Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report 22:04 - Aug 19 with 4908 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55528
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 22:50 - Aug 19 with 3741 viewswokingrs

Been waiting for that report all evening. It did not disappoint! Thank you.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 22:55 - Aug 19 with 3702 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fantastic. Even better than usual.

Thanks man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 22:59 - Aug 19 with 3697 viewsdaveB

Fantastic read, it was such a good game last night.

I'll be honest I thought the ref had quite a good game and didn't get that much wrong. They always give more injury time in the second half as the timewasting is more obvious. 10 was insane but we had seen 4 goals, 6 subs and several 2 minute long injury breaks. I'd guessed it would be 7
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:01 - Aug 19 with 3685 viewsNorthernr

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 22:59 - Aug 19 by daveB

Fantastic read, it was such a good game last night.

I'll be honest I thought the ref had quite a good game and didn't get that much wrong. They always give more injury time in the second half as the timewasting is more obvious. 10 was insane but we had seen 4 goals, 6 subs and several 2 minute long injury breaks. I'd guessed it would be 7

Yeh ten was fine, it was ten, he was right. But you can’t suddenly start caring about getting the stoppage time right because the away team is winning, when you very obviously didn’t give a single fck about it when the home team was winning. If he’d added the four to the first half when he should have done I wouldn’t have had a problem, but he didn’t, so I do.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:17 - Aug 19 with 3605 viewsdaveB

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:01 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Yeh ten was fine, it was ten, he was right. But you can’t suddenly start caring about getting the stoppage time right because the away team is winning, when you very obviously didn’t give a single fck about it when the home team was winning. If he’d added the four to the first half when he should have done I wouldn’t have had a problem, but he didn’t, so I do.

I know where you are coming from, too be honest if he'd given 4 minutes in the first half I think they'd have scored again, we badly needed half time
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:49 - Aug 19 with 3477 viewssoops

Had lots of wine and enjoyed reading that. Look forward to reading it again sober tomorrow and enjoying all the bits that I didn’t fully appreciate/ spot tonight.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:56 - Aug 19 with 3462 viewsnix

Loved it. Captured all the knuckle-clenching rollercoaster of that incredible match. Sky must be shooting themselves in the foot for showing anything other than this game on the red button.

If this season carries on with anything like this kind of drama we'll be happily paying out our cash to watch.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 07:16 - Aug 20 with 3027 viewsSydneyRs

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 23:01 - Aug 19 by Northernr

I reckon there's a good case for a rugby league type system with a game clock that stops when play stops, so time wasting etc become almost redundant in terms of affecting playing/game time. Even if you reduced the game to 80 mins, you'd end up with more time with the ball in play. Allow a certain amount of time for throws, corners, goal kicks etc, after which the clock stops so no further time is lost. Also everyone knows when the game will finish using this method.

Another magnificent write up btw!
Login to get fewer ads

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 08:22 - Aug 20 with 2896 viewsLoftgirl

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 07:16 - Aug 20 by SydneyRs

I reckon there's a good case for a rugby league type system with a game clock that stops when play stops, so time wasting etc become almost redundant in terms of affecting playing/game time. Even if you reduced the game to 80 mins, you'd end up with more time with the ball in play. Allow a certain amount of time for throws, corners, goal kicks etc, after which the clock stops so no further time is lost. Also everyone knows when the game will finish using this method.

Great idea. As long as the person/persons operating the clock don't have a bias to one team or the other, or they are not as inconsistent as the nobs working the VAR.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 08:22 - Aug 20 with 2892 viewsozranger

Clive, your report, and this past week, sums up just what we have all missed over the past 17 months. The away days! The fun, the torture, the trip. Oh, and the game.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 08:47 - Aug 20 with 2823 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent report with some laugh out loud lines.

I'm not having the 10 minutes were for our time wasting though.

Dykes, Wallace, Stef 'cramp', their blood injury plus a few more 'injuries' for us that you mention PLUS 6 subs, does not allow time for time wasting in the 10.

My other beef is the insinuation that he didn't referee the game fairly - clearly Neil W thought the same - both can't be right surely?

