Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain this ref? 18:06 - Apr 2 with 12584 viewsAntti_Heinola

2 mins in Mitro doesnt get a corner. Judging by his reaction, he should have, but there followed a prolonged, loud verbal abuse of the ref, far beyond the importance of the decision. No booking.
Wallace blocked off, no fk, conplains, is not only booked, but ref gives a fk to Fulham? Never seen that. What on earth could Mitro have said that *wasnt* worth a yellow?

Bare bones.

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:47 - Apr 3 with 2337 viewsBklynRanger

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:07 - Apr 3 by distortR

Did Fulham have a plan on how to play this ref?
Have they done their research, and know that if you get in his ear early and vociferously, then you will get the lion's share of the decisions?
Mitrovic should have been booked for the corner incident, ref's should clampdown on this shit, it will actually make life easier for them.
Ward is weak, weak, weak.

You might have a point there - the reaction from Mitrovic at the start was almost comically over the top. Then you had the two full backs both chatting it up with the linos throughout.

Good cop bad cop shit combined with the need to kiss the arses of a league's 'glamour' team - fcuking joke all round, and that penalty decision needs properly looked into. I was more angry last night seeing it on Quest than I had been at the time.
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:03 - Apr 3 with 2273 viewsfrancisbowles

Can someone explain this ref? on 08:03 - Apr 3 by paulparker

We were Sh1t and so was the ref
Not much to add to a very bleak day yesterday

Agree about the ref but not about the team.

We were reasonably good considering the standard of the opposition. Thomas was very good, Amos played well and Sanderson was much improved.

Dickie lost Mitrovic for the goal but that's happened to most of the league this season. There were times when we could have moved the ball quicker but we were still in the game until that terrible decision.
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:09 - Apr 3 with 2255 viewsQPRSteve

I can't believe the number of poor decisions that have gone against us this season. Almost makes me become in a conspiracy theorist, its got that ridiculous. How many points has it cost us?

Every week I check Clive's piece on the ref for the game and most weeks I groan when I see which numpty we've got.
Can someone explain this ref? on 10:43 - Apr 3 with 2195 viewsQPR_John

Can someone explain this ref? on 23:19 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

me too Terry, that is an absolute horrorshow of a decision. it hits his upper arm - he moves his arm after, which possibly fools the ref but it's a criminal decision. Linesman, in line, does not flag. If we'd have got that I'd have been laughing.

Also it hits his arm from behind if you look at the trajectory of the ball. Add to that there is no way Wallace’s arm could be considered to be in an unnatural position or do players now have to run with their arms static by their side. There is no way it could be seen anything but accidental. Still as long as refs do not have to explain controversial decisions they will get away with it. Most officiate by numbers. Maybe giving a penalty when the assessor thinks it not is a lesser downgrade than not giving when the assessor thinks it is.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 10:46]
Can someone explain this ref? on 14:44 - Apr 3 with 2047 viewsLogman

There's a common theme to the referees (and their assistants) this season.

They all seem to do OK to start off with but in the second halves they lose the plot. I reckon its a confidence thing and that sub-consciously they don't think that they have 'played their part' unless they make controversial decisions and start brandishing cards. I honestly believe if there are no incidents and their involvement goes un-noticed that they think 'Oh, we didn't do too well and maybe missed some key events'.
Can someone explain this ref? on 14:55 - Apr 3 with 2019 viewsHantsR

The common sentiment expressed in C Block SAR was that we were a shade fortunate to escape a penalty for a strong challenge by Barbet several minutes prior to the 'handball'. From memory, it was probably judged as a reasonable shoulder to shoulder and Foolham player making too much of it. The 'handball' never looked one, but we presumed, wrongly it seems, that the lino must have given it. Never liked Mr Ward - that goes back to a game with the Fakes some years ago.
Can someone explain this ref? on 15:22 - Apr 3 with 1955 viewsstevenagehoop

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:33 - Apr 2 by Stanisgod

Typical Gavin Ward performance. Mostly really good first half, let loads go, took no notice of fools acting, not bad.
Second half total dogs, lost it more as the game went on, let them give the penalty, guessed decisions, crap.

