Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion or winning the cup? 10:13 - Sep 22 with 4977 viewssparkey

I know we're so far off both of these happening, but theoretically would you rather win the league cup or get promoted?

For me it has to be a cup win.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 17:40 - Sep 23 with 1107 viewsSK_hoops

Cup. Winning a cup (club or country) is a bucket list dream for me.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 17:45 - Sep 23 with 1093 viewsMick_S

Promotion or winning the cup? on 14:42 - Sep 23 by dannyblue

Cup for me, promotion for the club.

Same here, danny. I think we have more chance of going up, one way or the other.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Promotion or winning the cup? on 19:13 - Sep 23 with 1048 viewsgazza1

There is absolutely no contest......promotion will be the top of every one of the playing staff and throughout the top people working at the club and it should be with the supporters as well.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 19:38 - Sep 23 with 1022 viewsNorthernr

I'd sacrifice family members for a cup win (and subsequent European campaign), never mind promotion.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 20:20 - Sep 23 with 976 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cup.

Zero interest in Premiershit
Promotion or winning the cup? on 06:08 - Sep 24 with 889 viewsMistication92

Promotion or winning the cup? on 19:38 - Sep 23 by Northernr

I'd sacrifice family members for a cup win (and subsequent European campaign), never mind promotion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

Look at some of those teams! I've spent too much time in the last couple of years imagining a Rangers European campaign, it would be epic.

The sensible outcome of promotion would be the club establishing itself as another Norwich, financially superior to regular Championship clubs, still buying low, selling high. Which is fun because it would mean regular top-6 2nd tier at a minimum.... but dammit I want to book a ridiculous 2-stop return flight to Kazakhstan in November!
Promotion or winning the cup? on 06:32 - Sep 24 with 879 viewsWatford_Ranger

Promotion or winning the cup? on 19:13 - Sep 23 by gazza1

There is absolutely no contest......promotion will be the top of every one of the playing staff and throughout the top people working at the club and it should be with the supporters as well.

Well it’s not with me. So there.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 08:41 - Sep 24 with 813 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 19:38 - Sep 23 by Northernr

Wrong Norf....Only one place to play ur football, seeing these 'top players' ply their skills in 'real time' at HQ. Anyone who thinks anything else needs to rethink. Shocked!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion or winning the cup? on 08:42 - Sep 24 with 812 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 06:32 - Sep 24 by Watford_Ranger

Well it’s not with me. So there.

No surprises you think that way!!!!
Promotion or winning the cup? on 08:57 - Sep 24 with 795 viewsNorthernr

Promotion or winning the cup? on 08:41 - Sep 24 by gazza1

Wrong Norf....Only one place to play ur football, seeing these 'top players' ply their skills in 'real time' at HQ. Anyone who thinks anything else needs to rethink. Shocked!!!!

Unless Dom Ball is snapping one of them in half my interest in watching 'top players' ply their skills is very limited.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:15 - Sep 24 with 774 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 08:57 - Sep 24 by Northernr

Unless Dom Ball is snapping one of them in half my interest in watching 'top players' ply their skills is very limited.

Well, you cant have a winning team and no rewards.......I want Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverppo, Man City at HQ. The atmosphere and everything else, with a decent team, would be absolutely fantastic. Likewise choose between visiting Barnsley, Luton, M'boro or Spurs fantastic new ground, Chelsea or Man City, Liverpool - No contest.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:17 - Sep 24 with 770 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 08:57 - Sep 24 by Northernr

Whilst talking Dom Ball......cant believe how he gets so overlooked - he was near brilliant on Tuesday.....not a mention by posters, rather talk Chair, Willock, Dunne, etc. Shocking but very understandable. They would rather criticize him.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 9:19]
Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:20 - Sep 24 with 764 viewsNorthernr

Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:15 - Sep 24 by gazza1

Well, you cant have a winning team and no rewards.......I want Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverppo, Man City at HQ. The atmosphere and everything else, with a decent team, would be absolutely fantastic. Likewise choose between visiting Barnsley, Luton, M'boro or Spurs fantastic new ground, Chelsea or Man City, Liverpool - No contest.

I am obviously being slightly facetious. I’m completely aware that even one season in the Prem finishing last could be financially transformative for the club and set it up for many years to come. I'd love to see what the management we've got now would do with those resources. And if we were able to go up and stay up, compete at that level, that would be incredible. Who wouldn’t want what Leeds had last season?

Personally though, seeing QPR lift a cup, following QPR in Europe, is everything I’ve ever dreamed of.

