Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
G'n'R 09:54 - Jul 1 with 3632 viewstoboboly

Seeing them tonight at Spurs, can't wait. Booked the tix around 9 months pre-covid so this has been quite the wait. Been making the mrs listen to Appetite and Illusion 1&2 all week on a loop.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

G'n'R on 10:33 - Jul 1 with 3551 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Enjoy.

This is still my favourite as it was the first song I saw on MTV and was like "Wtf" back in '91/'92.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

G'n'R on 10:57 - Jul 1 with 3510 viewsozexile

G'n'R on 10:33 - Jul 1 by Metallica_Hoop

Enjoy.

This is still my favourite as it was the first song I saw on MTV and was like "Wtf" back in '91/'92.

Who's in the band now? Is Axl the only original?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 10:57]
G'n'R on 11:10 - Jul 1 with 3476 viewstoboboly

G'n'R on 10:57 - Jul 1 by ozexile

Who's in the band now? Is Axl the only original?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 10:57]

Axl, Slash and McKagan I believe for this tour

G'n'R on 11:20 - Jul 1 with 3454 viewsozexile

G'n'R on 11:10 - Jul 1 by toboboly

Axl, Slash and McKagan I believe for this tour

Thank you. I didn't realise Slash was back.
G'n'R on 12:14 - Jul 1 with 3382 viewsTheChef

Hope you enjoy and they actually make it on stage at the time they're supposed to.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

G'n'R on 12:22 - Jul 1 with 3377 viewsJuzzie

I hope it's better than the utter gash I saw at the Hammersmith Apollo some 15 years ago. Without doubt the worst gig I have ever been to.

They were 1 1/2 to 2 hours late on stage. A lot of people already going home as they needed to make the trains.

Awful gig (Axel & Slash the only original members in the line up) when they final came on and played. Axel disappears half way through to allow the keyboard player to do some 15 minute long look-at-me-aren't-I-great-on-the-piano w@nkfest bollox solo.

Finally they decided to actually play some of the hits then the place rocked. Then after just a few of those they went back to some other obscure stuff no-one knew and by that point those of us who were still there started leaving.

I really, really hope it's the total opposite for you.
G'n'R on 12:46 - Jul 1 with 3342 viewstoboboly

G'n'R on 12:22 - Jul 1 by Juzzie

I hope it's better than the utter gash I saw at the Hammersmith Apollo some 15 years ago. Without doubt the worst gig I have ever been to.

They were 1 1/2 to 2 hours late on stage. A lot of people already going home as they needed to make the trains.

Awful gig (Axel & Slash the only original members in the line up) when they final came on and played. Axel disappears half way through to allow the keyboard player to do some 15 minute long look-at-me-aren't-I-great-on-the-piano w@nkfest bollox solo.

Finally they decided to actually play some of the hits then the place rocked. Then after just a few of those they went back to some other obscure stuff no-one knew and by that point those of us who were still there started leaving.

I really, really hope it's the total opposite for you.

*hide post*

G'n'R on 23:14 - Jul 1 with 3142 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This is how you do special effects. *coughs* Disney.

I mean this is 30 years old and still looks amazing in 4K.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 23:35]

Login to get fewer ads

G'n'R on 01:12 - Jul 2 with 3029 viewsBoston

G'n'R on 23:14 - Jul 1 by Metallica_Hoop

Is it too late to have a word with Axl about those shorts?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

G'n'R on 02:04 - Jul 2 with 3009 viewsMetallica_Hoop

G'n'R on 01:12 - Jul 2 by Boston

Is it too late to have a word with Axl about those shorts?

What a great band back in the day.

G'n'R on 02:57 - Jul 2 with 2995 viewsstowmarketrange

I went on the spurs stadium tour on Tuesday and there was an army of workers putting the stage together for the GunsNRoses shows.I can see why the tickets were so expensive if you have 50-60 builders for 3-4 days putting it all up and taking it down again.

I was quite impressed with the new ground,but the guide wasn’t too impressed when I asked him if they had a section about stealing our league place from us 100 years ago.Apparently there is a qpr fan who is a guide there but he was off on the day I visited.

I hope you enjoyed the show mate.
G'n'R on 07:56 - Jul 2 with 2908 viewsHooparoo

Welcome to the Jungle would be a great song for the team to walk out to. Fortress Loftus Road. 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

G'n'R on 08:59 - Jul 2 with 2843 viewstoboboly

To be fair to them they weren't bad. However Spurs had some sound issues all night. Apparently people couldn't get in at 3:30pm and had to wait until 5pm and so they cancelled the first support act. This was down to sound issues.

