Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VPNs 19:28 - Aug 6 with 8389 viewsstainrods_elbow

Apologies if this has already been raised on a previous thread, but I'm wondering if any dotorgers (overseas or otherwise) have had experience using one of these little babies to circumnavigate the georestrictions on the club's matchday stream owing to EFL rights issues. They're perfectly legal here in Ireland, where NordVPM, appears to be the best recommended. Thanks in advance.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

VPNs on 19:34 - Aug 6 with 6904 viewsLandshark

Can't help in regards to using VPN for the football georestrictions but ExpressVPN is apparently the best to use from what I've previously read. Nord is most popular but Express is best to use.
VPNs on 19:40 - Aug 6 with 6875 viewsthame_hoops

Opera browser has a built in VPN you can turn on and off really easily. It’s worth just downloading Opera browser for this, although I don’t keep it as my default browser.
VPNs on 19:41 - Aug 6 with 6873 viewsstainrods_elbow

VPNs on 19:34 - Aug 6 by Landshark

Can't help in regards to using VPN for the football georestrictions but ExpressVPN is apparently the best to use from what I've previously read. Nord is most popular but Express is best to use.

Thanks, Landshark - will look into it.

Has anyone (successfully) used a VPN to watch EFL streams. (More to the point, why isn't everyone at it?)

VPNs on 19:41 - Aug 6 with 6876 viewssaxbend

I use Hola and it works well as intended, however if you try to use it for QPR+ you will get found out eventually. It's not illegal as far as I can tell as they openly state that use for them in their advertising, but the clubs put it in their T&Cs that you can't use VPNs for any reason.
VPNs on 19:59 - Aug 6 with 6810 viewsstainrods_elbow

The plot thickens. Given that VPNs are not generally illegal, I'd be interested to know on what basis the club, EFL or anyone could take action against a user of one. If I purchase a matchday pass and use a VPN to access it, for example, I'm not defrauding the club; in fact, I'm contributing revenue to it. I'm also interested to know what techniques can be and/or are legitimately used (without breaching my privacy) to spy on my (legal) computer use. What are the consequences of being 'found out' here?

All in all, this seems far less objectionable than fans routinely using (illegal) streams. Presumably, using a browser like Opera with a VPN function is a viable and below-the-radar soloution.

Clive, as our webmaster and all-round good egg, do you take a view here on this vexing topic?

VPNs on 20:07 - Aug 6 with 6784 viewsaston_hoop

Finding out if someone is using a VPN to access streams or indeed accessing this site is very straightforward for an IT admin, whether they bother to check is another thing.

Edit - as per the OP, I have no idea how they deal with this at QPR so cant recommend anything. I live in Spain so its not an issue for me.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 20:10]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

VPNs on 20:13 - Aug 6 with 6758 viewsqueensparker

Have been using Private Internet Access as a VPN for a few years now and it’s been flawless - great speeds, professional company, decent yearly subscription price. Open the program, select the country you want to be from, no problem at all.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 1:11]
VPNs on 20:19 - Aug 6 with 6727 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes indeed, I am only asking for research purposes myself. It's an interesting and far from clearcut topic, I think.

In practice, I divide my time/location between Germany, the UK and Ireland, so I'm constantly moving about. It's quite bizarre that, to comply with the technical specifications, thsi technically means I can watch QPR online sometimes and sometimes not.

Login to get fewer ads

VPNs on 20:36 - Aug 6 with 6663 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If I were using dubious software/tactics to watch games (il)legally, I wouldn’t broadcast it on this or any other site!

Just a thought…

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

VPNs on 21:51 - Aug 6 with 6530 viewsstainrods_elbow

VPNs on 20:36 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

If I were using dubious software/tactics to watch games (il)legally, I wouldn’t broadcast it on this or any other site!

Just a thought…

Neither would I!

VPNs on 23:30 - Aug 6 with 6420 viewsTrom

Many VPN's are blocked by websites. Once a VPN is blocked they need another address to circumvent the block. They do this by blocking the IP.

So it's not guaranteed to work and rather depends on whether the VPNs IP is known and blocked and then if it is whether the VPN sets up a new address to circumnavigate it.
VPNs on 00:51 - Aug 7 with 6341 viewsTacticalR

Always used Private Internet Access, never had a problem with it.

Air hostess clique

VPNs on 02:11 - Aug 7 with 6296 viewsBoston

Why not try supporting Queens Park Rangers by buying their product?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 2:14]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

VPNs on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 6164 viewsLondon_Pride

I am based in Slovenia and use Nord VPN when I want to look at content such as SKY games where coverage is restricted to the UK (or Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.). It also means that I can pay to access the QPR+ stream when I am back visiting the UK, if I can't get to the game.

Nord VPN is really easy to use and works well. You can choose which country to connect from.

Recommended.
VPNs on 11:12 - Aug 7 with 6100 viewsdavman

VPNs on 02:11 - Aug 7 by Boston

Why not try supporting Queens Park Rangers by buying their product?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 2:14]

The suggestion is to use the product offered by the club. As UK based supporters cannot watch the stream presented by the club, all that is being explored is whether anyone based in the UK can pay the club to watch through a VPN. I don't think anyone is suggesting to NOT buy the official product.

