Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain this ref? 18:06 - Apr 2 with 12580 viewsAntti_Heinola

2 mins in Mitro doesnt get a corner. Judging by his reaction, he should have, but there followed a prolonged, loud verbal abuse of the ref, far beyond the importance of the decision. No booking.
Wallace blocked off, no fk, conplains, is not only booked, but ref gives a fk to Fulham? Never seen that. What on earth could Mitro have said that *wasnt* worth a yellow?

Bare bones.

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:47 - Apr 4 with 1401 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:16 - Apr 3 by bermudabob

I sit SA road B block. Whilst the penalty was ridiculous and infuriating the incident which riled me the most was end of the first half we had a throw in Bryan was time wasting letting the ball roll between his feet pretending to kick it back then let it roll again, he was laughing, nothing new to see here of course, BUT the lino was looking him in the eye laughing with him. Small example of an officiating culture towards game management which is not right. Also shows an incredible lack of awareness or understanding of what infuriates fans. Poor, really poor.

Identical to the Albert Adomah incident earlier in the season - how we all laughed THEN?! - maybe its the players? Just a thought?
Can someone explain this ref? on 09:50 - Apr 4 with 1401 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:55 - Apr 3 by HantsR

The common sentiment expressed in C Block SAR was that we were a shade fortunate to escape a penalty for a strong challenge by Barbet several minutes prior to the 'handball'. From memory, it was probably judged as a reasonable shoulder to shoulder and Foolham player making too much of it. The 'handball' never looked one, but we presumed, wrongly it seems, that the lino must have given it. Never liked Mr Ward - that goes back to a game with the Fakes some years ago.

I think 'lino' DID give it. Ward didn't immediately give it, AR didn't flag for a corner.

They would have decided via communication system - no need for him to flag.

Logic being players surround the AR if he does and he doesn't have cards to calm them down and semi seriously, can't run away!
Can someone explain this ref? on 09:57 - Apr 4 with 1371 viewsfrancisbowles

A sharp yellow for Mitrovic and he (Ward) hasn't lost his authority. Simple!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 9:58]
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:08 - Apr 4 with 1328 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:57 - Apr 4 by francisbowles

A sharp yellow for Mitrovic and he (Ward) hasn't lost his authority. Simple!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 9:58]

Totally agree, just saying you will never see one for dissent that early at this level.
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:11 - Apr 4 with 1313 viewsHarbour

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:50 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

I think 'lino' DID give it. Ward didn't immediately give it, AR didn't flag for a corner.

They would have decided via communication system - no need for him to flag.

Logic being players surround the AR if he does and he doesn't have cards to calm them down and semi seriously, can't run away!

According to Warbs Lino did not give the pen he claims the ref gave it. Certainly no flag up by the Lino. Paul what’s your view on the handball…I thought it hit his shoulder and he made no unnatural move of his arm so no pen.
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:14 - Apr 4 with 1310 viewsstowmarketrange

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:47 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Identical to the Albert Adomah incident earlier in the season - how we all laughed THEN?! - maybe its the players? Just a thought?

I think the time wasting by Albert was after we’d turned it around from a losing position to a winning one,and it was mainly because the opposition were doing it when they were winning.Was it Preston?
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:14 - Apr 4 with 1301 viewsWatfordR

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:47 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Surely not very much the same at all. That night Blackburn had been timewasting from very early in the game - and as usual allowed to do it without any pushback from the ref. We scored late and simply gave them back what they'd given us earlier.

Plus, the point the original poster was making was more about the lino apparently endorsing the Fulham player's timewasting. I didn't see it so can't really comment..

But I don't think we can say timewasting is because of the players. If you timewaste, and get booked immediately for it, timewasting goes away from the game. Immediately. That's down to the officials, or the LOTG.
Can someone explain this ref? on 11:34 - Apr 4 with 1200 viewsQPR_John

Can someone explain this ref? on 10:08 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Totally agree, just saying you will never see one for dissent that early at this level.

“ will never see one for dissent that early at this level.”

And does that short phrase not sum up this game. The LOTG should apply from the first second to the last. Clearly they do not and that can only come from the top. A few weeks ago an England international was sent off in the 5 Nations after about 80 seconds. Did it spoil the game yes it did but in rugby the integrity of the game comes first before all else. Football is no longer a sport but a business.
Login to get fewer ads

Can someone explain this ref? on 11:57 - Apr 4 with 1145 viewsderbyhoop

Can someone explain this ref? on 10:08 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Given the serious and obvious level of dissent, possibly compounded by foul and abusive language, why not?

