Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 40329 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 14:33 - Jan 7 with 2826 viewsHunterhoop

It’s a pandemic with a really incompetent bunch of people in govt. That’s it. Too many people assume govts or “they” are sinister, shady, manipulative, smart, slick group of people driven by some unknown, but bad, agenda. Films and TV reinforce this view. In reality The Thick Of It was far closer to the mark. They are just disorganised, vain, fools, scrambling to hold up the pretence that they know what they’re doing, whilst also having families, children, etc, to live with and look after.

If they were competent, they wouldn’t be in politics given it’s pay versus the private sector. If they weren’t vain and power hungry, they wouldn’t want a job so intrusive to one’s private life.

And even if one govt was slick and shady, the idea they could collude effectively with any other govts on a global pandemic (or to manipulate one), let alone collude with almost all of them, is ridiculous.

The only people worth listening to are professional, qualified, practicing scientists and doctors across the world. Professionals from all countries and backgrounds with no agenda. They are not one “group”. They do not want power. They professionals in this area, experts, who, in their vast majority, support vaccination, having reviewed the data and the vaccines themselves, and who themselves are taking the vaccine, even if they didn’t personally develop it.

If I get an extension built, I listen to the architecture and builder, not some bloke in the pub. If I go to a parents evening, I listen to the teacher, not another kid in my child’s class. If I get cancer, I listen to the doctor treating me not, a bus driver. If I break my leg, I trust the surgeon, wherever in the world, as to the surgery needed rather than attempt the surgery myself. There are millions of these examples. Why is vaccines suddenly one area where people don’t want to trust the experts?! It’s Darwinian. No vaccine is ever 100% full proof with no side affects. No medicine is either. But if the odds of negative side effects are lower than those of negative effects from catching the virus, you vaccine. That has been proven with the vaccines. And remember, vaccines don’t stop a virus entering you, they just equip your body to defeat it with minimal impact. As a virus gets defeated quickly, rather than incubate in a living host, it’s chance to transmit reduces, and so it can over a long time be broadly eradicated or suppressed (depending on how transmissible it is). This one is very transmissible so I’d suggest it’s suppression not eradication we’re looking at. But if everyone had the vaccine we could all live broadly normally again.

The world has become obsessed with finding an angle or alternative answer for why something has happened, when most of the time it’s staring you in the face: shit happens (pandemics, earthquakes, floods, terrorism, etc) that we have to deal with in life, and we, and many countries, are governed by some incompetent, vain people struggling to manage it all, whilst pretending otherwise. Same the world over. In March 2020 you thought the govt was inept. Why do you think that’s not the case now?

You can disagree with govt policy and decisions, but this anti-vaxx thing is just bizarre.
Well Done Australia on 14:41 - Jan 7 with 2793 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"And this is one of the points - if the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or passing on the virus ..."

Vaccines DO stop you from getting the virus in 85-95% of cases, and therefore stop you from passing it on.

Surely, we can all agree on this at least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Australia on 14:42 - Jan 7 with 2791 viewsJuzzie

"And I hope noone says "It's because the health service will be overwhelmed if everyone isn't vaccinated", because that's just plain rubbish IMHO. Firstly, the health service won't be overwhelmed by the minority of unvaccinated"

Beast..., approx 60% of the population are at the booster stage (and that itself various region to region and amongst different cultures too) meaning 40% are yet to get there.
We are not yet at a minority level.

The NHS is currently struggling. Not just because of people going in (which has risen sharply in the last couple of months) but by staff shortages too due to the staff catching the damn thing themselves. This is why medics from the armed forces are now going into hospitals to help. Just go on the BBC or ITV News (other websites are available) and see for yourself. Or is it all just more lies?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 14:57]
Well Done Australia on 14:46 - Jan 7 with 2738 viewsSonofpugwash

Well Done Australia on 14:33 - Jan 7 by Hunterhoop

It’s a pandemic with a really incompetent bunch of people in govt. That’s it. Too many people assume govts or “they” are sinister, shady, manipulative, smart, slick group of people driven by some unknown, but bad, agenda. Films and TV reinforce this view. In reality The Thick Of It was far closer to the mark. They are just disorganised, vain, fools, scrambling to hold up the pretence that they know what they’re doing, whilst also having families, children, etc, to live with and look after.