If that option is not open, then surprise surprise, some people look at illegal streams.

I am interested in the legality of all this; as pointed out above, the use of VPNs is not illegal, so what "crime" is being committed if someone in the UK watches the games through a VPN?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

VPNs on 11:24 - Aug 7 with 6069 viewsMelakaRanger

I use CyberGhost. Often they have 85% off deals and that’s what I bought.

I’ve used CyberGhost for a couple of years without any issues

Obvious I am in “Germany or the USA” when I watch the live matches on QPR+

I think later today I will be travelling again to Germany and will watch the game from there

I had hoped to be at the match but GWR wanted over £80 for the cheapest ticket from Devon - hence my decision to travel (🤪) to Germany
VPNs on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 6037 viewsPinnerPaul

VPNs on 11:12 - Aug 7 by davman

The suggestion is to use the product offered by the club. As UK based supporters cannot watch the stream presented by the club, all that is being explored is whether anyone based in the UK can pay the club to watch through a VPN. I don't think anyone is suggesting to NOT buy the official product.

If that option is not open, then surprise surprise, some people look at illegal streams.

I am interested in the legality of all this; as pointed out above, the use of VPNs is not illegal, so what "crime" is being committed if someone in the UK watches the games through a VPN?

The option is not open to protect the rights holders.

If widespread circumventing of Sky's contract becomes a thing, expect them to reduce fee paid for rights or walk away altogether.
VPNs on 14:40 - Aug 7 with 5904 viewssaxbend

VPNs on 11:34 - Aug 7 by PinnerPaul

The option is not open to protect the rights holders.

If widespread circumventing of Sky's contract becomes a thing, expect them to reduce fee paid for rights or walk away altogether.

You make that sound like a bad thing.
VPNs on 13:31 - Jan 17 with 4315 viewsMwinobog

VPNs on 14:40 - Aug 7 by saxbend

You make that sound like a bad thing.

They say that ExpressVPN shows itself perfectly and almost all my friends and acquaintances use it only, but I am not a fan of VPN, since I think that good proxy servers are much more convenient and better for hiding the location. As soon as I started working in an SEO company, she shared with me probably the best proxy servers that exist -- <a href=" " target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://soax.com/seo-monitoring/"> https://soax.com/seo-monitoring</a>. Initially, they were conceived for SEO monitoring, but I still found proxies that I can take for personal use. So try a proxy server, especially since the Internet is full of different options. Just remember that paid proxies are much better than free ones.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 17:01]
VPNs on 13:54 - Jan 17 with 4212 viewsAberystwythR

We do it for every game we cant get to in person. Log in the vpn to an overseas network, open up the qpr website and buy the pass, then just watch hassle free. Simple as and definitely recommended
VPNs on 13:56 - Jan 17 with 4206 viewsfrancisbowles

I am in the Canary Islands at present but last Saturday's match was stated by the club as being broadcast in Spain.
I had to transport myself to Belgium to purchase and use the official stream. I don't think Opera would allow you to do this as it just has a Europe setting not individual countries.
I'll be back on Friday, staying the night at Gatwick and taking up my season ticket for Saturday's game.
VPNs on 14:05 - Jan 17 with 4167 viewskernowhoop

VPNs on 11:12 - Aug 7 by davman

Not a lawyer, so I cannot be sure, but, the problem of legality is probably one for the broadcaster. If a viewer is using a VPN in, for example, France, to watch a broadcast from the UK which is not contracted/licensed to be shown in France, the broadcaster appears to be the party which could be challenged. Those who use VPNs abroad to watch UK material will know that, from time to time, they are blocked, even though they are 'in the UK' via the VPN. It seems that the broadcaster gets to know the most-used addresses of the VPN servers and blocks them, presumably also affecting those VPN users who are actually in the UK.
You might want to be sure that your VPN provider allows you to change VPN server on occasions when you are blocked.
VPNs on 14:09 - Jan 17 with 4155 viewsBklynRanger

I really don't mean to be an arse but could we stop talking about this?
VPNs on 15:56 - Jan 17 with 4037 viewsMelakaRanger

VPNs on 19:41 - Aug 6 by stainrods_elbow

Thanks, Landshark - will look into it.

Has anyone (successfully) used a VPN to watch EFL streams. (More to the point, why isn't everyone at it?)

I’ve used Surfshark and Cyberghost over the last few years.

Never had any problems watching QPR+ whilst I was visiting the following countries (cough) Germany or Malta and many others.
VPNs on 16:03 - Jan 17 with 3993 viewsLandshark

VPNs on 14:09 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

I really don't mean to be an arse but could we stop talking about this?

There's 2 topics on the front page with 68 and 72 pages worth of discussion and another on page 2 with 537 pages yet you are concerned about a topic that started in August and has resurfaced today? Makes sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024