Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A 16:13 - Oct 22 with 6069 viewsNorthernr

Stoke home now Sunday lunchtime.
Sheff Utd away now Monday Night Football.

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 17:36 - Oct 22 with 1595 viewsdenhamhoop2

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 17:23 - Oct 22 by ozranger

I don't think they will touch the Swans game owing to the possibility that we will make it to the next round of the Carabao Cup which is to be played during the week after. That is, definitely not the Monday nor likely the Sunday, though Friday could still be a chance but I am willing to put money on it that this will be Saturday at 3pm.

As much as the fans and the club hate it, this does give QPR some extra coverage overseas for those affiliates that pick up Sky - e.g. Bein, etc. So, there is hope that if we can perform well in those games there may be some youngsters o/s who will choose to support us instead of manure, scum, etc. and then start to get their mates to do the same and also buy up merchandise.

There is one slight flaw in your logic QPR historically have been awful on Sky last Saturday the most recent in a long line of no shows in front of the cameras.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 17:46 - Oct 22 with 1566 viewsdenhamhoop2

Maybe get a Banner done saying should have paid for Screensport instead and have T Shirts made up saying Sky are C***s surely they would interview as we KNOW Sky love colourful little interviews with the fans
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:00 - Oct 22 with 1533 viewsVancouverHoop

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:53 - Oct 22 by PinnerPaul

Price of 'success'. if we were bobbling around 15th and not 5th we wouldn't be on so much.

Also club receives money for each live game, and erm.....Sky hold the broadcasting contract, for which the club also receives money and erm they move games, and always have/will do as they are not allowed to broadcast live games at 3.00pm on a Saturday.

Not sure why these are always treated with surprise/dismay.

When the matches come round, we then get loads on here watching the game ......on Sky!

I realise it's a relatively minor point in the greater scheme of things, but Sky games mean overseas fans don't get the club's video feed. In the past we've received a financial rebate, which is generous, but isn't really the point. Sky's matches are selected by carriers elsewhere, rarely are EFL games chosen, especially on Saturdays. It's disappointing to say the least.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:04 - Oct 22 with 1523 viewsGaryT

I picked the wrong week to renew my QPR+, audio only I suppose.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:18 - Oct 22 with 1492 viewsdublinr

When do we start calling it sky sports qpr?

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 1452 viewsnix

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:04 - Oct 22 by GaryT

I picked the wrong week to renew my QPR+, audio only I suppose.

The audio's still on though? And I prefer to watch the match but have our commentary.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:46 - Oct 22 with 1423 viewsHarbour

Not sure why they need to show games on a Friday and Monday night bizzare.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:32 - Oct 22 with 1359 viewsGaryT

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:33 - Oct 22 by nix

The audio's still on though? And I prefer to watch the match but have our commentary.

No Sky in Spain so audio only via QPR+ for me unless I can find a dodgy stream.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:44 - Oct 22 with 1326 viewsMick_S

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:32 - Oct 22 by GaryT

No Sky in Spain so audio only via QPR+ for me unless I can find a dodgy stream.

Gary, I’m thoroughly confused by football and the internet, but can you not buy the stream via the club to watch Rangers?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 1314 viewsGloryHunter

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:38 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Club can't do anything about it. Leeds finally chucked their toys out of the pram a couple of years back when the mad Italian fella owned them and literally every game of theirs got picked, said they wouldn't let them into the ground, and quickly got slapped down for it and Sky had the game just as they wished. FC United of Manchester went they got pulled against Rochdale in the FA Cup tried to say no and were told in no uncertain terms they had no choice in the matter.

At the very least I'd like to hear some loud and sustained anti-Sky chanting. It forces them to turn the pitchside mics down and embarrasses them. That's about all we've got.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I'm up for the anti-Sky chanting. How does it go?

And how about a few banners in the crowd?
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 20:50 - Oct 22 with 1258 viewsLongsufferingR

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:51 - Oct 22 by GloryHunter

I remember Wolves fans were very good at it when we had a home game against them moved to a Thursday night. Only about 11k there so came over loud and clear. Banners would just be removed as soon as they go up.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 21:32 - Oct 22 with 1175 viewsWatford_Ranger

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:46 - Oct 22 by Harbour

The viewing figures must be atrocious.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 21:37 - Oct 22 with 1169 viewscolinallcars

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 17:20 - Oct 22 by gazza1

A big organisation who thinks 'Rangers are back' .....I'm proud and we all should be.