Unfortunately players suss referees out and will pressurise accordingly..
Have not been impressed with standard of officials for a number of years and it seems to be getting worse - its now something to be appreciated when you get a good one.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Can someone explain this ref? on 16:01 - Apr 3 with 1877 viewsRangers67

Once Mitrovic had put the referee straight on how he wanted the game to go it was only going to go one way. How a referee can take a bollocking like that from a player as meekly as he did and not caution him tells you everything. After that the ref decided to give everything he could to Fulham. Let’s be honest they were way better than us and deserved to win but when they also get a hand from bent officials it sticks in your throat. MW saying after the game that the penalty decision affected the game in their favour is him hiding a bit I feel. They were much quicker to the ball all over the park .
Amos had a poor game along with Dykes , always seemed to be on the back foot. Field was excellent but Thomas was very good and could turn out to be real find.
Anyway the result may be a blessing in disguise as if we did fluke our way into the prem there is no doubt we would be serious cannon fodder and it could be embarrassing.
Login to get fewer ads

Can someone explain this ref? on 16:29 - Apr 3 with 1836 viewsQPR_John

Can someone explain this ref? on 16:01 - Apr 3 by Rangers67

Once Mitrovic had put the referee straight on how he wanted the game to go it was only going to go one way. How a referee can take a bollocking like that from a player as meekly as he did and not caution him tells you everything. After that the ref decided to give everything he could to Fulham. Let’s be honest they were way better than us and deserved to win but when they also get a hand from bent officials it sticks in your throat. MW saying after the game that the penalty decision affected the game in their favour is him hiding a bit I feel. They were much quicker to the ball all over the park .
Amos had a poor game along with Dykes , always seemed to be on the back foot. Field was excellent but Thomas was very good and could turn out to be real find.
Anyway the result may be a blessing in disguise as if we did fluke our way into the prem there is no doubt we would be serious cannon fodder and it could be embarrassing.

“ if we did fluke our way into the prem there is no doubt we would be serious cannon fodder and it could be embarrassing”

Cannon fodder no doubt but cannon fodder with a lot of money. More than enough for the championship. I can take supporting a yo-yo club. The trend is towards a closed shop, the Premier League and a few clubs in the Championship with parachute payments.
Can someone explain this ref? on 17:12 - Apr 3 with 1783 viewsRsStaines

I’m no expert lip reader but pretty sure Mitro called the ref not once but twice a C..t and once directly in front of him.
Can someone explain this ref? on 17:22 - Apr 3 with 1746 viewsstevec

The ref was crap but if you want any hope of getting a dodgy penalty it helps if you spend some time in the oppositions penalty area.
Can someone explain this ref? on 17:24 - Apr 3 with 1746 viewsdaveB

I thought Amos did quite well
Can someone explain this ref? on 18:25 - Apr 3 with 1637 viewsVancouverHoop

Can someone explain this ref? on 17:24 - Apr 3 by daveB

I thought Amos did quite well

I really like Amos, he's skillful and smart, but seems a bit lightweight and prone to lack of confidence. He's young and carries significant injury history, which maybe accounts for all that. I'm looking at him and Thomas to step up big time next season. Potential's there, but will carry you only so far.
Can someone explain this ref? on 18:33 - Apr 3 with 1624 viewsdistortR

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:25 - Apr 3 by VancouverHoop

I really like Amos, he's skillful and smart, but seems a bit lightweight and prone to lack of confidence. He's young and carries significant injury history, which maybe accounts for all that. I'm looking at him and Thomas to step up big time next season. Potential's there, but will carry you only so far.

really doesn't impose himself enough on games for me yet. Does some eye-catching things, but not involved enough
Can someone explain this ref? on 18:40 - Apr 3 with 1616 viewsWatfordR

Going back to that early incident where they all appealed for a corner, did anyone see it as a corner? From where I was in SAR, it looked like Mitrovic struck the ball cleanly but wide. Didn't look like any of ours got even close to deflecting the ball.
Can someone explain this ref? on 19:26 - Apr 3 with 1530 viewsHamptonR

If you think Amos had a poor game, you were not watching this game.
Can someone explain this ref? on 19:55 - Apr 3 with 1452 viewsQPROslo

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:40 - Apr 3 by WatfordR

Going back to that early incident where they all appealed for a corner, did anyone see it as a corner? From where I was in SAR, it looked like Mitrovic struck the ball cleanly but wide. Didn't look like any of ours got even close to deflecting the ball.

Think it was Dickie that got something on it watching on QPR+. London and Sinton thought so too.
Can someone explain this ref? on 20:57 - Apr 3 with 1351 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:33 - Apr 3 by distortR

really doesn't impose himself enough on games for me yet. Does some eye-catching things, but not involved enough

Would be interesting to see the stats, but suspect he won the ball more times than anyone else in our team, carried it well too. Thought he had a good game, and is the one midfielder we have with the pace and stamina to press high, and I thought actually the one player we had who I could see, not as first choice, but playing in that Fulham side.

