Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field 18:30 - Jan 22 with 4897 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another excellent stat from Jack Supple. A fine performance from Field today, even if his passing was a bit erratic.
Supple.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Field on 18:59 - Jan 22 with 4003 viewsCamberleyR

Probably no better than 'okay' though according to some...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Field on 19:01 - Jan 22 with 3971 viewsenfieldargh

Think he adds that steel in defensive midfield area that we've been kind of ok at before but he brings us up to another level.

I dont think he's up to speed yet so keep free of injury and we have a superb player on our hands

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Field on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 3942 viewsBklynRanger

Great stat.

He does seem to be getting just that little bit better every week since returning. Reads the game so well, keeps it simple in tight situations and he provides that very useful heading ability in the middle - much like Ale used to do.
Field on 19:09 - Jan 22 with 3916 viewsdmm

Heartily agree with all of the above. I really like this lad and I don't think we have another player like him in the squad. A true DCM who is comfortable with the ball and passes well. He allows others to play in front of him and gives the backline excellent protection.

He's only just returned and will give so more as he ramps up his form.
Field on 19:17 - Jan 22 with 3836 viewsdmm

Warburton on Field: "He is a Premier League midfielder and I have no doubt about what he can be and what he can achieve" https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-hails-premier-league-qpr-star-afte
Field on 19:25 - Jan 22 with 3768 viewstraininvain

Field on 19:17 - Jan 22 by dmm

Warburton on Field: "He is a Premier League midfielder and I have no doubt about what he can be and what he can achieve" https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-hails-premier-league-qpr-star-afte

He’s certainly one of the seven or eight players in our squad that I could see making the step up or at least being given a chance to start if we go up this season.
Field on 19:27 - Jan 22 with 3741 viewsbakerloo8

Ray Charles can see this is a top player.

Injury free this kid will go as far as he wants to. Similar in style to Declan Rice he does all the donkey work, setting the base from which others can flourish.
Field on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 3718 viewsdannyblue

Just came on to add what a fantastic game he had today and v glad to see he already has a thread.
Login to get fewer ads

Field on 19:36 - Jan 22 with 3655 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Field on 19:09 - Jan 22 by dmm

Heartily agree with all of the above. I really like this lad and I don't think we have another player like him in the squad. A true DCM who is comfortable with the ball and passes well. He allows others to play in front of him and gives the backline excellent protection.

He's only just returned and will give so more as he ramps up his form.

"He allows others to play in front of him"

This is the key for me he can operate as part of a two or on his own in the middle which gives us more flexibility.

Dunno about premier league standard he needs an injury free run of games before any of that talk.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Field on 19:38 - Jan 22 with 3630 viewsted_hendrix

Could well end up being our POTY, It's not all about scoring screamers or defending like mad, this bloke knows what he's doing, he's comfortable.
WBA loss is our gain.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Field on 19:56 - Jan 22 with 3490 viewsLanhoop

Field on 19:38 - Jan 22 by ted_hendrix

Could well end up being our POTY, It's not all about scoring screamers or defending like mad, this bloke knows what he's doing, he's comfortable.
WBA loss is our gain.

Would have to do a lot in the last 20 games to overtake Jimmy Dunne but on today's performance he has every chance.
Field on 20:35 - Jan 22 with 3317 viewsParkRoyalR

Absolutely immense today, especially in first half hour when I'm not sure Dozell had a touch, tackling all over the pitch, winning headers, passing very good as was ability to beat a man when in a tight spot with no option. Superb and exactly the player we've seen last season when fully match fit.
Field on 20:44 - Jan 22 with 3254 viewsBurnleyhoop

Field on 20:35 - Jan 22 by ParkRoyalR

Absolutely immense today, especially in first half hour when I'm not sure Dozell had a touch, tackling all over the pitch, winning headers, passing very good as was ability to beat a man when in a tight spot with no option. Superb and exactly the player we've seen last season when fully match fit.