If they were competent, they wouldn’t be in politics given it’s pay versus the private sector. If they weren’t vain and power hungry, they wouldn’t want a job so intrusive to one’s private life.

And even if one govt was slick and shady, the idea they could collude effectively with any other govts on a global pandemic (or to manipulate one), let alone collude with almost all of them, is ridiculous.

The only people worth listening to are professional, qualified, practicing scientists and doctors across the world. Professionals from all countries and backgrounds with no agenda. They are not one “group”. They do not want power. They professionals in this area, experts, who, in their vast majority, support vaccination, having reviewed the data and the vaccines themselves, and who themselves are taking the vaccine, even if they didn’t personally develop it.

If I get an extension built, I listen to the architecture and builder, not some bloke in the pub. If I go to a parents evening, I listen to the teacher, not another kid in my child’s class. If I get cancer, I listen to the doctor treating me not, a bus driver. If I break my leg, I trust the surgeon, wherever in the world, as to the surgery needed rather than attempt the surgery myself. There are millions of these examples. Why is vaccines suddenly one area where people don’t want to trust the experts?! It’s Darwinian. No vaccine is ever 100% full proof with no side affects. No medicine is either. But if the odds of negative side effects are lower than those of negative effects from catching the virus, you vaccine. That has been proven with the vaccines. And remember, vaccines don’t stop a virus entering you, they just equip your body to defeat it with minimal impact. As a virus gets defeated quickly, rather than incubate in a living host, it’s chance to transmit reduces, and so it can over a long time be broadly eradicated or suppressed (depending on how transmissible it is). This one is very transmissible so I’d suggest it’s suppression not eradication we’re looking at. But if everyone had the vaccine we could all live broadly normally again.

The world has become obsessed with finding an angle or alternative answer for why something has happened, when most of the time it’s staring you in the face: shit happens (pandemics, earthquakes, floods, terrorism, etc) that we have to deal with in life, and we, and many countries, are governed by some incompetent, vain people struggling to manage it all, whilst pretending otherwise. Same the world over. In March 2020 you thought the govt was inept. Why do you think that’s not the case now?

You can disagree with govt policy and decisions, but this anti-vaxx thing is just bizarre.

Bizarre?Wanting to stay alive and intact is bizarre?
The only "professionals " I listen to are market analysts .I have said on this board about the need to follow the money - that's the real truth.Watch Astra Zeneca shares - and Pfizer-
and CNN (which are virtually worthless).Advertisers determine The Truth and if there is any discontent then they won't subscribe to certain versions of it.
Wake up and smell the cornflakes.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Well Done Australia on 14:49 - Jan 7 with 2724 viewsSonofpugwash

Well Done Australia on 14:41 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"And this is one of the points - if the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or passing on the virus ..."

Vaccines DO stop you from getting the virus in 85-95% of cases, and therefore stop you from passing it on.

Surely, we can all agree on this at least.

No.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Well Done Australia on 14:53 - Jan 7 with 2729 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 14:49 - Jan 7 by Sonofpugwash

No.

Okey doke.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Australia on 15:07 - Jan 7 with 2697 viewsHunterhoop

Well Done Australia on 14:46 - Jan 7 by Sonofpugwash

Bizarre?Wanting to stay alive and intact is bizarre?
The only "professionals " I listen to are market analysts .I have said on this board about the need to follow the money - that's the real truth.Watch Astra Zeneca shares - and Pfizer-
and CNN (which are virtually worthless).Advertisers determine The Truth and if there is any discontent then they won't subscribe to certain versions of it.
Wake up and smell the cornflakes.

