Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic! 17:00 - Apr 23 with 12227 viewsconnell10

A must win game and we muster one shot on goal!! So meek. We went out with a whimper, that's totally unacceptable to me , sorry .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pathetic! on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 815 viewsBlue_Castello

Pathetic! on 09:10 - Apr 27 by Northernr

It is about money when the league you're playing in has a rule that says if you lose more than £x then you're under a transfer embargo (no replacements for all these players you want rid of), you're getting points off (even lower down the table) and these will both be the case until you sell enough players to comply with a business plan we'll set out for you (so the players you do want to keep would all have to be dumped at whatever below market rate we could get for them).

You're not going to be able to pay multiple professional footballers up with the bonus from three people - head of recruitment, the director of football and the manager.

Spot on as always , FFP dictates how every club is run now, you either comply with the rules or get punished, juggling the finances/spreadsheets at Rangers is an art form where if you haven't got a good CEO and Accountant you are in big trouble.

Ramblings that's for sure, gutless, clueless and witless is laughable, up until the end of January we looked every inch a play off team, I stood and clapped the players off after a number of good performances along with a few thousand other supporters, short memory's that's for sure.
We have the basis of a good squad for next season, add some pace up front and some decent full backs who are not injury prone and can defend as well as attack.
Pathetic! on 09:52 - Apr 27 with 798 viewsNorthernr

Pathetic! on 09:47 - Apr 27 by Blue_Castello

Spot on as always , FFP dictates how every club is run now, you either comply with the rules or get punished, juggling the finances/spreadsheets at Rangers is an art form where if you haven't got a good CEO and Accountant you are in big trouble.

Ramblings that's for sure, gutless, clueless and witless is laughable, up until the end of January we looked every inch a play off team, I stood and clapped the players off after a number of good performances along with a few thousand other supporters, short memory's that's for sure.
We have the basis of a good squad for next season, add some pace up front and some decent full backs who are not injury prone and can defend as well as attack.

Luton, Huddersfield this year, and Barnsley last, have shown that it is still possible to do more with less, however. We can't just chuck our hands up and cry what chance have we got? We had a good chance this season and we've stuffed it. Like I said higher up even if we'd just beaten Cardiff and Peterborough at home - crap teams, 1-0 up against both - we'd be level with Sheff Utd going into Friday.
Pathetic! on 09:57 - Apr 27 with 781 viewsLythamR

Pathetic! on 22:47 - Apr 26 by ManinBlack

I imagine the drifting aimlessly is based on years of finishing 16th and seeing local rivals all going up to the Premier league.

As good as we were for two thirds of the season it looks likely we could finish lower than last season, supposedly a gauge to base an improvement on. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that even Blackpool finish above us who were never in the promotion picture.

I can't speak for others but if we finish below Coventry, Luton, Millwall, West Brom, Blackpool for example then I will be thoroughly disillusioned seeing that we were third such a short time ago.

Sure it is not the end of the world if we finish in mid table mediocrity as the guy on Quest said, as we have seen how Huddersfield just stayed up last season and will contest the play offs this. With so many lower budget teams challenging this season, maybe had we shelled out a bit more in January and gambled it could have been different. The danger is that we may be forced to sell our better players in the summer. I am not confident that who we bring in will be as good.

"The danger is that we may be forced to sell our better players in the summer. I am not confident that who we bring in will be as good"

Its not a Danger, its a fundamental element of the clubs financial strategy. buy players to develop them, sell at a profit and buy again. With that strategy its very difficult to replace the players sold with better unless they are already developing within the clubs structure.

This season we took a big gamble on Johannson, Austin and Gray. it was a gamble the majority of supporters where behind. It didnt quite work out in the end but i struggle to agree with people saying the club has no ambition. If anything you might say the club suffered from too much ambition and willingness to appease demanding supporters and possibly the Owners as well.
Pathetic! on 10:10 - Apr 27 with 747 viewsBlue_Castello

Pathetic! on 09:52 - Apr 27 by Northernr

Luton, Huddersfield this year, and Barnsley last, have shown that it is still possible to do more with less, however. We can't just chuck our hands up and cry what chance have we got? We had a good chance this season and we've stuffed it. Like I said higher up even if we'd just beaten Cardiff and Peterborough at home - crap teams, 1-0 up against both - we'd be level with Sheff Utd going into Friday.

