Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beam back 16:13 - Sep 7 with 8126 viewspaulhoop2

Club potentially doing a beam back on Saturday….. thoughts?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Beam back on 10:27 - Sep 9 with 2244 viewsAntti_Heinola

I could understand rejecting it if we hadn't sold the allocation, but we have (and then some, by all accounts), so why on earth does it matter to them? Bizarre.

Bare bones.

Beam back on 10:39 - Sep 9 with 2189 viewsMaggsinho

Beam back on 10:27 - Sep 9 by Antti_Heinola

I could understand rejecting it if we hadn't sold the allocation, but we have (and then some, by all accounts), so why on earth does it matter to them? Bizarre.

"The host club would not sanction the beamback without QPR covering the cost of a number of away hospitality packages"

Does that mean we didn't sell out our allocation of hospitality (I didn't know this was a thing) and Reading wanted us to pick up the difference? Odd and petty.
Beam back on 10:51 - Sep 9 with 2151 viewsderbyhoop

What's the capacity?
What's their average crowd?

Given their financial problems I'm surprised they can afford to turn down extra away fans AND a beam back.

I suspect there will be lots of QPR fans in home areas.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Beam back on 10:53 - Sep 9 with 2147 viewsLanhoop

Beam back on 10:39 - Sep 9 by Maggsinho

"The host club would not sanction the beamback without QPR covering the cost of a number of away hospitality packages"

Does that mean we didn't sell out our allocation of hospitality (I didn't know this was a thing) and Reading wanted us to pick up the difference? Odd and petty.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/watch-reaqpr-in-their-hospitality-premier
Beam back on 10:53 - Sep 9 with 2144 viewsdaveB

I hate Reading, what a bunch of Dennis Wises they are
Beam back on 10:54 - Sep 9 with 2140 viewsBklynRanger

I hadn't paid attention to the current name of the 'Madstad' before - god it's fcuking awful - the report actually reads like we're taking the piss out of it which is the right move under the circumstances.

Don't really understand what they wanted either - was it cash/compensation to the equivalent of X number of hospitality packages?
Beam back on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 2125 viewsslmrstid

Beam back on 10:54 - Sep 9 by BklynRanger

I hadn't paid attention to the current name of the 'Madstad' before - god it's fcuking awful - the report actually reads like we're taking the piss out of it which is the right move under the circumstances.

Don't really understand what they wanted either - was it cash/compensation to the equivalent of X number of hospitality packages?

What I guess is they offer a hospitality package to away fans and didnt want our beamback taking away their business because QPR fans would probably choose our own over theirs.

That being said, who in their right mind would pay for hospitality at an away game anyway? Sod that.
Beam back on 11:00 - Sep 9 with 2105 viewsBklynRanger

Beam back on 10:56 - Sep 9 by slmrstid

What I guess is they offer a hospitality package to away fans and didnt want our beamback taking away their business because QPR fans would probably choose our own over theirs.

That being said, who in their right mind would pay for hospitality at an away game anyway? Sod that.

Ah. And yeah, true - were they expecting some last minute scramble for An Afternoon with Bobby Convey?
Login to get fewer ads

Beam back on 11:10 - Sep 9 with 2065 viewsGaryT

I like how the last two lines talk about QPR fans buying tickets in the home end. I'm surprised they didn't finish the last sentence with a wink emoji.
Beam back on 12:20 - Sep 9 with 1880 viewsMick_S

Beam back on 11:10 - Sep 9 by GaryT

I like how the last two lines talk about QPR fans buying tickets in the home end. I'm surprised they didn't finish the last sentence with a wink emoji.

A few more will now be exploring Berkshire this Saturday. Come on you R’s
could be a bit confusing this weekend.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Beam back on 12:22 - Sep 9 with 1874 viewsactonman

Beam back on 11:10 - Sep 9 by GaryT

That was my take as well
Beam back on 13:08 - Sep 9 with 1774 viewsLazyFan

A mistake by Reading, if there is now trouble in any way, then QPR can say "well we wanted a Beamback to avoid this happening".