We got there around 6:30pm and they had already run out of Neck Oil at the nearest bar, they ran out of white wine around 7:45pm.

G'n'R were supposed to be on at 6:45pm but came on an hour later, again this was to do with sound issues apparently. When they did come on the sound balance was all wrong and it took a few songs for it to improve but it wasn't what it should have been.

Thought they were great but due to the sound issues they played a shorter set which is a bit frustrating. Also all the signage said last orders were 10:30pm however the nearest bar had closed by 9:30pm. When I queried it the giy didn't offer an explanation.

Overall the band were good but I wouldn't go to Spurs to watch anyone again.

G'n'R on 09:24 - Jul 2 with 2808 viewsstowmarketrange

G'n'R on 23:14 - Jul 1 by Metallica_Hoop

One of my favourite Guns songs.At least most of them don’t have to worry about what they’re going to wear on stage.
G'n'R on 11:06 - Jul 2 with 2723 viewsNorthLondonR

G'n'R on 09:24 - Jul 2 by stowmarketrange

One of my favourite Guns songs.At least most of them don’t have to worry about what they’re going to wear on stage.

was a fantastic evening, not sure I'm keen on the spuds ground/ homage to capitalism....
Questionable set selection but I thought Axl was good value but that Slash solo!!! Wow just wow. Loved the camera work just focussed on his hands, was incredible.
G'n'R on 11:21 - Jul 2 with 2693 viewsstowmarketrange

G'n'R on 11:06 - Jul 2 by NorthLondonR

was a fantastic evening, not sure I'm keen on the spuds ground/ homage to capitalism....
Questionable set selection but I thought Axl was good value but that Slash solo!!! Wow just wow. Loved the camera work just focussed on his hands, was incredible.

That’s all the guides kept going on about during the tour.How much bigger and better than arsenals is.
G'n'R on 11:47 - Jul 2 with 2674 viewsthame_hoops

Glad you enjoyed it. I got the Chilton line into Marleybone in the afternoon, and I haven’t seen a train as packed since before the pandemic. You had your Guns N’ Roses, Ed Sheeran at Wembley, cricket at Lord’s (which I went to) and Adele at Hyde Park. Rather than stay and have a few beers after the game at the Globe, I got the. 940 train back, to beat all the gig crowds.
G'n'R on 11:27 - Jul 3 with 2429 viewssimmo

I went on a whim about 3 years ago to see them at The Olympic Stadium. Didn't expect a lot and heard stories of Axl making some gigs unbearable, but it actually ended up being one of the best I've ever been to... 3hrs + of non stop playing, Slash solos leading into hits and they went deep into their albums, particularly the Use Your Illusions.

They also did some great covers, including Black Hole Sun (Chris Cornell recently passed). I hope you had a similarly good experience and they can maintain the performances

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

G'n'R on 10:17 - Jul 5 with 2018 viewsMonkey_Roots

I saw them years ago at the Milton Keynes Bowl... They were superb, and at the hieght of their success I think - just after the Use your illusion albums I think.

Me and my mates got quite near the front - stayed their during Blind Melon and Soul Asylum, but as soon as The Cult came on, the front went mental and a mosh pit erupted. 5 minutes later we were on the banks at the side well out of it.

They did quite an acoustic set if I remember rightly - really good.
G'n'R on 10:42 - Jul 5 with 1965 viewsToast_R

I had tickets to go and see Faith No More which was put back a year when Covid hit and then postponed another 6 months before being cancelled all together as Mike Patton the singer has had some kind of lockdown Covid related mental breakdown. Gutting as one of my favourite ever bands and I've never seen them live.
G'n'R on 11:54 - Jul 5 with 1902 viewsLythamR

G'n'R on 10:17 - Jul 5 by Monkey_Roots

I saw them years ago at the Milton Keynes Bowl... They were superb, and at the hieght of their success I think - just after the Use your illusion albums I think.

Me and my mates got quite near the front - stayed their during Blind Melon and Soul Asylum, but as soon as The Cult came on, the front went mental and a mosh pit erupted. 5 minutes later we were on the banks at the side well out of it.

They did quite an acoustic set if I remember rightly - really good.

I was at that MK gig, got to the front for The Cult, it was absolute bedlam, they did a fantastic set and the energy in the pit was extraordinary, only managed about 20 minutes before easing out of the mayhem. G&R came on a bit late and although generally good aa extended November Rain seemed to go forever and ever and still gives the odd nightmare.

Definitely a memorable concert as were the ones at the old Wembley stadium where they really kicked ass
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024