Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fourth. (n/t) 14:00 - Mar 13 with 2483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fourth. (n/t) on 14:02 - Mar 13 with 2463 viewsdublinr

Well that's the playoffs gone then

Fourth. (n/t) on 14:05 - Mar 13 with 2422 viewsT_Block

yep back in the game.
Be confident ,be brave- the last month has made me realise Rangers deserve a play-off spot on the basis that,IMHO they are better than 4 of the 6 of the play-off places teams before todays game.

So so typical QPR
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 14:06]
Fourth. (n/t) on 14:05 - Mar 13 with 2410 viewsTacticalR

Looking a bit more healthy.

Air hostess clique

Fourth. (n/t) on 14:14 - Mar 13 with 2345 viewsthemodfather

never in doubt.
Fourth. (n/t) on 14:59 - Mar 13 with 2186 viewswelwynranger

Last week when we were 5th, I wrote that I didn't know how , with the recent form.
Now I don't know how we are 4th.
But we are Mr Jones.
Fourth. (n/t) on 15:07 - Mar 13 with 2133 viewsnix

Fourth. (n/t) on 14:59 - Mar 13 by welwynranger

Last week when we were 5th, I wrote that I didn't know how , with the recent form.
But we are Mr Jones.

Probably because Sheffield United, Blackburn, Luton, Middlesbrough and us have all lost at least two matches in the last five. We had a poor February, admittedly, but a fantastic January.

Hope this match is a bit of a turnaround for us.
Fourth. (n/t) on 15:08 - Mar 13 with 2129 viewsstevec

1.5 pts a game should still do it, though that still looks tough with the remaining games.
Fourth. (n/t) on 15:13 - Mar 13 with 2099 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:07 - Mar 13 by nix

Probably because Sheffield United, Blackburn, Luton, Middlesbrough and us have all lost at least two matches in the last five. We had a poor February, admittedly, but a fantastic January.

Hope this match is a bit of a turnaround for us.

Pretty much every poster on here would have taken 2 points over these hard games but now we can take 4 and possibly 6 .
Of course we still have issues to worry about not least out goalkeeping but hopefully the second half will have lifted Marshall.We pulled that win out of the fire and avoided Chair being out for 3 games with that yellow instead of red .
Login to get fewer ads

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 13 with 2055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:13 - Mar 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Pretty much every poster on here would have taken 2 points over these hard games but now we can take 4 and possibly 6 .
Of course we still have issues to worry about not least out goalkeeping but hopefully the second half will have lifted Marshall.We pulled that win out of the fire and avoided Chair being out for 3 games with that yellow instead of red .

What I liked about Marshall is that he played very well after the error.

He's an experienced player and while he's made three or four costly errors of late his experience meant that he recovered quickly today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:26 - Mar 13 with 2028 viewsDamo1962

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

He's an experienced player and while he's made three or four costly errors of late his experience meant that he recovered quickly today.

He did well like you say Brian - but he needs to cut out the errors. We don't win games easily, and we need our keeper to be on top form. Good pro.
Fourth. (n/t) on 15:32 - Mar 13 with 1979 viewsDamo1962

Fourth. (n/t) on 14:59 - Mar 13 by welwynranger

But we are Mr Jones.

It's easy to see why Fulham and Bournemouth are sailing into the distance given what I watched today from two potential PO teams. The gulf is there for all to see between them and those chasing the other four spots. We are doing well to hang in there.
Fourth. (n/t) on 15:40 - Mar 13 with 1945 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I think we're where we deserve to be. In the playoffs but not comfortably so. All to play for and apart from Dieng and Dykes (key players granted), a fully fit squad.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:44 - Mar 13 with 1925 viewsnix

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:32 - Mar 13 by Damo1962

It's easy to see why Fulham and Bournemouth are sailing into the distance given what I watched today from two potential PO teams. The gulf is there for all to see between them and those chasing the other four spots. We are doing well to hang in there.

It's not surprising at all. Fulham has a Premiership quality side. Bournemouth had a squad that should have been easily second and then added to it in January. Luton and us are punching above our weight. We're well above parachute payment side West Brom and mixing it with Huddersfield and Sheffield United. So agreed that we're doing well to be where we are.
Fourth. (n/t) on 15:57 - Mar 13 with 1860 viewsManinBlack

Unfortunately the parachute payments are distorting the league and you can predict the top 6 will contain the three who came down the season before. The money allows them to retain better players like Mitrovic, keep them on Premier wages for one season to get them back up again.

It is no longer necessary for a relegated club to sell in their first season back in the Championship particularly if well run which we were not in our last visits.

I see a fair few see our win today as fortunate but before the slump, we had won 2-1 at Bristol and Coventry where you could say we were lucky with late goals. In my view the home team usually takes the game to the away team, having more possession and shots, hence why virtually every club wins more at home than on the road. Today was just another example of seemingly being second best but it was a typical away team performance and no worse than Bristol or Coventry when we were playing better.
Fourth. (n/t) on 16:12 - Mar 13 with 1806 viewskernowhoop

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:21 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair comment and remember he got rave reviews when Seny went to the ACON.
Fourth. (n/t) on 16:49 - Mar 13 with 1682 viewsfrancisbowles

Fourth. (n/t) on 15:57 - Mar 13 by ManinBlack

Unfortunately the parachute payments are distorting the league and you can predict the top 6 will contain the three who came down the season before. The money allows them to retain better players like Mitrovic, keep them on Premier wages for one season to get them back up again.

It is no longer necessary for a relegated club to sell in their first season back in the Championship particularly if well run which we were not in our last visits.

I see a fair few see our win today as fortunate but before the slump, we had won 2-1 at Bristol and Coventry where you could say we were lucky with late goals. In my view the home team usually takes the game to the away team, having more possession and shots, hence why virtually every club wins more at home than on the road. Today was just another example of seemingly being second best but it was a typical away team performance and no worse than Bristol or Coventry when we were playing better.

Basically agree, but West Brom 14th is the exception.
Fourth. (n/t) on 17:17 - Mar 13 with 1574 viewsPinnerPaul

I know, and easy to say, but get 7 of those points we 'expected' last month we would be 2nd - bonkers.

Its the league though, just as you think a team are gong well - they lose - see Sheff Utd, Middlesbro and what's that other one..............................oh yeah Luton!
Fourth. (n/t) on 17:55 - Mar 13 with 1461 viewsDamo1962

Fourth. (n/t) on 17:17 - Mar 13 by PinnerPaul

I know, and easy to say, but get 7 of those points we 'expected' last month we would be 2nd - bonkers.

Its the league though, just as you think a team are gong well - they lose - see Sheff Utd, Middlesbro and what's that other one..............................oh yeah Luton!

Was expecting more from Luton TBH. I'll credit our players for making them look very ordinary. Think Forest will be a tougher game...but what do I know?
Fourth. (n/t) on 10:59 - Mar 14 with 1128 viewsMyke

Fourth. (n/t) on 17:55 - Mar 13 by Damo1962

Was expecting more from Luton TBH. I'll credit our players for making them look very ordinary. Think Forest will be a tougher game...but what do I know?

Need to follow that up with a least a draw at Forest, to keep them at arms length
Fourth. (n/t) on 11:28 - Mar 14 with 1033 viewswood_hoop

Fourth. (n/t) on 10:59 - Mar 14 by Myke

Need to follow that up with a least a draw at Forest, to keep them at arms length

Have to agree, another sneaky win fine by me, but on paper a very tough game and a draw would not go amiss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024