Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overrated food. 21:20 - Jul 12 with 11355 viewsMick_S

Booooooooo to last night. Anyway,

This has probably been done before, but, by jingo, there is some muck out there.

I’m going in with baked beans - same old gear in the same old 57 my arse varieties in a tin.

Pony.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Overrated food. on 03:06 - Jul 15 with 1581 viewsbob566

Overrated food. on 02:57 - Jul 15 by itsbiga

Chinese food
Sushi
Fast food (Mc Donalds etc)

I dont hate them but really don't see the appeal.

I try to eat cooked fish but I'm not a huge fan. I could never eat tuna. It's grey ffs. Looks awful. But sushi tuna the red stuff is the best food I've ever had. Melts in the mouth
Overrated food. on 09:00 - Jul 15 with 1491 viewsBklynRanger

Overrated food. on 00:51 - Jul 15 by CiderwithRsie

Apparently Louis XIV was obsessed with them, ate them raw out of the pod, great bowls full.

Goes to show. Power corrupts, absolute power sends you off your trolley.

Dear God, he must have looked like a pea chomping Brian May
Overrated food. on 09:17 - Jul 15 with 1477 viewsRog

Surprised that no-one has mentioned the supposed "posh veg". Artichokes, Asparagus, Mange tout, baby sweetcorn. All very meh.
Overrated food. on 09:18 - Jul 15 with 1477 viewsHamptonR

I will throw Frankie and Benny's into the ring.

Went once with my in-laws, their idea of a treat. I said I might try a pizza, brother in-law, said you might as well go over there, pointing at the nearby Pizza Hut. I said, or a burger, brother in-law said the same as before, pointing at the nearby Burger King - We were on one of the new build places that have fine dining.
To shut him up I settled on spaghetti and meat balls.
A deep dish turned up with a few meat balls on top, looked good, I tucked in, and found that the spaghetti went down about 5mm.

Over priced snack.
Overrated food. on 09:38 - Jul 15 with 1443 viewsBklynRanger

Overrated food. on 09:18 - Jul 15 by HamptonR

I will throw Frankie and Benny's into the ring.

Went once with my in-laws, their idea of a treat. I said I might try a pizza, brother in-law, said you might as well go over there, pointing at the nearby Pizza Hut. I said, or a burger, brother in-law said the same as before, pointing at the nearby Burger King - We were on one of the new build places that have fine dining.
To shut him up I settled on spaghetti and meat balls.
A deep dish turned up with a few meat balls on top, looked good, I tucked in, and found that the spaghetti went down about 5mm.

Over priced snack.

That's a very legitimate subset you're raising there - falsely presented food.

Sandwiches are very bad for that obviously - sometimes I'll pass over one if it looks suspiciously front loaded.
Overrated food. on 10:09 - Jul 15 with 1428 viewswillis1980

Summer Rolls - its just an uncooked salad rolled in a rubbery see through rice paper wrap only made palatable by the peanut sauce!
Overrated food. on 10:25 - Jul 15 with 1404 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just about anything with the word Artisanal in the description or a cup of coffee that has words like skinny, pumpkin, grandé etc. in it's description.

The grass is always greener.

Overrated food. on 10:37 - Jul 15 with 1386 viewsMrSheen

Overrated food. on 10:09 - Jul 15 by willis1980

Summer Rolls - its just an uncooked salad rolled in a rubbery see through rice paper wrap only made palatable by the peanut sauce!

Wraps in general, cucumber matchsticks in wet cardboard, mostly heading for your lap.
Login to get fewer ads

Overrated food. on 10:50 - Jul 15 with 1358 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We should start cooking chips in animal fat and lard again. Veg fried ones are not the same.

It's like comparing Maud's to Mick's

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Overrated food. on 10:59 - Jul 15 with 1345 viewsRs_Holy

Overrated food. on 10:50 - Jul 15 by Metallica_Hoop

We should start cooking chips in animal fat and lard again. Veg fried ones are not the same.

It's like comparing Maud's to Mick's

heard Rick Stein say the same on one of his tv shows.
Overrated food. on 12:49 - Jul 15 with 1284 viewsR_from_afar

Overrated food. on 00:51 - Jul 15 by CiderwithRsie

Apparently Louis XIV was obsessed with them, ate them raw out of the pod, great bowls full.

Goes to show. Power corrupts, absolute power sends you off your trolley.

I studied this book at school: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woyzeck

The key bit:

Franz Woyzeck, a lonely soldier stationed in a provincial German town, is living with Marie, the mother of his child who is not blessed by the church as the child was born out of wedlock. Woyzeck earns extra money for his family by performing menial jobs for the Captain and agreeing to take part in medical experiments conducted by the Doctor. ***At one of these experiments, the Doctor tells Woyzeck that he must eat nothing but peas***.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Overrated food. on 13:15 - Jul 15 with 1262 viewsMrSheen

Overrated food. on 12:49 - Jul 15 by R_from_afar

I studied this book at school: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woyzeck

The key bit:

Franz Woyzeck, a lonely soldier stationed in a provincial German town, is living with Marie, the mother of his child who is not blessed by the church as the child was born out of wedlock. Woyzeck earns extra money for his family by performing menial jobs for the Captain and agreeing to take part in medical experiments conducted by the Doctor. ***At one of these experiments, the Doctor tells Woyzeck that he must eat nothing but peas***.

