Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Tis the Watford Way 11:26 - Oct 3 with 5624 viewshantssi

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58778752
‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:01 - Oct 3 with 3942 viewsenfieldargh

Off he goes to manage one of their other clubs, Warburton a very poor fit for Watford as is Eustace

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:08 - Oct 3 with 3914 viewsnix

You certainly wouldn't leave a job to go there, would you?

Presumably they get a decent pay off from their contracts?

58% win rate and 14th in the table with an average squad in Premiership terms.

Yeah, of course get rid of him.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:29 - Oct 3 with 3851 viewshantssi

‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:08 - Oct 3 by nix

You certainly wouldn't leave a job to go there, would you?

Presumably they get a decent pay off from their contracts?

58% win rate and 14th in the table with an average squad in Premiership terms.

Yeah, of course get rid of him.

I don’t know Nix, 10 months work for 3 years money, I could retire early!!
‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:31 - Oct 3 with 3843 viewsSimplyNico

A very interesting place to work and to be dismissed from. The views of the CEO on it are pretty clear - https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/15620958.watford-ceo-scott-duxbury-looks . Two years is your lot.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:38 - Oct 3 with 3794 viewsdistortR

‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:31 - Oct 3 by SimplyNico

A very interesting place to work and to be dismissed from. The views of the CEO on it are pretty clear - https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/15620958.watford-ceo-scott-duxbury-looks . Two years is your lot.

the sporting director, who presumably has a big say in player recruitment, appears to have convinced the ceo that all problems start beneath him.

lol
‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:21 - Oct 3 with 3681 viewsSimplyNico

If you are referring to Giraldi, he was dismissed too.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:27 - Oct 3 with 3659 viewskensalriser

For all that they've spent a lot of time in the PL lately so it's not easy to argue they're wrong.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:40 - Oct 3 with 3611 viewsdistortR

‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:21 - Oct 3 by SimplyNico

If you are referring to Giraldi, he was dismissed too.

Well, that made me laugh!

i thought they needed stability higher up the chain?!

Mind you, if I must be in the gig economy, I'd like to be in it at this end.

I could start on how this throws a mirror on modern society, and how people/workers are totally expendable in the pursuit of riches/success by the few at the top, but I won't

Login to get fewer ads

‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:44 - Oct 3 with 3589 viewsnix

‘Tis the Watford Way on 12:29 - Oct 3 by hantssi

I don’t know Nix, 10 months work for 3 years money, I could retire early!!

You never know Hantssi, they've burned through so many already, we might be in with a chance!
‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:51 - Oct 3 with 3555 viewsBoston

‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:27 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

For all that they've spent a lot of time in the PL lately so it's not easy to argue they're wrong.

I tend to agree. Brutal it may be, but Watford gents I chat to occasionally point to where they were when Pozzo bought them compared to where they are today.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

‘Tis the Watford Way on 14:00 - Oct 3 with 3533 viewsStanisgod

Where exactly do Watford think they should be?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

‘Tis the Watford Way on 14:01 - Oct 3 with 3531 viewsDavieQPR

The way Watford go through Managers they must have some sort of payoff agreement in their contracts.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 14:02 - Oct 3 with 3529 viewsSimplyNico

‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:51 - Oct 3 by Boston

I tend to agree. Brutal it may be, but Watford gents I chat to occasionally point to where they were when Pozzo bought them compared to where they are today.

Step forward Forest and QPR. It ends in tears. They had four managers in 19/20 (five if you count Mullins who was caretaker twice). It also limits the pool of available managers.

If you want to read a good book on it, Michael Calvin "Living on the Volcano".
‘Tis the Watford Way on 14:56 - Oct 3 with 3445 viewsfrancisbowles

Two weeks to get someone in and change a few things before the next match.

