Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No beer at headquarters 11:22 - Sep 17 with 5267 viewssprocket

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/nationwide-shortage-of-bottled-beer-170921/

u gotta love Brexit
No beer at headquarters on 15:00 - Sep 17 with 1160 viewsstowmarketrange

No beer at headquarters on 14:46 - Sep 17 by gazza1

great suggestion....email HQ.

I can’t get there until 2pm tomorrow so some of it might be a bit warm,so no change there then.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 15:10]
No beer at headquarters on 15:02 - Sep 17 with 1148 viewsstowmarketrange

No beer at headquarters on 14:45 - Sep 17 by dmm

QPR should brew its own beer at the stadium. It can be done relatively easily these days and doesn't need a massive amount of space or equipment. Loads of people are doing it and I'm sure there'd be a good few QPR fans that brew beer. One of my sons and his mates regularly brew pretty decent stouts, IPAs, bitters etc. and they're far superior to the tasteless fizzy slop that companies like Carlesburg churn out.

It could make the club some money and would certainly please the many ale drinking supporters like myself!

And it would be good to reuse the old communal bath for something good for a change.
No beer at headquarters on 15:03 - Sep 17 with 1147 viewsMick_S

No beer at headquarters on 13:39 - Sep 17 by Superhoop83

The club is "seeking additional options from the Carlsberg portfolio".

Have crueler words ever been spoken?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd9zGOdZk-n8DtP_Eyd9VrpHst

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

No beer at headquarters on 15:10 - Sep 17 with 1128 viewskensalriser

I'd like to see the club do a deal with a local brewery/breweries instead of international fizzy piss megacorp and serve it in biodegradable containers.

Not holding my breath.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

No beer at headquarters on 15:39 - Sep 17 with 1081 viewsToast_R

Beer served from plastics, recyclable or not, is a travesty and should only be consumed out of pure desperation.
No beer at headquarters on 19:01 - Sep 17 with 936 viewsToast_R

I'm at The Kings Tonne in Kingston and half their draught beer is unavailable. Seriousness
No beer at headquarters on 19:31 - Sep 17 with 906 viewsgobbles

No beer at headquarters on 11:34 - Sep 17 by MrSheen

More to it than just Brexit.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-26/amcor-ceo-says-the-beverage-i

So the fact that they have made no effort to use recycled plastic for the past 30 years is coming home to roost.
No beer at headquarters on 21:27 - Sep 17 with 815 viewsMrSheen

No beer at headquarters on 19:31 - Sep 17 by gobbles

So the fact that they have made no effort to use recycled plastic for the past 30 years is coming home to roost.

PET is actually one of the easier plastics to recycle, but recycled plastic can’t be used in direct contact with food or drink, there always has to be a layer of “virgin” plastic in contact with the comestible. To suggest there has been “no effort” is not correct.

In practice, most collected PET is used for non-food use such as building materials if it isn’t burned for waste to energy. Recycling is quite primitive and it’s generally too contaminated to be recovered for food use (though this will change as the price of new resin goes up).
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 21:29]
Login to get fewer ads

No beer at headquarters on 21:40 - Sep 17 with 792 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'd love to see this humble beer served at HQ. Even a loss woudn't seem so bad.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

No beer at headquarters on 21:45 - Sep 17 with 776 viewscolinallcars

No beer at headquarters on 21:40 - Sep 17 by Metallica_Hoop

Too much of that and you'll probably be DOA. ( Drunk On Arrival ).
No beer at headquarters on 21:46 - Sep 17 with 774 viewsEsox_Lucius

No beer at headquarters on 21:40 - Sep 17 by Metallica_Hoop

It would still be just as painful, you just wouldn't remember it

The grass is always greener.

No beer at headquarters on 22:09 - Sep 17 with 734 viewsgobbles

No beer at headquarters on 21:27 - Sep 17 by MrSheen

PET is actually one of the easier plastics to recycle, but recycled plastic can’t be used in direct contact with food or drink, there always has to be a layer of “virgin” plastic in contact with the comestible. To suggest there has been “no effort” is not correct.

In practice, most collected PET is used for non-food use such as building materials if it isn’t burned for waste to energy. Recycling is quite primitive and it’s generally too contaminated to be recovered for food use (though this will change as the price of new resin goes up).
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 21:29]

Come off it, companies have always found it cheaper to just use virgin plastic. Hence "recycled" plastic has been shipped off en masse to the Far East. Companies like Coca-Cola have made promises for years about using a certain amount of recycled plastic in their products but never got even close to fulfilling their promises. Why? Because all they care about is profit. The idea that the corporate food industry has paid anything but lip service to this until about five years ago is crazy.
So, while people say "we're trying" when they aren't, in 30 years there will be more plastic in the oceans than fish.
Oddly, Sky News have been very good at trying to make companies do something. Because unless they are pressured, they won't do anything.
Meanwhile, companies like Ineos bring tankers of petrol to their shiny new Scottish plant to turn into ever more virgin plastic.
John Oliver did a good piece on it on Last Week Tonight. I think this is it.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 23:47]
No beer at headquarters on 07:30 - Sep 18 with 597 viewsDiscodroids

My local club , Southend Utd, have a collabration with local brewers Leigh on sea Brewery.

They manage to knock out a limited range at the ground, not cheap though, around £4/£5 a 440ml cal. The Pier Train pilsner is food of the gods. The brewery tap room is ten minutes from my front door. Magic.

Perhaps it's easier for a club to have this collabration/ operation when you have smaller home crowds, i don't know.

https://leighonseabrewery.co.uk/our-beer-2/
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 7:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

No beer at headquarters on 09:08 - Sep 18 with 560 viewsdistortR

No beer at headquarters on 07:30 - Sep 18 by Discodroids

My local club , Southend Utd, have a collabration with local brewers Leigh on sea Brewery.

They manage to knock out a limited range at the ground, not cheap though, around £4/£5 a 440ml cal. The Pier Train pilsner is food of the gods. The brewery tap room is ten minutes from my front door. Magic.

Perhaps it's easier for a club to have this collabration/ operation when you have smaller home crowds, i don't know.

https://leighonseabrewery.co.uk/our-beer-2/
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 7:43]

relegation = better beer.
That IS a conundrum
No beer at headquarters on 09:29 - Sep 18 with 542 viewsDiscodroids

No beer at headquarters on 09:08 - Sep 18 by distortR

relegation = better beer.
That IS a conundrum

At my age it's the beer that counts.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024