Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread 13:04 - Jul 10 with 36080 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I’ve been quite lucky so far no?

Well managed England play will defeat the Italians by the odd goal.

Here’s me putting the gauntlet down:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:27 - Jul 15 with 1778 viewsSheffieldHoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 08:24 - Jul 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Re: Perry

I’m sorry, I know this didn’t go down well the other day when I said similar, but I just can’t generate the same level of contempt I have for the football authorities towards this guy.

Sticking a flare up my arse and hoovering cocaine in front of an audience isn’t my cup of tea but the bigger villain in the form of the football authorities in that day’s fiasco escapes condemnation.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 8:46]

Fact is, the country (And the rest of the world) is full of lads like this, most of them stay in their local boozer/social club, but they're not exactly rare.

Sure, more well-heeled people are going to look at it with incredulity, but if you go to any flat-roofed pub in any small town, you will find these people. "We" might not like them, and "We" might not respect their right to exist. But tough titty. When England is playing within a coach drive of them, they will be there. Gonna have to show some tolerance.

Think Qatar world cup will be fine with regards to "yobs"....Reckon it'll be like South Africa 2010 crowd, but potentially even fewer due to location, price, timing, local laws etc. The Euros will always attract young, poorer fans who can't feasibly go to a world cup.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 15 with 1784 viewsLimehouseR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 14 by izlingtonhoop

Don't know if this has been brought up already, but look at the cop seriously overdoing it at the beginning of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57823364

Utterly outrageous.

I know that some police officers don't always do everything above board but that is a classic case of seeing 3 seconds of footage and not having the full information. How do you know he has not got a weapon on him he's refused to relinquish? How do you know he's not just tried to assault that officer or his colleagues and made threats to them repeatedly prior to that 3 seconds? How do you know that he is not one of the risk group who was recognised with an extensive criminal history of assaulting police and members of public, a habitual knife carrier?

I was there on Sunday. I could give you detailed accounts of what I saw on the concourse up by the North side of the stadium but I will keep it brief. There were roving packs of teenagers and men, groups of perhaps 100 strong storming gates and assaulting police, stewards and members of public. I witnessed a group of disabled supporters getting knocked to the floor at one of the gates without a single care for anyone. And as soon as they got pushed away by security and the police they cried 'assault!' as if they were totally untouchable. The genuine fans that were there had their day totally ruined and some of those fans couldn't even get in because of the actions of those animals.

The police were badly unprepared for the level of sheer c**tery that went on and there just weren't enough of them to deal with the situation properly despite the fact that a lot of them had had their days of cancelled for that Sunday less than a week before. The planning for the day was naive at best. It just had not been anticipated that the trouble would be that bad at Wembley. There was apparently larger concern for what was happening in central London not to mention the consideration of the ideal conditions for a potential terrorist attack that had to be resourced for too. But you cannot really criticise the actions of a police officer without knowing the full facts. I am only making the point because I know from several family/friends who do that job, whom I trust, who get absolutely crucified for literally anything they do and the effect it has on them. One who did absolutely nothing wrong other than protect the life of his colleague who was put on desk duties for over a year based on an edited you tube video. It's an impossible job.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:58 - Jul 15 with 1748 viewsJuzzie

I really do believe the whole problem at Wembley on Sunday could have been avoided if they went to full capacity and sold all the tickets.

The fact people knew there were 30,000 empty seats was only going to lead to one conclusion. I mean, it was even mention here on LFW that people were just bunking into previous games at Wembley so once we got to the final they were going to try it on in huge numbers. There were WhatsApp groups all talking about doing it.

I really, really cannot see what difference it would have made having 60,000 (legitimate) people at the stadium or 90,000. Even if the ground was 2/3 full and people evenly spaced in the seats they would still have all been crammed together on the underground, buses, Wembley way, queuing at turnstiles/catering/toilets etc.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:09 - Jul 15 with 1708 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 07:52 - Jul 15 by 80s_Boy

Here's the problem...

He's an idiot but the newspapers have given him a platform to revel in what he did, show no remorse and, presumably, get paid for an exclusive interview...

Sometimes 'shining a light' on things isn't always the best option and that's why I think we need to look at the possibility of starving the idiots who racially abuse players on social media of attention.

There are idiots out there who will see how it affects some players and find it hilarious or a challenge to annoy opposition players. They'll move onto VPN and anonymous accounts to prevent arrest but will revel in seeing 'their work' displayed on front pages and news broadcasts.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 7:55]

The responses.....

