Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 40933 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 22:43 - Jan 8 with 2824 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 21:26 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, I hope you're right TK.

I really don't know. I'm very happy with the Irish Health Service's advice and performance, but you may of course also be correct that there is an alternative.

Easy there with the placating of the clinically insane though, Brian.

I'm no virologist but a good berocca and 8 hours on one's favourite 'chat-site' is hardly adequate.
Well Done Australia on 22:56 - Jan 8 with 2765 viewsQPR_Jim

Well Done Australia on 14:17 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

"But they are more likely to acquire and transmit, surely, by your own definition?". Not after 8 weeks, so I read Brian.

As I've said, I've been vaccinated so why would I worry about the unvaccinated? They cause no threat to me or anyone else. It's their choice. Leave them to it, but don't exclude them from anything because it makes no sense whatsoever to do so (and merely creates yet more division and hatred, which we certainly don't need).

I think the common ground we can find is that it appears fairly certain that vaccination does, thankfully, stop serious illness
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 14:27]

Where did you read about the 8 weeks, I can't find anything that confirms that the vaccine only last 8 weeks.
Well Done Australia on 22:58 - Jan 8 with 2752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 22:43 - Jan 8 by BklynRanger

Easy there with the placating of the clinically insane though, Brian.

I'm no virologist but a good berocca and 8 hours on one's favourite 'chat-site' is hardly adequate.

Berocca?

I drove one of them in Le Mans '64. She were yare my man, positively yare, I say.

What were we saying about the clinically insane?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Australia on 23:01 - Jan 8 with 2736 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 22:58 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Berocca?

I drove one of them in Le Mans '64. She were yare my man, positively yare, I say.

What were we saying about the clinically insane?

I do like the sound of this yare word I must say!...
Well Done Australia on 23:12 - Jan 8 with 2702 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 23:01 - Jan 8 by BklynRanger

I do like the sound of this yare word I must say!...

I rewatched 'The Philadelphia Story' last night. That film moved the phrase from a yachting one into general usage at the time.

Man, what a witty film!

I spelled it wrong, it seems.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Australia on 23:29 - Jan 8 with 2663 viewsBklynRanger

I like that - 'easy to handle, quick to the helm, soft, bright.' You can't beat any of that.

In a similar vein I was watching Caddyshack a couple of days ago and decided that the best line in the whole thing is 'Get your foot off the boat Spaulding!' Not the same poetry but there's just something about it.
Well Done Australia on 00:11 - Jan 9 with 2588 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well Done Australia on 21:26 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, I hope you're right TK.

I really don't know. I'm very happy with the Irish Health Service's advice and performance, but you may of course also be correct that there is an alternative.

Pint and a half of Guinness and boiled bacon and cabbage - twice a day is what I'm hearing Brian!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well Done Australia on 00:57 - Jan 9 with 2547 viewskensalriser

Well Done Australia on 21:18 - Jan 8 by tkqpr

Brian, i would rather the advice be, to take Vitamin D supplement (with K2), Vit C, Zinc, etc that will help 'booster' your immune system, which it does, especially in the winter months, rather than take a jab every 8 weeks, wouldn't you? Where are the medical and health experts that we see on TV advising us of this? Lets booster our immunity in a healthier way, surely thats best?

Having a jab every 8 weeks is insane. At what cost to the country and potentially at what cost to your future well being.

Providing you eat a reasonably nutritious diet, there's little to no evidence that vitamin supplements do anything for the immune system - and there's been a lot of peer reviewed research over many years.

On the other hand, vitamin supplements make a lot of money for the companies that sell them.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 0:57]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 02:35 - Jan 9 with 2480 viewskarl

Well Done Australia on 00:57 - Jan 9 by kensalriser

Providing you eat a reasonably nutritious diet, there's little to no evidence that vitamin supplements do anything for the immune system - and there's been a lot of peer reviewed research over many years.

On the other hand, vitamin supplements make a lot of money for the companies that sell them.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 0:57]

Where’s the least vitamin D, by sunlight, in the uk and where’s the least Covid deaths during winter months?
Aye

Don’t doubt a balanced diet is absolutely the best thing to prevent many manner of illness of course

Edit. Small population density North of Scotland also has high vaccine %
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 2:37]
Well Done Australia on 05:34 - Jan 9 with 2407 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 21:04 - Jan 8 by Hoopsie

Testing and isolating

Even if you are double / triple vaccinated you could still be infected, be asymptomatic or be sick (but mostly not seriously) and still you could pass it around to people around or close to you

Unfortunately notwithstanding the omicron variant we know that vaccination is not tantamount to being immune to the disease 100%, much that we like to think it is or to be, but it isn’t and not to be

So testing and isolating if you are tested positive is just being socially responsible especially to the people around you and your close contacts which always invariably means family friends mates etc

Vaccinated people with medical history could still contact the disease and could became very ill and strong young people with no history succumbed to the disease despite being fully vaccinated. That is why we still need Covid measures like sanitation, wearing masks, social distancing….

