Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread 18:10 - Mar 30 with 1272 viewscolinallcars

Well, all other sorts of music seem to have their own thread.

I'm not really up on modern music. I quite liked that Jamaican chap though, what was it, Jacob Marley.
Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 18:17 - Mar 30 with 1254 viewsBoston

Bob Harley, shirley?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 18:27 - Mar 30 with 1228 viewsdmm

Who was Gregor Ian Chant anyway?
Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 18:29 - Mar 30 with 1226 viewsDaBurgh

Ah, I've been waiting for a music thread like this. Can't beat a bit of Hildegard Von Bingen, not Gregorian chants but sacred and medieval none the less.
Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 18:44 - Mar 30 with 1208 viewsRamseyR

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 19:15 - Mar 30 with 1167 viewsDannyPaddox

Along with Shakatak I’d say Henry Texier is the leading light of Gregorian Chant Jazz fusion.
Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 19:35 - Mar 30 with 1147 viewsDorse

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 19:15 - Mar 30 by DannyPaddox

Along with Shakatak I’d say Henry Texier is the leading light of Gregorian Chant Jazz fusion.

Clearly you are unaware of Dickie Bowtie and the Strangled Toadfish's work that seamlessly blends 14th century Gregorian chants with Mongolian throat singing in a playful, Satanic hip hop style, most notably on their 1998 concept album entitled 'Urinals I Have Known'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 20:12 - Mar 30 with 1118 viewsDannyPaddox

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 19:35 - Mar 30 by Dorse

Clearly you are unaware of Dickie Bowtie and the Strangled Toadfish's work that seamlessly blends 14th century Gregorian chants with Mongolian throat singing in a playful, Satanic hip hop style, most notably on their 1998 concept album entitled 'Urinals I Have Known'.

Ah Dorse, how could I forget Dickie Bowtie. I have somewhere the Urinals Of My Mind Ep. Limited edition on scratched Umbrian corn-fed porcelain. Produced by Chas (Chas & Dave) Hodges and rumoured to be on Kim Jong-Un’s infamous Pyongyang Palace jukebox.

Another chant-fusion classic which comes to mind is Do You Really Want To Contrapuntal Me? by mascara-clad medieval gender-bender Boy Gregorian.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 20:30]
Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 20:51 - Mar 30 with 1077 views222gers

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 20:12 - Mar 30 by DannyPaddox

Ah Dorse, how could I forget Dickie Bowtie. I have somewhere the Urinals Of My Mind Ep. Limited edition on scratched Umbrian corn-fed porcelain. Produced by Chas (Chas & Dave) Hodges and rumoured to be on Kim Jong-Un’s infamous Pyongyang Palace jukebox.

Another chant-fusion classic which comes to mind is Do You Really Want To Contrapuntal Me? by mascara-clad medieval gender-bender Boy Gregorian.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 20:30]

I spent years studying contrapuntal technique, along with augmented and diminished chords, harmonics, pedal-point, concordant chords and time signatures, only to find to my chagrin that all you have to do is click on a few things on the computer.
Login to get fewer ads

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 07:53 - Mar 31 with 987 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I have this on my running shuffle with the Epica and Arch Enemy.

The whole album is pretty cool.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 10:48 - Mar 31 with 938 viewsEsox_Lucius

Does anyone interested in Gregorian chanting listen to Taizé songs?

The grass is always greener.

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 11:32 - Mar 31 with 917 viewsDannyPaddox

Walter Wednesday Gregorian Chant Thread on 10:48 - Mar 31 by Esox_Lucius

Does anyone interested in Gregorian chanting listen to Taizé songs?

Taizé? I prefer Irn-Bru.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024