Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendrick official 00:06 - Feb 1 with 11380 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hendrick official on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 3128 viewsToast_R

What, no Adam Boulder?
Hendrick official on 09:50 - Feb 1 with 3134 viewsjoe90

Apparently he can play across the midfield which makes him a good utility player. He can come in and plug a gap and by the sounds of it, he’s good at what he does. I was thinking we need a striker, but actually our goals are nicely spread across the team. We just need to keep our attacking play going and create more chances.
Hendrick official on 10:26 - Feb 1 with 2955 viewssaxbend

Very good player. At some point someone's going to get a bad injury and he'll slot in and make it as though the team hardly changed. That will be worth just as many points to us as having another striker, considering how much of our success comes from our very effective midfield.
Hendrick official on 10:45 - Feb 1 with 2858 viewsBklynRanger

I see Magginsho has put this useful link up on the deadline day thread.

https://www.football365.com/news/forensically-watching-ordinary-player-jeff-hend

According to that his big strength is recycling possession in an advanced position - sounds tailor made for Willock, Chair and whoever we've got up front anyway.

His goal scoring does seem to have been concentrated on 3 or 4 years at Derby - got to 7 and 9 at it's highest, a couple a year after that in the PL, though he may get back to more success by dropping down I suppose.
Hendrick official on 10:53 - Feb 1 with 2806 viewsMyke

Hendrick official on 08:32 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Not sure what gap he fills for us. We have a lot of central midfielders already.

I've been disappointed by most of his career for Ireland. I thought he was excellent during Euro 2016 but far too passive until a recent uptick. He's a very capable all-rounder at this level, but too often (imho) watches the game pass him by.

Still, wish him well, of course.

This is a good summary of his international career Brian. Ironically he improved lately when he was not getting any game time for Newcastle. I cannot se him being a regular starter, but a very useful addition to the squad. Can play down the right if Adomah needs a break/ gets injured
Hendrick official on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 2752 viewsBazzeR

I would guess that our general failure to start a good number of our matches slowly has prompted the signing of Jeff Hendrick.
MW often speaks about we are a good side when we raise our game to a high tempo,Hendrick looks a player that may bring more energy and intensity to the midfield area to help raise our game much earlier in matches.
Hendrick official on 11:40 - Feb 1 with 2580 viewsaston_hoop

Played next to John Eustace in that 2014 Derby season (although Eustace didnt play the final!). So he will know well Hendrick's character. Have no issues with this one, good solid experienced pro who can only add to what Warbs often likes to point out is a squad game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hendrick official on 11:51 - Feb 1 with 2512 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hey Jeff, welcome to Rangers. Not a signing that will take anyone to the strat-osphere but he’s no chile and his experience is there for all to see.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Hendrick official on 12:04 - Feb 1 with 2434 viewssaxbend

Hendrick official on 11:51 - Feb 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

Hey Jeff, welcome to Rangers. Not a signing that will take anyone to the strat-osphere but he’s no chile and his experience is there for all to see.

Took me a second. 🤣
Hendrick official on 12:06 - Feb 1 with 2418 viewsdannyblue

Hendrick official on 12:04 - Feb 1 by saxbend

Took me a second. 🤣

What's that Jimi?
Hendrick official on 12:20 - Feb 1 with 2353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hendrick official on 11:40 - Feb 1 by aston_hoop

Played next to John Eustace in that 2014 Derby season (although Eustace didnt play the final!). So he will know well Hendrick's character. Have no issues with this one, good solid experienced pro who can only add to what Warbs often likes to point out is a squad game

Interesting point, aston. Good to know.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hendrick official on 12:21 - Feb 1 with 2348 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't really know what to make of this, but I can't think when we last signed a Jeff, so that has to be good news for us oldies.
Hendrick official on 12:23 - Feb 1 with 2336 viewseastside_r

Hendrick official on 12:21 - Feb 1 by CiderwithRsie

I don't really know what to make of this, but I can't think when we last signed a Jeff, so that has to be good news for us oldies.

