Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best and worse of the area you live in. 20:29 - Jul 17 with 16718 viewsqpr_1968

Shepherds bush.

BEST...Qpr, food shops to eat from all over the world. The askew.
WORST.....Traffic, and the extortianate parking charges.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 00:44 - Jul 21 with 1932 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 23:51 - Jul 20 by IrishR

Hey Brian,

Think we may have spoke on here a number of years back. Are you living in Cork now then? I must literally pass your door everyday. Im living over near Anglesea street myself and was even closer last year as i was short term on the western road. Didn't realise you were so close we will have to catch a game.

You don't by any chance drive a red Corolla covered in QPR stickers? I saw this car out the straight road in recent months.

90% of the homeless issue in the City is due to substance abuse from what I see, if the root cause can be fixed, most probably have homes and families to go to.

Stalker alert Brian he tracked you down get those stickers off tonight .Haha only kidding its really cool to meet another QPR fan we appear to be in a minority around the world.Hope you 2 boys can see a match and have a beer or 2.
I have worn my Guinness 85 QPR shirt in Chicago since late 80s and still have not met any fans (still looking for Match82 haha )or even a question on what sport not to mind team it is.
Chicago was one of the finest Cities in the world without doubt .
The gun violence's is mind blowing shocking and quickly making it one of the worst cities in not only America but probably the world
The best and worse of the area you live in. on 01:03 - Jul 21 with 1920 viewsBoston

Hmm, I’ve met a few R’s dotted around Mass. Probably meet more if I wore any identifying paraphernalia on a regular basis.
S’funny, none of the fans over here have ever tried to ponce money off me to get to a game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 06:58 - Jul 21 with 1833 viewsdistortR

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 01:03 - Jul 21 by Boston

Hmm, I’ve met a few R’s dotted around Mass. Probably meet more if I wore any identifying paraphernalia on a regular basis.
S’funny, none of the fans over here have ever tried to ponce money off me to get to a game.

It's not poncing Boston, it's blackmail, which is a far more noble undertaking
The best and worse of the area you live in. on 07:42 - Jul 21 with 1797 viewsKensal_Ranger

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 20:59 - Jul 18 by queensparker

Kensal Green.

Best: still a proper community round here, can’t walk to the end of the road without a chat with anyone from an octogenarian Jamaican veteran to a young family who’ve just moved in to an Irish fella who’s kids have flown the coop. It’s changing as the house values go insane but still the best area I’ve lived in London for neighbours. Everyone genuinely looks out for each other. I can walk to Rangers. I’m the third generation of my family now to live in west London as I come from the 40s/50s Irish invasion and I still have real pride in keeping that going. 4 and 6 year old kids have a top school round the corner which I give thanks for every day. So many amazing parks, food, sports clubs, music and interesting stuff within walking distance. It’s London.

Worst: House is tiny for all of us with barely a garden and We have f all chance of getting a bigger one unless an unlikely financial windfall hits or we join the flight to the middle of nowhere. I hate what property prices are doing to London communities. Kids are small now but tbh not sure how I’ll feel about them walking about as teenagers in ten years - stabbing and gangs are on the doorstep. Council are sh-t, rubbish everywhere, pollution and traffic is getting worse.

To leave or not to leave? Seems like anyone who grew up as kid in London faces the choice but I can’t see myself anywhere else.

I grew up up in KG, Pember Rd - 50's to late 70's. Was supposed to be temporary accommodation for the family (part of the Irish invasion you mention) after being 'moved on' by a V1 in 1944!
Was a bit Wild West in the seventies, but pleased to see that things have settled down. I still have family there, and do visit en route to LR.
The best and worse of the area you live in. on 09:02 - Jul 21 with 1717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 23:51 - Jul 20 by IrishR

Hey Brian,

Think we may have spoke on here a number of years back. Are you living in Cork now then? I must literally pass your door everyday. Im living over near Anglesea street myself and was even closer last year as i was short term on the western road. Didn't realise you were so close we will have to catch a game.

You don't by any chance drive a red Corolla covered in QPR stickers? I saw this car out the straight road in recent months.

90% of the homeless issue in the City is due to substance abuse from what I see, if the root cause can be fixed, most probably have homes and families to go to.

Anglesea Street? Sure that's on the far side of the entire City! Must be nearly twenty minutes' walk away!