We are at our best with Field and JoJo sitting in front of the defence. Power and panache.

It’s coming.
Field on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 3227 viewsNoelmc

Field on 19:56 - Jan 22 by Lanhoop

Would have to do a lot in the last 20 games to overtake Jimmy Dunne but on today's performance he has every chance.

I think Field has the potential to be an excellent player for us, but I think we will have a much better idea of his capabilities when he has played 50 or more games for us.

Regarding POTY, for me it's currently a three horse race with Willock just ahead of Dunne & Adomah.
Field on 21:18 - Jan 22 with 3069 viewsQPR_Nippon

Just back and Field was my MOM. Outstanding - so glad there’s a stat to reinforce what I saw with my own eyes.

And Willock …. wouldn’t swap him for any player in the league.

And our back 3 … immense again.

And our keeper … fair play to the recruitment team to get such a high quality replacement for Seny.

Possibly slightly fortuitous to win today against a very good team but we have a team that now makes their own luck.
Field on 21:25 - Jan 22 with 3014 viewsgazza1

Field was very good first half....played a good half indeed......second half he was ok like many of the side.

Willock was my MOM.....Dykes - enough said!!!!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 21:27]
Field on 21:27 - Jan 22 with 3010 viewsstrikerace

Don't think there is any coincidence that we are playing better since he returned. He also allows Stefan to go up into the attack, which is going to help massively
Field on 21:41 - Jan 22 with 2894 viewsgazza1

Strange.....SJ didnt play today.
Field on 21:46 - Jan 22 with 2866 viewsMaggsinho

Field on 21:41 - Jan 22 by gazza1

Strange.....SJ didnt play today.

Injured. A ‘slight knock’ according to the club.
Field on 21:50 - Jan 22 with 2832 viewsgazza1

Field on 21:46 - Jan 22 by Maggsinho

Injured. A ‘slight knock’ according to the club.

Yes I know....it referred to the post above.
Field on 22:11 - Jan 22 with 2743 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Field on 21:50 - Jan 22 by gazza1

Yes I know....it referred to the post above.

Two home games coming up quick smart. Presumably he'll play a part in both.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Field on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 2664 viewsgazza1

Yes maybe, we need every player that we have in the coming few weeks.....
Field on 12:33 - Jan 23 with 2188 viewsLazyFan

Dozzell was off form, Field was on his own for the first half. Lucky for us he had a great game.

2nd half Amos was helpful and allowed Field to stay on the left and dominate that side, which helped Wallace from being caught out going forward.

This led to the 2nd goal when Wallace was able to venture forward to contribute to the build-up play that pulled the Cov defence over to the left-hand side (Covs right) which provided the space for Uncle to attack the middle and score.

I also note that Uncle beat Bidwell in the air to score, that part was most pleasing. Bidwell is not a defender and after his Cov contract expires, I assume League One awaits. I can see Bidwell playing for Charlton in the future.

zzzzzzzzzz

Field on 12:35 - Jan 23 with 2180 viewstraininvain

Field on 12:33 - Jan 23 by LazyFan

Dozzell was off form, Field was on his own for the first half. Lucky for us he had a great game.

2nd half Amos was helpful and allowed Field to stay on the left and dominate that side, which helped Wallace from being caught out going forward.

This led to the 2nd goal when Wallace was able to venture forward to contribute to the build-up play that pulled the Cov defence over to the left-hand side (Covs right) which provided the space for Uncle to attack the middle and score.

I also note that Uncle beat Bidwell in the air to score, that part was most pleasing. Bidwell is not a defender and after his Cov contract expires, I assume League One awaits. I can see Bidwell playing for Charlton in the future.

Agree that we looked better when Amos came on as he gave us a bit more energy and bite in midfield. I would start Amos ahead of Dozzell on Tuesday if Stef is unavailable.
Field on 13:16 - Jan 23 with 2089 viewsDavieQPR

Field on 12:33 - Jan 23 by LazyFan

He will be 32 when his Coventry contract expires.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024