Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wettest football match you've been at 15:10 - Jul 12 with 7003 viewsTheChef

On the flipside of the hottest one!

QPR: v Barnet I think in 1993 in the League Cup, got drenched at the front of the lower Loft, pitch was totally sodden. Not sure how the game got played and completed!

Other: Vicenza v Bologna, 1997. Stood on an open terrace, started pouring on the first whistle, stopped pouring at the final whistle. I was soaked through but totally worth it to see Roberto Baggio in his pomp and score a beauty.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:53 - Jul 13 with 1244 viewsdmm

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:15 - Jul 13 by loftboy

Palace and Watford at home were called off short notice.
Newcastle at home 2010 last game of the season would have been called off any other feat of the season.

Thanks loftboy. I think it was the Palace game.
Wettest football match you've been at on 16:03 - Jul 13 with 1238 viewsTheChef

Wettest football match you've been at on 14:37 - Jul 13 by Antti_Heinola

Wolves away, Kev scored a lovely lob, but we lost 2-1 and it should have been called off. Only reason it wasn't was that it was so one-sided the ref thought there'd be a riot if he called it off. They were playing in a swimming pool by the end.

Norwich at home when Bryan Gunn got i think his only win as manager after we gifted them a goal. Club had ru tickets for a quid or something that night and i brought about 20 mates. It bastarded it down, we were awful, they were awful, the rain was a joke. Mates never came back.

Ah yeah that Wolves game was a wet one - in my mind we drew 2-2 but clearly not.

Despite the win that home crowd was incredibly loud and angry, the loudest whistling I've ever heard at a football match.

Feast your eyes on that lot. Frankie Simek started a game for us??

https://www.11v11.com/matches/wolverhampton-wanderers-v-queens-park-rangers-23-o

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wettest football match you've been at on 17:09 - Jul 13 with 1191 viewsDWQPR

Wettest football match you've been at on 13:15 - Jul 13 by TGRRRSSS

presumably we lost that day

1-1 draw. We went up as champions that season under Venables. Not a bad side at all:

Hucker
Neill
Dawes
Roeder
Wicks
Flanagan
Gregory
Allen
Stainrod
Currie

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wettest football match you've been at on 17:40 - Jul 13 with 1168 viewscharmr

Maybe we should have had categories

1. Got wet
1.(a) Got ridiculously wet
2. Got wet a long way from home on a supporters club train
3. Got wet home by car
4. Got wet home using the underground
5. Didn’t get wet but witnessed biblical damnation and protected by covered terraces.

I was at the Grimsby game and take no 5

Honorable mention Wolves away under de canio ,3-3, brilliant game. No 3 with added mucus
from the locals sitting above.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 17:45]
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:34 - Jul 14 with 1055 viewsPinnerPaul

Refereed a tournament at Harrow School last spring, didn't stop raining for about 4 hours, most of which I spent refereeing.

Pre ordered a bath from Mrs Pinner on the way home because I was so wet and cold - "What do you expect in this weather" was the reply - that's what 39 years of marriage does to a couple!
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:58 - Jul 14 with 1037 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Soppingham Forest away…. er….. 1987ish

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wettest football match you've been at on 19:43 - Jul 14 with 914 viewsCamberleyR

Wettest football match you've been at on 17:09 - Jul 13 by DWQPR

1-1 draw. We went up as champions that season under Venables. Not a bad side at all:

Hucker
Neill
Dawes
Roeder
Wicks
Flanagan
Gregory
Allen
Stainrod
Currie

Such a good side we only needed 10

You missed out Gary Waddock.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wettest football match you've been at on 00:18 - Jul 20 with 808 viewsNewBee

17 November 1982 - N.Ireland 1 v 0 W.Germany.

It pissed down all evening, but we didnt mind, because we pissed over the Germans, while Ian Stewart, late of this parish, took the piss out of the great Manny Kaltz, WG's Right Back:

The above video starts with Stewart's goal, as a prelude to one of the strangest interviews with a footballer you'll ever see, dicky bow tie and all!

P.S. Stewart is noew involved in the music business back in Belfast, while also coaching for the Irish Football Association.

Amongst other things, he is involved with The Back Four, who wrote and produced this song/video for the NI Womens team at the Euros:

[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 0:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024