Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gazza 23:36 - Apr 14 with 1895 viewsstowmarketrange

Did anyone else watch the documentary on Gazza last night?I think most of us knew he had/has problems,but it really shows how morally bankrupt the tabloid press was,and probably still is.I really don’t know how these f uckers sleep at night.Instigating punch ups in Italy during the 1990 World Cup was just one of their schemes.
The sooner they go to the wall the better in my view.
Gazza on 00:09 - Apr 15 with 1808 viewsLogman

Yes, I did watch it and you are right, he was a sitting target for the gutter press. About 5 minutes into the documentary I thought that it could just as easily have been about Amy Winehouse and I very much expect that the second part of the documentary next week will further compound that view, although of course, for Amy there was no way back.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 2:46]
Gazza on 00:16 - Apr 15 with 1791 viewsstowmarketrange

Gazza on 00:09 - Apr 15 by Logman

Yes, I did watch it and you are right, he was a sitting target for the gutter press. About 5 minutes into the documentary I thought that it could just as easily have been about Amy Winehouse and I very much expect that the second part of the documentary next week will further compound that view, although of course, for Amy there was no way back.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 2:46]

I watched the 2nd part on iplayer and they really stick their claws into him.My brother does jobs for him now as he lives in Dorset too,and he really is fuct up because of the way he was treated by the gutter press.Surely you should help him deal with his problems but that doesn’t sell newspapers like digging the dirt on Gazza.
Gazza on 03:02 - Apr 15 with 1688 viewsSydneyRs

This media behaviour won't change until people stop buying it. There's no point people moaning about Gazza's treatment while still reading The Sun, Mirror, Mail etc.

He recently played in a celebrity game at Rangers and reprised his stupid flute celebration from many years ago. He was a pathetic sight to be honest, looking far older than his actual age.
Gazza on 07:09 - Apr 15 with 1574 viewsstowmarketrange

Gazza on 03:02 - Apr 15 by SydneyRs

This media behaviour won't change until people stop buying it. There's no point people moaning about Gazza's treatment while still reading The Sun, Mirror, Mail etc.

He recently played in a celebrity game at Rangers and reprised his stupid flute celebration from many years ago. He was a pathetic sight to be honest, looking far older than his actual age.

I totally agree mate.I haven’t bought any national newspapers for about 15 years,and it’s even longer since I bought the Daily Mirror.I don’t remember ever buying the sun or the news of the world as I normally have enough toilet paper in the house,and that’s all they’re fit for.

Most former professional footballers in their 50’s could manage to play for 45 minutes or so,but he could only play for about 5 minutes at the end.It is sad to see anyone struggling like that,but especially so to see one of the best English players over the last 40 years deteriorate so badly so young.I expect that in the next 5-10 years we’ll all wake up to the headlines that he’s died,but it’s hard to know how he can be helped to deal with his demons once and for all.
Gazza on 07:26 - Apr 15 with 1548 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Really poignant that his peak turned out to be the WC semi. He literally had the world at his feet.
Gazza on 07:46 - Apr 15 with 1516 viewsstevec

I didn’t realise it was all the fault of the press.

I remember a game down here, first time he came up against Paul Parker, and he seemed to take a particular dislike throughout the second half to the fact Parker had the better of him. Very uncomfortable.

Still, I’m sure he’d have been a top bloke if it wasn’t for the press.
Gazza on 07:52 - Apr 15 with 1501 viewsessextaxiboy

The greatest player that I have ever seen play live . He lit up Wembley , a whole corner of the stadium on their feet when he came to take a corner .
Telling that his ex wife and kids have been happy to speak to the tabloids about his problems yet have kept and traded on his name for decades .
A maverick character that IMO fits well with being a Queens Park Rangers fan .
Gazza on 08:05 - Apr 15 with 1465 viewsstowmarketrange

Gazza on 07:46 - Apr 15 by stevec

I remember a game down here, first time he came up against Paul Parker, and he seemed to take a particular dislike throughout the second half to the fact Parker had the better of him. Very uncomfortable.

