Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. 21:11 - Jan 24 with 21238 viewsqpr_1968

started the last 3 away threads that we won.

trying me hand at my first home game.

3-0 or 3-1 to us.......staying with uncle to score first./any time.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:23 - Jan 25 with 2002 viewsStainrod

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:20 - Jan 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

Guy beside me was wondering why Willock doesn't take the set pieces.

Having seen what the others can do tonight, its a fair question
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:27 - Jan 25 with 1955 viewsactonman

1st half swans were depressing awful and we just sat back and sort of said oh you’re not that good , we will take advantage of that 2nd half instead of just putting them to the sword.
2nd half they came out a different team and made a fist of it so our plan wasn’t as easy to imply !

Maybe we should just fking go for it while we have the upper hand and worry about the score when we have the game wrapped up !!
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:31 - Jan 25 with 1934 viewsLanhoop

Just back. Meh. Swansea are the new Preston.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:45 - Jan 25 with 1827 viewsBostonR

Just back. Well Swansea were the most quietly cynical team I have seen for sometime. Lost count of the number of free-kicks they conceded and yellow cards they were given.
They came for a came of 5-a-side and we gave them one. Terrible miss from Dykes and just about the whole team well below par.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:04 - Jan 25 with 1696 viewsjoe90

A lacklustre performance apart from about the last 10.

I feel like we’ve had this coming, but it shows how well we’re playing to still draw 0-0.

Dykes squandered a great chance at the end and Amos was unlucky to hit the post.

Moses was the stand out player for me, not because of his performance but because he always seemed to be in the thick of action with little success.

Don’t think anyone played particularly well, but no cause for concern. Hopefully we can recharge and play with more intent and intensity on Saturday.

A point and a clean sheet ain’t too bad!
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:07 - Jan 25 with 1665 viewsjoe90

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 21:37 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Field still battling.

Our best player tonight.

Really? Didn’t see it myself.

He pushed up at the end, but didn’t think he was better than anyone else tonight.

To be fair, it’s difficult to judge. We were very static tonight and Swansea did well to close us down. I don’t think Field could do much more than break up play.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:19 - Jan 25 with 1606 viewsnix

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:11 - Jan 25 by StreathamRanger

Johansen delivery pretty poor all night. With Chair not here so much rests on his and Willocks shoulders. When Johansen plays well we usually win. He wasn't great tonight. Outside of the box, Austin is baggage and the delivery into the box was rubbish tonight so not surprised he was frustrated. Odubajo not a patch on Albert and Wallace not as effective without Chair.

All that being said we've been on a good run without playing all that well. Chair should be back after the FA cup and we may well bring in at least one more attacking player. Dykes in a bit of a rut but he has gone on little runs of form in the past so hopefully he can find some form towards the end of the season.

I agree with most of that except Odubajo was absolutely targeted from the beginning of the match like Willock. Latibaudiere their number 22 hacked him down four or five times without being booked, often when he was making decent runs. He'll have as many bruises as Willock. It made him less effective than he might have been and the ref didn't protect him enough, not even giving the defender a word.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:36 - Jan 25 with 1520 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:07 - Jan 25 by joe90

Really? Didn’t see it myself.

He pushed up at the end, but didn’t think he was better than anyone else tonight.

To be fair, it’s difficult to judge. We were very static tonight and Swansea did well to close us down. I don’t think Field could do much more than break up play.

And that was enough tonight.

I still think his passing will (or should) improve as he settles back in.

But he broke up a serious amount of play again tonight. We've been lacking that in midfield.

A 7/10. And no more. But enough to make him our best player, just about.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:38 - Jan 25 with 1512 viewsWatfordR

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:19 - Jan 25 by nix

I agree with most of that except Odubajo was absolutely targeted from the beginning of the match like Willock. Latibaudiere their number 22 hacked him down four or five times without being booked, often when he was making decent runs. He'll have as many bruises as Willock. It made him less effective than he might have been and the ref didn't protect him enough, not even giving the defender a word.

Just said it elsewhere about Odubajo being picked out for treatment from the start. Refereeing, once again, just dreadful. A couple of yellows early on puts a stop to that.

I know reffing isn't easy, but I honestly don't know how it's possible to constantly miss pushes in the back, arms around attackers, shirts being pulled every time someone tries to go by the opposition. What are the officials actually watching?
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:43 - Jan 25 with 1490 viewsloftboy

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:38 - Jan 25 by WatfordR

Just said it elsewhere about Odubajo being picked out for treatment from the start. Refereeing, once again, just dreadful. A couple of yellows early on puts a stop to that.

I know reffing isn't easy, but I honestly don't know how it's possible to constantly miss pushes in the back, arms around attackers, shirts being pulled every time someone tries to go by the opposition. What are the officials actually watching?

Swansea player on a yellow then pulls Willock shirt, guaranteed if he hadn’t already been carded he would have got one for that, the ref bottled it.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 23:44]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:46 - Jan 25 with 1456 viewsWatfordR

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:43 - Jan 25 by loftboy

Swansea player on a yellow then pulls Willock shirt, guaranteed if he hadn’t already been carded he would have got one for that, the ref bottled it.

That was EXACTLY what I said to Watford Jnr at the time.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:52 - Jan 25 with 1434 viewsJuzzie

I remember the days when I’d ‘watch’ a game on teletext. The game ended and I was either happy or sad. Either way I went to bed and that was it. Might get a paragraph in the papers the next day, usually three or four pages from the back.