It ought to make the remaining 87 minutes a lot easier.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can someone explain this ref? on 13:46 - Apr 4 with 1055 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 10:11 - Apr 4 by Harbour

According to Warbs Lino did not give the pen he claims the ref gave it. Certainly no flag up by the Lino. Paul what’s your view on the handball…I thought it hit his shoulder and he made no unnatural move of his arm so no pen.

I explained why I think there was no flag. MW wouldn't have a clue how they arrived at the decision - nor do I, but looking at body language and actions of both lead me to my theory.

Penalty - same view as Clive - debateable but would have wanted it at the other end.
Someone made the good point that in real time it looked like he moved his arm before the ball hit it, but, looking at replays the movement happened afterwards.

Don't think we will get an apology as MW claims nor do I think VAR would have overturned that as an obvious error, but quite understand the strong views against.
Can someone explain this ref? on 13:48 - Apr 4 with 1042 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 10:14 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

I think the time wasting by Albert was after we’d turned it around from a losing position to a winning one,and it was mainly because the opposition were doing it when they were winning.Was it Preston?

Sorry, that's just excuses, we are either for it or against it - can't be OK for us but not for others to do it!

When we were actually winning SJ used to get loads of 'injuries' late on - even Nick and Andy started joking about it!
Can someone explain this ref? on 13:54 - Apr 4 with 1019 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 10:14 - Apr 4 by WatfordR

Surely not very much the same at all. That night Blackburn had been timewasting from very early in the game - and as usual allowed to do it without any pushback from the ref. We scored late and simply gave them back what they'd given us earlier.

Plus, the point the original poster was making was more about the lino apparently endorsing the Fulham player's timewasting. I didn't see it so can't really comment..

But I don't think we can say timewasting is because of the players. If you timewaste, and get booked immediately for it, timewasting goes away from the game. Immediately. That's down to the officials, or the LOTG.

See above - sorry its either OK or its not - it can't be OK in certain situations but not in others! & you want referees to clamp down on it - what, when its 'ok' or not?!

First player to get a 2nd yellow for 'timewasting' - lets see who his manager blames?

Even had some on here blaming Ward for Sanderson's sending off and Stroud for Dozzell's - the whole shift of emphasis needs to change - 'football' just won't accept multiple yellow and red cards for non physical offences (timewasting/dissent) - hence why we are where we are.
Can someone explain this ref? on 13:56 - Apr 4 with 1008 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 11:34 - Apr 4 by QPR_John

“ will never see one for dissent that early at this level.”

And does that short phrase not sum up this game. The LOTG should apply from the first second to the last. Clearly they do not and that can only come from the top. A few weeks ago an England international was sent off in the 5 Nations after about 80 seconds. Did it spoil the game yes it did but in rugby the integrity of the game comes first before all else. Football is no longer a sport but a business.

Yep you're right John, the top referees admit its about 'managing' the event.

Think I mentioned this earlier in the season - its actually seen as a positive to be seen to 'manage' the game and its seen as a good thing if you can do this WITHOUT flashing cards around.
Can someone explain this ref? on 14:01 - Apr 4 with 992 viewsstevec

If I was a manager I’d get my entire team to run up and surround the ref every time he blew his whistle. And then say nothing.

He’d be massively intimidated but not be able to book a single one of them, a win win situation.

Hopefully Warbs will be reading this, I might just have saved his job.
Can someone explain this ref? on 14:18 - Apr 4 with 958 viewsstowmarketrange

Can someone explain this ref? on 13:48 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

Sorry, that's just excuses, we are either for it or against it - can't be OK for us but not for others to do it!

When we were actually winning SJ used to get loads of 'injuries' late on - even Nick and Andy started joking about it!

It doesn’t matter how hard we try,we can’t compete with some other team’s time wasting tactics,and I wish the officials would/could stamp it out,but until they do,I’m quite happy to see us return the favour to teams that do it to us first.Preston have done it for years,and a few others have realised how much they can get away with now.
Isn’t it amazing that teams that are winning/drawing seem to get more injuries than teams that are losing?If we can see it,why can’t the officials?
Can someone explain this ref? on 14:27 - Apr 4 with 930 viewsA40Bosh

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:18 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

It doesn’t matter how hard we try,we can’t compete with some other team’s time wasting tactics,and I wish the officials would/could stamp it out,but until they do,I’m quite happy to see us return the favour to teams that do it to us first.Preston have done it for years,and a few others have realised how much they can get away with now.
Isn’t it amazing that teams that are winning/drawing seem to get more injuries than teams that are losing?If we can see it,why can’t the officials?