And among the attractions of the Premier League, watching great players play for other clubs against us is pretty low down. QPR are my team, I couldn’t give a single fck about the people playing against us.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:29 - Sep 24 with 757 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:20 - Sep 24 by Northernr

I am obviously being slightly facetious. I’m completely aware that even one season in the Prem finishing last could be financially transformative for the club and set it up for many years to come. I'd love to see what the management we've got now would do with those resources. And if we were able to go up and stay up, compete at that level, that would be incredible. Who wouldn’t want what Leeds had last season?

Personally though, seeing QPR lift a cup, following QPR in Europe, is everything I’ve ever dreamed of.

And among the attractions of the Premier League, watching great players play for other clubs against us is pretty low down. QPR are my team, I couldn’t give a single fck about the people playing against us.

I believe that we are near set-up for staying in the Premier for more than a season.....add a few extra's and 'away we go'. Our football currently is Premier like. Seeing us ply our trade against Ronaldo would be good to see, but also to see the other way around, just like I did against a weakened Everton. Great night that I can could see more of them for us in the Premier. I am most positive indeed.

I know 'dosh' is important, vital but I am not looking at it from a money view, more football.

PS - I am sure 99.9% of R's want us in the 'play-offs' as a minimum, then get to the final and win it - I could not imagine loosing at any phase of the play-offs, a very sad few days for me anyways - I will not be saying - thank god for that another 12 months in the Championship!!!
Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:48 - Sep 24 with 741 viewsNorthantsHoop

I just think it is nice to have a choice and that the club is moving forward. The football is good, we have a great management team, the owners are sticking with the project and the players seem genuinely proud to wear the shirt.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:04 - Sep 24 with 724 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 09:48 - Sep 24 by NorthantsHoop

I just think it is nice to have a choice and that the club is moving forward. The football is good, we have a great management team, the owners are sticking with the project and the players seem genuinely proud to wear the shirt.

Not sure 'choice' is the right word!!!! but yes we are playing good football, the MW team ate great for this club and so are the 'top men' off the field and most importantly we have a TEAM that are playing for everyone associated within the Club - with them having that mental attitude we have a big chance of Premiership football.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 10:05]
Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:33 - Sep 24 with 674 viewsKonk

Cup all day for me. No-one ever sits misty-eyed remembering that season they finished 15th in the Premier League, and fans of most clubs, will never see their side win a major trophy, or might manage one or two at most. And European football, wherever you get drawn, is an amazing experience. Cup win for me.

This debate reminds me of the AGM at Tottenham, where Sugar was saying what a successful season it had been because they made record profits whilst finishing 7th(?).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:36 - Sep 24 with 649 viewsgazza1

Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:33 - Sep 24 by Konk

Cup all day for me. No-one ever sits misty-eyed remembering that season they finished 15th in the Premier League, and fans of most clubs, will never see their side win a major trophy, or might manage one or two at most. And European football, wherever you get drawn, is an amazing experience. Cup win for me.

This debate reminds me of the AGM at Tottenham, where Sugar was saying what a successful season it had been because they made record profits whilst finishing 7th(?).

Would not expect much more from a Cottager!!!!
Promotion or winning the cup? on 14:56 - Sep 24 with 622 viewsR_from_afar

The cup for me, with Rangers resurrecting the old red and white squared kit and clinching victory against Man City 3-2, in the last minute, as the commentator bellows "Odubajjjjjjjjjjo!"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Promotion or winning the cup? on 15:03 - Sep 24 with 610 viewsDavieQPR

Ha ha. Seen a Cup win so the financial comfort of promotion for my choice.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:18 - Sep 25 with 538 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't realise that they had downgraded the League cup winners from the Europa league to the third level of European competition. Bastards, just as we are about to win it. Goes with not being allowed in the Fairs cup in 67 as not a first division club and the Uefa cup after Heysel because of Liverpool fans.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:54 - Sep 25 with 503 viewskensalriser

Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:18 - Sep 25 by francisbowles

I didn't realise that they had downgraded the League cup winners from the Europa league to the third level of European competition. Bastards, just as we are about to win it. Goes with not being allowed in the Fairs cup in 67 as not a first division club and the Uefa cup after Heysel because of Liverpool fans.

Collective punishment is classified as a war crime under the Geneva Convention and is a crime against humanity.

It really was outrageous that other clubs were punished for the actions of some Liverpool fans, but of course it didn't help that the then Prime Minister and her government fully supported the ban.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024