Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup Playoffs Draw 16:45 - Nov 26 with 1646 viewsToast_R

Final draw

Wales or Austria v Scotland or Ukraine

Russia v Poland v Sweden or Czech Republic

Portugal or Turkey v Italy or North Macedonia

Tasty - this means either Italy or Portugal will not qualify for the World Cup. Italy will be the away team too. Unthinkiable that they they could miss out on two consecutive World Cups.

Potentially Wales v Scotland will face off in Cardiff for a place which will be huge. I bet they both flunk out in their semis though.
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 1616 viewsSnipper

Wales and Scotland have got a dream draw there. It could’ve been so much worse.
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 17:04 - Nov 26 with 1582 viewsozranger

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 16:50 - Nov 26 by Snipper

I think Wales are licking their lips with the easier of the two teams. Scotland have the wood over Austria. And for Wales to host the Final will make it one hell of a match if both them and Scotland make it through.
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 17:05 - Nov 26 with 1574 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ukraine will be tricky for Scotland, so not sure on that one - not the team they once were but still very capable I think.

Personally think Italy will edge it against Portugal - might that be Ronaldo's last game for Portugal?
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 17:54 - Nov 26 with 1510 viewsdaveB

Hopefully Italy get knocked out again as they'd be a threat at the World Cup. One less to worry about if they go now.

Scotland have a great chance, have to fancy them at home to Ukraine.
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 18:01 - Nov 26 with 1492 viewsextratimeR

Wales have had some appalling "Sunderland like" Refereeing decisions go against them in Word Cup? eliminators against Scotland over the years, (Joe Jordan at least once), with the "handball that never was.

(I'm not Scottish or Welsh so am on slightly dodgy ground memory wise).

Two matches in Cardiff, so they have all to play for, (I have seen Austria a couple of times, (don't ask), they are appalling).
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 19:07 - Nov 26 with 1408 viewsterryb

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 18:01 - Nov 26 by extratimeR

Wales have had some appalling "Sunderland like" Refereeing decisions go against them in Word Cup? eliminators against Scotland over the years, (Joe Jordan at least once), with the "handball that never was.

(I'm not Scottish or Welsh so am on slightly dodgy ground memory wise).

Two matches in Cardiff, so they have all to play for, (I have seen Austria a couple of times, (don't ask), they are appalling).

Wales - Scotland World Cup group match for the 1978 finals played at Anfield as no ground in Wales was big enough. A draw would be enough for Wales to qualify, while a win would puit Scotland through.

Incredibly Scotland were awarded a penalty after Joe Jordan punched the ball in the Welsh penalty area & they went on to win 2-0. Perhaps revenge will be in the air this season!
World Cup Playoffs Draw on 00:08 - Nov 27 with 1213 viewsCamberleyR

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 19:07 - Nov 26 by terryb

Wales - Scotland World Cup group match for the 1978 finals played at Anfield as no ground in Wales was big enough. A draw would be enough for Wales to qualify, while a win would puit Scotland through.

Incredibly Scotland were awarded a penalty after Joe Jordan punched the ball in the Welsh penalty area & they went on to win 2-0. Perhaps revenge will be in the air this season!

If you look at the video of that 'goal' you'll also see before Jordan handballed it that Willie Johnston takes a clear foul throw that the linesman misses that puts the ball in the area in the first place.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 06:11 - Nov 27 with 1116 viewsSydneyRs

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 17:05 - Nov 26 by TGRRRSSS

Ukraine will be tricky for Scotland, so not sure on that one - not the team they once were but still very capable I think.

Personally think Italy will edge it against Portugal - might that be Ronaldo's last game for Portugal?

Would love it if Italy missed out.
Login to get fewer ads

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 08:50 - Nov 27 with 1051 viewslondonscottish

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 16:50 - Nov 26 by Snipper

Yes, about as "easy" as it could get for Scotland.

They've been overcoming the odds so far but they'll have to play out of their skins/have a far dose of luck to get through.

Anyway, it's been a good run so far and certainly not boring to watch. Quite QPR-like in a lot of ways.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 09:36 - Nov 27 with 1002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 06:11 - Nov 27 by SydneyRs

Would love it if Italy missed out.

Portugal to lose out, pleeeeease.

Not sure I've ever disliked an International team as much. Pepe (on the pitch) and Cristiano Ronaldo (on and off it) are loathsome.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 10:54 - Nov 27 with 936 viewsdistortR

World Cup Playoffs Draw on 17:05 - Nov 26 by TGRRRSSS

Ukraine didn't lose a game in qualifying, but only won two - both away from home.

During a complicated exchange of texts with Karl, I unintentionally formed a deal with the devil, whereby Hibs and Scotland losing ensures good results for QPR..............

Them losing to Ukraine might push us above Bournemouth, especially if it's a contentious VAR decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024