Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edited - Loans into Shares 22:21 - Apr 4 with 4097 viewstoboboly

£11m apparently

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1511086468458074112
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 8:51]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Shares into loans on 22:50 - Apr 4 with 3903 views0hwestlondon

Not sure how FFP works. How much are we allowed to lose in any given period.
Shares into loans on 22:53 - Apr 4 with 3894 viewsdaveB

Shares into loans on 22:50 - Apr 4 by 0hwestlondon

Not sure how FFP works. How much are we allowed to lose in any given period.

39million over 3 years. We'll need to sell someone this summer
Shares into loans on 23:02 - Apr 4 with 3867 views0hwestlondon

Shares into loans on 22:53 - Apr 4 by daveB

39million over 3 years. We'll need to sell someone this summer

Bit of a worry if we are offloading debt like this to make sure we don't breach the 39m. Who do we sell is the question.
Shares into loans on 23:13 - Apr 4 with 3836 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Shares into loans on 23:02 - Apr 4 by 0hwestlondon

Bit of a worry if we are offloading debt like this to make sure we don't breach the 39m. Who do we sell is the question.

As someone said on the twitter article this doesn't have any effect on FFP. It just means that the club isn't saddled with any debt and the owners are covering our losses.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Shares into loans on 23:52 - Apr 4 with 3754 viewsLythamR

Its loans converted to Shares rather than the other way round

they have been doing this for a while, rueben etc putting in money, Mittal not putting in money so the conversion to new shares allocated to the people providing the loans adjusts the overall % ownership to reflect the ongoing funding
Shares into loans on 07:34 - Apr 5 with 3487 viewstoboboly

Shares into loans on 23:52 - Apr 4 by LythamR

Its loans converted to Shares rather than the other way round

they have been doing this for a while, rueben etc putting in money, Mittal not putting in money so the conversion to new shares allocated to the people providing the loans adjusts the overall % ownership to reflect the ongoing funding

Apologies, was tired

Shares into loans on 07:43 - Apr 5 with 3459 viewsstevec

Shares into loans on 23:13 - Apr 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

As someone said on the twitter article this doesn't have any effect on FFP. It just means that the club isn't saddled with any debt and the owners are covering our losses.

This in capital letters.

FFS people.
Shares into loans on 08:03 - Apr 5 with 3424 viewsNorthernr

Shares into loans on 23:13 - Apr 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

But remember, the board are crap and it will only be regression until they leave...

Making way for a mythical new owner who is desperate post pandemic and pre economic crisis to own a Championship football club, trapped in an antiquated stadium, that costs £1.8m ever month to run even in its current state.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Shares into loans on 08:22 - Apr 5 with 3367 viewsTheChef

Shares into loans on 08:03 - Apr 5 by Northernr

But remember, the board are crap and it will only be regression until they leave...

Making way for a mythical new owner who is desperate post pandemic and pre economic crisis to own a Championship football club, trapped in an antiquated stadium, that costs £1.8m ever month to run even in its current state.

Sounds cool man, where do I sign?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Shares into loans on 08:32 - Apr 5 with 3343 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You scared me with that tile, Tobobly!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Shares into loans on 08:45 - Apr 5 with 3302 viewsBAWHoops

Yeah but if they dig down and have the pitch below street level.....

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Shares into loans on 08:51 - Apr 5 with 3290 viewstoboboly

Shares into loans on 08:32 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

You scared me with that tile, Tobobly!

Apologies - will edit it

Shares into loans on 09:31 - Apr 5 with 3124 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Shares into loans on 07:43 - Apr 5 by stevec

This in capital letters.

FFS people.

Did I get it right for a change?

What a lot of people (me included) seem to forget is that even though a £39m (£39,000,000) loss over 3 years is allowed within the rules. It’s still a loss and has to be paid for by someone.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Edited - Loans into Shares on 10:49 - Apr 5 with 2942 viewsSuperhoop83

This news, coming after I was at Saturday's game, underlines the fact that football has gone to the dogs.

The whole situation is ludicrous and it's only 45 years of affliction/addiction that keeps me going to matches.

Suffering since 1978.

Edited - Loans into Shares on 10:59 - Apr 5 with 2902 viewsBostonR

Edited - Loans into Shares on 10:49 - Apr 5 by Superhoop83

This news, coming after I was at Saturday's game, underlines the fact that football has gone to the dogs.

The whole situation is ludicrous and it's only 45 years of affliction/addiction that keeps me going to matches.

The whole football mess will implode very shortly. It is not sustainable at any level apart from the supposed Euro PL clubs who can just feck-off and let the rest of us have a re-set.

