Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Wijs out until New Year... 19:45 - Nov 26 with 3470 viewsMyke

...According to WLS. We really need to look at reinforcements in the window. We are one more injury or a suspension away from a defensive crisis.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:35 - Nov 27 with 898 viewsdmm

So far this season our CBs have worked well despite de Wijs being unavailable for almost 2/3 of games and Masterson out on loan meaning cover has been thin. But what happens should Dickie, Dunne or Barbet become injured for any length of time?

There's a feeling Masterson is not quite up to scratch and de Wijs is as likely as not to continue to have injury issues. I'm not at all sure Gubbins is ready for an extended step up. That leaves Ball or Kakay as first team auxiliary CBs, both of whom have played there, but only as a stopgap measure.

I feel if de Wijs can be glued back together to last the second half of the season all well and good, but if we're to keep up our push for a top 6 finish, we need to get this right.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:39 - Nov 27 with 884 viewsLazyFan

Kakay can fill in.

What we need is a LB. Wallace can be injured anytime and Sam is not ours. Seems Niko wont make it and possibly we can raise some cash selling him to LA.

We need to bed in a new LB for next season so, we should buy a LB who is young and hungry that Wallace can mentor for next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:44 - Nov 27 with 875 viewsdistortR

De Wijs out until New Year... on 02:40 - Nov 27 by EmpireStateRanger

It seems that Masterson hasn’t done enough to be the CB Warbs and staff thought he’d become. A shame. This would be the perfect spot for him to step up.

tbh, when Masterson came in he looked good because of the form of those around him, imho.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:55 - Nov 27 with 848 viewsbosh67

De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:44 - Nov 27 by distortR

tbh, when Masterson came in he looked good because of the form of those around him, imho.

Agreed, Masterson I think is the real deal. Just needed game time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:55 - Nov 27 with 847 viewsdistortR

De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:55 - Nov 27 by bosh67

Agreed, Masterson I think is the real deal. Just needed game time.

My friend, we certainly do not agree then!
De Wijs out until New Year... on 11:08 - Nov 27 with 806 viewsbosh67

De Wijs out until New Year... on 10:55 - Nov 27 by distortR

My friend, we certainly do not agree then!

I think he has real potential. Very comfortable on the ball. Raw of course but I thought there was a lot to come from him. He's 6 foot 3 now as well. Has put on weight and muscle. Seems to be doing very well at Cambridge and getting game time. I have in my head that Dickie, Dunne and Masterson may one day end up being the back three if we do for any reason lose Barbet. Dunne is 6 foot 1 and Dickie is 6 foot 4. So height wise a good mix if needed.

Ball is 6 foot 2 and Sam Field is just under 6 foot 3. Gubbins is also well over 6 foot. Ball and Field can play CB.

We may disagree but I still think Masterson is a good prospect and a much bigger and muscular version of the player we saw last year.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

De Wijs out until New Year... on 11:13 - Nov 27 with 796 viewsdistortR

De Wijs out until New Year... on 11:08 - Nov 27 by bosh67

I think he has real potential. Very comfortable on the ball. Raw of course but I thought there was a lot to come from him. He's 6 foot 3 now as well. Has put on weight and muscle. Seems to be doing very well at Cambridge and getting game time. I have in my head that Dickie, Dunne and Masterson may one day end up being the back three if we do for any reason lose Barbet. Dunne is 6 foot 1 and Dickie is 6 foot 4. So height wise a good mix if needed.

Ball is 6 foot 2 and Sam Field is just under 6 foot 3. Gubbins is also well over 6 foot. Ball and Field can play CB.

We may disagree but I still think Masterson is a good prospect and a much bigger and muscular version of the player we saw last year.

I really hope so Bosh, but I haven't seen it yet - but haven't seen him play this season either.

I think our third centre back needs a bit of pace about him, I'm going all libero.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 12:19 - Nov 27 with 737 viewsMyke

Masterson is an interesting one. Bit disappointed tbh. If you were to make a comparison between him and Dunne - both let go by premier league clubs - you would have to say that -bar the odd error - Dunne has adapted to the Championship much quicker and more effectively than Masterson. To the point that I would play him now before a fully fit De Wijs. Masterson started so brightly almost two years ago now, that Warburton delayed his loans plans and then again last year's loan was sabotaged by injury. So hopefully this extended run of game time at Cambridge will really benefit him . If/when he comes back, it will be a really important time for him to prove himself.
Login to get fewer ads

De Wijs out until New Year... on 13:35 - Nov 27 with 654 viewsToast_R

If you were a betting person, what would you have as being De Wijs's favourite cheese being a Dutchman an all?

I reckon if you asked Barbet, he'd be a three cheese platter man with Roquefort just edging past Brie and Camembert as his favoured choice.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 13:45]
De Wijs out until New Year... on 13:52 - Nov 27 with 626 viewsnix

De Wijs out until New Year... on 12:19 - Nov 27 by Myke

Masterson is an interesting one. Bit disappointed tbh. If you were to make a comparison between him and Dunne - both let go by premier league clubs - you would have to say that -bar the odd error - Dunne has adapted to the Championship much quicker and more effectively than Masterson. To the point that I would play him now before a fully fit De Wijs. Masterson started so brightly almost two years ago now, that Warburton delayed his loans plans and then again last year's loan was sabotaged by injury. So hopefully this extended run of game time at Cambridge will really benefit him . If/when he comes back, it will be a really important time for him to prove himself.

I don't think Dunne was released by Burnley, I think he refused a new contract because he wasn't getting enough game time.

I'm not sure about Masterson. Just a bit worried that he makes too many mistakes or loses concentration. As you say though, this might have improved during his loan spell.
De Wijs out until New Year... on 15:07 - Nov 27 with 577 viewsgolborne

De Wijs out until New Year... on 00:42 - Nov 27 by Hunterhoop

We didn’t play a 4 in either of those games. Fulham we had Dickie, De Wijs and Barbet with Odubajo and McCallum on the flanks. Dunne came on for the latter and Barbet went wing back. Dickie, Dunne, Barbet player against Blackpool.

4 is an option. We played it second half against Barnsley, I believe. Only time this season, I think.

The way I saw it against Blackpool was we switched to 442 at halftime when Moses went off. Kakay went to right back behind, but often went past Albert up the wing. Either that, or he didn’t get the memo on how to play at centre back. Might have been the disarray of the day, but felt that way against Fulham once we went 2-1 down. Needs must and all that, but I’d rather play kakay in a 3 if we get an injury. At least he has more pace than the others, so what you lose with one hand..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024