It is easy to say why should I care about the unvaccinated but surely you mean the anti-vax extremist as surely you would like to protect the innocent unvaccinated - babies, infants, toddlers - our young generation who can’t be vaccinated yet or people with serious medical issues that can’t be vaccinated but not by choice. There are cases where this group succumbed to the disease too, so it is very serious.

So if you do get symptoms go get tested and isolate if required. Care about others as much as yourself (or a little less is ok I guess)

Do the right thing?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 21:09]

".....protect the innocent unvaccinated - babies, infants, toddlers - our young generation who can’t be vaccinated yet.....". Seriously? This thing has little, if any, effect upon them.

Also, would you advocate doing all of this for flu? If not, then why would you do it for this?

Being reported this morning that evidence emerging that covid is now less deadly than flu. Some scientists saying that, consequently, we should now start to move away from mass vaccination of the population and only vaccinate the vulnerable. No more mass testing or isolation either. In other words, we should now start treating covid in the same way as we treat flu. Fingers crossed this is correct! It won't suit those who want the needless mass hysteria to continue, mind.....
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 5:51]
Well Done Australia on 05:59 - Jan 9 with 2397 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 22:56 - Jan 8 by QPR_Jim

Where did you read about the 8 weeks, I can't find anything that confirms that the vaccine only last 8 weeks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59840524

"The new data confirms that two doses of the AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines offers little protection against being infected with Omicron." On that basis, why all the fuss about the 'unvaccinated'? They're no more or less likely to cause you harm than the 'vaccinated'. It makes no sense whatsoever, much like restrictions and covid passports based on 'vaccination' status.....

I also read in various places, including the BBC website, in December that effectiveness of the booster at preventing acquisition and transmission falls by about 80% after 8 weeks. I'm not making it up, because that would just be silly. I'll try finding it again a bit later.

In any event, the news coming out from various sources this morning seems to be encouraging and makes all this a moot point because we could be seeing the end of mass vaccination, testing and isolation within the next few months. It's needless even now IMO, never mind in a few months

EDIT - Found one of the articles "The study also shows the jab's ability to stop people catching Omicron starts to wane 10 weeks after a booster dose....by between 15% and 25% after 10 weeks". It's 10 weeks, and up to 25% - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969

My mistake on 8 weeks and 80%, but presumably it continues to drop off after 10 weeks. In any event event, this will become an irrelevance if the news this morning has any truth in it....
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 6:21]
Well Done Australia (n/t) on 06:09 - Jan 9 with 2402 viewsQPsyR

Well Done Australia on 05:59 - Jan 9 by The_Beast1976

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59840524

"The new data confirms that two doses of the AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna vaccines offers little protection against being infected with Omicron." On that basis, why all the fuss about the 'unvaccinated'? They're no more or less likely to cause you harm than the 'vaccinated'. It makes no sense whatsoever, much like restrictions and covid passports based on 'vaccination' status.....

I also read in various places, including the BBC website, in December that effectiveness of the booster at preventing acquisition and transmission falls by about 80% after 8 weeks. I'm not making it up, because that would just be silly. I'll try finding it again a bit later.

In any event, the news coming out from various sources this morning seems to be encouraging and makes all this a moot point because we could be seeing the end of mass vaccination, testing and isolation within the next few months. It's needless even now IMO, never mind in a few months

EDIT - Found one of the articles "The study also shows the jab's ability to stop people catching Omicron starts to wane 10 weeks after a booster dose....by between 15% and 25% after 10 weeks". It's 10 weeks, and up to 25% - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969

My mistake on 8 weeks and 80%, but presumably it continues to drop off after 10 weeks. In any event event, this will become an irrelevance if the news this morning has any truth in it....
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 6:21]

[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 11:25]

FKA AcidPixie

Well Done Australia on 08:50 - Jan 9 with 2309 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 02:35 - Jan 9 by karl

Where’s the least vitamin D, by sunlight, in the uk and where’s the least Covid deaths during winter months?
Aye

Don’t doubt a balanced diet is absolutely the best thing to prevent many manner of illness of course

Edit. Small population density North of Scotland also has high vaccine %
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 2:37]

I always thought the population up there was quite dense?
Well Done Australia on 06:28 - Jan 10 with 2147 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I am pleased that Novak Djokovic won his court case. Not because I like Novak but because he followed the process and was treated differently than others.
In the past two years in Australia government both federally and mainly state have taken over our lives making up ridiculous rules to follow and then changing the goal posts continually.
I take this as a small win against the Australian Government - both federal and state.
Neither of them display any common sense and have imposed rules on us that they won't provide any evidence to support.
Apparently now it's ok just to have panadol and stay home if you get COVID but at the same time if you want to keep your job you have to be jabbed three times otherwise you are sacked.
Well Done Australia on 07:28 - Jan 10 with 2069 viewsahoz

Well Done Australia on 06:28 - Jan 10 by superhoopdownunder

I am pleased that Novak Djokovic won his court case. Not because I like Novak but because he followed the process and was treated differently than others.
In the past two years in Australia government both federally and mainly state have taken over our lives making up ridiculous rules to follow and then changing the goal posts continually.
I take this as a small win against the Australian Government - both federal and state.
Neither of them display any common sense and have imposed rules on us that they won't provide any evidence to support.
Apparently now it's ok just to have panadol and stay home if you get COVID but at the same time if you want to keep your job you have to be jabbed three times otherwise you are sacked.

