Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea 14:03 - Dec 13 with 5079 viewsSuperhoop83

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-v-swansea-city-ch

Suffering since 1978.

Swansea on 14:52 - Dec 13 with 4858 viewsPinnerPaul

Saves me wrestling with passport thingy again I guess
Swansea on 15:04 - Dec 13 with 4798 viewsstowmarketrange

Swansea on 14:52 - Dec 13 by PinnerPaul

Saves me wrestling with passport thingy again I guess

And the tube strike too.
Swansea on 15:22 - Dec 13 with 4717 viewspaulhoop2

Just get all the bloody players vaccinated it infuriates me that players in this country don’t want to do it! I know it don’t stop transmission but would defo help in the stop of it . ( please don’t start Anti or pro vax thread ) just stating frustration at what seems a strange attitude from players globally.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Swansea on 15:35 - Dec 13 with 4658 viewsdaveB

Swansea on 15:22 - Dec 13 by paulhoop2

Just get all the bloody players vaccinated it infuriates me that players in this country don’t want to do it! I know it don’t stop transmission but would defo help in the stop of it . ( please don’t start Anti or pro vax thread ) just stating frustration at what seems a strange attitude from players globally.

players probably reflect society in general, will always have some who are skeptical and don't want the vaccine
Swansea on 15:56 - Dec 13 with 4569 viewsCorbyQPR

Why is it your business what another person chooses to have injected in to them? I'm not interested if you've been vaccinated or not, completely your choice & I would never want it any other way.
Swansea on 16:55 - Dec 13 with 4352 viewsbosh67

I am very surprised that the entire squad isn't at least double jabbed. Seems like asking for trouble that they aren't!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Swansea on 17:09 - Dec 13 with 4268 viewsed_83

The fact there are multiple unvaccinated players really shocked me too. I know medical decisions are personal to some extent, but you'd hope that people whose entire careers rely on their physical health, and who work every day with sports scientists, nutritionists and physiotherapists, would more a bit more scientifically knowledgeable or engaged than the average person on the street. Really hope that none of them get seriously ill as a result - everything I've read suggests that a decent percentage of the people currently filling ICUs are relatively young and otherwise healthy but unvaccinated.
Swansea on 17:15 - Dec 13 with 4223 viewsdaveB

Swansea on 17:09 - Dec 13 by ed_83

The fact there are multiple unvaccinated players really shocked me too. I know medical decisions are personal to some extent, but you'd hope that people whose entire careers rely on their physical health, and who work every day with sports scientists, nutritionists and physiotherapists, would more a bit more scientifically knowledgeable or engaged than the average person on the street. Really hope that none of them get seriously ill as a result - everything I've read suggests that a decent percentage of the people currently filling ICUs are relatively young and otherwise healthy but unvaccinated.

A lot of footballers will feel that as they are not in the at risk category they won't need or want this.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea on 18:39 - Dec 13 with 3992 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Swansea on 15:56 - Dec 13 by CorbyQPR

Why is it your business what another person chooses to have injected in to them? I'm not interested if you've been vaccinated or not, completely your choice & I would never want it any other way.

Err, is the answer: it’s a pandemic?

Therefore from a global/public health perspective, it’s in everyone’s interest that people are vaccinated as much as it’s better if people observe mask wearing and social distancing.

Put it bluntly in terms that I trust will explain the importance of people respecting and understanding the need for a collective response, governments issue rules to stop people drinking and driving. They do this for a variety of reasons but the public health aspect is one i.e. drunk drivers are likely to kill not just themselves but others, and burden everything from the medical services to increased insurance costs...for the rest of us who don’t drive drunk.

What you’re arguing is akin to a person saying after drinking five pints and getting behind the wheel, but it’s my right to drive while ignoring the increased risks they pose to others. In both situations: the ignorance/actions of one, can have existential impacts on many others.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 18:45]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Swansea on 18:41 - Dec 13 with 3982 viewsed_83

Right, the likelihood of them ending up in hospital from covid is lower than if they were 75 and morbidly obese, but plenty of people under 40 without pre-existing health conditions have died or been left with long-term issues, often because they didn't get vaccinated.

Just seems like an insane risk to take, particularly for people whose entire careers (not to mention their families' long-term financial security) rest on them remaining physically fit.

(sorry, that's in reply to you, daveb)
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 18:42]
Swansea on 21:55 - Dec 13 with 3591 viewsWesty75

Swansea on 17:15 - Dec 13 by daveB

A lot of footballers will feel that as they are not in the at risk category they won't need or want this.