That's why we need to consider media coverage because no doubt more than one of these idiots will be inspired.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:32 - Jul 15 with 1654 viewsjoe90

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:09 - Jul 15 by 80s_Boy

The responses.....

That's why we need to consider media coverage because no doubt more than one of these idiots will be inspired.

Of course he's a Chelsea fan.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:41 - Jul 15 with 1634 viewsTacticalR

A notable feature of declining powers like Britain is the poor quality of social organisation.

I am reminded of the inability to organise the 2005 World Athletic Championships.

'The failure to go ahead with the London championships is the first time in the modern sporting era that a major economic power has failed to meet a promise to hold a major sports event.'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/1577797.stm

Air hostess clique

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:55 - Jul 15 with 1604 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:41 - Jul 15 by TacticalR

A notable feature of declining powers like Britain is the poor quality of social organisation.

I am reminded of the inability to organise the 2005 World Athletic Championships.

'The failure to go ahead with the London championships is the first time in the modern sporting era that a major economic power has failed to meet a promise to hold a major sports event.'

Interesting that that article is dated Thursday, 4 October, 2001, and just 1342 days later we were awarded the Olympics which were successful.

The article, in fact, goes on to say 'It is also a big blow for British hopes of staging the 2012 Olympics.'....

I think there are two positions you can adopt here. One is to over-complicate the issue with grand theorising and discussions of 'declining powers' or you can look at the rationale behind the decision: the fact that the Government at the time rightly believed that £250m to build a stadium for an event with little public interest was not justifiable.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:38 - Jul 15 with 1494 viewsterryb

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:41 - Jul 15 by TacticalR

Does Columbia not hosting the 1986 World Cup count then?

You may argue they were not a major economic power, but the "cream of the populatiion" were some of the wealthiest in the world. It's hard to believe that Mexico, who replaced them as hosts, were a richer country.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 15:36 - Jul 15 with 1449 viewskensalriser

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:38 - Jul 15 by terryb

Does Columbia not hosting the 1986 World Cup count then?

You may argue they were not a major economic power, but the "cream of the populatiion" were some of the wealthiest in the world. It's hard to believe that Mexico, who replaced them as hosts, were a richer country.

Mexico's population is more than double Colombia's so its GDP is much larger - in 1986 it was four times larger.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:12 - Jul 15 with 1356 viewsizlingtonhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 15 by LimehouseR

I know that some police officers don't always do everything above board but that is a classic case of seeing 3 seconds of footage and not having the full information. How do you know he has not got a weapon on him he's refused to relinquish? How do you know he's not just tried to assault that officer or his colleagues and made threats to them repeatedly prior to that 3 seconds? How do you know that he is not one of the risk group who was recognised with an extensive criminal history of assaulting police and members of public, a habitual knife carrier?

I was there on Sunday. I could give you detailed accounts of what I saw on the concourse up by the North side of the stadium but I will keep it brief. There were roving packs of teenagers and men, groups of perhaps 100 strong storming gates and assaulting police, stewards and members of public. I witnessed a group of disabled supporters getting knocked to the floor at one of the gates without a single care for anyone. And as soon as they got pushed away by security and the police they cried 'assault!' as if they were totally untouchable. The genuine fans that were there had their day totally ruined and some of those fans couldn't even get in because of the actions of those animals.

The police were badly unprepared for the level of sheer c**tery that went on and there just weren't enough of them to deal with the situation properly despite the fact that a lot of them had had their days of cancelled for that Sunday less than a week before. The planning for the day was naive at best. It just had not been anticipated that the trouble would be that bad at Wembley. There was apparently larger concern for what was happening in central London not to mention the consideration of the ideal conditions for a potential terrorist attack that had to be resourced for too. But you cannot really criticise the actions of a police officer without knowing the full facts. I am only making the point because I know from several family/friends who do that job, whom I trust, who get absolutely crucified for literally anything they do and the effect it has on them. One who did absolutely nothing wrong other than protect the life of his colleague who was put on desk duties for over a year based on an edited you tube video. It's an impossible job.

I don't know any of those things. Neither do you. Even a suspect carry a knife would not be legally entitled to that level of three second brutality. By an officer - here, I'll make a presumption - trained in restraint.

Looks wrong to me.

Oh, and sorry for the up arrow. Was just looking to see who agreed with you..
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 17:14]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 21:54 - Jul 15 with 1177 viewsMaggsinho

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 23:14 - Jul 14 by Wegerles_Stairs

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15595227/yob-flare-bum-strolled-into-wembley/

*reads on*

"But Chelsea fan Perry, who boasted of bribing a steward to get in, insisted he “regrets nothing” and is already looking forward to the next tournament in Qatar in 2022."

