Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser 16:23 - Mar 13 with 7098 viewsLblock

UPDATE FOR END APRIL AT BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD!!!

I was in three or four minds to post this on here for various reasons - but the over-riding factor for me was to raise funds so here it is.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/colin-goodmanhalfmillionstepschallenge?u

If anyone can spare a few quid it will be gratefully received and, most importantly, put to good use by a campaign that needs more visibility - it could save your life or the life of a man you love.

Thanks

LBlock

RTID
[Post edited 27 Apr 2022 13:25]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:30 - Mar 13 with 5039 viewsDamo1962

Done. Good luck fella 🙂
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:48 - Mar 13 with 4995 viewsQPR_Jim

Good luck, sounds like a difficult challenge let a lone with a slipped disc and a great cause.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 19:10 - Mar 13 with 4879 viewsWren67

Done. Good luck
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 06:57 - Mar 14 with 4740 viewsPunteR

Bump.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 07:46 - Mar 14 with 4711 viewswestberksr

Done

good luck with the challenge & ongoing recovery Goody; and there was us thinking it was QPR getting you all moody

all the best

Stuart
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 09:55 - Mar 14 with 4576 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Done.

Well done, Col. Much love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 10:49 - Mar 14 with 4518 viewsRangersw12

Good luck
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 12:41 - Mar 14 with 4438 viewsdaveB

All the best with it and hope you recover soon
Login to get fewer ads

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:16 - Mar 14 with 4291 viewsdoogi10

i had mine out in january just been given the all clear a great cause
gentlemen need to get checked early.the sooner it is caught more chance of a quick recovey.
from finding out to all clear 4 months.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:51 - Mar 14 with 4267 viewsPaddyhoops

Great cause. I have mine checked every year as I suffer from Benign prostate hyperplasia.
It's a slight enlargment of the prostate which is treated with one tablet a day.
Rarely have problems. Cut down on the caffeine and up the fresh veg count.Get checked out even if your GP has David seamen( Excuse the pun) hands.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:31 - Mar 14 with 4231 viewsstowmarketrange

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 16:51 - Mar 14 by Paddyhoops

Great cause. I have mine checked every year as I suffer from Benign prostate hyperplasia.
It's a slight enlargment of the prostate which is treated with one tablet a day.
Rarely have problems. Cut down on the caffeine and up the fresh veg count.Get checked out even if your GP has David seamen( Excuse the pun) hands.

As long as he hasn’t got Pat Jennings hands.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:40 - Mar 14 with 4214 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Nice one LBlock. That is some challenge mate.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:47 - Mar 14 with 4205 viewswestberksr

I'm in a similar situation in that I have a very enlarged prostate and PSA that is in the high teens; which set of all sorts of alarms when first discovered in my late 40s.

Didn't take the pills for long as I had side effects but get checked regularly and manage it from there.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 19:03 - Mar 14 with 4134 viewsPhildo

Done -good luck x
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 20:30 - Mar 14 with 4077 viewslondonscottish

Lumped on. Important topic. Keep on keeping on.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 22:01 - Mar 14 with 4003 viewsKonk

Good luck with all that walking and I hope you're all clear now. Top man for raising money to increase awareness - guess your dogs will be getting a good workout.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 22:27 - Mar 14 with 3979 viewsMyke

Me too except two tablets instead of one
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 05:43 - Mar 15 with 3915 viewssilky

So does that mean there will be many beach stomps? Best of luck with it mate

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 06:13 - Mar 15 with 3900 viewsnix

Excellent cause. Stay healthy Lblock and all of you other guys.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 08:09 - Mar 15 with 3850 viewssimmo

Added a small donation. Thanks for posting mate and good luck with it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 09:03 - Mar 15 with 3803 viewselnombre

Frode wins our Fantasy Football league pretty much every year. I put up a small prize, which he never seems to collect and which I therefore donate to charity in his name. I am sure he would be pleased to keep it in the community this year - thank you Frode!
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 09:53 - Mar 15 with 3757 viewsw7r

LBlock. Done, good luck.

As a bloke in his mid fifties, I’ve a couple of questions on this topic, do you mind if I DM you?
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 11:24 - Mar 15 with 3710 viewsLblock

Firstly some thanks….

Thanks to Clive for making this a pinned thread for a few days. I didn’t ask him and huge respect to him for doing this off of his own back. I did feel a bit fronty putting my link up as I’ve clearly been in self exile after having a word with myself some time ago. The cause was greater than my reservations though!!!

Next, my huge thanks to all who have donated. I am blown away and humbled at the response this has had the last couple of days. I fully appreciate we’re in the midst of a cost of living crisis and there’s other huge charity requirements across the globe. Any donation is massively welcome.
Take a bow each and every one of you.

Finally, I should’ve put in my original post the following very important note (which I did when posting on my LinkedIn account but forgot here).
Men need to be self aware - don’t just put things down to “it’s my age”. You simply MUST get checked out if you meet the risk category (check out Prostate Cancer UK for the risk checker). If you’re in your 50’s or above, or know someone who is, and have concerns then get things looked at - a PSA blood test is simple, the digit investigation not pleasant but is quick, then push on if any symptoms persist.

If ANYONE wants a chat about anything on this subject, or indeed Cryotherapy as a specific, then please feel free to contact me directly. I’m no expert but I’ll share what I know as frankly as I can and my embarrassment threshold is extremely low after years of following this barmy club of ours.
Give me a shout whether we’ve crossed swords here, you disagree with me or are a fan of house music – YOUR HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT and I’m happy to share.

Once again, my utmost respect to all of you on LFW

LBlock

RTID

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 12:56 - Mar 15 with 3642 viewsLythamR

Best wishes and good luck.
Prostate Cancer - Fund Raiser on 17:46 - Mar 15 with 3506 viewsHooping_Mad

Vey best of luck, hope everything goes ok

Can I just add my two pence worth, there a couple of other very 'male' cancers out there, and I am very slowly recovering from one or two of those as well so please may I add if it hasn't already been added please check yourself or even get a loved one to do it for you if your nervous or unsure

I waited 9 weeks from noticing a change to seeing my GP. During that time I grew a tennis ball sized tumour between my stomach and spine.

Waiting nine weeks meant the difference between surgery and surgery plus 3 rounds of the 'worst' Chemo imaginable.

Don't be too embarrassed to get things checked !

Thanks for starting this thread

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024