Absolutely those clubs have achieved way above expectation levels, the recruitment at the clubs has been very smart and they have worked hard to build the momentum at exactly the right time.
We have literally fallen off a cliff since January, Willock was on fire whilst Chair was at the Afcon and since Willocks injury any momentum we had has died a death.
Without doubt it's the results against Cardiff, Barnsley and Peterborough that are to blame, even without Willock you would have thought our squad would have been strong enough and it was massively disappointing to lose those games.
Pathetic! on 10:10 - Apr 27 with 747 viewsterryb

Pathetic! on 21:39 - Apr 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

You're absolutely right; there is a culture of failure at the club, and until we break that, we're going nowhere. Clive used to put in his previews how we were virtually certain for the play-offs unless we had relegation form. The club just seems to be drifting aimlessly with no one's hand on the tiller. Oh for a Jim Gregory with some drive.

But a Jim Gregory type wouldn't be able to spend his money in the same way as the original did. If FFP had existed in those days Rangers would have failed it many times.

Many have tried & many have failed. The most noticable being Mel Morris!
Pathetic! on 10:15 - Apr 27 with 728 viewsPinnerPaul

Pathetic! on 09:06 - Apr 27 by Northernr

That maths is going to end up being spot on. I said we needed seven wins from the last 18/19 games, similar form to the 19th team (Hull at that point). In the end we've won three, and were pretty lucky to win those. Even two more, Cardiff and Peterborough at home, and we'd be just about there with a win Friday.

It's the scale of the drop off that's the most puzzling thing about all this. If we'd slipped a bit then fair enough, but we've completely collapsed.

Unlike you to descend into this "Pretty lucky to win what we have" narrative.

You said yourself Derby had zero shots on our goal, Luton "ran out of steam the last half hour" and surely we were the better team v Blackpool with 10 men and deserved to win that one?

Of course we've been terrible but to lump in the victories with the terrible performances/defeats seems an over reaction to me.
Pathetic! on 10:20 - Apr 27 with 687 viewsNorthernr

Pathetic! on 10:15 - Apr 27 by PinnerPaul

Unlike you to descend into this "Pretty lucky to win what we have" narrative.

You said yourself Derby had zero shots on our goal, Luton "ran out of steam the last half hour" and surely we were the better team v Blackpool with 10 men and deserved to win that one?

Of course we've been terrible but to lump in the victories with the terrible performances/defeats seems an over reaction to me.

Well all three games could easily have gone the other way, but that's not really the point is it?
Pathetic! on 10:43 - Apr 27 with 616 viewsPinnerPaul

Pathetic! on 10:20 - Apr 27 by Northernr

Well all three games could easily have gone the other way, but that's not really the point is it?

Well no its not, as apart from the odd shellacking, as you have said, that applies to the majority of games (Not involving Fulham!) in this league.

Of course we haven't been playing well and we certainly weren't Man City in any of those 3 games, but to to take away ANY credit for winning just seems overly negative.
Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic! on 10:47 - Apr 27 with 606 viewsNorthernr

Pathetic! on 10:43 - Apr 27 by PinnerPaul

Well no its not, as apart from the odd shellacking, as you have said, that applies to the majority of games (Not involving Fulham!) in this league.

Of course we haven't been playing well and we certainly weren't Man City in any of those 3 games, but to to take away ANY credit for winning just seems overly negative.

Perhaps. I'm just very angry about how they played in that Stoke game. Nothing to play for, loads of injuries to senior players just like us, and we go and play like that in a game that mattered that much.
Pathetic! on 10:50 - Apr 27 with 574 viewsPinnerPaul

Pathetic! on 10:47 - Apr 27 by Northernr

Perhaps. I'm just very angry about how they played in that Stoke game. Nothing to play for, loads of injuries to senior players just like us, and we go and play like that in a game that mattered that much.

Haven't seen it, but from posts on here and more tellingly MW's post match reaction, it was both baffling and annoying in equal measure.

I'm sure if we had gone 3-4-3 or similar and got done 3-0 on the break, fans would have been more forgiving.

That's why I'm genuinely surprised so many of you going to Swansea - as I've said. well played all of you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024