Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncs and the crowd 08:17 - Aug 12 with 7382 viewsbongo_king

Under normal circumstances I love the passion and it's great to see. But in the current situation with COVID it may be a bit more complicated. A lot has been made of how the medical team have worked hard to avoid COVID outbreaks in the squad. Obviously when a player jumps in the crowd it then gets... complicated.

We might think this covid thing is over in football, but e.g. Huddersfield town team last weekend will remind you it's not. Will be interesting to see how Warbs reacts, I'd imagine he's not over the moon - maybe no Uncs in training or the squad on Saturday to be on safe side?

Good penalty mind you...

[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:19]
Uncs and the crowd on 08:33 - Aug 12 with 4918 viewsconnell10

He stood on the advertising hoarding , so not exactly in the middle of the crowd! and Warbs seemed perfectly ok with it in post interveiw, i personally loved it! Id rather have players like that here instead of Barton or Boswanker !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Uncs and the crowd on 08:43 - Aug 12 with 4873 viewsNorthernr

Wait until you hear how Jordy De Wijs spent his night.
Uncs and the crowd on 08:44 - Aug 12 with 4861 viewsstowmarketrange

Uncs and the crowd on 08:33 - Aug 12 by connell10

He stood on the advertising hoarding , so not exactly in the middle of the crowd! and Warbs seemed perfectly ok with it in post interveiw, i personally loved it! Id rather have players like that here instead of Barton or Boswanker !

I bet boswanker got emotional every month when he earned more money for doing f@ck all.
Uncs and the crowd on 08:48 - Aug 12 with 4839 viewsflynnbo

Uncs and the crowd on 08:43 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Wait until you hear how Jordy De Wijs spent his night.

?
Uncs and the crowd on 08:52 - Aug 12 with 4818 viewsNorthernr

sat three rows in front of us in a big puffer jacket supporting the team.
Uncs and the crowd on 09:17 - Aug 12 with 4691 viewsMaggsinho

Unfortunate timing that the club put out a message saying that players couldn't sign autographs or pose for pictures due to Covid protocols.

Uncs and the crowd on 09:20 - Aug 12 with 4666 viewsParkRoyalR

Uncs and the crowd on 08:52 - Aug 12 by Northernr

It may have been him Dunne was looking for in the crowd and laughing / waving up to after the game - seem to be a good bunch!
Uncs and the crowd on 09:28 - Aug 12 with 4604 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn't fancy the chances of any virus trying to invade him.
Login to get fewer ads

Uncs and the crowd on 09:31 - Aug 12 with 4585 viewsdaveB

It was fantastic. I've really missed night like that and to see Adomah come over and celebrate with us was wonderful, was a few feet away from us and made my kids night to be so close.
Uncs and the crowd on 09:44 - Aug 12 with 4521 viewsMyke

It was a bit more than that, he was mobbed by those in the front rows. As for Warburton, he is not going to publicly condemn him, but he was having a very firm conversation with him when Adomah (eventually) walked off. Personally thought it was OTT in the context of the performance,the event and the ongoing pandemic. I thought he was just going to throw his shirt into the crowd, which would have been grand.
Uncs and the crowd on 09:50 - Aug 12 with 4485 viewslondonscottish

That's brilliant

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Uncs and the crowd on 09:51 - Aug 12 with 4463 viewsSonofpugwash

Uncle Albert's celebrations were a joy to behold.
There was a definite lump in the throat although it could have been a tough bit of tandoori tikka.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Uncs and the crowd on 09:55 - Aug 12 with 4447 viewsSydneyRs

In one of the clips I saw several of the crowd hugged or touched him. They were great scenes but hopefully no negative consequences.
Uncs and the crowd on 10:14 - Aug 12 with 4379 viewsozranger

Can't see it mentioned above, but we all had out temps checked prior to entry. Don't think that will mean anyone with a low temp cannot be asymptotic, but it would eliminate any who are under the influence of the virus such that they are showing fever style symptoms. So, the chances of anyone in the crowd having the virus would be down a lot from what we see at HQ.
Uncs and the crowd on 10:22 - Aug 12 with 4345 viewsNorthernr

Uncs and the crowd on 10:14 - Aug 12 by ozranger

Can't see it mentioned above, but we all had out temps checked prior to entry. Don't think that will mean anyone with a low temp cannot be asymptotic, but it would eliminate any who are under the influence of the virus such that they are showing fever style symptoms. So, the chances of anyone in the crowd having the virus would be down a lot from what we see at HQ.