Dear Jesus….. I take it you don't attend our Saturday games ?
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 21:42 - Oct 22 with 1150 viewsstowmarketrange

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:51 - Oct 22 by GloryHunter

They wouldn’t show the banners if they could get away with it.
A prolonged chorus of either “feck off Sky” or “You can stick your fecking Sky up your ar@e” at every opportunity might get the message across.But they won’t listen anyway.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 22:13 - Oct 22 with 1103 viewsGaryT

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 19:44 - Oct 22 by Mick_S

Gary, I’m thoroughly confused by football and the internet, but can you not buy the stream via the club to watch Rangers?

QPR+ only streams the games that aren't on Sky. If it's on Sky you only get the audio.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 22:35 - Oct 22 with 1076 viewsMick_S

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 22:13 - Oct 22 by GaryT

QPR+ only streams the games that aren't on Sky. If it's on Sky you only get the audio.

Told you I’m confused.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 23:05 - Oct 22 with 1040 viewssaxbend

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:29 - Oct 22 by flynnbo

So Swansea on Dec 18th will be our next Saturday 3pm home game.

"will" might be too strong an auxiliary.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 23:22 - Oct 22 with 1016 viewsMistication92

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 18:46 - Oct 22 by Harbour

This. Are people that desperate to watch Championship on a Friday/Monday night? Is there that much demand for it?
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 23:27 - Oct 22 with 1011 viewssaxbend

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 23:22 - Oct 22 by Mistication92

This. Are people that desperate to watch Championship on a Friday/Monday night? Is there that much demand for it?

All I can think of is that Sky want to be able to pretend (and it's perfectly credible to the lion's share of their market) that they are a magnanimous body who also cast light on "the lower leagues".
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 23:55 - Oct 22 with 980 viewsstowmarketrange

I just looked at train tickets to Sheffield and I can get a return for £28,but it was £44 for the Saturday.I just need to find a hotel for £15 for the Monday night and I’ll save myself £1.Thanks Sky.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 07:34 - Oct 23 with 898 viewsdmm

The 3pm kick off arose from the Factory Act in 1850 which said the working week should be no longer than 60 hours, with Saturday work finishing at 2pm. Games kicked off at 3.15pm to allow workers time to get to the grounds and this changed to 3pm sometime in the 60s I think.

I find it ironic that a restriction to allow people meaningful leisure time has now been nullified by rampant capitalism itself.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 07:53 - Oct 23 with 860 viewsozranger

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 23:55 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

I just looked at train tickets to Sheffield and I can get a return for £28,but it was £44 for the Saturday.I just need to find a hotel for £15 for the Monday night and I’ll save myself £1.Thanks Sky.

Travelodge cost me £30 but that is with the cancellation option included so a few quid less otherwise. I would not be surprised if there is not something there for around £20. But, yes even with that, there is a loss.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 07:56 - Oct 23 with 854 viewsjohnhoop

Someone quoted The Kinks "Autumn Almanac" on here not so long ago.
"I like my football, on a Saturday,
Roast beef on Sundays, all right"
One thing's for sur.e. The situation that exists now removes any remaining validity for what people used to give as one of the main reasons for renewing your season ticket; "What else are you going to do with yourself on a Saturday afternoon?", no longer has any relevance whatsoever.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 8:09]
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 08:57 - Oct 23 with 789 viewsPerthRs

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:28 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Christmas games still to be announced. They're coming next week apparently.

I’ve mentioned this before and sent numerous emails to the club but not even had a reply, the issue we or rather me is that we don’t have Sky Sports in our house or Foxtel as it is here in Australia whereby, they feature our matches on BeIn Sports.
So if you don’t subscribe to these channels you are basically fcuked as you cannot even watch the game on QPR+, I have no objections to the club keeping the money I’ve paid for the season to watch these matches I’m just pi55ed of that they and the EFL presume everyone has SKY Sports, for the record in my opinion I think SKY is totally sh1t and I wouldn’t have in my gaff.
Apologies rant over
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 09:22 - Oct 23 with 757 viewsfrancisbowles

Screwed again. On a flight on the Sunday, which was arranged trying not to miss any games. Do they really need a Sunday Championship match when they probably have two from the Premier League.

I just know we will get a lunchtime kick off on Boxing Day and/or New Year's Day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024