Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray 17:30 - Oct 2 with 19520 viewsPetros

Nah.
Andre Gray on 21:23 - Oct 2 with 2472 viewsnix

Andre Gray on 20:05 - Oct 2 by bongo_king

This. He's coming into a team with a certain system and style of play, arguably not a fit with what he's used to. But his movement and pace offer an important options to counter the high press and provide an alternative to the "play football in front of them" that we sometimes did when losing last season. Hopefully timing of these runs will get better as he integrates. Plus yes we'll never make the season with just Dykes and Austin, and you can't fault Gray for effort so far. All that said, I couldn't quite understand why he started today ahead of Austin against a dark arts and largely defensive PNE.

I agree. It' often takes players time to gel. Similar with Willock, Dykes, even Wallace have improved over time.
Andre Gray on 21:27 - Oct 2 with 2452 viewsCiderwithRsie

I wasn't that keen on the signing and I think it's fair enough that fans are looking at him trying to work out if it was a good signing or not.

But facts are that he's our player, we're going to need him to play reasonably often, he does have a different style of play to our other strikers, and he's got two goals in three starts. Enough there for me to have him below Austin and Dykes in the pecking order but to think that there's something there to work with. Too early to say much else.
Andre Gray on 21:32 - Oct 2 with 2433 viewsdmm

He doesn't look match sharp and clearly needs games but I think the bigger problem is other players are just not used to his game. He's always looking for an early through ball through the middle to run onto but rarely receives one.

Although I'm not impressed with him so far, he's only played a handful of games for us and should be given more time.
Andre Gray on 21:45 - Oct 2 with 2394 viewsLythamR

It was only just over a week ago against WBA that he ran onto a ball out from right back and finished like Loic Remy

I think i am going to give him another half a game before casting my "Nah"

FFS!
Andre Gray on 21:46 - Oct 2 with 2391 viewsNorthantsHoop

Prefer that we use Gray as a substitute if Charlie is tiring or in games not suited to Charlie's strengths. Gray didn't offer much today always a concern he gets caught offside a lot. Still we need a third striker and maybe he can find his groove soon. Did take that WBA goal well, so he has it in him.
Andre Gray on 21:59 - Oct 2 with 2345 viewsWhip_It

Presumably he gets no credit for a superb early cross into the box which allowed Dykes to open the scoring today? Would be amused to see the tasting notes on Dykes at this point last season.
Andre Gray on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 2325 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We look a different team with him on the pitch.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Andre Gray on 22:20 - Oct 2 with 2290 viewsWestonsuperR

One of Gray’s key assets has always been his pace, he looks overweight to me. Not sure he is the answer for the season but seems at least some sort of back-up to Dykes and Austin.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray on 22:47 - Oct 2 with 2231 viewsLowerloftLad

I was watching gray today while warming up, he really didn't look happy while training and he missed a chance and his whole posture and face dropped he was definitely having a little strop,I think he is a confidence player.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Andre Gray on 23:27 - Oct 2 with 2183 viewssilky

YES!!! And there was me wondering who this year’s scapegoat was gonna be. So happy we’ve got one now. 🙄

Give it time. Even the small cogs can make an important difference. We don’t play to his strengths but need a pace option to change it up.

Im sure he will have his useful moments but will be less of an impact than Chaz or Dykes

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Andre Gray on 23:34 - Oct 2 with 2158 viewstraininvain

Ffs why do we always need a scapegoat. Gray looked lively. He set up Dykes for the first and goals will follow.
Andre Gray on 01:19 - Oct 3 with 2045 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Keying our own car again are we.
Andre Gray on 02:02 - Oct 3 with 2021 viewsSharpy36

He`s this seasons Lyndon.
Last season LD was making great runs in and around the defensive line, but the supply or quick thinking defence spliting forward passing from Chair and Bright were lacking due to either the wanting to execute the gaffers plan or greed on the ball. Fast forward to this season and Andre is playing this role, but this time it`s chair and willock.
We need to change up a bit and stop with the get it wide style of play sometimes.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 2:04]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Andre Gray on 06:15 - Oct 3 with 1931 viewsSydneyRs