How long has Steve Bruce got?
‘Tis the Watford Way on 15:04 - Oct 3 with 3422 viewssaxbend

Well there's Chris Hughton, and maybe Arteta will be available soon too, but since the tabloids are already writing his name I'm sure, I might as well call Tim Sherwood.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 15:13 - Oct 3 with 3398 viewsDavieQPR

Eleven of their last thirteen Managers have been foreign so I expect another.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 15:24 - Oct 3 with 3367 viewsjohnhoop

I believe a certain Mr M Hughes and Mr H Redknapp might currently be available.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:25]
‘Tis the Watford Way on 15:58 - Oct 3 with 3264 viewsBoston

‘Tis the Watford Way on 15:13 - Oct 3 by DavieQPR

Eleven of their last thirteen Managers have been foreign so I expect another.

It's Hughes then.

‘Tis the Watford Way on 16:47 - Oct 3 with 3149 viewsVancouverHoop

The Watford approach to management is pretty typical in other European leagues, Italy particularly. Managers understand it, so there's no particular resentment AFAIK.

However Watford is owned by the Pozzo family, who also own Udinese and used to own Granada.

They made their money from the Freud industrial tool company and then from selling Freud to Bosch.

They operate all of their clubs as profit making enterprises, with the major source of profit being the appreciation of players' registrations while under contract. They are much less interested than "typical" owners is the club's performance (though maintaining a position in the top two tiers is essential to their business), and will always fall out with a manager who values a club's results over their "player development" business.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 16:59]
‘Tis the Watford Way on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 3049 viewsBoston

‘Tis the Watford Way on 16:47 - Oct 3 by VancouverHoop

The Watford approach to management is pretty typical in other European leagues, Italy particularly. Managers understand it, so there's no particular resentment AFAIK.

However Watford is owned by the Pozzo family, who also own Udinese and used to own Granada.

They made their money from the Freud industrial tool company and then from selling Freud to Bosch.

They operate all of their clubs as profit making enterprises, with the major source of profit being the appreciation of players' registrations while under contract. They are much less interested than "typical" owners is the club's performance (though maintaining a position in the top two tiers is essential to their business), and will always fall out with a manager who values a club's results over their "player development" business.

It is only business...got a problem youse doity rat?

‘Tis the Watford Way on 17:55 - Oct 3 with 3007 viewsSimplyNico

‘Tis the Watford Way on 16:47 - Oct 3 by VancouverHoop

Yes The "player development business". This is quite interesting - Remarkable CAS award concerning Watford. A "trend of dubious agreements" around alleged signing of Mamadou M'Baye from Cadiz in July 2018, allegations of signature forgery, no medical took place & senior club figures did not attend to explain -
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 18:01]
‘Tis the Watford Way on 18:24 - Oct 3 with 2952 viewsbosh67

It's a ludicrous way to run a football club but it seems to work every time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

‘Tis the Watford Way on 19:47 - Oct 3 with 2774 viewsB_Wad

‘Tis the Watford Way on 13:40 - Oct 3 by distortR

Well, that made me laugh!

i thought they needed stability higher up the chain?!

Mind you, if I must be in the gig economy, I'd like to be in it at this end.

I could start on how this throws a mirror on modern society, and how people/workers are totally expendable in the pursuit of riches/success by the few at the top, but I won't

Off topic, but the one night I spent in jail was due to an MDC concert and Delores Huerta getting roughed up by San Francisco police.
‘Tis the Watford Way on 22:32 - Oct 3 with 2625 viewsMyke

‘Tis the Watford Way on 14:56 - Oct 3 by francisbowles

Two weeks to get someone in and change a few things before the next match.

How long has Steve Bruce got?

Bruce has done a hell of a job keeping a very average squad in the top tier for the past couple of years. He has done every bit as well as Rafa who revered while Bruce (who is one of their own) is maligned. All this while being under constant pressure of the sack, botched take-overs and Ashley - he deserves a lot more credit than he gets
‘Tis the Watford Way on 06:50 - Oct 4 with 2462 viewsdistortR

‘Tis the Watford Way on 19:47 - Oct 3 by B_Wad

Off topic, but the one night I spent in jail was due to an MDC concert and Delores Huerta getting roughed up by San Francisco police.

took one for the team

Yet she's the one with her own day.......................

Edit - who will start a 'United watford workers union'?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 6:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024