Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B TEAM 08:43 - Aug 17 with 3473 viewsgazza1

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but there has been an official announcement....

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-b-team-announcement-160821/
B TEAM on 09:12 - Aug 17 with 2658 viewsDorse

Read that this morning - I think it's going to be an important factor in helping QPR players step up, whether in terms of experience in 'men's football' (hate that phrase) or match sharpness. U23 football /academy football has its place but this feels like a more tailored solution for us.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

B TEAM on 09:35 - Aug 17 with 2571 viewsdmm

I'm looking forward to seeing the selection of U23s players to play B team games which will give an indication of who the coaches think can progress.
B TEAM on 09:57 - Aug 17 with 2491 viewsrrrspricey

B TEAM on 09:12 - Aug 17 by Dorse

Read that this morning - I think it's going to be an important factor in helping QPR players step up, whether in terms of experience in 'men's football' (hate that phrase) or match sharpness. U23 football /academy football has its place but this feels like a more tailored solution for us.

/ This

Great news imo as will provide the academy players with real competitive opponents.

This can only further their development, help sort out the wheat from the chaff and ensure there's a much smaller step-up to the first team in terms of opponent quality.
B TEAM on 10:10 - Aug 17 with 2450 viewssexton

Shame the games are being played at Wealdstone.
B TEAM on 10:24 - Aug 17 with 2396 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really like this idea. Can only help.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

B TEAM on 10:25 - Aug 17 with 2395 viewsA40Bosh

B TEAM on 10:10 - Aug 17 by sexton

Well it is and it isn't - as Grosvenor Vale is only 5 mins in the car or a 20 min walk from my place in Ruislip

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

B TEAM on 10:26 - Aug 17 with 2381 viewsfrancisbowles

Got to look after our pitch, Can't play Warbsball on a lumpy surface.
B TEAM on 10:29 - Aug 17 with 2371 viewsMyke

It's a good idea in theory but it all seems a bit ad hoc. Already this season we have Warburton lamenting our busy schedule, so how they are going to build 'B' games around that without further adding to to the overload is hard to see. Also,the quality of the oppo is going to vary sharply from game to game, going from the prem to non-league, to Europe, so again, what the players learn from each game could vary significantly. Wait and see how it pans out I suppose
Login to get fewer ads

B TEAM on 10:42 - Aug 17 with 2331 viewsozranger

B TEAM on 10:29 - Aug 17 by Myke

It's a good idea in theory but it all seems a bit ad hoc. Already this season we have Warburton lamenting our busy schedule, so how they are going to build 'B' games around that without further adding to to the overload is hard to see. Also,the quality of the oppo is going to vary sharply from game to game, going from the prem to non-league, to Europe, so again, what the players learn from each game could vary significantly. Wait and see how it pans out I suppose

But that is the whole idea of these. Owing to the busy schedule we will have players who will need a rest. Yet, we also need to make sure that we have players who are ready to straight step in. Thus, these "B" games make sure they are match fit to do so allowing us to keep as best the Top 11 for each game as we can. I do not think the quality of oppo will be of much concern as getting to play in any match will be worth more than winning or losing.
B TEAM on 11:20 - Aug 17 with 2195 viewsthemodfather

well , worth a try, maybe this will see the development we want for the team and club. i won't mention our defunkt academy.
B TEAM on 11:29 - Aug 17 with 2161 viewsdmm

I assume there won't be a B team squad as such but rather players drawn from the first and U23s as required.

I'd like to know who will manage the B team. Paul Hall must surely have his hands full with the U23s and assisting with the Jamaica squad.
B TEAM on 12:36 - Aug 17 with 1969 viewsaston_hoop

Little bit more here

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

B TEAM on 13:05 - Aug 17 with 1884 viewspaulhoop2

Hopefully they enter Middlesex and London cups to get some knock out experience.

Poll: Now itโ€™s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

B TEAM on 13:19 - Aug 17 with 1857 viewsnix

Blimey. Recast is working.,.
B TEAM on 13:34 - Aug 17 with 1822 viewsMyke

B TEAM on 12:36 - Aug 17 by aston_hoop

Little bit more here

Fair enough, but nothing we didn't really already know. Still more questions than answers; Who's in charge? When do they play? Who do they play? Home or away? If, let's say, Hall is in charge, how close to a match does Warburton inform him of who is available or not? As I said on a previous thread under the old football combination, it was easy to run fixtures for both the first team and the reserves as only 12 players were involved for each match game. Now however, with 16 players involved and very rarely (due to injury/suspension/fatigue/rotation) the same team being used in consecutive games, it is difficult to imagine more than two or three senior players being involved in any given game, with the rest being made up of u23's anyway. While this will benefit the younger players, in an around the first team squad, it could be argued that players that would really benefit from B team football - say Archer for example - will never get to play, as he will be sat on the bench for every first team game.
B TEAM on 13:47 - Aug 17 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

For why this is necessary, and a good move if executed well, please see the standard of opposition in the U23 game taking place currently. Absolutely no kind of preparation for Championship football whatsoever.
B TEAM on 13:53 - Aug 17 with 1744 viewsCiderwithRsie

B TEAM on 11:20 - Aug 17 by themodfather

well , worth a try, maybe this will see the development we want for the team and club. i won't mention our defunkt academy.

Defunkt Academy?

Great band.
B TEAM on 14:50 - Aug 17 with 1667 viewsPinnerPaul

Not for me, its a 5 minute drive from my house!

