Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How bloody good is footy? 13:44 - Apr 8 with 10603 viewsMrSheen

Some of the time, anyway. Just ask Dan Ginnane.
How bloody good is footy? on 13:53 - Sep 2 with 1153 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 12:22 - Sep 2 by ozexile

He's very good. Also on Triple M at the weekends.

He certainly comes over as thoughtful and articulate, not just one of the boys.
How bloody good is footy? on 14:43 - Sep 2 with 1111 viewsozranger

Speaking of commentators, I was at a recent sports history conference in Leicester and was quite surprised that no one there at the RL session knew about Rampaging Roy Slaven and HG Nelson (aka Roy & HG). I know they will be calling the action on the card table for the GF on 2 Oct. If you ever get a chance to listen to them in action, it is very worthwhile. I am sure there are some excerpts on Youtube as well.
How bloody good is footy? on 22:10 - Sep 9 with 1020 viewsterryb

To answer the original question, it can be awful based on tonight's game between Catalans & Leeds!

As someone who doesn't know the finer points of the game, I thought Leeds were the better team & deserved to win, but the whole match was worse than watching West Bromich Albion!

Maybe my lack of knowledge of the laws didn't help me, but is Childs really a top referee? I gained the impression that Leeds didn't just get every 50/50 decision, but all of the 40/60 ones as well!

Hopefully the Huddersfierld Salford affair will be better entertainment.
How bloody good is footy? on 23:47 - Sep 9 with 1011 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 22:10 - Sep 9 by terryb

To answer the original question, it can be awful based on tonight's game between Catalans & Leeds!

As someone who doesn't know the finer points of the game, I thought Leeds were the better team & deserved to win, but the whole match was worse than watching West Bromich Albion!

Maybe my lack of knowledge of the laws didn't help me, but is Childs really a top referee? I gained the impression that Leeds didn't just get every 50/50 decision, but all of the 40/60 ones as well!

Hopefully the Huddersfierld Salford affair will be better entertainment.

To be honest Terry, I’ve hardly watched a game of SuperLeague in five years, barely know who’s playing. Superb game in Sydney this morning though, the Panthers let Parramatta charge around like angry bulls for an hour, before Nathan Cleary slipped the sword between their shoulders. Utterly ruthless, hard to see who’ll beat them given how fit and rested they’ll be.
How bloody good is footy? on 07:37 - Sep 10 with 968 viewsSydneyRs

How bloody good is footy? on 23:47 - Sep 9 by MrSheen

To be honest Terry, I’ve hardly watched a game of SuperLeague in five years, barely know who’s playing. Superb game in Sydney this morning though, the Panthers let Parramatta charge around like angry bulls for an hour, before Nathan Cleary slipped the sword between their shoulders. Utterly ruthless, hard to see who’ll beat them given how fit and rested they’ll be.

Cleary's five week suspension was perfectly timed for him to come back fresh for the finals. Can't really see anyone stopping them.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 7:38]
How bloody good is footy? on 10:04 - Sep 10 with 943 viewsMrSheen

Sudden death cliffhanger. Dan’s going to burst.
How bloody good is footy? on 09:30 - Sep 11 with 912 viewsSydneyRs

Had to listen to the Roosters fans crowing about winning a dead rubber in the stadium last week. A bit quieter today!

Seven sin bins in one game, outstanding.
How bloody good is footy? on 10:07 - Sep 11 with 901 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 09:30 - Sep 11 by SydneyRs

Had to listen to the Roosters fans crowing about winning a dead rubber in the stadium last week. A bit quieter today!

Seven sin bins in one game, outstanding.

What a game. Be interesting to see how the bunnies pull up next week. I reckon that was their final.
Login to get fewer ads

How bloody good is footy? on 12:13 - Sep 11 with 881 viewsNorthernr

The games this weekend have been unreal.

Klein made a bit of a mess of that today, binning Radley early for nothing very much and setting a bad precedent. Still, great entertainment.
How bloody good is footy? on 12:42 - Sep 11 with 851 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 12:13 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Klein made a bit of a mess of that today, binning Radley early for nothing very much and setting a bad precedent. Still, great entertainment.

I have no idea what the answer is but it seems harsh that Burgess can go high on Tedesco get 10 mins but Tedesco is out for the game. Maybe a rule that if a high shot results in a concussion the offending player has to sit out as well?
How bloody good is footy? on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 833 viewsSydneyRs

How bloody good is footy? on 10:07 - Sep 11 by ozexile

What a game. Be interesting to see how the bunnies pull up next week. I reckon that was their final.

You may be right, but Cronulla also had a very tough night at the office, 95 minutes whereas as half the Souths team had ten minutes off!
How bloody good is footy? on 14:48 - Sep 11 with 832 viewsSydneyRs

How bloody good is footy? on 12:13 - Sep 11 by Northernr

Some of the sin bins were very soft. Souths managed to score while two men down though. Sometimes having the advantage gets in your head. Roosters also lost two of their best to injury. Tedesco probably the world's best player.

