Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray 17:30 - Oct 2 with 19523 viewsPetros

Nah.
Andre Gray on 11:32 - Oct 3 with 2773 viewsdavman

Andre Gray on 10:00 - Oct 3 by lightwaterhoop

Its our defence that we should be more worried about.

The individuals at the back are just fine.

There have been a recent increase in individual mistakes (Dickie v Bmouth, Seny v WBA, Seny v Preston, Odubajo v Bristol C), which you can't legislate for, but individually they are fine.

This formation and style of play simply leaves us exposed at the back regularly. During normal play the wing backs are pushed on massively, leaving gaps in behind that pull one of the CBs over that can be exploited with pace. At set pieces all three CBs go up, Seny sits on the half way line (WHY DOES HE DO THAT??!) and one of the wing backs hangs back. Lose the ball on the edge of the penalty area and then we're really up against it. The recent move to two at the front puts a huge responsibility on the two centrally midfielders and, as Clive has written plenty of times on here, we don't work well when the defence is unprotected as it is frequently when one or both the central midfielders are absent.

But, would you want to shore things up?

Wipe out those individual mistakes, sure, but I'd take the rough of being ridiculously open at times with the smooth of watching this team move forward any day of the week...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Andre Gray on 11:58 - Oct 3 with 2708 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Gray on 10:00 - Oct 3 by lightwaterhoop

Its our defence that we should be more worried about.

We really don’t need to ‘worry’ about anything, we’re 6th, we’re scoring tons of goals, every game is exciting.
I’m not saying don’t criticise, but i am saying why worry? This is great fun isnt it?

Bare bones.

Andre Gray on 12:12 - Oct 3 with 2677 viewslightwaterhoop

Andre Gray on 11:58 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

We really don’t need to ‘worry’ about anything, we’re 6th, we’re scoring tons of goals, every game is exciting.
I’m not saying don’t criticise, but i am saying why worry? This is great fun isnt it?

Were letting in too many goals i worry that at the end of the season that may keep us out of the play-offs.Lets hope MW can get our defence organised soon. I want to watch 3-0 wins at home.MW must realise we have a problem.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 12:24]
Andre Gray on 12:13 - Oct 3 with 2676 viewsParkRoyalR

Andre Gray on 11:58 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

Sure is,

A sign of our squad depth, but Warbs does have a habit of playing new players before they are fully match fit - Wallace, Thomas, Austin and now Gray,

Fans typically scrutinise new players to see if they are the next big thing and due to the above being nowhere near match fit, we can tend to think a 5 figure weekly wage and he's struggling to cover the ground, wtf

Warbs with all our financial constraints is building a very competitive side so we just have to trust him when he's forced to play some of the incoming players sooner than he ideally wants.
Andre Gray on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 2610 viewsgazza1

I do not think it would be unreasonable to say that most posters and supporters of the Club were expecting more......
Andre Gray on 13:52 - Oct 3 with 2537 viewsnix

Andre Gray on 12:13 - Oct 3 by ParkRoyalR

Sure is,

A sign of our squad depth, but Warbs does have a habit of playing new players before they are fully match fit - Wallace, Thomas, Austin and now Gray,

Fans typically scrutinise new players to see if they are the next big thing and due to the above being nowhere near match fit, we can tend to think a 5 figure weekly wage and he's struggling to cover the ground, wtf

Warbs with all our financial constraints is building a very competitive side so we just have to trust him when he's forced to play some of the incoming players sooner than he ideally wants.

Isn't that part of the reason for the B team because u23 matches just don't provide the same level of competition as Championship games.

Maybe Gray needs a couple of B team games on top of his first team cameos.

Having said that, Warbs is particularly careful of the players like BOS and Gray who rely on pace to not overplay them, so it's a difficult balancing act.
Andre Gray on 14:32 - Oct 3 with 2487 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Gray on 12:12 - Oct 3 by lightwaterhoop

Were letting in too many goals i worry that at the end of the season that may keep us out of the play-offs.Lets hope MW can get our defence organised soon. I want to watch 3-0 wins at home.MW must realise we have a problem.

We all want 3-0 wins. But some realism might help temper your worries a bit.

Bare bones.

Andre Gray on 14:36 - Oct 3 with 2478 viewsfrancisbowles

Fourth best goal difference in the division, sounds ok to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray on 14:43 - Oct 3 with 2451 viewsMyke

Andre Gray on 12:49 - Oct 3 by gazza1

I do not think it would be unreasonable to say that most posters and supporters of the Club were expecting more......