Night all.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 06:43 - Jan 26 with 1197 viewsStreathamRanger

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:19 - Jan 25 by nix

Fair enough. He's got a lot of the necessary skills to be a really good wing back but for me, he just lacks composure. He got into crossing positions quite a few times and his balls into the box were pretty much all poor, certainly not up to Albert's standards.

The shirt pulling, particularly on Willock, was doing my head in. I seem to remember this ref from a previous game. Despite being built like He Man, he's a bit of a softie and tends to let a lot go.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 07:40 - Jan 26 with 1115 viewsRs_Holy

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:31 - Jan 25 by Lanhoop

Just back. Meh. Swansea are the new Preston.

yep experts in the dark arts that's for sure! I thought the ref didn't help by being inconsistent with his handling of the game. Glad we don't play like them, as it would drive me nuts having to watch that every game. We were poor but still should have sneaked it... lets hope we play better against the fakes.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 09:00 - Jan 26 with 1029 viewsjoe90

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:36 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

And that was enough tonight.

I still think his passing will (or should) improve as he settles back in.

But he broke up a serious amount of play again tonight. We've been lacking that in midfield.

A 7/10. And no more. But enough to make him our best player, just about.

If that's the bench mark you'd have to give Marshall an 8/10. He kept another clean sheet and made vital saves.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 09:39 - Jan 26 with 972 viewsMrSheen

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:38 - Jan 25 by WatfordR

Swansea must have taken on an ice hockey coach, based on the amount of blocks and checks off the ball. I can't remember seeing so many of our players going off their feet away from the play before.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 10:21 - Jan 26 with 948 viewsPinnerPaul

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 12:54 - Jan 25 by nix

So do I Pinner, as long as it's in QPR's favour obvs. Never happier to be wrong!

We weren't this time
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 10:31 - Jan 26 with 900 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 09:00 - Jan 26 by joe90

If that's the bench mark you'd have to give Marshall an 8/10. He kept another clean sheet and made vital saves.

Had Marshall down for a 7, Joe.

Solid game again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 10:35 - Jan 26 with 892 viewsfrancisbowles

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 22:11 - Jan 25 by StreathamRanger

Johansen delivery pretty poor all night. With Chair not here so much rests on his and Willocks shoulders. When Johansen plays well we usually win. He wasn't great tonight. Outside of the box, Austin is baggage and the delivery into the box was rubbish tonight so not surprised he was frustrated. Odubajo not a patch on Albert and Wallace not as effective without Chair.

All that being said we've been on a good run without playing all that well. Chair should be back after the FA cup and we may well bring in at least one more attacking player. Dykes in a bit of a rut but he has gone on little runs of form in the past so hopefully he can find some form towards the end of the season.

'Odubajo not a patch on Albert and Wallace'

A bit harsh, the guys first start for ages, after injury, I thought he did very well. Perhaps like Thomas , trying a bit too hard to impress, making errors, hopefully will get better when they both calm down little.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 10:45 - Jan 26 with 860 viewsPinnerPaul

Amos, Moses - we drew 0-0, as I said on another thread, everyone is there to be shot at!
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 11:02 - Jan 26 with 831 viewsStreathamRanger

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 10:35 - Jan 26 by francisbowles

'Odubajo not a patch on Albert and Wallace'

A bit harsh, the guys first start for ages, after injury, I thought he did very well. Perhaps like Thomas , trying a bit too hard to impress, making errors, hopefully will get better when they both calm down little.

I was saying Wallace not as effective without Chair not that odubajo is not a patch on Wallace. You must agree that Albert has developed into a much more effective wing back than Odubajo given that a large part of a wing backs role is to provide presentable chances to strikers in the box.

Earlier in the season I thought Odubajo wasn't great. To me he looks like there's always a mistake in him. Makes poor decisions. Maybe he's trying too hard, maybe he needs a longer run in the team and of course I'd love to see him develop into a more useful player for us as he's another who definitely seems the right sort.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 19:36 - Jan 26 with 704 viewsthemodfather

ref let a lot go, i said it'd end in rucks and reds....not wrong. 0-0 but a good game to watch on tv, dykes has to score late on, good chance, he is not prolific , charlie's header even if he scored would wrongly have been offside. gotta take a clear shot in the box, 8 yards out......another point on the board, unbeaten run goes on. one point to safety lol
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 19:40 - Jan 26 with 694 viewsfrancisbowles

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 11:02 - Jan 26 by StreathamRanger

I was saying Wallace not as effective without Chair not that odubajo is not a patch on Wallace. You must agree that Albert has developed into a much more effective wing back than Odubajo given that a large part of a wing backs role is to provide presentable chances to strikers in the box.

Earlier in the season I thought Odubajo wasn't great. To me he looks like there's always a mistake in him. Makes poor decisions. Maybe he's trying too hard, maybe he needs a longer run in the team and of course I'd love to see him develop into a more useful player for us as he's another who definitely seems the right sort.

Albert has had days where his crossing has been poor as well.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 19:51 - Jan 26 with 682 viewsStreathamRanger

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 19:40 - Jan 26 by francisbowles

Albert has had days where his crossing has been poor as well.

Perhaps, I still think he's a much better player than Odubajo but I understand that at his age he won't necessarily be able to play a game every 3 or 4 days so we'll likely see a but more of Odubaju as the games come thick and fast. I wish him well. Hopefully he can smash a couple in like the one against United in pre season.
RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 21:50 - Jan 26 with 641 viewsOldPedro

RRRRRR'S V swans match thread. on 23:43 - Jan 25 by loftboy

And it was Downes who ended up getting sent off later in the game

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024