Ah.

Paid £11k by The Sun for his story supposedly.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:00 - Jul 16 with 1094 viewsSharpy36

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-say-

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:22 - Jul 16 with 950 viewsSheffieldHoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 00:00 - Jul 16 by Sharpy36

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-say-

"largely indecipherable blue lettering"
Immediately covered up and being used as an example of racism before anyone has a chance to work out what it says
"Officers are analysing CCTV and forensic evidence from the spray paint used, Greater Manchester Police say."
Try getting them to do that when your house is burgled!
Anyone bothered about all the people who've been made to feel like they'll be a target for racist abuse from white people, even though the true evidence supporting this wild claim is only a small fraction of what's being put forward?
Very frustrating but entirely predictable

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:14 - Jul 16 with 921 viewsNortholt_Rs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:22 - Jul 16 by SheffieldHoop

Immediately covered up and being used as an example of racism before anyone has a chance to work out what it says
"Officers are analysing CCTV and forensic evidence from the spray paint used, Greater Manchester Police say."
Anyone bothered about all the people who've been made to feel like they'll be a target for racist abuse from white people, even though the true evidence supporting this wild claim is only a small fraction of what's being put forward?

Maybe an Italian had painted “Grazie” on the mural….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:19 - Jul 16 with 912 viewsGloryHunter

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:44 - Jul 15 by LimehouseR

Worth noting that there were no police on duty inside the ground. Wembley Stadium - like other football stadiums - is in private ownership, so they would have to pay the police to be there, which of course they don't want to do. Security inside the ground was reliant solely on the stewards, mostly kids on very poor money, and with no weapons or powers of arrest. The Met Police could only patrol outside the ground, in their normal role of keeping public order. Once the intruders had got past the feeble temporary fencing they were behind the police, who were powerless to do anything about it.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 901 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 10:22 - Jul 16 by SheffieldHoop

If the newspapers concentrated on accurate news rather than clicks on Social Media I'm convinced that the country would be a lot happier.

It was known on Monday morning that it wasn't racist abuse and that someone had written 'C**t' on the mural.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:24 - Jul 16 with 894 viewsNorthernr

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:19 - Jul 16 by GloryHunter

Worth noting that there were no police on duty inside the ground. Wembley Stadium - like other football stadiums - is in private ownership, so they would have to pay the police to be there, which of course they don't want to do. Security inside the ground was reliant solely on the stewards, mostly kids on very poor money, and with no weapons or powers of arrest. The Met Police could only patrol outside the ground, in their normal role of keeping public order. Once the intruders had got past the feeble temporary fencing they were behind the police, who were powerless to do anything about it.

This is a problem that crops up time and again. Private security firms undercutting the police bill for events then staffing the job either with kids and students who are only physically capable of checking a ticket and pointing in the vague direction of your seat, or absolute fcking meatheads who are just in it for the violence. Headingley for the cricket, Elland Road, away end at Old Trafford all particularly hideous experiences with the latter - stands policed by hired goons looking for a tear up.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:36 - Jul 16 with 864 viewsizlingtonhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:24 - Jul 16 by Northernr

This is a problem that crops up time and again. Private security firms undercutting the police bill for events then staffing the job either with kids and students who are only physically capable of checking a ticket and pointing in the vague direction of your seat, or absolute fcking meatheads who are just in it for the violence. Headingley for the cricket, Elland Road, away end at Old Trafford all particularly hideous experiences with the latter - stands policed by hired goons looking for a tear up.

Hillsborough a couple of years ago.

The away end stewards were fit looking middle aged grey beards, looking desperately for any excuse to eject anyone. Desperately looking for it...
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:42 - Jul 16 with 858 viewswillis1980

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:24 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Years back I remember baffled Bayern fans getting upset at being turfed out of Stamford Bridge for standing up.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:26 - Jul 16 with 822 viewsGloryHunter

Good piece about Wembley stewarding just published in the Indy:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/euro-2020-final-fans-security-stewa
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 12:28 - Jul 16 with 816 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 11:36 - Jul 16 by izlingtonhoop

Hillsborough a couple of years ago.

The away end stewards were fit looking middle aged grey beards, looking desperately for any excuse to eject anyone. Desperately looking for it...

West Midlands used to be the worst.

I remember being threatened with ejection at Highfield Road for 'Taunting the home fans...' I was in my early teens and singing "Sutton United" to them...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024