Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Albania 20:54 - Nov 12 with 3191 viewssoops

Look what happens when Mason Mount’s not getting in the way 😆
England v Albania on 21:08 - Nov 12 with 3161 viewsLanhoop

Was just wondering if Kalvin Philips was getting confused with rugby and thought he was only allowed to pass backwards?
England v Albania on 21:15 - Nov 12 with 3138 viewssoops

I like Phillips and I like Rice but I think Henderson has shown how helpful it is to have a bit more ambition and dynamism in one of those central midfield roles.
England v Albania on 21:24 - Nov 12 with 3106 viewstoboboly

Tw atterface ruins every game he does.

Fans doing mexican waves and iphone lights should be f cuking hung drawn and quartered.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

England v Albania on 21:31 - Nov 12 with 3093 viewsCamberleyR

Where is Mount the invisible man, by the way? He's not amongst the subs neither.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 21:32]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v Albania on 21:37 - Nov 12 with 3053 viewstoboboly

2 mins extra time. This dude must be a championship ref

England v Albania on 22:10 - Nov 12 with 2955 viewsMoonshineSteve

England v Albania on 21:24 - Nov 12 by toboboly

Tw atterface ruins every game he does.

Fans doing mexican waves and iphone lights should be f cuking hung drawn and quartered.

Are you in a bad mood?

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

England v Albania on 22:13 - Nov 12 with 2946 viewstoboboly

England v Albania on 22:10 - Nov 12 by MoonshineSteve

Are you in a bad mood?

I'm actually not too bad atm.

My points still stand.

England v Albania on 22:50 - Nov 12 with 2857 viewsMoonshineSteve

England v Albania on 22:13 - Nov 12 by toboboly

I'm actually not too bad atm.

My points still stand.

Well I'm not going to argue with you while you're like this.

I'm sure you're right.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

England v Albania on 10:12 - Nov 13 with 2513 viewsdaveB

for someone who is invisible he gets mentioned on here a lot.
Mount is out after having dental surgery
England v Albania on 10:41 - Nov 13 with 2462 viewsDorse

England v Albania on 10:12 - Nov 13 by daveB

Got his fake Dracula fangs stuck when he was out trick or treating.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England v Albania on 11:08 - Nov 13 with 2419 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Played in the 4-0 battering of Hungary and the 8-0 aggregate defeats of Andorra too.

I don't understand the Mount hate. He's been fine if not flashy.
England v Albania on 11:19 - Nov 13 with 2396 viewsbosh67

I think we have the best squad we've had in decades. 1st half last night was like watching Rangers. Great fun going forward, back door wide open. But, I would prefer to see this squad simply outscore other teams because it can. Not many teams will play as terribly as Albania did in the 1st half but by the same token a semi final and a final later this squad really looks like it can get to final in the next WC.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Albania on 12:02 - Nov 13 with 2334 viewsdanehoop

Albania are a tricky side at the moment and quite tenacious, if lacking in quality. The first half was a total dismantling of them, we made them look very poor, when in fact they are an OK side. I thought Kane was quite superb in his positioning and finishing last night. We do look increasingly like having one of the best England squads in several generations and they look like genuine contenders. The best part is how young and how deep the squad is becoming. Remember that Eze was knocking on the door prior to injury, so fingers crossed will get his chance next year too.

Never knowingly understood

England v Albania on 12:03 - Nov 13 with 2334 viewsnix

England v Albania on 11:08 - Nov 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Played in the 4-0 battering of Hungary and the 8-0 aggregate defeats of Andorra too.

I don't understand the Mount hate. He's been fine if not flashy.

I don't hate him. I just think he's kept on when others are substituted when he doesn't seem to have done anything much at all. I'd like to see him more involved if he's going to take up a place. This is based largely on the matches i saw him play in the Euros as I don't usually watch England in the qualifiers/friendlies.
England v Albania on 12:29 - Nov 13 with 2297 viewsSK_hoops

Hopefully not removing any teeth. He's toothless enough.
England v Albania on 13:48 - Nov 13 with 2204 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Albania on 12:03 - Nov 13 by nix

I don't hate him. I just think he's kept on when others are substituted when he doesn't seem to have done anything much at all. I'd like to see him more involved if he's going to take up a place. This is based largely on the matches i saw him play in the Euros as I don't usually watch England in the qualifiers/friendlies.

Can’t imagine you hating anyone Nix.

He does his job in the same way Henderson and Milner etc did.

All about ball retention and pace setting. Very useful counter to the Sterlings etc. Every side needs one.

I wouldn’t pick him mind.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 13:54]
England v Albania on 15:36 - Nov 13 with 2110 viewsBoston

England v Albania on 12:29 - Nov 13 by SK_hoops

Hopefully not removing any teeth. He's toothless enough.

