Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Letter to EFL re Sky 19:00 - Apr 11 with 2686 viewscolinallcars

I wrote to the EFL complaining about Sky's monopoly over our fixture list.
Well, at least they replied expeditiously. Whilst they monitor the frequency of certain teams' scheduling, Sky have complete control and take into account form, attendances, the profile of games etc.
Just waffle really. They reminded me that games can also be postponed for reasons such as weather…..!
Wow, I didn't know that guv.
No sympathy offered re the way Sky's scheduling has caused us so many problems. I suppose I didn't really expect anything else.

Letter to EFL re Sky on 19:56 - Apr 11 with 2476 viewsStanisgod

No reason as to why they picked this particular game then for no apparent reason at all.
Utter c#nts. Arrogant bast#rds.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Letter to EFL re Sky on 22:44 - Apr 11 with 2188 viewsLazyFan

They keep picking us as we are cheap to set the cameras up (just down the road) so, less overtime to pay the staff and in and out.

We also leak goals like a ... well like QPR. So, they know the chances of 0-0 are like the chances of Priti Patel housing Ukrainians or Dishie Rishi not pining for oligarch monies.

zzzzzzzzzz

Letter to EFL re Sky on 09:36 - Apr 12 with 1951 viewsTonto

if I recall Hoos said it was worth £750k per game when we are picked. so its not all bad. we made a few mill off sky this year if my memory is right*

* I am 51, sleep deprived by having a 2 year old and have known beverages of fermented grapes and grains

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Letter to EFL re Sky on 09:42 - Apr 12 with 1927 viewsslmrstid

Letter to EFL re Sky on 09:36 - Apr 12 by Tonto

if I recall Hoos said it was worth £750k per game when we are picked. so its not all bad. we made a few mill off sky this year if my memory is right*

* I am 51, sleep deprived by having a 2 year old and have known beverages of fermented grapes and grains

I think its £75k rather than £750k, but does that £75k give the club extra money, or does it barely replace the lost money from there being less people in the ground buying tickets/food/merchandise etc...?
Letter to EFL re Sky on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 1910 viewsTonto

so we agree there is a 7 and a 5...

yes i agree if its only £75k, then it probably only just covers costs. lets hope im right

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Letter to EFL re Sky on 10:06 - Apr 12 with 1881 viewsterryb

Letter to EFL re Sky on 19:56 - Apr 11 by Stanisgod

No reason as to why they picked this particular game then for no apparent reason at all.
Utter c#nts. Arrogant bast#rds.

Like everyone else on here, I'm pissed off about this match being a Friday night game.

However, "No reason as to why they picked this particular game then for no apparent reason at all."

There is a very easy reason. In all probability, Sheffield United will need the points to qualify for the play offs. Yes, they could have selected Huddersfield, Forest, 'boro or Luton instead (that would have been nice), but we can't argue that the match is in consequential.

It is Sheffield United that have been selected for coverage, not Queens Park Rangers. Personally, I think they would have already made sure of their play off spot, but that is by no means certain.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 10:07]
Letter to EFL re Sky on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 1866 viewsStanisgod

Letter to EFL re Sky on 10:06 - Apr 12 by terryb

Like everyone else on here, I'm pissed off about this match being a Friday night game.

However, "No reason as to why they picked this particular game then for no apparent reason at all."

There is a very easy reason. In all probability, Sheffield United will need the points to qualify for the play offs. Yes, they could have selected Huddersfield, Forest, 'boro or Luton instead (that would have been nice), but we can't argue that the match is in consequential.

It is Sheffield United that have been selected for coverage, not Queens Park Rangers. Personally, I think they would have already made sure of their play off spot, but that is by no means certain.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 10:07]

But surely, they're only here for the Rangers 😜

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Letter to EFL re Sky on 10:32 - Apr 12 with 1818 viewsfrancisbowles

Well done to the op for making the effort.

If fans voices are to be heard and have an impact on this policy then it needs a collective effort.

Is there one or more multi club supporters groups than could represent our views? Some collective petition effort that might not be so easy to fob off.

We do need to have an idea of a solution to the problem that works for everyone though.

Football needs the Sky money, albeit it it's not enough at our level. Sky needs the matches to fill it's schedule and attract and retain subscribers. We need something that is more stable and/or offers fans partial refunds on season and match tickets purchased before a date switch and compensation for affected travel plans.

With EFL highlights moving away from Quest to ITV maybe next season is the time to highlight this issue.
Login to get fewer ads

Letter to EFL re Sky on 11:48 - Apr 12 with 1709 viewsDannyPaddox

Following Colin’s lead I too have sent a letter …

No reply as yet.
Letter to EFL re Sky on 11:57 - Apr 12 with 1696 viewsdaveB

Said it before so sorry for repeating but there is no reason why they can't pick games earlier. The World Cup kicks off in November, already it's all agreed which channel is showing which game, what time they will all kick off etc, I get that is a different kind of competition but did they really have to wait till 3 weeks before to decide QPR v Sheff Utd was worth showing. It's been clear at least one of those sides would be around the top 6 since January.

The EFL have to show some leadership and insist all tv games are decided at least 2 months in advance. There is no excuse to announce this so late.

I feel for the Sheff Utd fans as well who will have booked travel for the saturday and won't be getting refunds
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024