Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Smith sacked 23:26 - Nov 7 with 13532 viewsHooparoo

What a deluded club. Reckon we’ll see them back in the championship next season.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dean Smith sacked on 12:49 - Nov 12 with 2814 viewsslmrstid

Dean Smith sacked on 10:10 - Nov 12 by BAWHoops

Great point was made by Darren bent (I know!) when someone called TalkSport and was claiming Villa weren't as big as Rangers.
He asked them if Dean Smith would've left Villa for Rangers and was met by silence.
Not one of the 20 managers in the Premier League would leave their current job to manage in Scotland

This is a good point and shows how Scottish football has weakened over the last 20 years or so.

Who was the last to leave a high level job in England to go to Scotland, probably Martin O'Neill leaving Leicester for Celtic...? Back then it would have been a no brainer, with the players the two clubs had then and they were competitive in Europe.

Both a million miles from those levels now.
Dean Smith sacked on 13:02 - Nov 12 with 2776 viewsPhildo

Dean Smith sacked on 15:52 - Nov 12 with 2682 viewsNorthernr

Dean Smith sacked on 12:49 - Nov 12 by slmrstid

This is a good point and shows how Scottish football has weakened over the last 20 years or so.

Who was the last to leave a high level job in England to go to Scotland, probably Martin O'Neill leaving Leicester for Celtic...? Back then it would have been a no brainer, with the players the two clubs had then and they were competitive in Europe.

Both a million miles from those levels now.

That's actually a really good example because, as Rodgers showed, that's now completely the other way around.

I'd be interested to know where that line is now. I agree I can't see a single Premier League manager making that move. Would Sean Dyche leave Burnley for Rangers or Celtic? If it's a no, that's pretty damning in itself. Would Marco Silva leave Fulham for Rangers/Celtic do we think? Does Steve Bruce consider himself above that?
Dean Smith sacked on 15:58 - Nov 12 with 2651 viewskensalriser

Dean Smith sacked on 15:52 - Nov 12 by Northernr

That's actually a really good example because, as Rodgers showed, that's now completely the other way around.

I'd be interested to know where that line is now. I agree I can't see a single Premier League manager making that move. Would Sean Dyche leave Burnley for Rangers or Celtic? If it's a no, that's pretty damning in itself. Would Marco Silva leave Fulham for Rangers/Celtic do we think? Does Steve Bruce consider himself above that?

Is it down to simple economics, ie a lower table PL club can still wield a much higher remuneration package than the Old Firm?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dean Smith sacked on 15:58 - Nov 12 with 2648 viewsMrSheen

I've seen one report that has Koeman as favourite to take over at Ibrox. Barcelona to Rangers? Probably says more about the state of the former!
Dean Smith sacked on 16:03 - Nov 12 with 2640 viewsNorthantsHoop

Dean Smith sacked on 11:51 - Nov 12 by nix

Even Warburton, Mark.

He still gets Rangers fans stalking his or the QPR Twitter sites slagging him off, even though he got them promoted and maintains he was sacked, and didn't leave.

I actually think Stevie G will do a good job at Villa and they will push on. A top class English player that will actually be able to convert into a top class manager, which so few of them do in this country.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 16:10]
Dean Smith sacked on 16:04 - Nov 12 with 2639 viewsMick_S

Dean Smith sacked on 15:58 - Nov 12 by MrSheen

I've seen one report that has Koeman as favourite to take over at Ibrox. Barcelona to Rangers? Probably says more about the state of the former!

Tartan carpet has the picture up already.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dean Smith sacked on 16:11 - Nov 12 with 2597 viewsNorthernr

Dean Smith sacked on 15:58 - Nov 12 by kensalriser

Is it down to simple economics, ie a lower table PL club can still wield a much higher remuneration package than the Old Firm?

So can a higher Championship one?
Login to get fewer ads

Dean Smith sacked on 16:11 - Nov 12 with 2596 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dean Smith sacked on 15:58 - Nov 12 by MrSheen

Trouble is, Koeman now has two disasters on his cv at Everton and then Barca. Nice gig at Rangers might suit him to repair his rep a bit.

Bare bones.

Dean Smith sacked on 16:12 - Nov 12 with 2594 viewsMrSheen

Dean Smith sacked on 16:04 - Nov 12 by Mick_S

Tartan carpet has the picture up already.

Eminently qualified. Nice shirt, when can you start?

Dean Smith sacked on 17:54 - Nov 12 with 2507 viewsMick_S

Rangers job still going, Frank.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dean Smith sacked on 20:59 - Nov 12 with 2363 viewskensalriser

Dean Smith sacked on 16:03 - Nov 12 by NorthantsHoop

I actually think Stevie G will do a good job at Villa and they will push on. A top class English player that will actually be able to convert into a top class manager, which so few of them do in this country.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 16:10]

Stevie G? Behave yourself! This isn't a Liverpool site, 'Gerrard' will suffice.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dean Smith sacked on 21:24 - Nov 12 with 2318 viewsozranger

Getting back to the name in the topic.. Sky are reporting that Smith is almost the Norwich manager. Merry go-rounds.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12467269/norwich-city-expected-to-
Dean Smith sacked on 02:02 - Nov 14 with 2079 viewsbob566

See all that but far more likely to get champions league rangers or Celtic than you would with Burnley.
Dean Smith sacked on 08:28 - Nov 14 with 1907 viewsTGRRRSSS

Where you can benefit at Rangers or Celtic is a couple of years Champs League experience, you can do relatively well (you wont win the cup but...) this will probably grow you nearer the top level.

Looks like Gerrard arrived at the opportune moment when Celtic started to fall apart though, so we'll know more in many ways from this job and how he does the next 18 months or so.

The reality is Rangers and Celtic are Premier League type clubs mostly playing a mixtur of Championship type clubs down to some barely bigger than L2.
Not meaning to be disrespectful, but Inverness for example closer to L1 or L2 really than Premier League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024