Pleased that Novak appears to have won his case. A victory for freedom of choice. We should all have that.
Well Done Australia on 08:12 - Jan 10 with 2014 viewsHoopsie

Well Done Australia on 05:34 - Jan 9 by The_Beast1976

".....protect the innocent unvaccinated - babies, infants, toddlers - our young generation who can’t be vaccinated yet.....". Seriously? This thing has little, if any, effect upon them.

Also, would you advocate doing all of this for flu? If not, then why would you do it for this?

Being reported this morning that evidence emerging that covid is now less deadly than flu. Some scientists saying that, consequently, we should now start to move away from mass vaccination of the population and only vaccinate the vulnerable. No more mass testing or isolation either. In other words, we should now start treating covid in the same way as we treat flu. Fingers crossed this is correct! It won't suit those who want the needless mass hysteria to continue, mind.....
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 5:51]

Yes seriously!

Why not flu?

Because Covid undermine every developed country health care system, when was the last tIme we started counting (the lack of) hospital beds. ICUs or ventilators - in countries like Britain, Germany, USA mind

Have we heard of double vaccination for common flu let alone boosters or fourth jab?

Have we heard that flu paralysed global air travel? Wasn’t in the US they had major cancellation of flights just only recently?

When was the last time a top tennis player has to go to court to challenge the host government for his right to play in a major grand slam tournament?

When was the last time police went onto the pitch to arrest football players in the pre-world cup qualifying game for breach of travelling bans?

When was the last time football grounds all over Europe had zero attendances and games played behind close doors

Not the common flu

But Covid and it’s variants managed to put the whole world into panic and frenzy, that’s why It’s a pandemic.

Stay safe!

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Not good on 08:27 - Jan 10 with 1975 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Novak now rearrested by federal police and about to be deported. This is nothing to do with health - just politicians not wanting to lose face. It’s a disgrace.
Well Done Australia on 08:43 - Jan 10 with 1947 viewsdenhamhoop2

Wow so the Australian Government now thinks it's above it's own laws nice to see it's not just Boris and Co who think that the rules don't apply to them
Well Done Australia on 08:45 - Jan 10 with 1944 viewsJuzzie

Genuine question - what rules(s)/laws etc did the Court know that the politicians seemingly didn’t and how can the head of immigration invoke powers that seem to overrule the Courts?

Who actually is in/has authority?
Not good on 08:55 - Jan 10 with 1888 viewsPerthRs

Not good on 08:27 - Jan 10 by superhoopdownunder

Novak now rearrested by federal police and about to be deported. This is nothing to do with health - just politicians not wanting to lose face. It’s a disgrace.

Watching ABC News and no mention of his rearrest also just checked both Channels 7 & 9 and the same on their news channels.
This has now lifted the lid off a major can of worms when a court can overturn a law that was in place to protect people, bollox to it they may as well scrap the border restrictions altogether.
Not good on 09:10 - Jan 10 with 1831 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Not good on 08:55 - Jan 10 by PerthRs

Watching ABC News and no mention of his rearrest also just checked both Channels 7 & 9 and the same on their news channels.
This has now lifted the lid off a major can of worms when a court can overturn a law that was in place to protect people, bollox to it they may as well scrap the border restrictions altogether.

PerthR’s sorry getting mixed messages as to whether he has been rearrested. Federal Government have 4 hours to do so.
Anyway all this is showing is this country is run by a bunch of idiots and they don’t know what they are doing.
I’d love to come over to Perth to see my brother but it’s impossible at the moment.
Not good on 10:13 - Jan 10 with 1728 viewsdistortR

Not good on 09:10 - Jan 10 by superhoopdownunder

PerthR’s sorry getting mixed messages as to whether he has been rearrested. Federal Government have 4 hours to do so.
Anyway all this is showing is this country is run by a bunch of idiots and they don’t know what they are doing.
I’d love to come over to Perth to see my brother but it’s impossible at the moment.

bbc radio 4 reported unconfirmed rumours that he had been arrested, tbf.
Well Done Australia on 11:06 - Jan 10 with 1627 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well Done Australia on 13:05 - Jan 10 with 1506 viewskensalriser

Seems as though the judge ruled in Djok's favour because the border force acted unreasonably in giving him a certain amount of time to provide evidence and then reneging. Lucky boy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Well Done Australia on 13:26 - Jan 10 with 1477 viewsEastR

Well Done Australia on 13:05 - Jan 10 by kensalriser

Seems as though the judge ruled in Djok's favour because the border force acted unreasonably in giving him a certain amount of time to provide evidence and then reneging. Lucky boy.

he's won the first set on a tie break

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024