"If we can see it, why can’t the officials?"

I suspect that it is because they are being forced to make a judgement call and they don't know whether it is real or not - and they cannot take a risk a lot of the time especially when someone is holding their head and screaming in agony or players are screaming at him that there is a head injury.

I can't condone faking an injury - that Peterborough concussion substitution was the bottom of the barrel and needs to be addressed

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:35 - Apr 4 with 918 viewsstowmarketrange

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:27 - Apr 4 by A40Bosh

"If we can see it, why can’t the officials?"

I suspect that it is because they are being forced to make a judgement call and they don't know whether it is real or not - and they cannot take a risk a lot of the time especially when someone is holding their head and screaming in agony or players are screaming at him that there is a head injury.

I can't condone faking an injury - that Peterborough concussion substitution was the bottom of the barrel and needs to be addressed

Not everyone goes down with a head injury though.Or would they if the ref played on because a player was holding his leg instead?
Can someone explain this ref? on 14:41 - Apr 4 with 903 viewsMick_S

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:01 - Apr 4 by stevec

If I was a manager I’d get my entire team to run up and surround the ref every time he blew his whistle. And then say nothing.

He’d be massively intimidated but not be able to book a single one of them, a win win situation.

Hopefully Warbs will be reading this, I might just have saved his job.

Do the Hokey Cokey. That’ll show them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:58 - Apr 4 with 872 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:18 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

That's because, as Clive has said, the officials have an impossible task in regards to 'injuries' - no one is going to be the first one to ignore a career/life threatening 'fake' injury.
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:01 - Apr 4 with 855 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 14:35 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

Not everyone goes down with a head injury though.Or would they if the ref played on because a player was holding his leg instead?

No he wouldn't - another football 'myth' - no where in the LOTG does it tell us to stop the game for every head injury but ignore the rest!

Just says referee stops the play if a player is 'seriously injured', but of course that is no use because no one can tell if a player is seriously injured from miles away while trying to referee a match at the same time!
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 847 viewsfrancisbowles

If I remember correctly in the last few years, there have been a couple of initiatives or directives, the first one to get referees to clamp down on dissent and then a few years later to stop players rushing and surrounding the officials.

The dissent one, I seem to remember Bidwell getting a card on the opening day maybe against Leeds, and maybe for kicking the ball away, but the new interpretation died a death after a few weeks.

The second initiative was inconsistently applied and gradually faded out of use by the officials.

It makes me wonder WTF is wrong with these people. They have laws and directives to make their lives easier but they don't use them.
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:09 - Apr 4 with 842 viewsPinnerPaul

Of course I don't know but I can pretty much guess why these initiatives 'fade out' and its not because of the officials.

Another one I remember was about holding at corners - Mike Dean gave a few pens - uproar - its quietly dropped.

My cynical mind tells me everyone is in favour of these until they impact negatively on their own side - VAR being a great example!
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:22 - Apr 4 with 813 viewsstowmarketrange

Can someone explain this ref? on 15:01 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

No he wouldn't - another football 'myth' - no where in the LOTG does it tell us to stop the game for every head injury but ignore the rest!

Just says referee stops the play if a player is 'seriously injured', but of course that is no use because no one can tell if a player is seriously injured from miles away while trying to referee a match at the same time!

So the cheats and time wasters are allowed to get away with it with impunity?And we know it will only get worse as more teams and players get wise to it.
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:30 - Apr 4 with 793 viewsQPR_John

Can someone explain this ref? on 15:22 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

So the cheats and time wasters are allowed to get away with it with impunity?And we know it will only get worse as more teams and players get wise to it.

If a player goes down and stays down so the referee stops the game that player should go off for say 10 minutes with his team down to 10 men if the manager wants him to come back. Of course a substitution can be made.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 15:32]
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:41 - Apr 4 with 773 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone explain this ref? on 15:22 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

Of course that's not the answer, but nor is expecting the referee to make an instant diagnosis from 30 yards away - see above - any change HAS to come from the clubs/players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024