Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More room on the train? 07:36 - May 19 with 9451 viewsstevec

‘Coke head’ football fans face long ban

MIDDLE class ‘coke heads’ found with the drug at football matches face a five-year ban, Boris Johnson will announce today.

Anyone convicted of using cocaine at games will also face losing their passport to stop them travelling to overseas games.

The Prime Minister will say: ‘Middle class coke heads should stop kidding themselves, their habit is feeding a war on our streets driving misery and crime across our country and beyond. That’s why we are stepping up our efforts to make sure those who break the law face the full consequences - because taking illegal drugs is never a victimless crime.’

Five-year football banning orders can currently be imposed by courts only on offenders convicted of violence, disorder and racist or homophobic chanting.

The measures are expected to be introduced during the coming 2022/2023 season. More than 1,300 orders are in force now.
More room on the train? on 11:52 - May 19 with 2735 viewsNorthernr

I don't agree with the FairCop account all the time, sometimes defends the indefensible, but this is another good point. Obviously, 37, Clive, I don't do music festivals any more than I do rugby union but another example of football treated differently...

More room on the train? on 13:06 - May 19 with 2573 viewsMrSheen

Adding "middle class" to any proposal to restrict civil liberties makes it easier to sell, even if the intention and/or result is a much broader group of people getting arrested. It carries the implicit messages:
1) they brought it on themselves, should know better
2) it applies to someone else, not you

I musn't be middle class, as not only have I never indulged, but I've never even seen it, though I I have been taught (by my kids, who have) to recognise it at work.
More room on the train? on 14:05 - May 19 with 2472 viewsLblock

More room on the train? on 08:12 - May 19 by Northernr

Well first reaction is good, because it's a pain in the ars at the big away games now.

Second reaction, Michael Gove wants to watch himself if he's planning on going to Millwall again next season. Little bit one rule for us and one rule for them again.

And third - is this football being singled out again? I don't do Six Nations and that lot but are the darling rugby fans not into this as well? Because in my experience it's also an enormous problem at big race meetings. We used to go to Ascot a bit but it's just not worth the hassle now, coked up lads in cheap suits fighting all over the place, carnage on the train back to waterloo. Five year bans from racing as well? Or would that upset The Jockey Club again? It is absolutely rife everywhere you go in London. Just a Saturday night in the pub, there it is, basically in plain sight now. We already know that all these "middle class" dinner parties and cocktail events these politicians go to have it rife as well. It's actually been found in the toilets at the house of commons, so they do it at work as well. But, again, football fans are the problem. We've already got situations where if I punch somebody on the Whetstone High Road I get one punishment, but if I punch the same person on SAR after a home game I get a much more severe punishment because I'm a football fan at a football match - is this another one of those? It's either a crime or it's not a crime, being at the football shouldn't be an aggravating factor.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This

1,000% this.

I'm shocked that Florist tvvat only got 26 weeks as well.
Most unusual unless it's Sjoke fans attacking our keeper which, of course, we get fined for.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

More room on the train? on 14:19 - May 19 with 2442 viewsR_from_afar

More room on the train? on 10:11 - May 19 by PunteR

Totally agree with Norf. Coke is rife everywhere. Alcohol is probably a bigger problem but that's taxable so it's fine to use.

Have you or any of the rest of the Bracknell Massive on here ever picked up a takeaway from Ascot Spices in the early evening of a race day?

Lordy, lordy, that was an experience I really don't know how the staff in those places cope with the mayhem!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

More room on the train? on 14:38 - May 19 with 2393 viewsbaz_qpr

Dangerous road to go down for the governement, rife in politics, rife in the tory party, rife in the offices of the tabloids and has been for years
More room on the train? on 14:53 - May 19 with 2361 viewstoboboly

More room on the train? on 11:10 - May 19 by Toast_R

I regards to Twickenham, the big England matches, tickets are usually balloted to Rugby clubs for their specific members so there is a certain amount of accountability to who you are if you misbehave. I can't imagine for one minute any amount of illegal substances is tolerated at members only Rugby clubs.

Meant drinking and getting ar$eholed - agree not ever seen coke at twix

Interesting that the govt reckon it is middle class people, cos the bogs at football and the sections going to Ascot don't ever seem that middle class to me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

More room on the train? on 14:55 - May 19 with 2353 viewstoboboly

More room on the train? on 14:19 - May 19 by R_from_afar

Have you or any of the rest of the Bracknell Massive on here ever picked up a takeaway from Ascot Spices in the early evening of a race day?

