Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Smith sacked 23:26 - Nov 7 with 13531 viewsHooparoo

What a deluded club. Reckon we’ll see them back in the championship next season.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dean Smith sacked on 18:14 - Nov 8 with 2765 viewsMedwayR

I always felt that Grealish got Villa promoted rather than Smith, until Grealish started putting in performances towards the end of that season Villa were going nowhere so I'm not surprised to see them struggle once Grealish left.

Poll: Who’s better?

Dean Smith sacked on 19:18 - Nov 8 with 2629 viewsswitchingcode

Dean Smith sacked on 17:23 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Villa announced Smith and Terry on the same day.

Either way, Smith ok'd it. And worked with him for three years.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45818275

That was the headline but don’t think Smith had any knowledge of this before hand.If you really think he would turn down his dream job to his boyhood team with a salary 6 x more than he got at Brentford for a one man stand against that dickhead your living in dream world.
Dean Smith sacked on 19:28 - Nov 8 with 2600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dean Smith sacked on 19:18 - Nov 8 by switchingcode

That was the headline but don’t think Smith had any knowledge of this before hand.If you really think he would turn down his dream job to his boyhood team with a salary 6 x more than he got at Brentford for a one man stand against that dickhead your living in dream world.

Ok.

He had knowledge at some stage, surely. Or did Terry work in disguise for the three years. A raincoat, a wig and a Scooby Doo Mask, maybe.

And I don't think it's living in dream world to refuse to work with a racist, whether he was foisted on him or not. Principles are everything, and we all have only one set of them and one reputation to guard and cherish.

But of you think differently, then that's ok too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dean Smith sacked on 19:33 - Nov 8 with 2586 viewsswitchingcode

Dean Smith sacked on 19:28 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok.

He had knowledge at some stage, surely. Or did Terry work in disguise for the three years. A raincoat, a wig and a Scooby Doo Mask, maybe.

And I don't think it's living in dream world to refuse to work with a racist, whether he was foisted on him or not. Principles are everything, and we all have only one set of them and one reputation to guard and cherish.

We are talking football here Brian most have the morals of an alley.I’ll leave it there
Dean Smith sacked on 19:49 - Nov 8 with 2553 viewsthame_hoops

What is with the hate of Villa?

I have been to quite a few of their home games this year as I was dating a girl who’s company have season tickets

I’ve actually had a great time at Villa Park, great atmosphere and a fantastic stadium. Also beers out in Birmingham before and after, such a great city.
Dean Smith sacked on 19:52 - Nov 8 with 2549 viewsthame_hoops

Dean Smith sacked on 19:28 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok.

I normally agree with most of your posts Brian but I think you’re digging a hole here.
Dean Smith sacked on 20:32 - Nov 8 with 2487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dean Smith sacked on 19:52 - Nov 8 by thame_hoops

I normally agree with most of your posts Brian but I think you’re digging a hole here.

You may say I'm a dreamer, thame, but I'm not the only one.

Dean Smith sacked on 20:33 - Nov 8 with 2480 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dean Smith sacked on 19:33 - Nov 8 by switchingcode

We are talking football here Brian most have the morals of an alley.I’ll leave it there

No bother at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Dean Smith sacked on 20:34 - Nov 8 with 2468 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dean Smith sacked on 19:49 - Nov 8 by thame_hoops

I have been to quite a few of their home games this year as I was dating a girl who’s company have season tickets

I’ve actually had a great time at Villa Park, great atmosphere and a fantastic stadium. Also beers out in Birmingham before and after, such a great city.

Always had a soft spot for them way back when - nice kit, great ground, great home end, great anthem and no Zulus.

Dean Smith sacked on 20:36 - Nov 8 with 2457 viewsMrSheen

Cough, cough, Andre Gray.

Terry did a bad thing in the heat of the moment, but made it much worse by denying it, but hate him or hate him, I don’t think he should be shunned from the game when the likes of Lee Hughes, Joey Barton and Danny Simpson were allowed to continue.
Dean Smith sacked on 20:47 - Nov 8 with 2442 viewsstowmarketrange

Apart from almost getting stabbed there in 1977,Brian fecking little and some of the most arrogant fans in the country,who have massive chips on both shoulders,there’s nothing wrong with them really.And the ridiculous Holte Enders in the sky crap too.
Dean Smith sacked on 21:18 - Nov 8 with 2385 viewsCamberleyR

Classy statement from Dean Smith via the LMA

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dean Smith sacked on 08:18 - Nov 9 with 2197 viewsPinnerPaul

Went there for the game we lost 3-2 in the Prem - thanks to Jose Bosingwa and Jermaine Jenas - horrible fans, but 1 steward in particular was a really good bloke.
Dean Smith sacked on 08:22 - Nov 9 with 2194 viewsPinnerPaul

Dean Smith sacked on 19:52 - Nov 8 by thame_hoops

I think its SC doing the digging.

To say that John Terry just turned up one day at training.......