I'm actually there as an AR for a Wealdstone U18s game next week!
B TEAM on 15:27 - Aug 17 with 1580 viewsswisscottage

This is going to be a really useful move.

Squad players like Dunne, McCallum, Adomah, Kelman, Thomas, Archer, Walsh, betache get proper games to get/keep them match fit as opposed to 10 minute sub appearances once a week, and other players coming back from injury like Amos, get competitive footbal to gauge their progress against.

This is only going to make us stronger.
B TEAM on 15:29 - Aug 17 with 1571 viewsNewBee

B TEAM on 10:29 - Aug 17 by Myke

"Also,the quality of the oppo is going to vary sharply from game to game, going from the prem to non-league, to Europe, so again, what the players learn from each game could vary significantly"

Isn't that variability part of the rationale behind it?

For with the U-23's, it's just one set of young Academy graduates, who've all been coached in exactly the same way, versus another set.

Whereas by moving around and playing different types of opposition in different circumstances, then your 'B' team players become so much more rounded.
B TEAM on 16:22 - Aug 17 with 1501 viewsMyke

B TEAM on 15:27 - Aug 17 by swisscottage

This is going to be a really useful move.

Squad players like Dunne, McCallum, Adomah, Kelman, Thomas, Archer, Walsh, betache get proper games to get/keep them match fit as opposed to 10 minute sub appearances once a week, and other players coming back from injury like Amos, get competitive footbal to gauge their progress against.

This is only going to make us stronger.

When are these players going to get 'B' time when they are in the first team match day squad? I have no idea of the 'B' fixture list and times (does anybody?), but let's say it is on a Sunday afternoon. So the players you have just mentioned have either not played at all the previous day or had a max of 30 minutes. Fine, play them on Sunday. Except the first team have a game on Tuesday/Wednesday evening and Dickie/Wallace/Chair/Willock are carrying slight knocks from the day before so may or may not be available for the midweek game. Do you then risk their potential replacement for the B game?
B TEAM on 16:30 - Aug 17 with 1486 viewsMyke

B TEAM on 15:29 - Aug 17 by NewBee

"Also,the quality of the oppo is going to vary sharply from game to game, going from the prem to non-league, to Europe, so again, what the players learn from each game could vary significantly"

Isn't that variability part of the rationale behind it?

For with the U-23's, it's just one set of young Academy graduates, who've all been coached in exactly the same way, versus another set.

Whereas by moving around and playing different types of opposition in different circumstances, then your 'B' team players become so much more rounded.

That's a fair point I guess. I'm just thinking of say Kellman playing against a non-league CB and scoring 4 goals one week and the next week a prem league CB has him in his pocket for the game. It would prove beneficial as long as the player takes the experience in the right way and uses it to improve, rather than becoming either conceited or disillusioned (I don't mean Kellman specifically, just an example)
B TEAM on 16:38 - Aug 17 with 1450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

B TEAM on 16:22 - Aug 17 by Myke

When are these players going to get 'B' time when they are in the first team match day squad? I have no idea of the 'B' fixture list and times (does anybody?), but let's say it is on a Sunday afternoon. So the players you have just mentioned have either not played at all the previous day or had a max of 30 minutes. Fine, play them on Sunday. Except the first team have a game on Tuesday/Wednesday evening and Dickie/Wallace/Chair/Willock are carrying slight knocks from the day before so may or may not be available for the midweek game. Do you then risk their potential replacement for the B game?

I think you're overstressing this, Myke.

It's basically a return to the Combination days with the added attraction of some friendlies against some first teams. Of course first-teamers will get game time, as it's part of the stated rationale behind this move ("will be organised to compliment (sic) the first-team schedule").

They have also said that "the flexible fixture programme...will be shared...in due course".

I'd suggest we'll learn more then.

B TEAM on 16:49 - Aug 17 with 1425 viewsMyke

B TEAM on 16:38 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I think you're overstressing this, Myke.

It's basically a return to the Combination days with the added attraction of some friendlies against some first teams. Of course first-teamers will get game time, as it's part of the stated rationale behind this move ("will be organised to compliment (sic) the first-team schedule").

They have also said that "the flexible fixture programme...will be shared...in due course".

I'd suggest we'll learn more then.

You may well be right Brian, another wet day in the NW! But I would argue that it is not a return to the Combination days due to the amount of players on duty on match day nowadays compared to the past. Time will tell I guess
Anyway, more importantly, are Cork all geared up for Limerick? - Should be a cracker. I am immersed in Mayo-mania here much to my chagrin. And to make matters worse, Sligo Rovers have just lost 5 on the spin
B TEAM on 16:53 - Aug 17 with 1414 viewsBrianMcCarthy

B TEAM on 16:49 - Aug 17 by Myke

You may well be right Brian, another wet day in the NW! But I would argue that it is not a return to the Combination days due to the amount of players on duty on match day nowadays compared to the past. Time will tell I guess
Anyway, more importantly, are Cork all geared up for Limerick? - Should be a cracker. I am immersed in Mayo-mania here much to my chagrin. And to make matters worse, Sligo Rovers have just lost 5 on the spin

It's mayhem down here, my man! The scramble for tickets is the worst I've ever witnessed. With the U-20 and Minor Hurlers and the Minor Footballers all still involved it's a hectic week.

Still, we've waited long enough for it. We'll try to enjoy it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024