Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic! 17:00 - Apr 23 with 12242 viewsconnell10

A must win game and we muster one shot on goal!! So meek. We went out with a whimper, that's totally unacceptable to me , sorry .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pathetic! on 21:16 - Apr 23 with 3049 viewspaulparker

Pathetic! on 19:06 - Apr 23 by Ned_Kennedys

ONE person has mentioned Sherwood so try not to generalise.

I’m indifferent if he stays or goes now: looked like he’d arrested the slide over the last few games but today for a MUST WIN game was embarrassing all around.

Agreed 12 points out of the last 50 is crap
The melons who agreed and put up the thread saying Warburton was the best manager since EL Tel must feel very stupid

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pathetic! on 00:50 - Apr 24 with 2819 viewsR_from_afar

Long sentence alert:

The way our form has tailed off has been worrying but all the same, to have still been in the hunt for the play-offs with three games to go, without resorting to medieval football, given the financial constraints under which we are forced to operate plus injuries to two of our best players, is one hell of an achievement and I hope it earns Warburton another season. Looking at the season as a whole, I think he deserves it.

Let's see how we fare under him for the first 10 or so games of the next campaign.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Pathetic! on 01:16 - Apr 24 with 2784 viewsRs_Holy

Oh Funk it… let’s move on.. 2023 will be our year .., 😎👍!
Pathetic! on 02:45 - Apr 24 with 2722 viewsstainrods_elbow

Today really was do or die, and we flunked it badly. That, and some appalling performances/efforts/results during what has mostly been a dire parade since February, have well and truly cooked our goose. I think the whole club lost its bottle and its battle, injuries be damned. The fans deserve so much better.

I also feel Warburton's post-Stoke interview, where he basically said we played as if we were trying not to win a football match, and then fell back on his frankly pathetic, broken-record 'defence' that the players are 'human', has really written his own P45 for me. I think Mark is committed, professional and dedicated, but his failure to motivate, mentor or drive this team when it mattered ultimately showcases his and Eustace's inadequacies, and those of his players. After so many flashes of lovely football before this, and one or two super results, it's a bitter, bitter pill. I'll be very interested to hear what Les' and the owners' verdictwill be in due course.

The squad needs a significant overhaul to compete for next season, and I've already detailed we need/will likely see at least eight leave (Austin, Jojo, Gray, Dykes, Ball, Wallace, McCallum - shall I go on?) and eight to ten in, including two strikers, two to four wingbacks/ fullbacks, a creative midfielder, an enforcer. And, shall we say, let's say five goalkeepers to be on the safe side.

I think the manager's probably gone as far as he can with this cohort, and the last quarter of this season has been so bad we need fresh ideas and vision. Just not Timmy !

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Pathetic! on 08:11 - Apr 24 with 2546 viewsTonto

Pathetic! on 17:17 - Apr 23 by Wegerles_Stairs

The club reeks of failure; the owners are distant and know nothing about running a successful football club. Ferdinand is a proven failure and Warburton is at least consistent in his failure to get promoted from this division. I wouldn't mind getting Sherwood in now as a nuclear option to get rid of the lot of them.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 17:18]

Candidate for worst message of the season?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Pathetic! on 08:34 - Apr 24 with 2476 viewsDiscodroids

Pathetic! on 21:16 - Apr 23 by paulparker

Agreed 12 points out of the last 50 is crap
The melons who agreed and put up the thread saying Warburton was the best manager since EL Tel must feel very stupid

I have to admit PP, that the Warburton thread you mention did come rushing back to me yesterday at full time like the rush hit of a strawberry mitsubishi in Danny Ramplings Goa Tent at Creamfields in 1998.

I'm quite numb to how the season has unfolded over the last 4 months. I'm somewhere between past caring not giving a flying yak's quim for it all anymore, but still clinging on to the driftwood of hope knowing full well i'll be back for next season for more.

What can you do mate, After 45 years supporting this club i've learned thats all there is, and probably ever will be. It's QPR. An Ocean of unfulfilled dreams.

Christ, i've depressed myself even more. Think i'll stick a Lenoard Cohen Lp on the turntable to cheer myself up.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 12:25]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Pathetic! on 09:43 - Apr 24 with 2311 viewsDejR_vu

It really is very interesting how opinions change with context. In the ‘16th years’, although I can’ be sure, of course, I suspect if someone had offered us a regime where we were developing youth, selling for profit, enjoying watching those players develop in a team playing, mostly, great football, making a charge for the play-offs one year, sitting in the top 6 most of the following but, ultimately, falling short, most would have ripped your hand off for it. Now we have it, some want to throw away the manager that made it a reality.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Pathetic! on 11:09 - Apr 24 with 2144 viewsR_from_afar

Pathetic! on 02:45 - Apr 24 by stainrods_elbow

Today really was do or die, and we flunked it badly. That, and some appalling performances/efforts/results during what has mostly been a dire parade since February, have well and truly cooked our goose. I think the whole club lost its bottle and its battle, injuries be damned. The fans deserve so much better.

