Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird things going on in the house.... 08:39 - Oct 1 with 5798 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Thought I would put this out, as it might kill some time on the journey to Brizzle today.
We have lived in our house for 15 years and there is some weird stuff going on. I am not religious, nor do I have a strong belief in the spiritual, but I am now at a loss as to how to explain the following incidents. Listed in order, any thoughts or possible explanations appreciated.

1. A couple of years after we moved in, we were in bed, suddenly a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Windows shut, we are non smokers, only ones in the house.

2. Footsteps going up and down the stairs, hallway and landing. Kids and wife have heard them, plus my wifes friend who stayed over. She was freaked out by it, but knew nothing about it beforehand.

3. Two months after my Dad died our bedroom lights came on in the middle of night.

4. The night my wife's aunt died 3 years ago our bedroom lights started flashing. We were asleep, and as soon as I opened my eyes they came on full blast.

5. Last month our ensuite bathroom light came on. Wife got up and switched it off, it then it came back on again. It was my wife's long dead Nans birthday.

The lights were not flickering, so I dont think its faulty wiring. The footsteps have been heard on and off for the past 3 years, since we had some building work done.

Any explanations welcome!
Weird things going on in the house.... on 08:53 - Oct 1 with 4041 viewsBklynRanger

You're not living over a pet cemetery are you?

Your 3rd-last sentence about not 'thinking' it's faulty wiring suggests it might be worth having an electrician looking at it all anyway - considering the number of slightly spooky experiences you've had with lights.

On the footstep stuff, I wonder if it could be reverberations from adjacent houses or similar movement coming through from outside - I know a footstep is a pretty specific sound but you never know.

Either way find out how much those haunted house shows pay and at least try to make a bit of cash out of this suburban terror. Good luck.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:03 - Oct 1 with 3996 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Maybe your building work... disturbed something.

Something that wasn't meant to be disturbed.....

Other than that was you sparks a Romanian former truck driver called Karol? His lighting wiring does that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:03 - Oct 1 with 3996 viewsWokingR

Well, if it’s not you you’re wife is probably a witch and you’re definitely a gonner mate.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:12 - Oct 1 with 3968 viewsDorse

There is always an unholy stench emanating from the bathroom after my son has been in there. He claims to know nothing about it and cannot explain it. He puts it down to vengeful spirits who also spray piss around like toddler with a fire hose. We have contacted Father Gilhooley O'Malley's Demonbuster Exorcisms Ltd to investigate.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:33 - Oct 1 with 3915 viewsPunteR

Not to frighten you Wilkinswatercarrier.. but it's definitely demons.
Best you call Dr Venkman.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:34 - Oct 1 with 3911 viewsdavman

Weird things going on in the house.... on 08:53 - Oct 1 by BklynRanger

You're not living over a pet cemetery are you?

Your 3rd-last sentence about not 'thinking' it's faulty wiring suggests it might be worth having an electrician looking at it all anyway - considering the number of slightly spooky experiences you've had with lights.

On the footstep stuff, I wonder if it could be reverberations from adjacent houses or similar movement coming through from outside - I know a footstep is a pretty specific sound but you never know.

Either way find out how much those haunted house shows pay and at least try to make a bit of cash out of this suburban terror. Good luck.

Alternatively this visitor could be the original sparky testing his work...

Top pranksters you have there matey - which is more likely, the kids or the wife?

Of corse it COULD bd a ghost, but that's up to you to decide how likely that is. I doubt that as there is always a logical explanation when ALL facts are out there, but I have not witnessed any of the events. You decide...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:46 - Oct 1 with 3888 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Weird things going on in the house.... on 09:34 - Oct 1 by davman

Alternatively this visitor could be the original sparky testing his work...

Top pranksters you have there matey - which is more likely, the kids or the wife?

Of corse it COULD bd a ghost, but that's up to you to decide how likely that is. I doubt that as there is always a logical explanation when ALL facts are out there, but I have not witnessed any of the events. You decide...

Definitely not the kids mucking about, my daughter is terrified going to bed because of the footsteps. My wife, who believes in the 'other side' asked whoever it was to stop as it was scaring the kids, it then stopped for a while, but started up again.