Vaccines help you stay alive. It is clinically proven by many separate studies authored by people who don’t have direct financial interest, unless you believe all independent scientists are on the take.

What’s more likely? That or some conspiracy theorists on the internet?

And of course their shares jumped. So what? Pfizer is a private company. They are making some profit off this. It’s a basic feature of publicly listed companies, that those performing well with increased profits will see share price increases as investors look for improved dividends.

It doesn’t mean the vaccines don’t help.
Well Done Australia on 15:12 - Jan 7 with 2650 viewsPhildo

Impressed this thread has made it to Friday afternoon the little scamp
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 15:36 - Jan 7 with 2615 viewsJuzzie

Well Done Australia on 15:12 - Jan 7 by Phildo

Impressed this thread has made it to Friday afternoon the little scamp

Yeah, I think we're at the point where everyone has made their points clear and no one is going to deviate away from that.

Best maybe to close it, and inevitably await the next new thread that will ultimately go in the same direction (with contributions from myself too no doubt!).
Well Done Australia on 15:46 - Jan 7 with 2572 viewsmikechaj

Must be hard to smell cornflakes when you’re that far down the rabbit hole.
Well Done Australia on 16:13 - Jan 7 with 2501 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 13:43 - Jan 7 by Sonofpugwash

Apparently there's a leaked document revealing that states unvaccinated tennis players would be allowed a visa and could play at Aussie tournaments.
A big official f*ck up resulted in this farce.
I'm also hearing that in Northern Territories you cant go out to exercise /go to work if you're unvaxxed.Is this true Aussie supporters?

‘Apparently’, ‘I’m hearing’ etc. Wake up and smell the cornflakes indeed.
Well Done Australia on 16:27 - Jan 7 with 2458 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 15:07 - Jan 7 by Hunterhoop

Vaccines help you stay alive. It is clinically proven by many separate studies authored by people who don’t have direct financial interest, unless you believe all independent scientists are on the take.

What’s more likely? That or some conspiracy theorists on the internet?

And of course their shares jumped. So what? Pfizer is a private company. They are making some profit off this. It’s a basic feature of publicly listed companies, that those performing well with increased profits will see share price increases as investors look for improved dividends.

It doesn’t mean the vaccines don’t help.

I ended up in a coma after taking the flu vaccine in 2017, which I didn't particularly feel I needed to take, but felt pressure from my employer, so went along with it. The illness I suffered still has an impact on my life now, I haven't had a flu vaccine since, my GP agrees this is sensible.

I'm in a situation now where my employer is saying I must take the vaccine or risk losing my job. I'm in the middle of buying my first house, and my girlfriend is pregnant.

So if I get the vaccine and have a bad reaction, who supports my woman and child?
If I don't get the vaccine and lose my job, who supports my woman and child?

All of this over an infection I've probably already had, and didn't notice.

Given my medical profile I'm being referred down the medical exemption route - But I'm just not sure whether this will let me sit next to Mikechaj at the West Brom game or not?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Well Done Australia on 17:20 - Jan 7 with 2380 viewsJuzzie

Hi Sheff..... I think your employer is on very shaky ground.

Best of luck and with the house move & impending fatherhood!
Well Done Australia on 21:42 - Jan 7 with 2171 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 17:20 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

Hi Sheff..... I think your employer is on very shaky ground.

Best of luck and with the house move & impending fatherhood!

Thanks !