Possibly an opportune time to revisit how useless many people thought Lyndon Dykes was this time last year. Wallace was also rubbish.
Andre Gray on 09:26 - Oct 3 with 1781 viewsPetros

In the spirit of harmony and tranquility on on the morning after a stirring comeback, not to mention a great Scritti Politti gig up the road at the Empire last night, I wanted to make some points.
1. I too thought that Dykes and Wallace were poor additions to the squad this time last year. I was wrong.
2. Gray's assist for the first goal was excellent.
3. I do think he looks unfit, and not as pacey as some have suggested. I also think the timing of his runs is not right, he spins off the defender too early (hence the offisides, though not yesterday) and doesn't particularly bend his run.
4. It is early days and I hope his performances will improve.
5. Warbs knows best.
Andre Gray on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 1769 viewsbosh67

I was dubious because of things in his past but he seems to has fitted in very well so far and certainly adds a lot of experience.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andre Gray on 09:36 - Oct 3 with 1757 viewsSK_hoops

I mean he's still scored 2 goals in what 4 or 5 games? Every new signing deserves a settling in period, to think otherwise is a bit unfair.
Andre Gray on 09:47 - Oct 3 with 1736 viewsrsonist

Andre Gray on 09:26 - Oct 3 by Petros

In the spirit of harmony and tranquility on on the morning after a stirring comeback, not to mention a great Scritti Politti gig up the road at the Empire last night, I wanted to make some points.
1. I too thought that Dykes and Wallace were poor additions to the squad this time last year. I was wrong.
3. I do think he looks unfit, and not as pacey as some have suggested. I also think the timing of his runs is not right, he spins off the defender too early (hence the offisides, though not yesterday) and doesn't particularly bend his run.
5. Warbs knows best.

I got a Andre Gray to make a new proposition
I got a Andre Gray to make a justification
I got a Andre Gray to make a certain a maybe
I got a Andre Gray to make LoftforWords go crazy
Andre Gray on 09:54 - Oct 3 with 1720 viewsHollowayHoop

100% agreed. We should definitely write this player off after only contributing a couple of goals and assists in a handful of games.

Warburton hasn't got a clue.

Can someone please explain what Les actually does?
Andre Gray on 10:00 - Oct 3 with 1688 viewslightwaterhoop

Its our defence that we should be more worried about.
Andre Gray on 10:23 - Oct 3 with 1642 viewsdenhamhoop2

Fully expect him to play far more of a part in away games where his pace might exploit gaps on the counter attack. Whatever anyone thinks he will have to play more games than most think because Charlie is just not capable of playing 2 games in a week. Probably needs to get involved more in build up play my biggest concern is attitude as from my Watford mates it has not been his strongest suit at Vicarage Road
Andre Gray on 10:27 - Oct 3 with 1625 viewsdaveB

A goal and an assist in his last 2 starts, i thought he did OK yesterday. Whoever starts up front for us tends to struggle in the first hour and then the sub comes on and exploits the space and tiredness caused by the bloke getting slated. Was Austin the other week now Gray's turn
Andre Gray on 11:10 - Oct 3 with 1554 viewsdavman

Andre Gray on 09:26 - Oct 3 by Petros

5. Warbs knows best.

Good reasoning. There is no wrong or right answer; you have your opinion, others have theirs.

I see more in him than I did with Dykes last season - a striker going 23 games without a goal as Dykes was last season speaks for itself irrespective of how well he is contributing to the team (and seeing as the team wasn't winning in that spell, the contribution couldn't have been that telling), but hey, that was my opinion, which others clearly didn't agree with, but hey ho. He has turned it around from there, which is a massive relief to all.

I don't think Gray has to turn anything around though - he has started just fine for me, although I do agree that he does look chunky and not as fast as some have indicated...

Good enough for us.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Andre Gray on 11:10 - Oct 3 with 1553 viewsQPRSteve

Seems we have two who can do no right for certain people - Gray and Odubajo. Both look fine to me and I'm sure will improve has the season progresses. Don't forget, we haven't got the huge resources of other teams in this division such as Derby .
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 11:12]
Andre Gray on 11:12 - Oct 3 with 1538 viewsNortholt_Rs

Andre Gray on 10:00 - Oct 3 by lightwaterhoop

Its our defence that we should be more worried about.

This.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024