I'm in total agreement that there must be a logical explanation as I dont believe in all of that, but I'm stumped. The stairs are against the outside wall, so can't be hearing the neighbours.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 11:10 - Oct 1 with 3749 viewsBoston

Here's Johnny!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:03 - Oct 1 with 3668 viewsDannyPaddox

It’s Madiba time …

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:07 - Oct 1 with 3653 viewsBklynRanger

There had to be the right niche in the market for Madiba eventually - this is indeed his moment
[Post edited 1 Oct 2022 12:07]
Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:13 - Oct 1 with 3643 viewsessextaxiboy

Squirrels ... or rats

Smell ..Burnt Squirrel from eating wiring
Footsteps ..Squirrel on the move
Lights... hungry suicidal squirrel (see 1)
Building work ... Squirrel entry point
Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:33 - Oct 1 with 3608 viewsLythamR

Occasional leakage from a parallel universe through a rift in the space/time continuum. Just because you don't smoke in this universe doesn't mean that your doppelgänger doesn't have the occasional puff

Somewhere in the multiverse Dykes gets a Hat-trick today
Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 3593 viewsstevec

Take it you’ve checked your attic and any adjoining walls?
Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:55 - Oct 1 with 3567 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:40 - Oct 1 by stevec

Take it you’ve checked your attic and any adjoining walls?

Dont have an attic as that's now the bedroom where the lights keep going on and off.
And those that say it's a squirrel, it must be f@%#ing big to make footsteps you can hear in the other room !!!
Haven't checked the wall, but it's not coming from there.

Might call 555-2368.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:02 - Oct 1 with 3546 viewsLblock

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:03 - Oct 1 by DannyPaddox

It’s Madiba time …

Hasn't candleFace signed him for Bournmuff yet?

"Twiifick player... 'ad 'im at West ham... got a great off shaw account"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:04 - Oct 1 with 3541 viewsDannyPaddox

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:13 - Oct 1 by essextaxiboy

Squirrels ... or rats

Smell ..Burnt Squirrel from eating wiring
Footsteps ..Squirrel on the move
Lights... hungry suicidal squirrel (see 1)
Building work ... Squirrel entry point

Burnt squirrels smelling like cigarettes. It’s plausible.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:13 - Oct 1 with 3518 viewsBklynRanger

Thinking outside the box, perhaps this is some form of spectral retribution for the careful planning and restraint you have here-to-fore applied in the area of your personal finances?
The dead/undead can be a churlish bunch.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:27 - Oct 1 with 3470 viewskensalriser

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:55 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Dont have an attic as that's now the bedroom where the lights keep going on and off.
And those that say it's a squirrel, it must be f@%#ing big to make footsteps you can hear in the other room !!!

Might call 555-2368.

We get squirrels on the flat roofs all the time, they are noisy f**ckers and the roof skin acts like a drum. One got into the roof void through a hole in the soffit once and until we got it fixed was in and out almost every night bouncing about like several drunk and wired uncles at a wedding dancing to breakbeat psy-trance.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:36 - Oct 1 with 3446 viewsessextaxiboy

I see that you havnt heard the footsteps , could it be pipes contracting in the joists ....or a GIANT SQUIRREL
Weird things going on in the house.... on 13:41 - Oct 1 with 3436 viewsKingstan

How old are your children?

I grew up in a house with stuff like this happening over a five year period. The best explanation given was that my sister and I were going through puberty at the same time as my parents were going through a marriage crises.

We all saw the man who appeared regularly wearing a brown checked zoot suit. He would appear whilst friiends were around too.

I hope this helps.
Weird things going on in the house.... on 14:12 - Oct 1 with 3371 viewsloftus77

I was worried Lee and Les were up to something....
Weird things going on in the house.... on 14:21 - Oct 1 with 3325 viewsstevec

Weird things going on in the house.... on 12:55 - Oct 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Might call 555-2368.

This builder, what did he look like? …

Weird things going on in the house.... on 14:45 - Oct 1 with 3275 viewsSonofpugwash

You could just have found Lord Lucan.

Or Elvis.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Weird things going on in the house.... on 17:10 - Oct 1 with 3173 viewsitsbiga

Youve probably got hippies.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Weird things going on in the house.... on 17:21 - Oct 1 with 3130 viewsitsbiga

House I live in has really old wiring. We have a couple lights go on and off randomly pretty often.
I wonder if wifi and cellphones n such interfere with old lectrics as they aren’t shielded the same as modern stuff. Some of our wiring is pretty frayed and crumbly.
With the footsteps deal that might be from plumbing. A pipe moving and banging on a joist as it expands or contracts from the central heating.
I don’t believe it ghosts n ghouls at all. Total rubbish.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024