Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kane 22:13 - Jan 23 with 5889 viewsStanisgod

What did we think, their people seemed impressed, given an 8 on most sites. Thought he did ok but the usual hit and miss crossing still there, no better than for us really.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Todd Kane on 22:18 - Jan 23 with 4999 viewsdavman

I try to be impartial, but I really don't like the guy - appears to be a bit of a wrong 'un.

That said, I thought that he did OK. As Clive said in his report, he still needs about 20 crosses to make one count; he was delivering the ball into the "right areas", but does seem incapable of picking a player out - a hit and hope if you like.

I think that he did alright.

Let's talk about Bidwell's defending for Albert's winner though - awful!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Todd Kane on 22:23 - Jan 23 with 4950 viewszizoustainrod

Don't care. Move on, nothing to see here.
Todd Kane on 22:25 - Jan 23 with 4942 viewsMick_S

I’d really like Coventry to stay away from the play off positions. They are a goal scorer short and a bit more composure in the box away from being a real threat in the Championship. Good side.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 22:27]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Todd Kane on 22:31 - Jan 23 with 4894 viewsBlackCrowe

I don't like the guy at all, tw@t, but he was so up for it yesterday and a lot of his crossing was pretty good. Was pleased when he got yanked.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Todd Kane on 22:36 - Jan 23 with 4865 viewsVancouverHoop

I thought he was better than Clive did in his report. We, quite understandably, have a built in bias against the guy, but I thought his corners were consistently difficult to handle all day. And Wallace certainly didn't seem to bother him much. TBH I was a bit relieved when he was subbed.
Todd Kane on 23:01 - Jan 23 with 4739 viewsNed_Kennedys

I liked Kane when he played for us, way better than Kakay.
Glad Albert is playing on n his position now though.
Todd Kane on 23:16 - Jan 23 with 4695 viewsWatfordR

Todd Kane on 23:01 - Jan 23 by Ned_Kennedys

I liked Kane when he played for us, way better than Kakay.
Glad Albert is playing on n his position now though.

You know what? I've been thinking about who my POTY would be, and come to the conclusion that it's ridiculous, and probably not really showing an understanding of the buy in everyone in the squad gives to the concept of "team", to pick one player.

But if I had to pick one player who represented that concept, I think it would be Albert. He's performed consistently above my expectations of what he was capable of at RWB defensively, and has added so much to us going forward. I don't think he's worse defensively than either Kane or Kakay have ever been for us. I just think he's the embodiment of team and fans as one really.
Todd Kane on 23:22 - Jan 23 with 4670 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One of my least favourite Rangers players due to his actions but I thought he played ok yesterday. Yes, his crossing was as erratic as ever but I thought he put Wallace on the back foot and dominated that wing, his cross led to a near goal, and while his corners were inconsistent, one excellent corner led to their only goal.

One thought I had, though, was that Cov had him as their main cross provider while Shipley only put in a couple. I thought Shipley also had Adomah pinned back and when they went wide they could have put more Shipley's way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kane on 23:26 - Jan 23 with 4648 viewsParkRoyalR

I can see why they gave him an 8, had the beating of Wallace all game, and only for some great last ditch defending and absence of their main striker could have won them the match.

Does n"t pick out his man like Willock's crosses but got a lot of good balls into the danger area.
Todd Kane on 23:40 - Jan 23 with 4589 viewsAntti_Heinola

Todd Kane on 23:16 - Jan 23 by WatfordR

You know what? I've been thinking about who my POTY would be, and come to the conclusion that it's ridiculous, and probably not really showing an understanding of the buy in everyone in the squad gives to the concept of "team", to pick one player.

But if I had to pick one player who represented that concept, I think it would be Albert. He's performed consistently above my expectations of what he was capable of at RWB defensively, and has added so much to us going forward. I don't think he's worse defensively than either Kane or Kakay have ever been for us. I just think he's the embodiment of team and fans as one really.

Barbet for me all day long (atm), in a very crowded field! Could easily be Willock, Chair, even Dickie or Dunne, or, as you say, Albert.

Bare bones.

Todd Kane on 00:02 - Jan 24 with 4524 viewsTacticalR

The Coventry oppo interview had Kane's crossing sussed: more 'quantity than quality'.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56809/sky-blue-ove

Air hostess clique

Todd Kane on 00:20 - Jan 24 with 4490 viewsLythamR

Todd Kane on 00:02 - Jan 24 by TacticalR

The Coventry oppo interview had Kane's crossing sussed: more 'quantity than quality'.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56809/sky-blue-ove

I think we are better of without him, technically and spiritually
Todd Kane on 08:29 - Jan 24 with 3981 viewsjoe90

He was really bad when he started for us but massively improved, showing his potential. He had goals and assists and would have improved his game even more in this side IMO.

I think him leaving was the right, got to trust the gaffers decisions. Ultimately it will be his loss more than ours.
Todd Kane on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 3830 viewsJeff

Todd Kane on 00:20 - Jan 24 by LythamR

I think we are better of without him, technically and spiritually

Ecumenically?

Can we not knock it?

Todd Kane on 09:40 - Jan 24 with 3745 viewsDavieQPR

He has always had a tendency to hit it in the general direction and hope for the best. What ruined him was being a legend in his own lunchbreak.
Todd Kane on 09:46 - Jan 24 with 3722 viewsswisscottage

Outside of the corner for their goal I just thought it was the same old same old. Half his crosses hit the first man and the rest were aimless and offered no threat to a decent back three.