That and a bit too much spare time to spend reading crazy shit on social media.
Swansea on 22:03 - Dec 13 with 3555 viewsGloryHunter

Swansea on 17:15 - Dec 13 by daveB

Professional footballers as a species have never been renowned for their education or intellect. Our current squad seem to be continuing that noble tradition.
Swansea on 22:16 - Dec 13 with 3498 viewsE17hoop

42 positive tests in the PL in the last 7 days. I've a horrible feeling we're falling back into the well.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Swansea on 22:39 - Dec 13 with 3429 viewsderbyhoop

Avg age of players about 27.
Avg vax rates in UK for 27yo.? Less than 60%?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Swansea on 22:42 - Dec 13 with 3410 viewsdistortR

Swansea on 22:03 - Dec 13 by GloryHunter

Professional footballers as a species have never been renowned for their education or intellect. Our current squad seem to be continuing that noble tradition.

I take it that it's pure conjecture how many aren't vaccinated and if it is, in fact, unvaccinated players with covid?
Lots of covid on the island at the moment, most people I know with it are vaccinated, as I am.
Some players may well be worried about the risk of myocarditis in relation to the vaccine, which disproportionately affects young males. It's a choice they have to make and should be allowed to make for themselves, and insulting their intellect is unnecessary and condescending.
Swansea on 22:53 - Dec 13 with 3345 viewsWhip_It

Personal choice about medical treatment is at the very heart of medical ethics, so regardless of how much they earn, how much we want them to perform or any other consideration, footballers - like the rest of us - are entitled to the freedom to choose and the freedom to put their own health concerns first.
Swansea on 00:07 - Dec 14 with 3207 viewsdaveB

Swansea on 21:55 - Dec 13 by Westy75

That and a bit too much spare time to spend reading crazy shit on social media.

they are not alone in that as this forum proves at times
Swansea on 00:26 - Dec 14 with 3157 viewskensalriser

Swansea on 22:42 - Dec 13 by distortR

I take it that it's pure conjecture how many aren't vaccinated and if it is, in fact, unvaccinated players with covid?
Lots of covid on the island at the moment, most people I know with it are vaccinated, as I am.
Some players may well be worried about the risk of myocarditis in relation to the vaccine, which disproportionately affects young males. It's a choice they have to make and should be allowed to make for themselves, and insulting their intellect is unnecessary and condescending.

Risk from myocarditis is minuscule, far lower than the risks of getting seriously ill with covid (no fatalities):

"As of 17 November 2021, the overall reporting rate across all age groups for myocarditis following vaccination with the Pfizer vaccine is 10 per million doses; for pericarditis, it’s 7 per million doses. For Moderna, the overall reporting rate for myocarditis is 36 per million doses; for pericarditis, it’s 21 per million doses."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-co

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swansea on 07:15 - Dec 14 with 2964 viewsdistortR

Swansea on 00:26 - Dec 14 by kensalriser

Risk from myocarditis is minuscule, far lower than the risks of getting seriously ill with covid (no fatalities):

"As of 17 November 2021, the overall reporting rate across all age groups for myocarditis following vaccination with the Pfizer vaccine is 10 per million doses; for pericarditis, it’s 7 per million doses. For Moderna, the overall reporting rate for myocarditis is 36 per million doses; for pericarditis, it’s 21 per million doses."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-co

I'd agree mate, but my point is there is a risk, who knows if it's heightened in sportsmen?
We don't know what info the players are getting, and from what sources? Again, it comes down to trust, and authority has a deficit of that right now. Alloyed to that is all the alternative sources of 'information' available. We know that Brook Jackson is a whistle-blower from the research company that conducted trials for pfizer, how credible she is, I don't know. We also know that, in America, the FDA has said it won't release all the data it used to license the vaccine for another 56 years. Now, this may be standard, the trouble is all we seem to hear is rumours on the wind. And when someone like Assange comes along and tries to show how things really are, authority decrees him a criminal. Confidence building, that.

So, my argument is, the players have a right to make their own decision, weighing up the pro's and con's as they see them. I made that choice, and got the vaccination.
Swansea on 08:54 - Dec 14 with 2758 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-mark-warburton-covid-jabs

Warbs thoughts.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Swansea on 11:16 - Dec 14 with 2550 viewswood_hoop

Swansea on 08:54 - Dec 14 by HAYESBOY

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-mark-warburton-covid-jabs

Warbs thoughts.

I wonder if it will become mandatory, the players are not medical staff, doctors nurses care workers etc, where I can understand the stronger stance.

Footballers may do mental health a certain amount good in various ways , unlike those I mention above there are plenty who would be only too happy to take their place if the jabs become mandatory and they decline.

If games are continually cancelled and the financial impact keeps hitting clubs, as the saying goes 'money talks' and no matter how good and entertaining some players may be It could.become a 'catch 22' situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024