Lordy, lordy, that was an experience I really don't know how the staff in those places cope with the mayhem!

"Ascot Spices" he says, "restaurant" he says......

https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/drugs-and-drug-use/common-drugs/synthe

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

More room on the train? on 14:57 - May 19 with 2350 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

More room on the train? on 14:53 - May 19 by toboboly

Meant drinking and getting ar$eholed - agree not ever seen coke at twix

Interesting that the govt reckon it is middle class people, cos the bogs at football and the sections going to Ascot don't ever seem that middle class to me.

I guess they think if you can afford anything more than the food on your table and the shoes on feet. You’re middle class.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

More room on the train? on 15:44 - May 19 with 2244 viewswombat

More room on the train? on 07:49 - May 19 by bosh67

Someone I know who’s a season ticket holder said that coke has become a real problem with some sections of fans at Loftus Road. It’s very sad.

the ones who turned up at the peterbrough games who funnily haventn been to any over games were bang on it for both away games

Poll: which is your favouite foot

More room on the train? on 16:09 - May 19 with 2197 viewsjoe90

More room on the train? on 11:52 - May 19 by Northernr

I don't agree with the FairCop account all the time, sometimes defends the indefensible, but this is another good point. Obviously, 37, Clive, I don't do music festivals any more than I do rugby union but another example of football treated differently...

Football fans get treated differently for a good reasons and that's because there's a significant number of fans that are out to cause problems every weekend. As you pointed out in a previous post, social media now means this kind of behaviour is recorded, shared and glorified, serving as a template/bench mark for other idiots to replicate. The knock on effect of violent/anti social behaviour from football is a disgraceful especially in London when you think how overstretched the police are.

Policing a festival is very different to a football match, the logistics are completely different, plus football is a problem every weekend, not just once a year a for a few days.

I don't think football hooligans get treated harshly enough.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 23:13]
More room on the train? on 16:22 - May 19 with 2162 viewsJuzzie

"MIDDLE class ‘coke heads’ found with the drug at football matches face a five-year ban, Boris Johnson will announce today."

So if you're working class and you are found with the drug at football matches it's OK?

Surely he should say "‘coke heads’ found with the drug at football matches face a five-year ban, Boris Johnson will announce today."
More room on the train? on 17:14 - May 19 with 2059 viewsNorthernr

More room on the train? on 16:22 - May 19 by Juzzie

"MIDDLE class ‘coke heads’ found with the drug at football matches face a five-year ban, Boris Johnson will announce today."

So if you're working class and you are found with the drug at football matches it's OK?

Surely he should say "‘coke heads’ found with the drug at football matches face a five-year ban, Boris Johnson will announce today."

Do we have to turn in five years of employment history? Parents jobs? Mortgage agreement?
More room on the train? on 17:41 - May 19 with 1996 viewskensalriser

More room on the train? on 16:22 - May 19 by Juzzie

Boris Johnson talks total shit shock revelation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

More room on the train? on 17:42 - May 19 with 1995 viewsR_from_afar

More room on the train? on 14:55 - May 19 by toboboly

"Ascot Spices" he says, "restaurant" he says......

https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/drugs-and-drug-use/common-drugs/synthe

Haha, quality riposte! Re-reading my post, it is wonderfully ambiguous LOL.

It's this place https://www.ascotspices.unisoftpos.co.uk/menu.php but interestingly, they now close at 9.30pm. I wonder why? Could it be to avoid the "all night lager house" scenario? It's a couple of hundred yards stagger from the racecourse, on the same street, so, right on the front line

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

More room on the train? on 18:47 - May 19 with 1886 viewsstowmarketrange

More room on the train? on 17:42 - May 19 by R_from_afar

Haha, quality riposte! Re-reading my post, it is wonderfully ambiguous LOL.

It's this place https://www.ascotspices.unisoftpos.co.uk/menu.php but interestingly, they now close at 9.30pm. I wonder why? Could it be to avoid the "all night lager house" scenario? It's a couple of hundred yards stagger from the racecourse, on the same street, so, right on the front line

All the pubs in Twickenham shut early on the day of big rugby games as they like to get the crowds away from the town.I think it was 8pm last I went there for a rugby match.They might reopen at 9pm but most people don’t want to wait until then with nothing to do so most make their way home.
More room on the train? on 19:59 - May 19 with 1784 viewsMoonshineSteve

Never seen a problem at rugby. Occasionally reared its head in clubhouses after a game in which I've played, but not a large-scale problem.

