Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion or winning the cup? 10:13 - Sep 22 with 4985 viewssparkey

I know we're so far off both of these happening, but theoretically would you rather win the league cup or get promoted?

For me it has to be a cup win.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:29 - Sep 22 with 1183 viewscyprusmel

If we were just starting the first round, I would go for promotion no doubt at all, but
as there are only 16 teams left I think a cup final would be jolly good fun.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:38 - Sep 22 with 1166 viewsBklynRanger

- Cup win this year,
- Good competitive team in the Championship for the next couple of seasons,
- Bring players through and sell wisely and at a large profit,
- Get the training ground close to completion.

Then when we do get promoted, use all that stability and experience to avoid the continual tonking that went on previously.

Or is that all a bit too much to ask?
Promotion or winning the cup? on 15:47 - Sep 22 with 1109 viewsdavman

Cup.

The Premier League is a cesspit for clubs like ours.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Promotion or winning the cup? on 15:59 - Sep 22 with 1086 viewsfrancisbowles

Aren't all the big clubs still in what has become the Manchester City cup. Arsenal not in Europe and their best chance of winning something. I make any chance for us extremely slim.

If we don't manage to get promotion this season then we face losing a few of our best younger players, making the task even harder next season as their replacements will need time to bed in. Even if we were to win the cup, this would probably still happen, maybe even more so, as they would be successful, cup winning, younger players.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:01 - Sep 22 with 1087 viewsloftus77

League Cup winners in 1967 and 2022 for me....
Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:02 - Sep 22 with 1085 viewsloftus77

League Cup winners in 1967 and 2022 for me....

Have never seen Rangers in Europe either.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:02 - Sep 22 with 1084 viewsconnell10

Both I'm greedy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:06 - Sep 22 with 1064 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Promotion or winning the cup? on 15:59 - Sep 22 by francisbowles

Aren't all the big clubs still in what has become the Manchester City cup. Arsenal not in Europe and their best chance of winning something. I make any chance for us extremely slim.

If we don't manage to get promotion this season then we face losing a few of our best younger players, making the task even harder next season as their replacements will need time to bed in. Even if we were to win the cup, this would probably still happen, maybe even more so, as they would be successful, cup winning, younger players.

I know you're 100% right, fb.

I'm just in a bit of a lovebubble about the Cup today, so I can't agree out loud.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:11 - Sep 22 with 1059 viewsHAYESBOY

Promotion. Unfortunately in todays game the money will help long term.

Would be nice to win a cup though. Just come down from winning the Euro cup in Ibiza.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:25 - Sep 22 with 1039 viewsTomS

One thing on my bucket list is to watch us play away in a European tie. Friendlies don't count!

It's usually a closed shop to qualify for Europe at the top of the Premiership, so perhaps the "easier" way to achieve that is through a combination of fortunate cup draws and great performances on the pitch. So my vote goes to winning a cup.

Also, we've been to the Premiership on a couple of occasions in recent times and didn't make the most of those opportunities, nor did we enjoy it.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:32 - Sep 22 with 1026 viewspaulparker

Cup , all day long, couldn’t give a sh1t about the premier league
Would love to see us in Europe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:37 - Sep 22 with 1019 viewsqpr_1968

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:02 - Sep 22 by connell10

Both I'm greedy.

league cup final
fa cup final
play off final

i'm even greedier.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:53 - Sep 22 with 1000 viewsfrancisbowles

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:06 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I know you're 100% right, fb.

I'm just in a bit of a lovebubble about the Cup today, so I can't agree out loud.

Yes, the romantic in me would prefer a cup but the realist has taken hold.

Incidentally Brian, as I'm not going to West Brom, I will be watching on Sky. I do have a subscription to the club's audio and I have read you before saying that you can synch the club audio to the Sky pictures.

Is this simple to do?
Promotion or winning the cup? on 17:26 - Sep 22 with 971 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Promotion or winning the cup? on 16:53 - Sep 22 by francisbowles

Yes, the romantic in me would prefer a cup but the realist has taken hold.

Incidentally Brian, as I'm not going to West Brom, I will be watching on Sky. I do have a subscription to the club's audio and I have read you before saying that you can synch the club audio to the Sky pictures.

Is this simple to do?

Just trial and error, fb. Keep pressing pause on whichever one is behind until they sync.

There may be a more technical way of syncing, but that works for me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Promotion or winning the cup? on 11:42 - Sep 23 with 847 viewsfrancisbowles

Promotion or winning the cup? on 17:26 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Just trial and error, fb. Keep pressing pause on whichever one is behind until they sync.

There may be a more technical way of syncing, but that works for me.

No wonder your always behind the action .

I am watching at a friend house so I'll just have to suffer the Sky commentary.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:11 - Sep 23 with 796 viewsBlackCrowe

Promotion easily.

Promotion v FA Cup winners, a bit more tricky.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:52 - Sep 23 with 766 viewstoboboly

Cup cup cup cup cup cup cup

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:08 - Sep 23 with 747 viewsSharpy36

Promotion but with Fernandes no where near our recruitment drive. Do things the right way and who knows the money could go along way towards a new stadium. Something winning a cup would never achieve.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:14 - Sep 23 with 738 viewsWestbourneR

I has to be the cup. As a club with as few top tier trophies in the cabinet as us (and yes I don't count winning the Championship a trophy, it's a stepping stone) - we surely have to make silverware a priority.

Particularly as to win it we'd have to beat at least two more top Prem sides and that would be very very special.

My dream - Eze comes back from injury but he needs games to get fitness and sharpness to get into Viera's Palace starting 11. A half season loan is organised with QPR at Christmas.

Eze, Willock and Chair behind Austin link up with some insane chemistry and beat Chelsea at Wembley to win the cup.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Promotion or winning the cup? on 14:29 - Sep 23 with 685 viewsOakR

Cup, no question for me.

We'' get promoted and relegated from various leagues in the next 30 years, but we've won one Cup in our history.

Cup run, win at Wembley - you'd never forget and something to say we've won.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Promotion or winning the cup? on 14:42 - Sep 23 with 670 viewsdannyblue

Cup for me, promotion for the club.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 14:58 - Sep 23 with 662 viewsRBlock

Cup, hands down. Those experiences - winning at Wembley, and the barmy away days in the Europa Conference League that come with winning. Those are memories that would last a lifetime. Premier League and the shellackings by teams doped by oil money can go swivel.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 15:09 - Sep 23 with 648 viewsessextaxiboy

Promotion for me ,
A dozen + London Derbys , inc Chelsea twice , thats without Utd , City and Liverpool .

Sold out ground every game and some cash to push on with the training ground and stadium.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 17:25 - Sep 23 with 590 viewsqprphil

It has to be promotion for me, that's the name of the game these days., it's what the players dream of, come to that it's what the owners dream of. If your a football lover, no better than seeing top clubs week in week out. I remember when we came second in the old first division, every game was like a cup final, I missed very few games back then. I'd also like to win the cup.................
Promotion or winning the cup? on 17:39 - Sep 23 with 576 viewsCamberleyR

I'm an old fart traditionalist and football used to be about trophies and medals. Birmingham and Wigan fans might have gone through the wringer in the last few years but those that saw them win the League Cup and FA Cup respectively at Wembley have got fantastic memories they can take to their graves. Swansea as well who hadn't won a major trophy in their whole (at the time) 101 year existence until they won the League Cup a few years ago.

I'd die a happy man if I saw us win a major domestic trophy particularly if we did it as a second tier club.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024