If that performance rated him 8 out of 10 its a strange old world. He's a throwback to the likes of Tony Scully.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 9:47]
Todd Kane on 10:00 - Jan 24 with 3672 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah same as usual basically. Great engine, never stops, doesn't hide, loads of balls in but more of them bad than good.

If he could put a consistently good ball in he might actually be the player he thinks he is.
Todd Kane on 10:10 - Jan 24 with 3616 viewsnix

Todd Kane on 09:40 - Jan 24 by DavieQPR

He has always had a tendency to hit it in the general direction and hope for the best. What ruined him was being a legend in his own lunchbreak.

This. A bit of humility and a willingness to give credit to his teammates and he could have been popular with the fans.

He was definitely a better player when he left than when he joined us, so he must have benefited from being here.

Don't think he'd ever be good enough for the Prem though, as he wouldn't get that many chances to put in a cross.

Much prefer Uncs, all round wonderful guy as well as good player.
Todd Kane on 10:32 - Jan 24 with 3531 viewsdaveB

I thought he had a good game, some of the abuse he's got from QPR fans on instagram this weekend has been out of order imo

I still think the comments about Kakay were nothing to get excited about, other players would have got away with saying the same thing. Overall he wasn't great for us but not terrible either.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 10:34]
Todd Kane on 10:33 - Jan 24 with 3527 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It's a good sign that Todd Kane is the best we can come up with for a villain. Things have changed.
Todd Kane on 10:50 - Jan 24 with 3470 viewsderbyhoop

I thought Wallace did a decent job in blocking a lot of crosses but he still managed to get a few into danger areas.

His biggest issue, for QPR fans, is that he came from Chelsea and seems to have an overblown sense of entitlement.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Todd Kane on 11:13 - Jan 24 with 3407 viewsAntti_Heinola

Todd Kane on 10:32 - Jan 24 by daveB

I thought he had a good game, some of the abuse he's got from QPR fans on instagram this weekend has been out of order imo

I still think the comments about Kakay were nothing to get excited about, other players would have got away with saying the same thing. Overall he wasn't great for us but not terrible either.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 10:34]

I don't think I've ever heard another player be so openly disrespectful about a team mate Dave (can you? You say someone else would get away with it, but can you think of one single occasion where a player has directly and favourably compared themselves to a team mate, or been disparaging about a teammate? Because I can't. Fine - say you believe you're the best in your position, that's different. Compare and contrast to Albert on the pod last week saying he watched Wallace for a season and realised he could learn and be an effective wing back - huge difference in attitude) but agree he was a decent player for us and never really got the hatred and find anyone giving abuse to players on social media incredibly tiresome.

Strange how sometimes players who are simply solid 6's have polarised the fanbase so much - Bidwell another example of a player who'd get pelters, but has proved to be a solid full back/wing back in this league. I suppose in a way it'll always be the middle of the road players that polarise opinions so much!

Bare bones.

Todd Kane on 11:33 - Jan 24 with 3320 viewsdaveB

Todd Kane on 11:13 - Jan 24 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think I've ever heard another player be so openly disrespectful about a team mate Dave (can you? You say someone else would get away with it, but can you think of one single occasion where a player has directly and favourably compared themselves to a team mate, or been disparaging about a teammate? Because I can't. Fine - say you believe you're the best in your position, that's different. Compare and contrast to Albert on the pod last week saying he watched Wallace for a season and realised he could learn and be an effective wing back - huge difference in attitude) but agree he was a decent player for us and never really got the hatred and find anyone giving abuse to players on social media incredibly tiresome.

Strange how sometimes players who are simply solid 6's have polarised the fanbase so much - Bidwell another example of a player who'd get pelters, but has proved to be a solid full back/wing back in this league. I suppose in a way it'll always be the middle of the road players that polarise opinions so much!

don't get me wrong, I 'd agree he was wrong to say it but I did think the reaction from fans was over the top. He seems to have got more stick for saying he's better than Kakay than he did for being found guilty of racism to another player. I've just found the whole Kane thing bizarre to be honest. Some of the messages he was being sent at the weekend were ridiculous.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:39]
Todd Kane on 11:37 - Jan 24 with 3291 viewsConorM1882

Agree re the Instagram stuff, don’t like the bloke at all and his Kakay comments were disrespectful and downright stupid but find it a bit weird that people feel the need to directly message him abuse on Instagram now…. We got the 3 points, Todd Kane put in a typically average Todd Kane performance, let’s move along from it?

Agree with everything said about Albert, what a guy and he’s doing an outstanding job playing in an unfamiliar position. I’d have him over Kane every day of the week.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:39]
Todd Kane on 11:44 - Jan 24 with 3231 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Todd Kane on 11:13 - Jan 24 by Antti_Heinola

I just can't get worked up enough about Todd Kane.

Both the Kakay and Canos incidents were moronic but I can't help but shrug my shoulders. I don't think he was that terrible on the pitch for us either, bearing in mind the form we was in at the time.

Can't agree more on the 6/10s, and Bidwell in particular. There is a future psychology paper to be written about football fans, pre conception, and confirmation bias.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024