Oh yeh I'd forgotten that. Thought she was scanning my ticket and she did my wrist instead.
Uncs and the crowd on 10:27 - Aug 12 with 4298 viewsRangersw12

He was nice enough to have a photo with my middle son outside the away end

We seem to have a really decent bunch of players
Uncs and the crowd on 10:29 - Aug 12 with 4282 viewsJuzzie

I thought it was great. Sure it was OTT but fk it..... we've all gone through 18 months of hell (and still going through it) and it was our first away game with fans in god knows how long, a London derby to boot and a great turnout from the QPR fans. Let's have some fking fun, eh.

There's always going to be people who moan, especially opposition fans ("celebrating like it was a final" - that kind of thing). Fk 'em, miserable cnts.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 11:23]
Uncs and the crowd on 10:35 - Aug 12 with 4254 viewsNorthernr

Uncs and the crowd on 10:29 - Aug 12 by Juzzie

I thought it was great. Sure it was OTT but fk it..... we've all gone through 18 months of hell (and still going through it) and it was our first away game with fans in god knows how long, a London derby to boot and a great turnout from the QPR fans. Let's have some fking fun, eh.

There's always going to be people who moan, especially opposition fans ("celebrating like it was a final" - that kind of thing). Fk 'em, miserable cnts.

Agreed. And who knows we may end up locked down again. People deserve some fun and enjoyment.
Uncs and the crowd on 10:42 - Aug 12 with 4206 viewsLogman

I loved it. Albert is a legend. I loved the way he displayed his emotion and wanted to celebrate with the crowd.
Uncs and the crowd on 11:14 - Aug 12 with 4078 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

Makes an absolute mockery of the announcement from the club yesterday stating players would keep their distance from the fans due to the risk. The club have every right to say the above as they are protecting the players.
Uncs and the crowd on 11:22 - Aug 12 with 4037 viewsconnell10

We ain't half got some miserable fans. God !!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Uncs and the crowd on 11:26 - Aug 12 with 3997 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Uncs and the crowd on 10:42 - Aug 12 by Logman

I loved it. Albert is a legend. I loved the way he displayed his emotion and wanted to celebrate with the crowd.

Agree. Getting upset about this is a bit joyless IMO.

In a room full of Bosingwas be an Adomah.
Uncs and the crowd on 11:27 - Aug 12 with 3993 viewsJAY

Uncs and the crowd on 10:29 - Aug 12 by Juzzie

Spot on.
Uncs and the crowd on 11:38 - Aug 12 with 3951 viewssimmo

Uncs and the crowd on 09:20 - Aug 12 by ParkRoyalR

It may have been him Dunne was looking for in the crowd and laughing / waving up to after the game - seem to be a good bunch!

Dunne was looking for and found his mates which were a big group of young lads behind us that had obviously come to see him - I noticed that too and he was delighted when he found them! De Wijs was there, not really watching the game, but was away double lively at full time - I assume in part so that he avoided too many requests for photos, etc. I found it odd that he was there alone, especially given the announcement yesterday about player space and he didn't pay much attention to the game anyway... I hope it's not an indicator that he's injured or unavailable to travel for Hull/Boro...

As for Adomah - I appreciate the club should be careful and the players too, but he's waited his whole career for moments like that in front of us. He spent last season with no fans there and as he doesn't play often, he might not get many more. Good for him for taking his chance to celebrate and milk the adoration, it was great to see.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Uncs and the crowd on 12:50 - Aug 12 with 3762 viewsFrankRightguard

Uncs and the crowd on 10:14 - Aug 12 by ozranger

Not at the end we went in at
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024