Decisions we don't agree with? Fine - Its opinions, but doesn't mean he was somehow 'unfair' or biased.

Rant over, lets just enjoy the memory and hopefully rest of the season.

Oh yes I would have given him a 7 - marks off for not booking Ball, Dykes and sending off Warnock at the end.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 08:55 - Aug 20 with 2798 viewstoboboly

Very, very good. Very good indeed.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 09:05 - Aug 20 with 2778 viewsLeedsR

Yet another brilliant write up. I couldn’t be there, but between QPR+ providing the visuals and your writing filling it in with the raw and bristling emotion, and the expression of feeling I couldn’t put into words myself, but you nail, every time, it made it feel as near as dammit to actually being there. Thank you.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 09:27 - Aug 20 with 2720 viewsBacon

Brilliant write up, Encompassed everything I felt being at the game.

Despair, Panic and Elation in equal quantities.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 2661 viewsQPROslo

Excellent write-up, thanks Clive! Excellent both in describing everything you don't see or hear properly on the Stream, and I agree with you on what I did see and hear. Great noise level from all of you there too.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 9:53]
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:03 - Aug 20 with 2626 viewsRs_Holy

You are a really talented writer Clive... I have no idea how you do it but the match reports just get better and better! Had me in stitches on a number of occasions. Btw I'm sure you know but quite a lot of oppo message boards comment on your match reports and how good they are! The Perks of Being a QPR fan indeed!!!
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:08 - Aug 20 with 2615 viewscpgerber

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 07:16 - Aug 20 by SydneyRs

Don't even need something specific for that. In the old days rugby referees would just stop their stopwatch when there was an hold-up. In fact, I referee for my daughter's football team and do just that whenever there is an injury or similar hold-up.

Of course you still need them to be hard on things you don't stop the watch for, like time-wasting with throw-ins and stuff like that. But that could/should be addressed from higher up. I assume the referee's association or whatever gives instructions and evaluates based on their guidelines.

But bottom line, inconsistency is the main grievance.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 2594 viewsRangersw12

Have you ever thought of putting all your previews, interviews and match reports into a book

Would be fantastic to have for example 10/11 season in book format
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:24 - Aug 20 with 2575 viewsRs_Holy

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:15 - Aug 20 by Rangersw12

Have you ever thought of putting all your previews, interviews and match reports into a book

I'd definitely buy it!... Could even throw in a few Harry Redknapp press conferences too
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:30 - Aug 20 with 2560 viewsNorthernr

Let's see how we do this season
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:39 - Aug 20 with 2532 viewsParkRoyalR

Was just thinking the same, a Viz type bumper end of season Christmas Special or maybe an ITV Top 20 type TV edition with commentary from some Z list Love Islanders..!

BTW, great to see your recognition of Dunne and Kakay for their contributions the other night, I was filled with confidence when I saw those two come on, as they are proper 'av it' type defenders.

Plus, could be the back 3 suits, but I'm a very late convert to Yoann Barbet's attributes as a blood+guts Championship defender. Always rated his nice stuff, being ever-present etc but the fantastic interceptions at the back and front posts the other night were goal-savers as nearly was his full-on charge to try and block Crooks thunder-bolt. Our back 3 look really up for it this year!
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:54 - Aug 20 with 2484 viewsAshdown_Ranger

"Neil Warnock, pantomime routine in full swing, like an angry Toby Jug."

Perfect.
The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 11:02 - Aug 20 with 2465 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 10:54 - Aug 20 by Ashdown_Ranger

"Neil Warnock, pantomime routine in full swing, like an angry Toby Jug."

Perfect.

Ya, that was a great line.

I'll always remember him like that now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 11:29 - Aug 20 with 2392 viewsAntti_Heinola

Holy Mary Mother of Jesus.

What a report. What. A. Report.

I never give 10s. But 10.

Bare bones.

The perks of being a QPR fan - Report on 11:33 - Aug 20 with 2381 viewsboysfromthebush

Superb as ever, Clive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024