What a mess! Football has lost its soul.
Edited - Loans into Shares on 11:06 - Apr 5 with 2890 viewsSuperhoop83

Edited - Loans into Shares on 10:59 - Apr 5 by BostonR

The whole football mess will implode very shortly. It is not sustainable at any level apart from the supposed Euro PL clubs who can just feck-off and let the rest of us have a re-set.

100% mate.

Suffering since 1978.

Edited - Loans into Shares on 11:31 - Apr 5 with 2826 views0hwestlondon

Exactly. I'm of an age where I don't want us to spend millions chasing the so called dream of premier league football. I know young people who support the club who think it would be a good thing if we were to spend tens of millions. I don't get it. Find it embarrassing.
Edited - Loans into Shares on 11:34 - Apr 5 with 2814 viewsBostonR

Edited - Loans into Shares on 11:31 - Apr 5 by 0hwestlondon

Exactly. I'm of an age where I don't want us to spend millions chasing the so called dream of premier league football. I know young people who support the club who think it would be a good thing if we were to spend tens of millions. I don't get it. Find it embarrassing.

We need a few high profile clubs to go to the wall and disappear never to be seen again, such as Derby. That will wake the fans up to the reality of where football sits today.
Shares into loans on 11:50 - Apr 5 with 2761 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Rich people will buy always football clubs as a means of boosting their ego, meeting the great and the good, getting a passport, etc. We're a London club in the second tier of the richest league in the world; we're a very attractive proposition to someone with ambition.
Shares into loans on 11:59 - Apr 5 with 2741 viewsCamberleyR

No Clive you're wrong. According to some on here there are loads of people who would want to buy us.

"The only way to surmount that is to get promoted and get a new ground. If the owners are not capable of doing that then they should admit failure and sell up. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers, however much people on here make out that we're an unattractive proposition. Someone with ambition and drive please."

'that' in the above quote by the way was FFP

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Edited - Loans into Shares on 12:46 - Apr 5 with 2629 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Incredible over-reaction to this. It is actually a good thing.
Shares into loans on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 2487 viewsR_from_afar

Shares into loans on 11:50 - Apr 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Rich people will buy always football clubs as a means of boosting their ego, meeting the great and the good, getting a passport, etc. We're a London club in the second tier of the richest league in the world; we're a very attractive proposition to someone with ambition.

...but you are overlooking the FFP angle. We can only spend in line with our revenues and our revenues are largely dependent on how many people we get in on match days and what income we can get from the stadium when there is no match on.

So, Bezos and Gates could form a joint venture to buy us but they wouldn't be able to spend heavily on players or staff until our revenues rose accordingly, in other words, after a new stadium has been completed. As we know to our cost, that is a very slow process anywhere in the developed world, especially in a major capital city.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Edited - Loans into Shares on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 2317 viewsNewBee

"The whole football mess will implode very shortly"

People have been saying this for decades, if not longer eg first £1,000 transfer (1905); first £100 per week player (1963); first one million pound player (1979); breakaway of the PL (1993); colapse of ITV Digital (2002) and anyone signing Emmanuel Adebayor for good money (several times since).

The fact is, English football has never been financially stronger than it is now, as evidenced by the fact that even in times of financial recession, revenues from TV, corporate, sponsorship and advertising etc, consistently hold up, before pushing upwards again as the economy recovers.

Of course, that is not the same as saying that football's wealth is evenly or fairly shared out between all those who generate it - it plainly isn't.

But even where the inequality is most starkly manifest i.e. between the PL and the Championship, fact is, with most PL clubs being unaffordable or already tied up, then the next best hope of getting a golden ticket to the Promised Land is to buy a Championship club and hope that they can supply it. Which fans of QPR and Brentford should appreciate as well as anyone.

Meaning that even despite those inequalities, the average professional football club in this country is well over a century old, with only a handful of the 100-odd full time clubs going out of business during that time. And I can't think of another single "industry" in the country which can say anything like that.

And all that's before you consider stuff like this from February: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-
Shares into loans on 01:43 - Apr 6 with 2099 viewsbob566

This is the worry for me. We have to move. We can't even fill a small stadium now. Where do you move? The current setup isn't family friendly. We've dropped down the London pecking order to be alongside Dagenham and Redbridge at this rate. You can argue otherwise but palace and dare I say it Brentford have passed us by. Loftus rd breaks my heart to say this isn't fit for purpose anymore. We have to ask ourselves why we're not selling out a small stadium in London.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024