Werner Herzog film with the mesmerising Klaus Kinski.
Overrated food. on 16:19 - Jul 15 with 1182 viewsWokingR

Oysters - Chewy lumps of gone off snot.
Overrated food. on 16:22 - Jul 15 with 1177 viewsMick_S

Overrated food. on 16:19 - Jul 15 by WokingR

Oysters - Chewy lumps of gone off snot.

The ones from the ice cream van are ok.

Snails are rank, too. I had one, just one, in Greece and I was chewing the thing for a week. It tasted what I’d imagine a tyre would taste of.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 16:25]

Overrated food. on 16:44 - Jul 15 with 1148 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Overrated food. on 16:22 - Jul 15 by Mick_S

The ones from the ice cream van are ok.

Snails are rank, too. I had one, just one, in Greece and I was chewing the thing for a week. It tasted what I’d imagine a tyre would taste of.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 16:25]

Tyres are actually made of snails, mick. little-known fact.

Not Formula 1 tyres, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Overrated food. on 17:05 - Jul 15 with 1128 viewsMick_S

Overrated food. on 16:44 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

They must pick the speedy snails, Brian.

Whoops - see what you did there
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 17:06]

Overrated food. on 17:10 - Jul 15 with 1114 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Overrated food. on 16:44 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

No but they use snail Shell petrol

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Overrated food. on 17:12 - Jul 15 with 1105 viewsMick_S

Overrated food. on 17:10 - Jul 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

No but they use snail Shell petrol

I seem to remember a snail called Brian. 👍

Overrated food. on 19:03 - Jul 15 with 1038 viewseasthertsr

Amazed no-one has mentioned eggs! Just plain disgusting!
Overrated food. on 21:11 - Jul 15 with 959 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well if we’re moving from overrated to disgusting, let me throw in some delicacies from places I’ve called home that the locals love but which turn my guts.

First up, balut. A much loved Filipino delight of a…fertilised duck egg. The locals happily chow down on the foetus savouring the bones, beak and feathers!

Tarantula and other assorted bugs. Much loved by Cambodians and get a bus between cities, stop for a break and expect the locals to reboard with a bag of them to chow on.

Finally, anyone here who has exited an airport anywhere in south east Asia, would have come across durian. Stinks to high heaven and tastes rancid.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Overrated food. on 22:00 - Jul 15 with 926 viewsMrSheen

Nachos. Essentially salty biscuits smashed up and covered in wax.

Tempura, prawns and veg covered in painfully hot oily batter or inedible cold and soggy oily batter. Japan’s worst food, by a distance.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 22:04]
Overrated food. on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 909 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Overrated food. on 22:00 - Jul 15 by MrSheen

Nachos. Essentially salty biscuits smashed up and covered in wax.

Tempura, prawns and veg covered in painfully hot oily batter or inedible cold and soggy oily batter. Japan’s worst food, by a distance.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 22:04]

You sure you not been eating the mattresses by mistake?
Overrated food. on 11:47 - Jul 16 with 806 viewswillis1980

Overrated food. on 21:11 - Jul 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Well if we’re moving from overrated to disgusting, let me throw in some delicacies from places I’ve called home that the locals love but which turn my guts.

First up, balut. A much loved Filipino delight of a…fertilised duck egg. The locals happily chow down on the foetus savouring the bones, beak and feathers!

Tarantula and other assorted bugs. Much loved by Cambodians and get a bus between cities, stop for a break and expect the locals to reboard with a bag of them to chow on.

Finally, anyone here who has exited an airport anywhere in south east Asia, would have come across durian. Stinks to high heaven and tastes rancid.

Luckily, the filipinos more than make up for balut with Caldereta, Sinigang, Adobo and Lechon etc. Best washed down with a bottle of Red Horse!
Overrated food. on 12:09 - Jul 16 with 792 viewsDWQPR

Wasabi, horseradish or English mustard. Condiments of Satan.

It says alot about Nando's when the best thing on their menu is the mushroom and haloumi pitta with chilli sauce.

On the other hand, anything that comes out of the sea with a shell you cannot beat. A drop of the green Tabasco on an oyster is a must and mussels I can just eat and eat.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Overrated food. on 13:35 - Jul 16 with 766 viewshantssi

Overrated food. on 12:09 - Jul 16 by DWQPR

Wasabi, horseradish or English mustard. Condiments of Satan.

It says alot about Nando's when the best thing on their menu is the mushroom and haloumi pitta with chilli sauce.

On the other hand, anything that comes out of the sea with a shell you cannot beat. A drop of the green Tabasco on an oyster is a must and mussels I can just eat and eat.

Can’t agree on horseradish or English mustard, perfect with roast beef!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024