I also feel Warburton's post-Stoke interview, where he basically said we played as if we were trying not to win a football match, and then fell back on his frankly pathetic, broken-record 'defence' that the players are 'human', has really written his own P45 for me. I think Mark is committed, professional and dedicated, but his failure to motivate, mentor or drive this team when it mattered ultimately showcases his and Eustace's inadequacies, and those of his players. After so many flashes of lovely football before this, and one or two super results, it's a bitter, bitter pill. I'll be very interested to hear what Les' and the owners' verdictwill be in due course.

The squad needs a significant overhaul to compete for next season, and I've already detailed we need/will likely see at least eight leave (Austin, Jojo, Gray, Dykes, Ball, Wallace, McCallum - shall I go on?) and eight to ten in, including two strikers, two to four wingbacks/ fullbacks, a creative midfielder, an enforcer. And, shall we say, let's say five goalkeepers to be on the safe side.

I think the manager's probably gone as far as he can with this cohort, and the last quarter of this season has been so bad we need fresh ideas and vision. Just not Timmy !

Agreed, a lot of rebuilding is required but:

- The closest we have come to promotion for years
- The most attractive football for years
- The lowest playing budget for years.

Come on, the season has ended very disappointingly but it needs to be seen in the context of previous seasons, and the loss of our most creative player for the run-in has to be taken into account. There are synergies from having Chair and Willock on the pitch together.

If Fulham had ended the campaign without Mitrovic or Bournemouth had done so without Solanke, it would've hampered them too.

Our problem isn't a mental one, it's simply down to a lack of strength in depth, players being out of form and injuries. There's nothing more sinister at play than that, so leave off the conspiranoia.

And breathe.....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic! on 11:22 - Apr 24 with 2110 viewsozexile

We put in these performances 2 seasons ago as well. We came out of lockdown poised for a run at the play offs. We fell away terribly then as well.
Pathetic! on 11:44 - Apr 24 with 2053 viewsdistortR

An aside to this thread - the constant need to put people in boxes, whether they fit or not, seems to be overwhelming. Just as, if you have an opinion, you must be 'left wing' or 'right wing', so if you don't want Warburton gone, you must be a 'happy clapper', to some.

Now, I don't want Warburton gone, albeit I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, if anything, but if I did, I might change my mind. But wanting him to remain doesn't mean I'm content with whats happened since January, it doesn't make me imbecilic. It means that, for me, overall Warbs has done a fine job since he came in what were, and still are given the financial restraints he works under and our training facilities etc, difficult conditions. It means that finding a manager who would do better within the parameters Warburton has to operate would be very difficult, imho.
Pathetic! on 11:52 - Apr 24 with 2031 viewsted_hendrix

Pathetic! on 08:34 - Apr 24 by Discodroids

I have to admit PP, that the Warburton thread you mention did come rushing back to me yesterday at full time like the rush hit of a strawberry mitsubishi in Danny Ramplings Goa Tent at Creamfields in 1998.

I'm quite numb to how the season has unfolded over the last 4 months. I'm somewhere between past caring not giving a flying yak's quim for it all anymore, but still clinging on to the driftwood of hope knowing full well i'll be back for next season for more.

What can you do mate, After 45 years supporting this club i've learned thats all there is, and probably ever will be. It's QPR. An Ocean of unfulfilled dreams.

Christ, i've depressed myself even more. Think i'll stick a Lenoard Cohen Lp on the turntable to cheer myself up.

'quim' is a good word and seldom used, I'd like to hear and see It used more often.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pathetic! on 12:05 - Apr 24 with 2002 viewsR_from_afar

Pathetic! on 11:52 - Apr 24 by ted_hendrix

'quim' is a good word and seldom used, I'd like to hear and see It used more often.

Once, on a work trip abroad, with the day's toil done, I was very, very bored so I said to myself: You deserve a treat old son, spend a relaxing hour or so looking at Quim....

He was playing in goal for Benfica, in the Europa League

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quim_(footballer,_born_1975)

Pathetic! on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 1983 views100percent

Pathetic! on 17:20 - Apr 23 by BklynRanger

You are a right prick though

Concise and to the point. 100% with you.
Pathetic! on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 1982 viewsPunteR

Pathetic! on 08:34 - Apr 24 by Discodroids

mitsubishis.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pathetic! on 12:14 - Apr 24 with 1979 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pathetic! on 11:44 - Apr 24 by distortR

An aside to this thread - the constant need to put people in boxes, whether they fit or not, seems to be overwhelming. Just as, if you have an opinion, you must be 'left wing' or 'right wing', so if you don't want Warburton gone, you must be a 'happy clapper', to some.

Now, I don't want Warburton gone, albeit I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes, if anything, but if I did, I might change my mind. But wanting him to remain doesn't mean I'm content with whats happened since January, it doesn't make me imbecilic. It means that, for me, overall Warbs has done a fine job since he came in what were, and still are given the financial restraints he works under and our training facilities etc, difficult conditions. It means that finding a manager who would do better within the parameters Warburton has to operate would be very difficult, imho.