Dean Smith " Oh hello John, what are you doing here"

JT "I'm your new assistant"

DS "Right you are - just get those cones out, would you old chap"

Then as Brian says, IF he was unhappy about it, to say nothing for 3 years?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't have a 'hatred' for Villa or Smith, but do for Mr Terry.
Dean Smith sacked on 08:24 - Nov 9 with 2183 viewsPinnerPaul

Dean Smith sacked on 20:36 - Nov 8 by MrSheen

Cough, cough, Andre Gray.

Terry did a bad thing in the heat of the moment, but made it much worse by denying it, but hate him or hate him, I don’t think he should be shunned from the game when the likes of Lee Hughes, Joey Barton and Danny Simpson were allowed to continue.

"A" bad thing "In the heat of the moment" and the rest of the charge sheet??????????
Dean Smith sacked on 08:53 - Nov 9 with 2137 viewsMrSheen

Dean Smith sacked on 08:24 - Nov 9 by PinnerPaul

"A" bad thing "In the heat of the moment" and the rest of the charge sheet??????????

He's a Catgory A dirtbag, but cheating and denial is so engrained in professional sport, that if you rooted it all out, you'd be watching five-a-side.
Dean Smith sacked on 10:21 - Nov 9 with 2054 viewsterryb

For us oldies that were around in the '60's & '70's, Villa were possibly/probably our biggest rivals. Think of the Cardiff feelings of 20 years ago & double it!

And it wasn't one sided. For nearly a ten year period Villa regarded Brun as angels compared to "The boys from The Bush". It started with the promotion win in May 1968 & made worse by Docherty the following season.

We didn't care about The Pensioners, but Villa had us spitting blood.
Dean Smith sacked on 10:46 - Nov 9 with 2011 viewsswitchingcode

Dean Smith sacked on 08:22 - Nov 9 by PinnerPaul

I think its SC doing the digging.

To say that John Terry just turned up one day at training.......

Dean Smith " Oh hello John, what are you doing here"

JT "I'm your new assistant"

DS "Right you are - just get those cones out, would you old chap"

Then as Brian says, IF he was unhappy about it, to say nothing for 3 years?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't have a 'hatred' for Villa or Smith, but do for Mr Terry.

No digging from me just saying Dean Smith is a decent human being maybe Grealish and the rest of the Villa squad should have all refused to work with Terry.Fact is Smith didnt choose Terry as his assistant
Dean Smith sacked on 12:42 - Nov 9 with 1883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dean Smith sacked on 10:21 - Nov 9 by terryb

For us oldies that were around in the '60's & '70's, Villa were possibly/probably our biggest rivals. Think of the Cardiff feelings of 20 years ago & double it!

And it wasn't one sided. For nearly a ten year period Villa regarded Brun as angels compared to "The boys from The Bush". It started with the promotion win in May 1968 & made worse by Docherty the following season.

Interesting history. Thanks Terry.

Dean Smith sacked on 13:15 - Nov 9 with 1817 viewsthame_hoops

Dean Smith sacked on 10:21 - Nov 9 by terryb

Aha makes sense, cheers.
Dean Smith sacked on 13:35 - Nov 9 with 1763 viewsPinnerPaul

Dean Smith sacked on 08:53 - Nov 9 by MrSheen

He's a Catgory A dirtbag, but cheating and denial is so engrained in professional sport, that if you rooted it all out, you'd be watching five-a-side.

I'm not trying to 'root it out', just like Brian, just can't say I'm happy with Dean Smith for working with him for 3 years.

No different to those on here who said that both Clint Hill and Jamie Mackie had gone down a bit in their estimation because they get on with Mr Barton.
Dean Smith sacked on 13:43 - Nov 9 with 1730 viewsPinnerPaul

Dean Smith sacked on 10:46 - Nov 9 by switchingcode

No digging from me just saying Dean Smith is a decent human being maybe Grealish and the rest of the Villa squad should have all refused to work with Terry.Fact is Smith didnt choose Terry as his assistant

"Not sure he chose him I think he was forced on him when he joined by those above."

Not sure and think to "fact" - hmmmmm
Dean Smith sacked on 20:49 - Nov 9 with 1557 viewsswitchingcode

Dean Smith sacked on 13:43 - Nov 9 by PinnerPaul

"Not sure he chose him I think he was forced on him when he joined by those above."

Not sure and think to "fact" - hmmmmm

Ok can we leave it and just agree that Terry is a c***
Dean Smith sacked on 21:48 - Nov 9 with 1489 viewsLogman

Latest I hear Terry is putting himself forward as Race Relations Officer with Yorkshire CC.
Dean Smith sacked on 07:02 - Nov 10 with 1344 viewsdistortR

Dean Smith sacked on 17:41 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

That's a bit of a low trick Brian................................................ quoting facts like that

Absolutely. He uses his information privilege as a stick to beat those of us who can't be
arsed looking, or like me, prefer to make shit up because things fit together that way.
Not nice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024