If later on Reading say "we are not getting enough revenue, can we have an exception from FFP?", then QPR can say "well we offered you more money so, that's no excuse".

So, you see it's quite a risk by Reading this and no doubt the police will charge them extra for the day citing a need for increased presence due to rouge fans in the home end. Thus it will actually cost them more!

zzzzzzzzzz

Beam back on 13:09 - Sep 9 with 1771 viewsCamberleyR

A small, nothing, tin pot club. Always have been and always will be.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Beam back on 14:24 - Sep 9 with 1613 viewsHayesender

I'm not sure whether to laugh at them, hate them, or have sympathy with them.

Maybe a bit of all three

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Beam back on 14:31 - Sep 9 with 1594 viewsMick_S

That’s Eurovision sorted for next year. I’m off to get my toes fixed.

Beam back on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 1563 viewsW7Ranger

Beam back on 13:08 - Sep 9 by LazyFan

A mistake by Reading, if there is now trouble in any way, then QPR can say "well we wanted a Beamback to avoid this happening".

If later on Reading say "we are not getting enough revenue, can we have an exception from FFP?", then QPR can say "well we offered you more money so, that's no excuse".

So, you see it's quite a risk by Reading this and no doubt the police will charge them extra for the day citing a need for increased presence due to rouge fans in the home end. Thus it will actually cost them more!

"So, you see it's quite a risk by Reading this and no doubt the police will charge them extra for the day citing a need for increased presence due to rouge fans in the home end. Thus it will actually cost them more!"

Yes I can see why there might be a big turn out...

[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 14:46]
Beam back on 15:06 - Sep 9 with 1494 viewsstowmarketrange

Beam back on 14:24 - Sep 9 by Hayesender

Maybe a bit of all three

“We’re fighting the butterflies tonight.” Are these people for real?
Beam back on 15:20 - Sep 9 with 1457 viewsdaveB

Maybe a bit of all three

My Word
Beam back on 17:29 - Sep 9 with 1292 viewsBklynRanger

Beam back on 14:31 - Sep 9 by Mick_S

That’s Eurovision sorted for next year. I’m off to get my toes fixed.

How much did they pay them for that I wonder? Nowhere near enough - comedy gold.
Beam back on 17:56 - Sep 9 with 1253 viewsdenhamhoop2

Maybe a bit of all three

Had forgotten Mackie played for them no idea who the Rivals are the song mentions is it Slough Town?
Beam back on 17:57 - Sep 9 with 1249 viewsCamberleyR

Beam back on 17:56 - Sep 9 by denhamhoop2

Had forgotten Mackie played for them no idea who the Rivals are the song mentions is it Slough Town?

Aldershot

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Beam back on 19:33 - Sep 9 with 1150 viewsFerdy

Maybe a bit of all three

Why have I never see this before. 😭

Cheeky fcukers have even chucked in Jamie Mackie in the video.
Beam back on 19:42 - Sep 9 with 1133 viewsthemodfather

i am sure we at least once got 4000 tickets at the madkeski? as they do not get anywhere near selling out these days, i assume they don't want a extra away support and the money?
Beam back on 19:59 - Sep 9 with 1097 viewsMick_S

Beam back on 19:42 - Sep 9 by themodfather

i am sure we at least once got 4000 tickets at the madkeski? as they do not get anywhere near selling out these days, i assume they don't want a extra away support and the money?

The away end has, or appears to have been split, with a no fan bit in the middle. The home support bit is called the 18-71 section. I’m sure I went on holiday with them once.

Beam back on 20:24 - Sep 9 with 1031 viewsGloryHunter

"The host club would not sanction the beamback without QPR covering the cost of a number of away hospitality packages".

Does this mean that, as an away supporter, I could go and sit at a table in the Reading restaurant for £100, but I would be discouraged from buying a seat in the home section?

I've never heard of "away hospitality packages". Shall we buy a few at Millwall?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024