Cameron?
Hendrick official on 12:32 - Feb 1 with 2273 viewsGaxZE

Feel like he will compete with Johanson/Amos in the midfield. Very unlikely to be deployed like Chair or Willock.. unless Saturday's performance means Amos is now more considered for the attacking role.

Experience added whilst going for a promotion push could be vital. From an interview he did with Newcastle

I feel as if he will be a good addition, just don't know how much we'll see of him.

This definitely limits Dozzel's & Ball's playing time. Can't see MW bringing either on off the bench when he now probably has Hendrick to bring on.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 12:37]
Hendrick official on 13:00 - Feb 1 with 2136 viewskernowhoop

Hendrick official on 11:51 - Feb 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

Written in a purple haze?
Hendrick official on 13:30 - Feb 1 with 1970 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hendrick official on 13:00 - Feb 1 by kernowhoop

Written in a purple haze?

He’s not an easy person to pun, Hendrix. I nearly didn’t bother.

Perhaps I shouldn’t have bothered…

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hendrick official on 13:34 - Feb 1 with 1950 viewsdannyblue

Move over Rovers, let Jimi take over
Hendrick official on 13:35 - Feb 1 with 1944 viewsRed_Ranger

Hendrick official on 12:32 - Feb 1 by GaxZE

Feel like he will compete with Johanson/Amos in the midfield. Very unlikely to be deployed like Chair or Willock.. unless Saturday's performance means Amos is now more considered for the attacking role.

Experience added whilst going for a promotion push could be vital. From an interview he did with Newcastle

I feel as if he will be a good addition, just don't know how much we'll see of him.

This definitely limits Dozzel's & Ball's playing time. Can't see MW bringing either on off the bench when he now probably has Hendrick to bring on.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 12:37]

Looks like Robbie Savage
Hendrick official on 14:54 - Feb 1 with 1685 viewsRs_Holy

Hendrick official on 13:35 - Feb 1 by Red_Ranger

Looks like Robbie Savage

thankfully he doesn't sound like him
Hendrick official on 18:54 - Feb 1 with 1366 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hendrick official on 12:23 - Feb 1 by eastside_r

Cameron?

Blimey, should have remembered him, what with all those "facts"!

Still, what we have here is a good, solid British Jeff with a J. You can never tell with Americans, Geoff might be some exotic or dead posh name over there.
Hendrick official on 19:01 - Feb 1 with 1335 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hendrick official on 18:54 - Feb 1 by CiderwithRsie

Blimey, should have remembered him, what with all those "facts"!

Still, what we have here is a good, solid British Jeff with a J. You can never tell with Americans, Geoff might be some exotic or dead posh name over there.

A good, solid British Jeff from, er, Dublin.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hendrick official on 19:06 - Feb 1 with 1307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hendrick official on 19:01 - Feb 1 by QPR_Hibs

A good, solid British Jeff from, er, Dublin.

Go on then...someone say he's from The British Isles.....go on....

Hendrick official on 19:12 - Feb 1 with 1275 viewsnix

Hendrick official on 19:06 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Go on then...someone say he's from The British Isles.....go on....

👷🏻‍♂️👩🏻‍🚒🪖⛑
Hendrick official on 19:14 - Feb 1 with 1264 viewsqueensparker

I’m pleased with this - think it’s Dozzell who is going to be stepping aside here and I get that, he’s improving but he’s not nearly strong/physical enough for the battles in midfield to come IMO. there’s a player there but Hendrick given his provenance is a step up.

Still feel the Dominator is going to put in a few valuable cameos before the season is out as well, plus an emergency centre back at a pinch.
Hendrick official on 19:49 - Feb 1 with 1196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hendrick official on 19:12 - Feb 1 by nix

👷🏻‍♂️👩🏻‍🚒🪖⛑

I have no idea what those emojis mean, sorry Nix!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024