Not me. If we finish the season where we are now and are highly entertained along the way - then that will have fulfilled if not exceeded my expectations.
Andre Gray on 14:55 - Oct 3 with 2422 viewsdaveB

Andre Gray on 12:49 - Oct 3 by gazza1

more from Gray or more from the team?
Andre Gray on 15:00 - Oct 3 with 2413 viewssaxbend

Andre Gray on 12:12 - Oct 3 by lightwaterhoop

I'm not saying 3-0 wins at home don't do anything for me, but I want two things more than that. 1) be entertained. 2) see the team care as much as I do.

Any other kind of win ranks more or less equally to the 3-0 home wins too.

I wasn't very entertained yesterday, but the team did care, and the team won, and I've been very entertained in every other game this season. On the whole I not only cannot complain but also resent any complaints targetted at specific individuals. Yes I would like our defending to improve at times but I also trust and know that so would Warburton and the players and they are already making that a priority.

So really we just need to relax and enjoy it. It hasn't been this good for a long time, and may not be again if we don't appreciate it, especially if we turn on individuals and slate them online.
Andre Gray on 15:19 - Oct 3 with 2369 viewsgazza1

Andre Gray on 14:55 - Oct 3 by daveB

more from Gray or more from the team?

This is a Gray thread......so Gray.

PS - I am generally very pleased with the team and how they are playing.....stop the basic errors and we would be top of the league.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:20]
Andre Gray on 16:54 - Oct 3 with 2269 viewstraininvain

Andre Gray on 15:00 - Oct 3 by saxbend

I'm not saying 3-0 wins at home don't do anything for me, but I want two things more than that. 1) be entertained. 2) see the team care as much as I do.

Any other kind of win ranks more or less equally to the 3-0 home wins too.

I wasn't very entertained yesterday, but the team did care, and the team won, and I've been very entertained in every other game this season. On the whole I not only cannot complain but also resent any complaints targetted at specific individuals. Yes I would like our defending to improve at times but I also trust and know that so would Warburton and the players and they are already making that a priority.

So really we just need to relax and enjoy it. It hasn't been this good for a long time, and may not be again if we don't appreciate it, especially if we turn on individuals and slate them online.

Tough crowd to please if yesterday wasn’t considered entertaining!
Andre Gray on 17:13 - Oct 3 with 2232 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre Gray on 15:19 - Oct 3 by gazza1

This is a Gray thread......so Gray.

PS - I am generally very pleased with the team and how they are playing.....stop the basic errors and we would be top of the league.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:20]

Really? (I mean Gray)

I absolutely want a lot more but I didn't expect much. He hadn't been doing well at Watford, he came in late when we'd done most of our business early and when we'd got two established strikers, so can't have been exactly crucial from POV of Warbs, who I trust on this (as I believe you do.) On a loan but IIRC would have been a free if we'd been able to sort the perm move. Seems obviously brought in after we'd loaned out Bonne to give us cover, an option off the bench and a few starts so we can rest Austin and Dykes.

Given his history with Warburton I'm hoping he'll get back to the player he was with Burnley. Can't say I'm surprised that hasn't happened instantly. Don't recall this place being exactly excited about him, more some people were dubious/anti, others said "Give him a chance"
Andre Gray on 19:00 - Oct 3 with 2124 viewsgazza1

Andre Gray on 17:13 - Oct 3 by CiderwithRsie

Really? (I mean Gray)

I absolutely want a lot more but I didn't expect much. He hadn't been doing well at Watford, he came in late when we'd done most of our business early and when we'd got two established strikers, so can't have been exactly crucial from POV of Warbs, who I trust on this (as I believe you do.) On a loan but IIRC would have been a free if we'd been able to sort the perm move. Seems obviously brought in after we'd loaned out Bonne to give us cover, an option off the bench and a few starts so we can rest Austin and Dykes.

Given his history with Warburton I'm hoping he'll get back to the player he was with Burnley. Can't say I'm surprised that hasn't happened instantly. Don't recall this place being exactly excited about him, more some people were dubious/anti, others said "Give him a chance"

Really!!! Whats your point(s)??

If POV means Points of View.....then I would suggest that Gray was brought in because he has an important role to play. May not have been the first choice he wanted (I dont know) but better than we had at the club to play 1st team football on a lot of occasions.

IIRC???
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:04]
Andre Gray on 19:52 - Oct 3 with 2059 viewsT_Block

Andre is just bit rusty ,and in truth could be a better striker that Austin or Dykes.We needed pace and he has it ,Coaching team must noe advise him and us fans encourage his efforts.

