Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How bloody good is footy? 13:44 - Apr 8 with 10602 viewsMrSheen

Some of the time, anyway. Just ask Dan Ginnane.
How bloody good is footy? on 14:17 - Jun 4 with 1686 viewsNorthernr

How bloody good is footy? on 14:16 - Jun 4 by MrSheen

How is dressing up as Hull FC supposed to help your self-confidence?

How dare you.
How bloody good is footy? on 14:46 - Jun 5 with 1616 viewsQPerthR

I haven’t seen a Uk game only Aus
How bloody good is footy? on 06:31 - Jun 9 with 1558 viewsBrisbaneR

I thought there might be a bit of chat after last nights Origin game - how good was that??

I'm obviously backing the Maroons so it was a great result, but aside from that, what a game. Every year I think, that's it, we've peaked, it cant get any tougher, faster, more dramatic, and every year the players just seem to turn the dial up a couple more notches.

Even for the uninformed that is sporting entertainment of the highest order. Cant wait for the next match and I've still no idea who wins this series.
How bloody good is footy? on 06:51 - Jun 9 with 1546 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 06:31 - Jun 9 by BrisbaneR

I thought there might be a bit of chat after last nights Origin game - how good was that??

I'm obviously backing the Maroons so it was a great result, but aside from that, what a game. Every year I think, that's it, we've peaked, it cant get any tougher, faster, more dramatic, and every year the players just seem to turn the dial up a couple more notches.

Even for the uninformed that is sporting entertainment of the highest order. Cant wait for the next match and I've still no idea who wins this series.

I was watching the first half yesterday thinking, “any minute the Blues will click and it will all be over”, then the Maroons took them to the cleaners at the start of the second. Where do they find players like Cobbo and Carrigan, looking so confident and aggressive on debut? QLD league looked in desperate straits in the last few seasons, now bouncing cheerfully back.
How bloody good is footy? on 07:26 - Jun 9 with 1518 viewsBrisbaneR

I always feel like that watching Origin - maybe the QLD 'we're the underdogs' propaganda is more effective than I think, but it does always feels like the Blues are coming to get them.

Carrigan was outstanding wasn't he? He's played basically on his own as a young bloke for a couple of years in a busted Bronco's forward pack (better now), but put him in with some quality around him and he gets a chance to show what he can do. Cotter was fantastic too, a real energizer bunny. Hard to find a Maroon who didn't have a good game.

Any predictions?
How bloody good is footy? on 08:15 - Jun 9 with 1493 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 07:26 - Jun 9 by BrisbaneR

I always feel like that watching Origin - maybe the QLD 'we're the underdogs' propaganda is more effective than I think, but it does always feels like the Blues are coming to get them.

Carrigan was outstanding wasn't he? He's played basically on his own as a young bloke for a couple of years in a busted Bronco's forward pack (better now), but put him in with some quality around him and he gets a chance to show what he can do. Cotter was fantastic too, a real energizer bunny. Hard to find a Maroon who didn't have a good game.

Any predictions?

I've been watching origin for over 20 years and I don't think I've seen a performance like Carrigans. He was everywhere and tackled everything that moved.
How bloody good is footy? on 10:41 - Jun 9 with 1471 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 07:26 - Jun 9 by BrisbaneR

Any predictions?

None whatsoever, except that there will be lots of different faces in the Blues squad. Reynolds, Koroisau among those coming in, Crichton, Sims, RCG, Cleary even out?
How bloody good is footy? on 11:36 - Jun 9 with 1457 viewsozranger

Watched the game last night. Was quite something. Great I got to both the Eels v Manly and Raiders v Eels beforehand so that I had something to compare. Came close to going to the game, but chose to just watch it on the box. Great game. Clive does not know the score so don't tell him as he will watch it later. Hopefully, I will get to one or two more before I head back to the beginning of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

How bloody good is footy? on 10:57 - Jun 18 with 1300 viewsMrSheen

Sivo is back! Great game between the Eels and the Roosters.
How bloody good is footy? on 10:59 - Jun 18 with 1292 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 10:57 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

Sivo is back! Great game between the Eels and the Roosters.

Battering each other. Great entertainment.
How bloody good is footy? on 11:07 - Jun 18 with 1271 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 10:59 - Jun 18 by ozexile

Battering each other. Great entertainment.