That's where I am too.
Good post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pathetic! on 12:28 - Apr 24 with 1940 viewsjoe90

If this was our second season of falling out of play-offs I’d be more frustrated. The fact is Warbs has only moved us forward and this run of bad form is in the ‘bigger picture’ sense his first real stumble.

I personally think he deserves another season to see if he can take club to the next level and by that I mean making us genuine play off contenders. To do that the club will need to be brave and think about investing a bit more money. I don’t think we need a complete overhaul. We definitely need to invest in a striker. I think the current strategy has limitations which aren’t the managers fault, that said there has been clear change in our style of play in terms of our intensity and attacking which we saw last season and at points this season.

A lot to learn from this season and it’s a good foundation to go on and improve if we make sensible decisions over the summer.
Pathetic! on 12:37 - Apr 24 with 1892 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Pathetic! on 12:12 - Apr 24 by 100percent

Concise and to the point. 100% with you.

The usual ad hominem attacks on anyone who disagrees with happy clapper groupthink. Just look at how we have thrown away an opportunity to be in the play-offs. Why do you think our lower age teams get thrashed every week? How can we barely muster a shot on target in a 'must-win' game?

Keep clapping happily and showing what a loyal fan you are. Acceptance of failure is why we're where we are and why Brentford are where they are.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 12:38]
Pathetic! on 12:45 - Apr 24 with 1883 viewsPunteR

Pathetic! on 12:37 - Apr 24 by Wegerles_Stairs

The usual ad hominem attacks on anyone who disagrees with happy clapper groupthink. Just look at how we have thrown away an opportunity to be in the play-offs. Why do you think our lower age teams get thrashed every week? How can we barely muster a shot on target in a 'must-win' game?

Keep clapping happily and showing what a loyal fan you are. Acceptance of failure is why we're where we are and why Brentford are where they are.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2022 12:38]

I dont think the club do accept failure hence all the managers and players we've had. We just dont have the infrastructure in place to be able to compete. I dont think you can blame Warburton for that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pathetic! on 13:16 - Apr 24 with 1767 viewsthemodfather

we may never know the results of the post mortem of why qpr fell away so quickly , we were so near but DYKES is not a 20 goal striker imo, but injuries really hit us in all areas and that sodding afcon few get excited about but we move on, to do that, new manager, some funds and new ideas . i can't see how giving warbs 10 games helps, cos a new man would come in and shake it up anyway thanks warbs but time to go .
Pathetic! on 14:46 - Apr 24 with 1601 viewshighleverhoopL

Pathetic! on 09:43 - Apr 24 by DejR_vu

It really is very interesting how opinions change with context. In the ‘16th years’, although I can’ be sure, of course, I suspect if someone had offered us a regime where we were developing youth, selling for profit, enjoying watching those players develop in a team playing, mostly, great football, making a charge for the play-offs one year, sitting in the top 6 most of the following but, ultimately, falling short, most would have ripped your hand off for it. Now we have it, some want to throw away the manager that made it a reality.

If all these good things are down to MW then why do we need a Dof F. Or if they aren't all down to MW then surely the point of having a DofF, a club style of football, and long term recruitment strategies, is that we can change the Coach without it being traumatic? If Warburton has become a traditional manager running the entire show then the avowed strategy has failed.
Pathetic! on 14:46 - Apr 24 with 1602 viewsDannyPaddox

People go on about AFCON but January was our best month.

That’s not a dig at Seny and Ilias, they’re 2 of my favourite players. I like Osman too. Just shows it’s a funny old game.

FWIW word on the street is Warbs is being offered another year but he doesn’t want it. Personally I hope he stays.
Pathetic! on 15:24 - Apr 24 with 1514 viewsPinnerPaul

Pathetic! on 17:30 - Apr 23 by stowmarketrange

We only need two 6-0 wins and the dream is still on.

4-0 and 2-0 could do it!
Pathetic! on 15:32 - Apr 24 with 1489 viewsPinnerPaul

Pathetic! on 02:45 - Apr 24 by stainrods_elbow

Don't agree with it all, but a mostly reasoned argument.

However, I DO wish those calling for change, don't try to rewrite history, we won when we weren't playing well and your ridiculous "1 or 2 super results" - you don't finish top 10 for 2 seasons on 1 or 2 super results.

And as you know because others have said, its pointless just saying "Get rid" of players who are under contract, even the best DOFs and CEs in the world can't do that!
Pathetic! on 16:12 - Apr 24 with 1388 viewsqpr1976

Because it was so much better when we kept changing Managers every 9 months or when they failed to win in 6….!?
Pathetic! on 16:43 - Apr 24 with 1337 viewsNorthernr

It's the scale of the drop off for me that's alarming. We haven't lost a bit of form and been pipped to sixth by a hard chase, we've completely collapsed, and even with Sheff Utd and Boro leaving the door open we go to Stoke and play like that.

It's all over the park and in loads of different little details. How, for instance, do we get to January as the best team in the league for goals conceded from set pieces (four in the first 30-odd games, two of which were penalties) and then in the final 20-odd games we're the worst - conceding slop like that yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024