Bare bones.

Can someone explain this ref? on 21:05 - Apr 3 with 1342 viewsManinBlack

Can someone explain this ref? on 20:57 - Apr 3 by Antti_Heinola

Would be interesting to see the stats, but suspect he won the ball more times than anyone else in our team, carried it well too. Thought he had a good game, and is the one midfielder we have with the pace and stamina to press high, and I thought actually the one player we had who I could see, not as first choice, but playing in that Fulham side.

For years we seem so meek compared to the opponents who seem to have learned from the way Man Utd used to pressure the refs that it is a sure fire way to get the officials inside.

What staggers me is game after game, our quiet lads who accept any crap, always outscore the opponents in bookings. If you study the details in each of Northern excellent write ups, we seem to win hands down for yellow cards. Fulham rant and rave at the ref and our lads get booked while they walk away with no cards.

We need to toughen up.
Can someone explain this ref? on 22:57 - Apr 3 with 1270 viewsdistortR

Can someone explain this ref? on 20:57 - Apr 3 by Antti_Heinola

we won the ball in midfield?!

My 'as yet' was not in writing him off, but in belief that he is capable of a lot more. But he needs to grab games by the scruff of the neck. Then again, that's a fault of our entire midfield latterly. We seem to be outnumbered in every area of the field, which is quite a feat!

I live in hope.
Can someone explain this ref? on 23:15 - Apr 3 with 1239 viewsted_hendrix

Can someone explain this ref? on 17:22 - Apr 3 by stevec

The ref was crap but if you want any hope of getting a dodgy penalty it helps if you spend some time in the oppositions penalty area.

It really is time we became 'streetwise' I'm convinced we are a bloody soft touch, I get pissed off watching other teams playing us and getting away with murder.

Might be a bit OTT but it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Can someone explain this ref? on 07:54 - Apr 4 with 1150 viewsHarbour

Can someone explain this ref? on 23:15 - Apr 3 by ted_hendrix

It really is time we became 'streetwise' I'm convinced we are a bloody soft touch, I get pissed off watching other teams playing us and getting away with murder.

Might be a bit OTT but it's been like that for as long as I can remember.

Yes agree with this thought for a while we need a Derry/Hill type character to do the dark arts. But still not happy with seeing 5 players surrounding the ref as Fulham did for various supposed infractions.
Can someone explain this ref? on 08:59 - Apr 4 with 1111 viewsTheChef

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:35 - Apr 2 by WatfordR

Their number six basically reffed the game. In the ref's ear all the time, and they must actually practice all running at the ref from all over the pitch waving their arms around wildly to get a decision.

Around the nineteenth minute, they get a free kick, take it from about 15 yards in front of where it should have been. Ref calls it back, so they then take it from about 10 yards in front of where it should have been. Ref actually shrugs his shoulders and lets them carry on. The moment I knew they were in charge of the reffing of the game.

Dykes elbowed in aerial challenge, nothing. Field headbutted on the ground in a tussle about five yards in front of the lino, nothing. Ridiculous penalty award. Wallace's booking, just nonsense.

Really fed up watching the pitiful standard of officiating. I don't care how much justification will be trotted out to make it seem "according to the letter of the law". If this is officiating according to the laws of the game, then the LOTG are absolute rubbish. The officiating is as much a blight on the game at Championship level as timewasting, it's ruining the thing as a spectator sport if you're going to tell people who have watched the game for decades that "they don't understand". What's a handball, what's an offside, no one knows and I think that's all to protect substandard officiating.

Yeah I don't think they were getting a pen until the number six asked Ward why he hadn't given it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:43 - Apr 4 with 1069 viewsPinnerPaul

FK after Wallace caution - ball was in play. You don't see it often because most dissent comes after ball is out of play - pen shout, corner, throw in, fk given etc.

Agree totally about Mitorivic but as at this level cautions for dissent are so rare and given only for what most refs outside the professional game would be red cards (Wallace would be a red for example), its hardly surprising they are never given out after 3 minutes!

Wrong in law yes, but its a different game at this level, which I don't agree with, but don't have much choice to go along with.
Can someone explain this ref? on 09:44 - Apr 4 with 1066 viewsRangers67

Can someone explain this ref? on 19:26 - Apr 3 by HamptonR

If you think Amos had a poor game, you were not watching this game.

Watched it from F block South Africa road . Amos was consistently off the pace and second to any 50/50 ball. Not the only one, Dykes had a similar game but had the excuse of not having played for a while. Still it,s a game of opinions and we differ. Did you watch the game ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024