Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VPNs 19:28 - Aug 6 with 8531 viewsstainrods_elbow

Apologies if this has already been raised on a previous thread, but I'm wondering if any dotorgers (overseas or otherwise) have had experience using one of these little babies to circumnavigate the georestrictions on the club's matchday stream owing to EFL rights issues. They're perfectly legal here in Ireland, where NordVPM, appears to be the best recommended. Thanks in advance.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

VPNs on 16:09 - Jan 17 with 1493 viewsRBlock

VPNs on 11:34 - Aug 7 by PinnerPaul

The option is not open to protect the rights holders.

If widespread circumventing of Sky's contract becomes a thing, expect them to reduce fee paid for rights or walk away altogether.

More often than not, people aren't circumventing Sky's contract - they're circumventing the FA's 3pm blackout. I have an ST so make every home game and as many away games as I can afford; for those that I can't, I use Nord VPN (flawless) and watch via QPR Plus, putting more money into the club's coffers.
VPNs on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 1488 viewsdannyblue

I use the free version of ProtonVPN and it works fine.
VPNs on 16:22 - Jan 17 with 1450 viewsBklynRanger

VPNs on 16:03 - Jan 17 by Landshark

There's 2 topics on the front page with 68 and 72 pages worth of discussion and another on page 2 with 537 pages yet you are concerned about a topic that started in August and has resurfaced today? Makes sense.

I'll explain - I'm more concerned about this becoming raised as an issue that needs to be addressed, and people losing the ability to watch. It's usually talked about a bit more discretely, DM-ed etc. The cat is probably out of the bag long ago of course.
VPNs on 16:35 - Jan 17 with 1411 viewsLanhoop

VPNs on 16:09 - Jan 17 by RBlock

More often than not, people aren't circumventing Sky's contract - they're circumventing the FA's 3pm blackout. I have an ST so make every home game and as many away games as I can afford; for those that I can't, I use Nord VPN (flawless) and watch via QPR Plus, putting more money into the club's coffers.

I'm exactly the same, to the letter.

The people running QPR+, iFollow etc are all clearly technically competent enough to very aware of the ways to get around the FA's 3pm Saturday curfew. They could, if they wanted to, stop it but the effort needed would be out of proportion to the size of the problem and would just end up in a game of whack-a-mole while they tried to block addresses/providers etc. They'd end up blocking valid users as well as the VPN/Proxy user. I don't see anything being done as both the provider and the clubs would be losing revenue - assuming that they are watching additional matches and not just in-person ticket replacing.
VPNs on 17:02 - Jan 17 with 1345 viewsdenhamhoop2

VPNs on 02:11 - Aug 7 by Boston

Why not try supporting Queens Park Rangers by buying their product?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 2:14]

Because if you live in the UK you are not allowed to stream QPR games even if there are no trains and the club only supply 1 supporters coach
VPNs on 17:17 - Jan 17 with 1327 viewseastside_r

VPNs on 23:30 - Aug 6 by Trom

Many VPN's are blocked by websites. Once a VPN is blocked they need another address to circumvent the block. They do this by blocking the IP.

So it's not guaranteed to work and rather depends on whether the VPNs IP is known and blocked and then if it is whether the VPN sets up a new address to circumnavigate it.

My brother-in- law lives near me and supports his boyhood club who are up north and in League 2.

He has an iFollow subscription with that club and watches their home games from ‘abroad’ using a VPN.

This was until last Saturday when he was informed that the club / provider had detected that he was using a VPN and that is apparently against the iFollow Terms & Conditions. They therefore blocked his stream access. He tried to plead that he was genuinely abroad and always used a VPN for security purposes, but they were not having any of it.

He is an IT professional, so he will probably find a way around this.

Although our vehicle is branded QPR+, I think that it is actually the same EFL iFollow system. So if all of the above is true and the same for QPR, then anyone on here doing similar may be cut off at some point. It is not clear what prompted this League 2 club to act, as this is a revenue stream now curtailed. Perhaps someone is putting pressure on the EFL, who are then putting pressure on the clubs.

BiL’s team are away up north this weekend so I shall find out what his workaround might be on Sunday and report back.
VPNs on 17:23 - Jan 17 with 1297 viewsHooping_Mad

There is a plug for Chrome called touchVPN cannot say how secure it is but seems to work well enough for the overseas streams

Proton is Free

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

VPNs on 09:41 - May 4 with 996 viewsHamzzi

VPNs on 17:17 - Jan 17 by eastside_r

My brother-in- law lives near me and supports his boyhood club who are up north and in League 2.

He has an iFollow subscription with that club and watches their home games from ‘abroad’ using a VPN.

This was until last Saturday when he was informed that the club / provider had detected that he was using a VPN and that is apparently against the iFollow Terms & Conditions. They therefore blocked his stream access. He tried to plead that he was genuinely abroad and always used a VPN for security purposes, but they were not having any of it.

He is an IT professional, so he will probably find a way around this.

Although our vehicle is branded QPR+, I think that it is actually the same EFL iFollow system. So if all of the above is true and the same for QPR, then anyone on here doing similar may be cut off at some point. It is not clear what prompted this League 2 club to act, as this is a revenue stream now curtailed. Perhaps someone is putting pressure on the EFL, who are then putting pressure on the clubs.

BiL’s team are away up north this weekend so I shall find out what his workaround might be on Sunday and report back.

Hey there! I've used a VPN before to access georestricted content and it can definitely be a great solution.
Login to get fewer ads

VPNs on 14:11 - May 4 with 751 viewsenfieldargh

I've been told that by using your VPN registering in a poorer country that things like flight tickets are cheaper.

Doesnt work for me.

I've tried being
Thai
Norwegian
Canadian
Belgian
Bangladeshi
Cambodian amongst others but never find cheaper fares

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

VPNs on 14:24 - May 4 with 715 viewsBluce_Ree

VPNs on 19:40 - Aug 6 by thame_hoops

Opera browser has a built in VPN you can turn on and off really easily. It’s worth just downloading Opera browser for this, although I don’t keep it as my default browser.

This.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

VPNs on 14:31 - May 4 with 706 viewsBenny_the_Ball

VPNs on 02:11 - Aug 7 by Boston

Why not try supporting Queens Park Rangers by buying their product?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 2:14]

Erm, that's what he's trying to do. By using a VPN he can buy QPR's matchday pass, as opposed to watching the match on illegal streams which brings no revenue to the club.
VPNs on 19:24 - May 4 with 594 viewsDorse

I use Wireguard VPN through Mozilla Firefox on my Ubuntu laptop. Haven't tried the whole geolocation thing yet but it was a cinch to put together. Can also use it on Android phones, if it's any help?
[Post edited 4 May 2023 19:41]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024