No, the red Corrolla's not mine. I love how you say "out the straight road" and the entire forum is non-plussed, but you and I know exactly which road that is!!!

Must definitely meet up for a Sky game. I'm onto QPR+ Support at the moment trying top figure which games exactly QPR+ will make available to ROI supporters but it's like the Fourth Secret of Fatima!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 22:20 - Jul 21 with 1521 viewsIrishR

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 09:02 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Anglesea Street? Sure that's on the far side of the entire City! Must be nearly twenty minutes' walk away!

No, the red Corrolla's not mine. I love how you say "out the straight road" and the entire forum is non-plussed, but you and I know exactly which road that is!!!

Must definitely meet up for a Sky game. I'm onto QPR+ Support at the moment trying top figure which games exactly QPR+ will make available to ROI supporters but it's like the Fourth Secret of Fatima!

Haha its a trek alright.

That red Corolla had around 10 QPR stickers on the back window keep an eye out. Others didnt understand my excitement when seeing it given how few and far between we are.

Do keep in touch sure and we can catch a match in town.
The best and worse of the area you live in. on 07:29 - Jul 22 with 1446 viewsNorthernr

Whetstone/Barnet

+ V green and leafy here, bar one main road doesn't feel like London at all. Five minutes in a couple of directions you're in open countryside. Good transport links. Good restaurants.

- Finney lives here. Will occassionally fly past honking his horn and waving his arms around in his van just when you least expect it/think you've escaqped.

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 12:59 - Jul 22 with 1332 viewsaston_hoop

Barcelona (El Born)

Positives - Sun, sea, bars, restaurants, atmosphere. Easy access to the coast north and south of the city, easy access to head to the mountains in the north,

Negatives - Spanish bureaucracy is a nightmare, thieves, its a long way from Loftus Road, mosquitos. I hate the bastards.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 10:17 - Jul 23 with 1190 viewsLancashirehoop

Blackpool:

Pros: The promenade early morning and late evening - great for cycling. Stunning views of the Lake District, Wales and the Irish Sea. 1 hour from Lakes or Manchester.

Cons: Too many holiday makers in summer. Local economy depends on them but the mess they leave!. Weather unpredictable apart from there's always wind, sometimes quite strong, not good for cycling! and bleak in winter.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 10:48 - Jul 23 with 1147 viewsJeff

Carshalton:

Pros:

Relatively cheap house prices for Greater London - as an older 'millennial' when i was able to afford to buy instead of rent I could afford a 1 bed flat above a chip shop in Tooting, or a 3 bed house with garden and driveway in Carshalton, which was an easy choice to make.

Surprisingly good transport links, i'm within walking distance of both Morden for the Tube, and Mitcham Junction for Tram / Train

Cons:

Simmo complains when he comes to visit because it's south of the river.

You have to explain to anyone asking where you live that it's 'Near Croydon' or 'Near Sutton' as no-one outside of South London has ever heard of it.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 10:49]

Can we not knock it?

The best and worse of the area you live in. on 10:51 - Jul 23 with 1138 viewsBklynRanger

This is a really good thread for the times we're living in - our lease is up in December and in London, out of London, very far out of London are all on the table. We'll probably stay sat on our arses for another year if I had to bet on any of them - moving is a right fcuker. Anyway:

Chiswick

Good: Leafy - 2 mins walk to one of the most beautiful parks in London. Love the stretch of the river round here and will miss it when we leave. Decent pubs within 10/15 mins walk. Nice mix of nature and urban - loads of birds, trees etc but plenty of stuff around. Compared to Brooklyn it's like I've moved to the countryside, but not.

Bad: Toffs. Not meaning to be classist but if you're looking for hoighty toighty look no further. Gives me a sort of constant low level unease about the haves and have-nots of this great city. Lack of population density - the leafy thing can feel a bit boring at times. No bodega on the corner supplying beers at 1am, but that's not a local issue.
The best and worse of the area you live in. on 22:51 - Jul 24 with 912 viewsqpr_1968

gotta say, its days like today that make you proud to live in shepherds bush.
i know it was only a friendly, but on paper we were playing the second biggest team in england, after us.
the buzz today before the game was immense, from the pubs to the food outlets to the club shop and box office.
the queue for the clubshop never seemed to go down from about ten oclock this morning till ko.
it looked as if it was going to be a full house, but people were buying stuff from the club shop and going home, probably to watch it on the qpr sight.
great day, roll on leicester and millwall.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024