What a try that was! Worried the Roosters might get swamped for a while.
How bloody good is footy? on 11:13 - Jun 18 with 1260 viewsMrSheen

Even better.
How bloody good is footy? on 11:18 - Jun 18 with 1253 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 11:13 - Jun 18 by MrSheen

Even better.

They are on fire. Roosters are praying for half time.
How bloody good is footy? on 12:25 - Jun 18 with 1216 viewsMrSheen

Ah well, another heroic defeat. What a run of fixtures, Melbourne-Parra-Penrith.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 12:28]
How bloody good is footy? on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 1064 viewsozexile

Anyone watching the start of Origin. Absolutely brutal. 3 off already for HIA.
How bloody good is footy? on 11:33 - Jul 13 with 1050 viewsNorthernr

Absolutely fcking brutal. There's going to be nobody left at this rate.
How bloody good is footy? on 11:59 - Jul 13 with 1041 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 11:33 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Absolutely fcking brutal. There's going to be nobody left at this rate.

NSW seem to be controlling it now. Start of the 2nd half will be fireworks again.
How bloody good is footy? on 12:51 - Jul 13 with 1031 viewsMrSheen

Where does this Ponga go between origins?

Treated to a great DCE team talk on the stream during the Channel 9 break!
How bloody good is footy? on 13:10 - Jul 13 with 1017 viewsMrSheen

2015 exorcised. Well done Ben Hunt.
How bloody good is footy? on 13:16 - Jul 13 with 1014 viewsozranger

How bloody good is footy? on 12:51 - Jul 13 by MrSheen

Where does this Ponga go between origins?

Treated to a great DCE team talk on the stream during the Channel 9 break!

Ponga definitely MotM tonight here. And what a way to finish the game. Tedesco was great in the losing team but let down by a good few too many errors by his teammates.
How bloody good is footy? on 14:17 - Jul 13 with 1003 viewsNorthernr

I think after they took the lead Qld completed at 100% and missed zero tackles. You do well to beat that. I went to Hull Leeds last week, Hull missed 28 tackles in a half.

I thought NSW relied too much on Cleary and Tedesco. Qld did a great job on both, but they kept going there, resulting in the try at the end. Luai is great, scored, didn't see it enough. Burton's in the team to kick, but only did so once, and nearly bounced it back off the moon.

Ponga MOTM agree but where is that Ponga most weeks? Newcastle play better with Hoy than him atm. He could be the best player in the world but he doesn't show up too often. Incredible tonight, he'll go back to being pony for the Knights on a stupid contract.
How bloody good is footy? on 17:04 - Jul 27 with 820 viewsSuffolkHoop

Interesting weekend coming up in the NRL. Manly v Roosters game is in the news already for obvious reasons but I'm looking forward to seeing if the Warriors can get another win back at home in Auckland vs Melbourne who I think have lost 4 in a row now.
How bloody good is footy? on 17:40 - Jul 27 with 791 viewsozranger

How bloody good is footy? on 17:04 - Jul 27 by SuffolkHoop

Interesting weekend coming up in the NRL. Manly v Roosters game is in the news already for obvious reasons but I'm looking forward to seeing if the Warriors can get another win back at home in Auckland vs Melbourne who I think have lost 4 in a row now.

Melbourne are heavily favoured by the bookies, almost unbackable in this match, even with the fact they are playing in Auckland. Anyway, it is probably just a storm in a tea cup, this horror run they are experiencing and they should consolidate their position in the eight with another win... and now watch them get beaten easily.
How bloody good is footy? on 11:52 - Jul 28 with 716 viewsSuffolkHoop

Roosters looking comfortable.
How bloody good is footy? on 14:42 - Jul 28 with 658 viewsozranger

How bloody good is footy? on 11:52 - Jul 28 by SuffolkHoop

Roosters looking comfortable.

Yeah, but they played sh*t today. Manly were missing a number of players and should have been down to 12 after two minutes. In rugby, as I told Clive, that would have been a yellow card (ten minutes) plus a penalty try as the illegal tackler was the only one able to stop him scoring. Anyway, Manly were rubbish without their missing players and really the Roosters should have won by a lot but with nearly a full team stuffed up on so many occasions. I almost fell asleep watching that second half. Of course, being a Bears fan, I was still happy Manly lost.

As to Collins, I would assume his chances of playing again this season are rather minimal, having just returned from a concussion injury in the 3rd SoO.

Tomorrow's big game is not in NZ but the Eels hosting the Panthers after. That should be good to watch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024