First week of NRL finals is always great.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 14:50]
How bloody good is footy? on 14:50 - Sep 11 with 825 viewsNorthernr

How bloody good is footy? on 14:48 - Sep 11 by SydneyRs

Some of the sin bins were very soft. Souths managed to score while two men down though. Sometimes having the advantage gets in your head. Roosters also lost two of their best to injury. Tedesco probably the world's best player.

First week of NRL finals is always great.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 14:50]

I struggle to see why Klein is considered the top NRL referee.
It's not even a month since he was booted for a week for botching something in the bunker.
How bloody good is footy? on 14:55 - Sep 11 with 823 viewsSydneyRs

How bloody good is footy? on 14:50 - Sep 11 by Northernr

I struggle to see why Klein is considered the top NRL referee.
It's not even a month since he was booted for a week for botching something in the bunker.

He made a mess of it today. The concussion rules change everything though, bit of a lottery in terms of potentially losing otherwise fit players.
How bloody good is footy? on 01:37 - Sep 12 with 788 viewsSydneyRs

How bloody good is footy? on 14:43 - Sep 2 by ozranger

Speaking of commentators, I was at a recent sports history conference in Leicester and was quite surprised that no one there at the RL session knew about Rampaging Roy Slaven and HG Nelson (aka Roy & HG). I know they will be calling the action on the card table for the GF on 2 Oct. If you ever get a chance to listen to them in action, it is very worthwhile. I am sure there are some excerpts on Youtube as well.

They are brilliant. Was always good to turn the TV sound down and and listen to their commentary instead during state of origin games.
How bloody good is footy? on 02:22 - Sep 12 with 771 viewsBrisbaneR

Panthers are unbackable favourites, and rightly so....but, I'm looking for someone to put a couple of $'s on for a bit of fun...Cowboys are paying $5 to win the final and watching Taumalolo turn back the clock the other night they might be worth a punt...if nothing else they are great to watch.

Otherwise, Raiders at $21 - in the mood they can beat anyone, but they have to be in the mood three times in a row now don't they?

Who do we think if not the Panthers?
How bloody good is footy? on 05:19 - Sep 12 with 747 viewsSydneyRs

How bloody good is footy? on 02:22 - Sep 12 by BrisbaneR

Panthers are unbackable favourites, and rightly so....but, I'm looking for someone to put a couple of $'s on for a bit of fun...Cowboys are paying $5 to win the final and watching Taumalolo turn back the clock the other night they might be worth a punt...if nothing else they are great to watch.

Otherwise, Raiders at $21 - in the mood they can beat anyone, but they have to be in the mood three times in a row now don't they?

Who do we think if not the Panthers?

Maybe Eels but I think the Cowboys might get them even if they beat Canberra. Eels also definitely have a bad performance in them every now and then.

Would absolutely love Souths to repeat 2014 but I think the road may be too hard. Could have won it last year, were just starting to get on top in the GF when Penrith took an intercept and that was the game done. Beat them in the first week of the finals too.
How bloody good is footy? on 15:06 - Sep 17 with 670 viewsSydneyRs

Just back from the Souths game. Expected it to be close but we spanked them in the end. Great atmosphere in the ground too.

Penrith next week. Will be very tough but I do give us a chance with Latrell Mitchell in this form. Missed him badly in the finals last year.

South Sydney marches on!
How bloody good is footy? on 09:54 - Oct 2 with 628 viewsMrSheen

Penrith Panzers.
How bloody good is footy? on 10:06 - Oct 2 with 600 viewsozexile

How bloody good is footy? on 09:54 - Oct 2 by MrSheen

Penrith Panzers.

They are some team. Absolute power all over the field.
How bloody good is footy? on 10:24 - Oct 2 with 588 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 10:06 - Oct 2 by ozexile

They are some team. Absolute power all over the field.

Particularly shocking to see Parra on the receiving end.

By the way, is there a referee tonight?
How bloody good is footy? on 15:07 - Oct 2 with 499 viewsSydneyRs

Absolute clinic put on by the Penrith Panthers in the GF tonight. Such a strong team.

Don't let the late Eels tries and the 28-12 scoreline fool you. This was an absolute belting from start to finish, Eels were never in the game. It was more like watching a 50-0 type game.

That's a wrap for another year in the NRL. Back in March!
How bloody good is footy? on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 455 viewsNorthernr

Basically an unplayable team. Perfect RL side. So impressive.
I guess the rest of the league just has to wait until they lose a few cos of the cap...
How bloody good is footy? on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 409 viewsMrSheen

How bloody good is footy? on 17:09 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Basically an unplayable team. Perfect RL side. So impressive.
I guess the rest of the league just has to wait until they lose a few cos of the cap...

Koroisau and Kikau off, but as the Panthers reserves and juniors also won titles, the rest might not catch up for some time.
How bloody good is footy? on 19:04 - Oct 2 with 381 viewsNorthernr

How bloody good is footy? on 18:01 - Oct 2 by MrSheen

Koroisau and Kikau off, but as the Panthers reserves and juniors also won titles, the rest might not catch up for some time.

Indeed, but a couple of years back I didn't think anybody would touch Melbourne for years to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024