Totally agree with Clive's point about the same offence being treated differently if it is perceived to be football related.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

More room on the train? on 22:40 - May 19 with 1542 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Some less reported police recommendations.

"Chief Inspectorate of Constabulary warned cost of living crisis will raise crime"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10831003/amp/Polic

Poll: Expectations for this season?

More room on the train? on 22:54 - May 19 with 1495 viewsjohnhoop

More room on the train? on 17:14 - May 19 by Northernr

Do we have to turn in five years of employment history? Parents jobs? Mortgage agreement?

If you can say “the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain” correctly you get banged up but otherwise you’re ok.
More room on the train? on 22:56 - May 19 with 1493 viewsstowmarketrange

More trouble at tonight’s games with pitch invasions at Everton and port vale.More fans attacking opposition players.
More room on the train? on 00:08 - May 20 with 1400 viewsPunteR

More room on the train? on 14:19 - May 19 by R_from_afar

I go to the more working class Shahidas in Harmans Water.. ;)
I've been around Ascot when the races are on though. Absolute carnage.. lol

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

More room on the train? on 00:24 - May 20 with 1379 viewsToast_R

More room on the train? on 22:56 - May 19 by stowmarketrange

More trouble at tonight’s games with pitch invasions at Everton and port vale.More fans attacking opposition players.

I see Paddy Viera's had an on pitch spat with some Everton scrote who acosted him, camera phone in his face. Ridiculous
More room on the train? on 11:33 - May 20 with 1182 viewsThe_Beast1976

It all seems massively hypocritical to me. Alcohol is the bigger societal problem. It causes no end of trouble. up and down the country every single day of every single year. Coke only touches the sides. If you're going to say coke is the root of all evil, then surely you have to put alcohol in the same category (in fact, it should have its own Grade A+ category IMO as being the biggest evil of the lot).

I always find it somewhat bewildering that people who drink alcohol (which, after all, is a DRUG itself), take issue with other drugs. Drugs are either OK to use, or they are not. It really should be that black and white IMO.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 11:37]
More room on the train? on 11:58 - May 20 with 1128 viewsMrSheen

More room on the train? on 11:33 - May 20 by The_Beast1976

It all seems massively hypocritical to me. Alcohol is the bigger societal problem. It causes no end of trouble. up and down the country every single day of every single year. Coke only touches the sides. If you're going to say coke is the root of all evil, then surely you have to put alcohol in the same category (in fact, it should have its own Grade A+ category IMO as being the biggest evil of the lot).

I always find it somewhat bewildering that people who drink alcohol (which, after all, is a DRUG itself), take issue with other drugs. Drugs are either OK to use, or they are not. It really should be that black and white IMO.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 11:37]

Well yes, but if you take a legally-produced drug you are at least paying for your pleasure through tax and providing safe employment. If you take coke, fentanyl, meth, etc. you are enriching organised crime and contributing to the social, legal and environmental degradation of societies all along the chain of production and supply.
https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/guinea-bissau-the-case-of-a-missing-t
Even before your own behaviour, health, consumption patterns etc change. Some of these issues can be mitigated by legalisation, but not all. Whatever you think about what SHOULD be illegal, there is a strong case for avoiding particular things precisely because they ARE illegal.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 12:13]
More room on the train? on 12:34 - May 20 with 1086 viewsDannyPaddox

I confess I take a huge line of beak before playing Subbuteo. Carnage!

But seriously … seriously seriously seriously how the fk has that specimen that attacked Billy Sharp only been given 24 weeks? Running at someone and headbutting them - you could kill someone doing that - thats attempted murder - he should have been given years. And a ten year ban from football grounds … it should be for life. I just don’t get it.
More room on the train? on 12:36 - May 20 with 1085 viewsNorthernr

More room on the train? on 12:34 - May 20 by DannyPaddox

I confess I take a huge line of beak before playing Subbuteo. Carnage!

But seriously … seriously seriously seriously how the fk has that specimen that attacked Billy Sharp only been given 24 weeks? Running at someone and headbutting them - you could kill someone doing that - thats attempted murder - he should have been given years. And a ten year ban from football grounds … it should be for life. I just don’t get it.

On the football ban, I think 10 years is the maximum under current law. Forest can, and will, ban him for life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024