Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More room on the train? 07:36 - May 19 with 9452 viewsstevec

‘Coke head’ football fans face long ban

MIDDLE class ‘coke heads’ found with the drug at football matches face a five-year ban, Boris Johnson will announce today.

Anyone convicted of using cocaine at games will also face losing their passport to stop them travelling to overseas games.

The Prime Minister will say: ‘Middle class coke heads should stop kidding themselves, their habit is feeding a war on our streets driving misery and crime across our country and beyond. That’s why we are stepping up our efforts to make sure those who break the law face the full consequences - because taking illegal drugs is never a victimless crime.’

Five-year football banning orders can currently be imposed by courts only on offenders convicted of violence, disorder and racist or homophobic chanting.

The measures are expected to be introduced during the coming 2022/2023 season. More than 1,300 orders are in force now.
More room on the train? on 12:38 - May 20 with 1509 viewsDannyPaddox

More room on the train? on 12:36 - May 20 by Northernr

On the football ban, I think 10 years is the maximum under current law. Forest can, and will, ban him for life.

Well that’s something. Well done Forest.
More room on the train? on 12:44 - May 20 with 1466 viewsslmrstid

More room on the train? on 12:34 - May 20 by DannyPaddox

I confess I take a huge line of beak before playing Subbuteo. Carnage!

But seriously … seriously seriously seriously how the fk has that specimen that attacked Billy Sharp only been given 24 weeks? Running at someone and headbutting them - you could kill someone doing that - thats attempted murder - he should have been given years. And a ten year ban from football grounds … it should be for life. I just don’t get it.

I see what you're saying but I was talking to someone who works for the police yesterday and they said under the charge he was given it was the maximum sentence that could be handed out.
More room on the train? on 12:48 - May 20 with 1448 viewsDannyPaddox

More room on the train? on 12:44 - May 20 by slmrstid

I see what you're saying but I was talking to someone who works for the police yesterday and they said under the charge he was given it was the maximum sentence that could be handed out.

How is 24 weeks the maximum charge for an unprovoked attack that was potentially lethal?
More room on the train? on 12:52 - May 20 with 1409 viewsNorthernr

More room on the train? on 12:48 - May 20 by DannyPaddox

How is 24 weeks the maximum charge for an unprovoked attack that was potentially lethal?

Not the maximum charge, IMO should have been charged with more. But it's what they decided to charge him with.
More room on the train? on 12:52 - May 20 with 1405 viewsslmrstid

Yes, maximum sentence for the charge given is what I meant. Sorry if it read confusingly!
More room on the train? on 12:58 - May 20 with 1376 viewsNorthernr

They charged him with ABH. Which is basically more than your basic assault charge, and means an injury has been caused but not a serious one. That'll be dealt with at the mags, sentenced straight away with a guilty plea, and like you've seen you get 24 weeks or thereabouts.

They could, IMO should, have charged him with GBH. For this the attack has to be premeditated, which IMO this was although he argued that he bumped into him by accident while looking for Forest players. And generally it has to be a serious injury. 'Lacerations' count for this, so given Sharp had to have stitches I would have gone for that. Your maximum for that can be life, and it goes up to Crown for sentencing.

I'd have gone for that personally. Fck him. But they've gone with what they knew they would get, and wouldn;'t be contested.
More room on the train? on 14:24 - May 20 with 1272 viewstoboboly

More room on the train? on 12:58 - May 20 by Northernr

They charged him with ABH. Which is basically more than your basic assault charge, and means an injury has been caused but not a serious one. That'll be dealt with at the mags, sentenced straight away with a guilty plea, and like you've seen you get 24 weeks or thereabouts.

They could, IMO should, have charged him with GBH. For this the attack has to be premeditated, which IMO this was although he argued that he bumped into him by accident while looking for Forest players. And generally it has to be a serious injury. 'Lacerations' count for this, so given Sharp had to have stitches I would have gone for that. Your maximum for that can be life, and it goes up to Crown for sentencing.

I'd have gone for that personally. Fck him. But they've gone with what they knew they would get, and wouldn;'t be contested.

Presumably all down to the CPS who are absolutely useless even when there is a 100% win staring you in the face.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

More room on the train? on 14:35 - May 20 with 1248 viewsRBlock

More room on the train? on 12:58 - May 20 by Northernr

Couple of things here.

Given he's pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, he would receive a third off his sentence. Therefore the Mags Court decided a 36 week sentence (9 months) would have been appropriate and reduced it accordingly.

Secondly, a GBH doesn't have to be pre-meditated. You can have a GBH with intent (s.18) or a w/o (s.20). Neither require pre-meditation.

A laceration is any splitting of the skin, so it's quite a wide scope. Although I think you're right that there is an argument to be had that this did constitute GBH, it also makes it more likely that it would have gone to trial. The defendant could have pleaded guilty to ABH but not guilty to GBH, and it could have gone off for trial in about 18 months, such is the current state of the Crown Courts. Often the CPS will reduce a charge to avoid a trial, and in doing so achieve swift justice.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 14:36]
Login to get fewer ads

More room on the train? on 14:54 - May 20 with 1185 viewsNorthernr

More room on the train? on 14:35 - May 20 by RBlock

Couple of things here.

Given he's pleaded guilty at the first opportunity, he would receive a third off his sentence. Therefore the Mags Court decided a 36 week sentence (9 months) would have been appropriate and reduced it accordingly.

Secondly, a GBH doesn't have to be pre-meditated. You can have a GBH with intent (s.18) or a w/o (s.20). Neither require pre-meditation.

A laceration is any splitting of the skin, so it's quite a wide scope. Although I think you're right that there is an argument to be had that this did constitute GBH, it also makes it more likely that it would have gone to trial. The defendant could have pleaded guilty to ABH but not guilty to GBH, and it could have gone off for trial in about 18 months, such is the current state of the Crown Courts. Often the CPS will reduce a charge to avoid a trial, and in doing so achieve swift justice.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 14:36]

Yeh pragmatic call.
More room on the train? on 15:05 - May 20 with 1151 viewsRBlock

More room on the train? on 14:54 - May 20 by Northernr

Yeh pragmatic call.

It makes sense, especially as this is something we're seeing with increasing frequency. Deterrent sentencing doesn't really work when it happens in 2 years down the line. If people see this guy ending up in HMP a week later, it will hopefully make them think twice.
More room on the train? on 15:07 - May 20 with 1146 viewsNorthernr

More room on the train? on 15:05 - May 20 by RBlock

It makes sense, especially as this is something we're seeing with increasing frequency. Deterrent sentencing doesn't really work when it happens in 2 years down the line. If people see this guy ending up in HMP a week later, it will hopefully make them think twice.

Yeh, like we've often discussed it's a fcking broken system where you now have to wait two years for your case/sentence. Longer in some cases.
More room on the train? on 13:46 - May 21 with 888 viewsthemodfather

pinch of salt. i don't do coke, unless it's diet coke but a tory government , who had all night long parties during lockdown, numerous rapist mps, dodgy Lords , tax dodged etc etc now tell footy fans about drugs??
how many of them are on it? difference is when Eton boys have a tear up, it's letting off steam. pressure, we do it, we are scum, should be castrated and are animals.
khunts.
let's discuss bojos families...oh no we can't there are court orders against it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024