Currently yes, shaky ground - But on April 1st the law is set to change - So I officially have until 3rd of Feb to get first dose, or I'm gonna be "unvaccinated" when the new law comes in. At that point full vaccination becomes a condition of employment, so hopefully I'll have been made exempt by then. I do know the process for exemptions has not yet been finalised which is slightly worrying given yesterday was the beginning of a 12-week "Grace period" for "the unvaccinated"

Knowing my employer, the notion of them firing anybody seems somewhat unlikely, at the moment they're practically begging qualified people to work (Vaccinated or not) to cover high levels of absence (mostly vaccinated, over 90% of full time staff are). Interested to see how this plays out for the organisation. The remaining unvaxxed staff, including my baby mama, generally seem willing to walk out on April 1st - Or will go on long term sick (Or Maternity in our case) and play the system that way. But for my personal situation, it's a worry.

I suppose if the vaccine does go wrong I might be entitled to a one-off £120,000 vaccine damage payment - just so long as I'm at least 60% disabled by it. How could anyone object to that

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Well Done Australia on 01:32 - Jan 8 with 2039 viewsSharpy36

So pleased this Anti-vaxxer is not sitting next to me

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Well Done Australia on 07:29 - Jan 8 with 1944 viewstraininvain

I’m curious what the anti vaxxers on this thread think of this type of behaviour.

Well Done Australia on 08:09 - Jan 8 with 1905 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 07:29 - Jan 8 by traininvain

I’m curious what the anti vaxxers on this thread think of this type of behaviour.

mate, some of the anti-vaxxers are barking, and some of them who like to throw around these horrible, crass insults are on that side of the political spectrum anyway.

But I do think it's important to get some perspective - not everyone who thinks vaccines shouldn't be mandatory is an anti-vaxxer as such.

I have a couple of good friends who have chosen not to get vaxxed without talking this bullshit - i'm fine with that, I'm vaxxed and boosted.

I see a woman in America was arrested after shoving her 13 year old son, who she believed to have covid, in the boot of her car in order to 'safely' take him to the testing station.

I see people advocating not treating unvaxxed people who catch covid - thin end of the wedge, that.

My point being, it should be about personal choice, and informed debate is much more likely to change someone's mind then the current trend of pigeonholing anyone that disagrees with you (Not you personally, TiV). Push people into a corner and you are far more likely to push them into the arms of people who aren't very nice.

That lot on the tweet, horrible people getting the attention they crave.
Well Done Australia on 08:21 - Jan 8 with 1887 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 08:09 - Jan 8 by distortR

mate, some of the anti-vaxxers are barking, and some of them who like to throw around these horrible, crass insults are on that side of the political spectrum anyway.

But I do think it's important to get some perspective - not everyone who thinks vaccines shouldn't be mandatory is an anti-vaxxer as such.

I have a couple of good friends who have chosen not to get vaxxed without talking this bullshit - i'm fine with that, I'm vaxxed and boosted.

I see a woman in America was arrested after shoving her 13 year old son, who she believed to have covid, in the boot of her car in order to 'safely' take him to the testing station.

I see people advocating not treating unvaxxed people who catch covid - thin end of the wedge, that.

My point being, it should be about personal choice, and informed debate is much more likely to change someone's mind then the current trend of pigeonholing anyone that disagrees with you (Not you personally, TiV). Push people into a corner and you are far more likely to push them into the arms of people who aren't very nice.

That lot on the tweet, horrible people getting the attention they crave.

Fair points and I do understand that there’s a spectrum with people not wanting the vaccine for various reasons some more reasonable than others.

I just watch videos like that one on Twitter and I can’t get my head around what I’m seeing. Do they genuinely believe in what they’re doing or is it purely attention seeking.

Anyway, good debate on here and hopefully we can all agree that people going into hospitals shouting at doctors and nurses about the vaccine and war crimes is not acceptable behaviour.
Well Done Australia on 08:26 - Jan 8 with 1875 viewswood_hoop

The problem is they now have 'Social Media to use as their platform, before it was a pile of phamplets and a few placards, the internet has as many foibles as the good it can bring.
Well Done Australia on 08:38 - Jan 8 with 1850 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 08:26 - Jan 8 by wood_hoop

The problem is they now have 'Social Media to use as their platform, before it was a pile of phamplets and a few placards, the internet has as many foibles as the good it can bring.