Nah is a useless criticism as was the second email
Andre Gray on 21:21 - Oct 3 with 1985 viewsLythamR

Andre Gray on 16:54 - Oct 3 by traininvain

Tough crowd to please if yesterday wasn’t considered entertaining!

Exactly!, said similar to Bens post on facebook.

I can accept people might be disappointed in elements of the game or performance but it was an entertaining game, it had a bit of pretty much everything you want to see when you turn up to watch a match.
Andre Gray on 22:54 - Oct 3 with 1867 viewsbaz_qpr

I think his done ok, he's scored a couple, key assist for the first yesterday and the run opened it up for Chair, we looked better when Charlie came on but we looked better when Gray came on the other night. He and Dykes dont look great together. He probably could be sharper. My only concern is he seems to be a bit of a moaner, would like to see him play with more of a smile on his face
Andre Gray on 23:01 - Oct 3 with 1849 viewsCiderwithRsie

Andre Gray on 19:00 - Oct 3 by gazza1

Really!!! Whats your point(s)??

If POV means Points of View.....then I would suggest that Gray was brought in because he has an important role to play. May not have been the first choice he wanted (I dont know) but better than we had at the club to play 1st team football on a lot of occasions.

IIRC???
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 19:04]

Yes, POV is Point of View, IIRC is If I Recall Correctly.

My point is that I'm surprised you say "most" would be disappointed. I'd have thought most weren't expecting much and think the jury's still out. For me he's been OK, no more no less.

He's a striker and I don't think he needed to be "better than we had at the club" in that position as clearly Austin and Dykes are first choice(s). If he's supposed to be better than either of those two I'd have expected Warburton to have pushed to get his signing sorted sooner so he could be in pre-Season, plus I'd expect him to have had more than three starts.

Arguably he needs to be better than Bonne but I'm pretty sure Bonne had already gone to Ipswich so isn't really "at the club". I suppose he needs to be better than any of the U-23 lads as a striker too, hard to say on that. Bottom line is that he's got two in three starts plus three subs. Seems OK to me for our 3rd choice striker.
Andre Gray on 23:10 - Oct 3 with 1834 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Andre Gray on 23:01 - Oct 3 by CiderwithRsie

My point is that I'm surprised you say "most" would be disappointed. I'd have thought most weren't expecting much and think the jury's still out. For me he's been OK, no more no less.

He's a striker and I don't think he needed to be "better than we had at the club" in that position as clearly Austin and Dykes are first choice(s). If he's supposed to be better than either of those two I'd have expected Warburton to have pushed to get his signing sorted sooner so he could be in pre-Season, plus I'd expect him to have had more than three starts.

Arguably he needs to be better than Bonne but I'm pretty sure Bonne had already gone to Ipswich so isn't really "at the club". I suppose he needs to be better than any of the U-23 lads as a striker too, hard to say on that. Bottom line is that he's got two in three starts plus three subs. Seems OK to me for our 3rd choice striker.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Andre Gray on 12:30 - Oct 4 with 1606 viewscharmr

It’s a no from me from what I’ve seen so far

Flatters to deceive
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 12:31]
Andre Gray on 12:45 - Oct 4 with 1575 viewsPetros

Andre Gray on 19:52 - Oct 3 by T_Block

Andre is just bit rusty ,and in truth could be a better striker that Austin or Dykes.We needed pace and he has it ,Coaching team must noe advise him and us fans encourage his efforts.

Nah is a useless criticism as was the second email

You are being a little prosaic. "Nah" was not a criticism. It was an exhortation (fresh from the match), a provocation, a call to arms. There were many responses to it, so it worked. Happy to discuss literary forms all day long, by the way.
Andre Gray on 12:58 - Oct 4 with 1531 viewsNed_Kennedys

Andre Gray on 23:01 - Oct 3 by CiderwithRsie

Good post. Gray is a big step up from Kelman and will continue to do a job for us IMO. Would’ve preferred Wells if he was available though.
Andre Gray on 16:10 - Oct 4 with 1365 viewsPinnerPaul

Andre Gray on 18:31 - Oct 2 by Petros

Weaknesses: looks unfit, overweight, slow, not strong on the ball, positionally naive, mistimes his runs, poor body language.
Strengths: None.

We've been through this before with Charlie.

EVERY stat is available to MW and staff.

If he WAS "overweight and unfit" he wouldn't be playing!
Andre Gray on 16:13 - Oct 4 with 1356 viewsPinnerPaul

Andre Gray on 21:06 - Oct 2 by CamberleyR

Good to see the old message board tradition of writing someone off after no time at all is alive and well. He's played a total of 300 minutes in a Rangers shirt

Someone else said Johannsen hasn't had a good season so far!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024