Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? 20:03 - Aug 21 with 6584 viewsGreenbay

Warbs has got a very tough selection choice for the League Cup home match against Oxford Utd on Tuesday.
Will the following have recovered from injury/unwell?
De Wijs, Wallace, McCallum, Dykes and also Dickie who seemed to have a niggle v Barnsley.
Plus of course no Field or Amos.
Out on loan Bettache, Masterson, Bonne and Hamaleinen.
Have I left anyone out?
By naming only 6 on the bench v Barnsley it goes to show how thin we are for back-up.
This is our Achilles heel.
You would think the starters on Tuesday (bearing in mind we want our strongest available line-up v Coventry at home on Saturday and most of the team need a rest) would be
Archer
Odubajo, Dunne, McCallum (if recovered) needing 2 centre-backs if we play wing backs.
So maybe a chance for Gubbins with Dickie and Barbet each playing 45 minutes?
In the middle Thomas, Dozzell and Duke-Mckenna, with Willock and Chair each playing 45 minutes.
Up front Kelman. That leaves Ball as the third sub.
Quite a dilemma for Warbs to keep the team fresh for Coventry.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 11:17 - Aug 23 with 1479 viewsfrancisbowles

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:57 - Aug 23 by DavieQPR

De Wijs was more than likely taken off as a precaution because of the clash of heads earlier. Should be back. My worry is Kelman . For a striker he doesn't seem to know where the net is. Has only 6 goals in 42 appearances.

That stat is a bit misleading. He has only started one game for us and at Southend in two seasons in a struggling side (twice relegated, I think) he only played the full 90 about 7/8 times. He is still only 19, 20 in November!
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 11:18 - Aug 23 with 1475 viewsloftus77

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 10:44 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Yeh I wouldn't ordinarily agree but I do on this occasion. I don't want to see anybody on Tuesday night basically. Get that win against Coventry and get into the international break with a great August under our belts.

Have to say I disagree.

Honest momentum as a force is powerful, no matter what the situation across the squad. And although rotation makes sense on paper (particularly with injuries), when has this actually worked for us in reality? Remember ‘Swansea after Blackpool’ and many other examples in recent years, as pointed out so well on this site.

I really would go ‘radical’ and go as full strength as we can to try and get that 3rd round place. A trip to the London Stadium, the Etihad or the new Spurs stadium is the kind of event that could ‘spark’ our season even more (“let’s make sure we’re here 'properly' next year etc”).

I know ‘pigs might fly’, but fully respecting the only major competition we have ever won (and our opponents) is the only strategy we have never employed in recent times.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 11:29 - Aug 23 with 1443 viewsLazyFan

De Wijs was more than likely taken off as a precaution because of the clash of heads earlier. Should be back. My worry is Kelman . For a striker he doesn't seem to know where the net is. Has only 6 goals in 42 appearances.

He played quite a few on the wing or inside mid previously hence his low scoring. Also, came on as sub a lot. Happens a lot with the young players.

Harry Kane only got 2 in 13 when on loan at Leicester in the Champ. And that team had some quality players to feed him even at that level back then.

zzzzzzzzzz

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 19:25 - Aug 23 with 1312 viewsBazzeR

1 Walsh
2 Kakay
3 McCallum or Barbet
4 Dozzell
5 Dunne
6 Ball
7 Duke MK
8 Chair
9 Armstrong
10 Kelman
11 Thomas
Formation 442
Subs
Archer,Moses,Gubbins,Adomah,De Silva Frailing ,McNulty.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 19:36 - Aug 23 with 1292 viewsHAYESBOY

Archer

Kakay Dunne Gubbins McCallum

Dozzell Duke-Mckenna

Adomah Thomas Chair

Kelman/Armstrong

Would include Chair as he has played the least out of the first 11.

Smells like a trout farm in here

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 19:45 - Aug 23 with 1272 viewsstrikerace

I think we may see Dykes. He is now a week from his last match. He can go 60, then bring on Kelman. Dykes should still be ready to go up rop with Austin on Saturday
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 21:06 - Aug 23 with 1181 viewsQPROslo

I heard Warburton say after match interview that Jordi had done something to his ankle, when he landed from the head clash. He said they'd have to get it scanned to see what he'd done to it. It was very swollen apparently.
What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 21:18 - Aug 23 with 1151 viewsdaveB

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 19:45 - Aug 23 by strikerace

I think we may see Dykes. He is now a week from his last match. He can go 60, then bring on Kelman. Dykes should still be ready to go up rop with Austin on Saturday

Warburton said after the game on Saturday Dykes was a doubt for next weekend as well
Login to get fewer ads

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 13:22 - Aug 24 with 890 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 19:36 - Aug 23 by HAYESBOY

Archer

Kakay Dunne Gubbins McCallum

Dozzell Duke-Mckenna

Adomah Thomas Chair

Kelman/Armstrong

Would include Chair as he has played the least out of the first 11.

Can’t argue with much of that. The defence might be a bit different. Gubbins is on loan at Oxford City I think and not sure McCallam is fit. Ball and Barbet are other options there I guess.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What team can Warbs pick v Oxford Utd? on 13:24 - Aug 24 with 879 viewsAberystwythR

Would love to see Armstrong get a run out at some point, tonight may be a bit too soon though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024