What are your thoughts on Stan Bowles then mate?He was a very similar character to Gazza,although I don’t remember the wife beating part.
Both lived their lives in the full glare of the gutter press,and George Best too.You were more likely to see their names on the front pages as you were the back ones.
If you watch the 2nd part of the documentary you see how the press hung him out to dry every time they could,and his own wife was party to it.
I’m not saying that he was innocent in all of it,but it must be enough to drive anyone to drink to have every detail of your life splashed across the papers day after day.And they did it with all celebrities back then.Even parents whose kids had been murdered had their phones tapped.
Login to get fewer ads

Gazza on 08:07 - Apr 15 with 1452 viewsPunteR

Havnt seen the documentary but its always sad to see how Gazza is now. I don't think you can blame everything on the press though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gazza on 08:14 - Apr 15 with 1427 viewsstevec

Gazza on 08:05 - Apr 15 by stowmarketrange

What are your thoughts on Stan Bowles then mate?He was a very similar character to Gazza,although I don’t remember the wife beating part.
Both lived their lives in the full glare of the gutter press,and George Best too.You were more likely to see their names on the front pages as you were the back ones.
If you watch the 2nd part of the documentary you see how the press hung him out to dry every time they could,and his own wife was party to it.
I’m not saying that he was innocent in all of it,but it must be enough to drive anyone to drink to have every detail of your life splashed across the papers day after day.And they did it with all celebrities back then.Even parents whose kids had been murdered had their phones tapped.

Loved Bowles, far as I know wouldn’t hurt a fly and that’s the big difference.

Basically, Gazza is a man who knocked his wife about. I fckin despise any man who knocks a girl about, there is literally no defence, no yeah buts, it’s bang out of order.

We’ve become a strange society, apoplectic about a piece of cake but strangely conciliatory about a wife beater.
Gazza on 08:23 - Apr 15 with 1409 viewsstowmarketrange

Gazza on 08:14 - Apr 15 by stevec

Basically, Gazza is a man who knocked his wife about. I fckin despise any man who knocks a girl about, there is literally no defence, no yeah buts, it’s bang out of order.

We’ve become a strange society, apoplectic about a piece of cake but strangely conciliatory about a wife beater.

I’m not condoning his wife beating at all,and I too think there is no excuse for hitting a woman,but he isn’t the only celebrity to have done it.
But isn’t mental cruelty almost as bad as physical cruelty sometimes?How would anyone feel seeing their spouse splashed across the front pages of a national newspaper with their arms around a dolly bird?Or to know that there was no money to buy anything because your other half had done their wages at the bookies or the White City?Or if they were even coming home at all?
Gazza on 08:57 - Apr 15 with 1346 viewsbosh67

He was sitting opposite me on the tube yesterday. He was wearing an Adidas track suit, cap and sandals, and a mask, but the earring gave him away. Looks about a 100 but the eyes were unmistakable. Genius footballer. A life riddled with problems.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gazza on 09:01 - Apr 15 with 1317 viewsEsox_Lucius

Gazza on 08:14 - Apr 15 by stevec

If you think the public are apoplectic about a piece of cake then you must have utterly failed to see what actually lay behind the anger directed at those in power flaunting their own
rules whilst others abided by them.

The grass is always greener.

Gazza on 11:05 - Apr 15 with 1154 viewsloftboy

That was the first half he got sent off after about 1/2 hour as Parker had him in his pocket.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gazza on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 1108 viewsToast_R

He had a traumatic childhood which sowed the seeds. A guy who struggled in his own thoughts and had to be around people. Much of the time the wrong people. They say he was going to sign for Manchester United before Spurs snared the deal. I wonder how different his life could have been under Alex Ferguson's wing?
Gazza on 11:57 - Apr 15 with 1100 viewsthemodfather

i stopped buying papers after the Lady Di crash, her car chased by papparazzi etc not good.as for Gazza he couldn't help himself, tainted genius as many are , one memory i have is spurs at ours, gazza was being subbed, he ran off and down the tunnel, to run back on, ref did nothing as cards etc had not officially been put up.
if that german never rolled over and over, if gazza was not booked and then in pieces, maybe he takes a penalty and makes a winning difference.....??? he would have took one, no doubt but was clearly unable and never took one.
Gazza on 13:40 - Apr 15 with 1029 viewsSydneyRs

He stuffed his knee in the FA cup final by trying to break a Forest player's leg, he was so hyped up.

Great player, so talented but many demons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024