It's a double-edged sword isn't it! I don't have a twitter, facebook or any other account, read what a couple of people I find informative have to say (Chris Hedges and Glenn Greenwald), so I'm not really exposed to this stuff, I'm sure I'm missing interesting things as well.
Well Done Australia on 09:03 - Jan 8 with 1793 viewsnix

Well Done Australia on 07:29 - Jan 8 by traininvain

I'm not an anti vaxxer but seriously what a self important c*ck.

I struggle to understand anti vaxxers in general but this is another level. How can they really believe the pandemic is a hoax in the face of so much evidence? When over 100k people have died in the UK alone. It's amazing that they don't know people who've actually been ill with it. They're very lucky if so.

What a shame that all this energy isn't going on positive things, but on harrassing the poor woman who works for a hospital CEO.
Well Done Australia on 09:50 - Jan 8 with 1732 viewsthame_hoops

Well Done Australia on 16:27 - Jan 7 by SheffieldHoop

I ended up in a coma after taking the flu vaccine in 2017, which I didn't particularly feel I needed to take, but felt pressure from my employer, so went along with it. The illness I suffered still has an impact on my life now, I haven't had a flu vaccine since, my GP agrees this is sensible.

I'm in a situation now where my employer is saying I must take the vaccine or risk losing my job. I'm in the middle of buying my first house, and my girlfriend is pregnant.

So if I get the vaccine and have a bad reaction, who supports my woman and child?
If I don't get the vaccine and lose my job, who supports my woman and child?

All of this over an infection I've probably already had, and didn't notice.

Given my medical profile I'm being referred down the medical exemption route - But I'm just not sure whether this will let me sit next to Mikechaj at the West Brom game or not?

What a horrible situation mate, I’m sorry.
Heard similar from people who had bad reactions to the first covid jab and are terrified to get the 2nd, let alone a booster. I’m sure at some stage some exemptions will have to be bought in, with proof from a DR
I’ve had both, just delaying the booster as I tested positive in dec and have to wait 28 days, no rush for me. I’d rather more susceptible people get in ahead of me
Best of luck
Well Done Australia on 10:16 - Jan 8 with 1688 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well Done Australia on 09:03 - Jan 8 by nix

I'm not an anti vaxxer but seriously what a self important c*ck.

I struggle to understand anti vaxxers in general but this is another level. How can they really believe the pandemic is a hoax in the face of so much evidence? When over 100k people have died in the UK alone. It's amazing that they don't know people who've actually been ill with it. They're very lucky if so.

What a shame that all this energy isn't going on positive things, but on harrassing the poor woman who works for a hospital CEO.

They’re mad Nix, don’t try to understand.

Equally mad for me are the people at the other end of the spectrum who will gladly spend the rest of their lives “pumping their vains” with this stuff out of some sort of sense of duty. Most of us thankfully are somewhere in the middle asking questions.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well Done Australia on 10:24 - Jan 8 with 1674 viewsRangersw12

Me and my partner are both boosted but none of the kids (15,12 and 6) have had the jab .

We think the (small) risks outway the benefit of them having the jab. The 15 year old has already had Covid anyway so has anti bodies

Shedfield hoop awful situation for you to be in and hopefully your employer will see sense and good luck with the baby
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 12:17]
Well Done Australia on 10:37 - Jan 8 with 1662 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 10:16 - Jan 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

They’re mad Nix, don’t try to understand.

Equally mad for me are the people at the other end of the spectrum who will gladly spend the rest of their lives “pumping their vains” with this stuff out of some sort of sense of duty. Most of us thankfully are somewhere in the middle asking questions.

I hope people will listen to the scientists and experts who have spent many years studying and working in the field so that they could provide the best possible advice to the vast majority of us who don’t have a clue.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 10:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024