Maybe he just lacks wisdom?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England v Albania on 19:45 - Nov 13 with 1967 viewsCamberleyR

England v Albania on 12:03 - Nov 13 by nix

Spot on Nix. To me, he's another Lampard who will look good when the opposition aren't all that (hat trick in the recent 7-0 battering of Norwich for example, which by the way are his only goals this season) but mostly go missing in big, important games.

He'll probably most likely end up with 80-90 caps but you'll be left wondering what he ever did.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v Albania on 20:56 - Nov 13 with 1901 viewsnix

England v Albania on 19:45 - Nov 13 by CamberleyR

Spot on Nix. To me, he's another Lampard who will look good when the opposition aren't all that (hat trick in the recent 7-0 battering of Norwich for example, which by the way are his only goals this season) but mostly go missing in big, important games.

He'll probably most likely end up with 80-90 caps but you'll be left wondering what he ever did.

Yes, probably, lol!
England v Albania on 21:45 - Nov 13 with 1849 viewsDavieQPR

Never mind we have the mighty San Marino to waste are time with next.
England v Albania on 23:54 - Nov 13 with 1759 viewsLazyFan

Mount is so over-rated.
How he has picked in the recent past above these lot I will never know:

Foden
Grealish
Sterling
Henderson
Bellingham

Because he has been picked above these players before.
Crackers that.

Even if you subscribe to the idea that you want a box to box midfielder who may create a chance, get a goal or at least drive the ball upfield, is he really any better than Lingard for England? The answer is no.

I would say even Ward-Prowse should be ahead of him. He's at Sancho's level for England and that's when Sancho does not play well. Mount is an average England player, in a squad that has exceptional talent. He shouldn't even really make the squad as that deprives another player who could be picked instead.

If you want a player who could do something for England who is a Chelsea player, then Hudson-Odoi is better than Mount, even for Chelsea!

zzzzzzzzzz

England v Albania on 08:34 - Nov 14 with 1671 viewsTGRRRSSS

HUdson Odoi has picked up a bit this season, and I was a bit surprised Southgate didnt pick him for this squad, and get his nailed in for England as selection rules have changed and he can still play for.... I think Ghana???
England v Albania on 09:27 - Nov 14 with 1615 viewsMaggsinho

England v Albania on 08:34 - Nov 14 by TGRRRSSS

HUdson Odoi has picked up a bit this season, and I was a bit surprised Southgate didnt pick him for this squad, and get his nailed in for England as selection rules have changed and he can still play for.... I think Ghana???

He was called up to the U21s but turned it down so suspect he’s in the doghouse a bit.

I see Conor Gallagher has been called up this morning.
England v Albania on 09:53 - Nov 14 with 1585 viewstraininvain

England v Albania on 23:54 - Nov 13 by LazyFan

Mount is so over-rated.
How he has picked in the recent past above these lot I will never know:

Foden
Grealish
Sterling
Henderson
Bellingham

Because he has been picked above these players before.
Crackers that.

Even if you subscribe to the idea that you want a box to box midfielder who may create a chance, get a goal or at least drive the ball upfield, is he really any better than Lingard for England? The answer is no.

I would say even Ward-Prowse should be ahead of him. He's at Sancho's level for England and that's when Sancho does not play well. Mount is an average England player, in a squad that has exceptional talent. He shouldn't even really make the squad as that deprives another player who could be picked instead.

If you want a player who could do something for England who is a Chelsea player, then Hudson-Odoi is better than Mount, even for Chelsea!

Most Chelsea fans I know rate Mount very highly. But I would agree that his appearances for England have generally been disappointing, albeit he’s playing as part of a rigid system which is more about team cohesion than individual brilliance (basically modern football).

Bit mad to suggest that Hudson-Odoi’s a better player though. Wasn’t he sat on the bench (if he was lucky) while Mount was helping the scum win the champions league last season.

I suspect the reason why Tuchel and Southgate both like Mount is a combination of his technical ability, work rate and he’s capable of adapting to play in different systems. Don’t underestimate the last one which is increasingly important in the modern game.
England v Albania on 10:06 - Nov 14 with 1566 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Albania on 09:53 - Nov 14 by traininvain

Most Chelsea fans I know rate Mount very highly. But I would agree that his appearances for England have generally been disappointing, albeit he’s playing as part of a rigid system which is more about team cohesion than individual brilliance (basically modern football).

Bit mad to suggest that Hudson-Odoi’s a better player though. Wasn’t he sat on the bench (if he was lucky) while Mount was helping the scum win the champions league last season.

I suspect the reason why Tuchel and Southgate both like Mount is a combination of his technical ability, work rate and he’s capable of adapting to play in different systems. Don’t underestimate the last one which is increasingly important in the modern game.

Even though it's fun, I think in general we (football fans) need to stop pinning all our frustrations on one player or manager as if their inclusion or exclusion is a magic bullet to success.

We become fixated until a point of no return where it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2021 12:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024