Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic 07:32 - Mar 30 with 3147 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I did not know he rushed back for the Leeds game from France and arrived half way through the first half.
It was an early kick off (12.45pm) not 3pm so can’t be completely accurate. (Said he arrived after 3pm)

Glad that he still loves us and is doing well with Benfica.

https://theathletic.com/3211386/2022/03/30/adel-taarabt-interview-now-i-have-thr
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 7:37]
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 07:51 - Mar 30 with 3077 viewsNorthernr

Yeh spoke with the journo last week to suggest some questions etc and he asked afterwards if that was common knowledge and I said I couldn't remember it among the litany of Adel stories so pleased you don't either.
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 09:40 - Mar 30 with 2806 viewsterryb

It would explain why he was only a substitute that day, but he came on at 55 minutes (according to the LFW match report), which would have been before 2.00pm.

It is certainly the first I've heard of this.
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 09:44 - Mar 30 with 2785 viewsAntti_Heinola

i remember it, have to say. classic Adel.

Bare bones.

Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:12 - Mar 30 with 2703 viewsPunteR

From my hazy unreliable memory, I got told he'd left the club by my sons football coach who had links to the club and I believed him at the time. Was gutted. Fall out from the player awards and Kenny getting POTS, which was ridiculous. That's how I'm remembering it. Maybe I'm getting my timings wrong?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 11:20 - Mar 30 with 2551 viewsrobith

I remember him coming on late, but I'd presumed that was to give him a big moment in a season he defined.

in hindsight him being late was probably way more probable
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 11:44 - Mar 30 with 2481 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I remember him not starting and us all being surprised. Makes sense now.
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 12:40 - Mar 30 with 2352 viewsdaveB

He was warming up in the first half, I thought he arrived late but before the game started, as ever with time these stories get exaggerated
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 16:23 - Mar 30 with 2038 viewsHAYESBOY

Adel flying in last minute dot com and other times he disappeared are all in Warnock's book 'The Gaffer'.
Worth a read.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 08:00 - Mar 31 with 1696 viewsToast_R

Quite a sad story about Chris Barker in the Athletic too. Worth a read.
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 08:44 - Mar 31 with 1654 viewsCheshireR

I had a seat in the Lower School End that day. As usual I opted for one last (celebratory) drink in the pub before the match so arrived in South Africa Road less than 5 mins before kick off.
As I approached the queue to get in a car came hurtling down the South Africa Road. The speed at which it was driven raising more than a few comments.
The car went into the players car park at the School End and out of the passenger seat came Adel.
I only just made the kick off and once inside was suprised to see he had been named as a substitute for the game.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 8:49]
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:16 - Mar 31 with 1564 viewsLunarJetman

Does anyone else subscribe to The Athletic? I usually get my news from free sites but this article is behind a pay wall so wondered what others thought. Is there enough in it for a QPR fan to subscribe to?
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:19 - Mar 31 with 1562 viewsToast_R

Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:16 - Mar 31 by LunarJetman

Does anyone else subscribe to The Athletic? I usually get my news from free sites but this article is behind a pay wall so wondered what others thought. Is there enough in it for a QPR fan to subscribe to?

Signed up yesterday for the Taarabt article - only £1 at the moment.
Went Dentist this morning and arrived a bit earlier than I planned so had a good read through the app on my phone. Pretty good to be honest.
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:25 - Mar 31 with 1556 viewsLunarJetman

Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:19 - Mar 31 by Toast_R

Signed up yesterday for the Taarabt article - only £1 at the moment.
Went Dentist this morning and arrived a bit earlier than I planned so had a good read through the app on my phone. Pretty good to be honest.

Cheers. I’m normally a bit reluctant to pay for stuff like this but am tempted this time. I guess it’s only a pound a month for 6 months!
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 10:41 - Mar 31 with 1538 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I joined up when they had a deal last year on Black Friday - 12 aussie dollars for a year (about 6 quid) - I read it occasionally and seems to have a QPR article at least monthly. Found a lot of the articles very interesting.
Interesting Adel article on The Athletic on 11:09 - Mar 31 with 1497 viewsRBlock

I subscribed on a decent deal a couple of years back when it first kicked off, and now the deals have withered away and they take 70 notes off me every September. I've grown used to the quality and range of football journalism though, which is pretty unrivalled outside niche sites like LFW/fanzines and maybe Football 365.

You don't get huge amounts of QPR content, but it's growing it's Championship output. Obviously a disproportionate amount of Premier League crap, but also decent England stuff, good coverage from European football if you're interested, great tactical analysis from Michael Cox, as well as the bizarre deep dives.

Well worth it IMO, especially if you spend a lot of time reading football journalism and have an interest outside just QPR.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 11:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024