Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wettest football match you've been at 15:10 - Jul 12 with 7001 viewsTheChef

On the flipside of the hottest one!

QPR: v Barnet I think in 1993 in the League Cup, got drenched at the front of the lower Loft, pitch was totally sodden. Not sure how the game got played and completed!

Other: Vicenza v Bologna, 1997. Stood on an open terrace, started pouring on the first whistle, stopped pouring at the final whistle. I was soaked through but totally worth it to see Roberto Baggio in his pomp and score a beauty.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wettest football match you've been at on 20:41 - Jul 12 with 1605 viewsMedwayR

This...

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/umlgqp/five_years_ago_today_was_the_las

or the 'wally with a brolly' game.

Weren't some of our recent pre-season trips to Germany a little on the rainy side?
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 18:24]

Poll: Who’s better?

Wettest football match you've been at on 20:53 - Jul 12 with 1581 viewsHoosWho

FC Union Berlin vs QPR friendly about 4-5 years ago. Rained off after 5 mins. Whole pitch was flooded.
Wettest football match you've been at on 21:01 - Jul 12 with 1564 viewspaulparker

Swindon away 98 & Chesterfield away in 02or 03
Fcuking drenched

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wettest football match you've been at on 21:02 - Jul 12 with 1565 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR: Home to Arsenal in the cup. Away to Swindon seated in an open away end. Non QPR Mansfield Town vs Brentford. The pitch had several large areas of standing water, one of which was over the corner quadrant and the ref allowed corners to be taken outside it. There were only a handful of Bees fans in an open away end and the club took pity on them at half time and allowed them into the covered stand.

The grass is always greener.

Wettest football match you've been at on 21:13 - Jul 12 with 1533 viewsLongsufferingR

Wettest football match you've been at on 16:02 - Jul 12 by MrSheen

Bolton away about four years ago. Began hammering down about 1.30 and kept going until about 7.00.

This. We were still getting soaked in the upper tier seats as there were so many holes in the roof.
Wettest football match you've been at on 21:30 - Jul 12 with 1509 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sorry if already mentioned but wasn't there a pre-season match in Germany a few years ago which had to be abandoned after a massive downpour?

I just checked it was v Union Berlin.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wettest football match you've been at on 21:39 - Jul 12 with 1499 viewsqprxtc

QPR 6 Kings Road shit£ 0

That was wet.

Wet with f ucking goals.

Ha ha ha!

God bless Cisse for that goal the sh1t hole.
Wettest football match you've been at on 23:04 - Jul 12 with 1425 viewsBostonR

Nothing comes close to the biblical rain, away to Grimsby 1983 - last game of the season. It was horizontal and vertical and coming down at the speed of sound. Just incredible!
Login to get fewer ads

Wettest football match you've been at on 23:13 - Jul 12 with 1415 viewsBoston

This might surprise some of the younger viewers, but it never rained during the 1975/76 season, just a little drizzle here and there with some teardrops at the end.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wettest football match you've been at on 06:00 - Jul 13 with 1362 viewsLoftgirl

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:19 - Jul 12 by ngbqpr

Cup defeat (natch) at Huddersfield's old ground...83, 84ish...gale force wind and sleet all game, open terrace in the exposed hills...

I was there for that. I looked like a snowman at halftime. Lost 1-0 if i remember.
Wettest football match you've been at on 06:04 - Jul 13 with 1357 viewsNorthernr

Wettest football match you've been at on 23:04 - Jul 12 by BostonR

Nothing comes close to the biblical rain, away to Grimsby 1983 - last game of the season. It was horizontal and vertical and coming down at the speed of sound. Just incredible!

My home town. That happens two or three times a week.

Wettest football match you've been at on 07:44 - Jul 13 with 1313 viewsSydneyRs

Arsenal cup replay in 1990, torrential but an absolutely brilliant night.
Wettest football match you've been at on 07:52 - Jul 13 with 1305 viewsDWQPR

Wettest football match you've been at on 06:04 - Jul 13 by Northernr

The sun was not shining in the first half, the sky was that nasty pre-storm yellow. The heavens opened at half time and the pitch was three quarters under water when the players came out.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 11:41]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wettest football match you've been at on 08:33 - Jul 13 with 1264 viewsBostonR

Blimey - that video has it in one! What an incredible day and what a brilliant town you hail from.

The group I was with missed the train home as you literally could not get out of the stand. Trudged into Grimsby and ended up in a brilliant social club. The locals were ace and obviously as hard a nails - we had a fantastic night in Grimsby. I will always remember the locals who were such a laugh.
Wettest football match you've been at on 08:46 - Jul 13 with 1244 viewsTheChef

Conditions so wet that it was filmed with a periscope.

I can't believe that game was completed. I mean those two Grimsby players could have killed Bob Hazell!!

Wettest football match you've been at on 11:39 - Jul 13 with 1172 viewsrobith

*laughs in Paddocks*
Wettest football match you've been at on 11:56 - Jul 13 with 1153 viewsPeterHucker

Wettest football match you've been at on 16:07 - Jul 12 by Hastings_Hoops

Barnet in the league cup… I remember Bradley Allen’s goal celebration for his hatrick… slid on his shins and nearly drowned.

Yep the Bradley Allen hat trick and knee slide was a memorable moment.

As well as the downpour before the match at Blackpool this season, I remember another match up there when Paulo Sousa was in charge.

We won 3-0 with Helguson, Ephraim, Routledge & Cook all looking amazing. I think it might have been Routledge’s debut for us.
Don’t remember if it was raining during the match, it was definitely pretty cold.

But I definitely do remember the walk back to the car afterwards and how I got soaked right through to my underpants!

Still hadn’t dried out when I got back home.
Wettest football match you've been at on 12:07 - Jul 13 with 1137 viewsDWQPR

Wettest football match you've been at on 08:46 - Jul 13 by TheChef

Conditions so wet that it was filmed with a periscope.

I can't believe that game was completed. I mean those two Grimsby players could have killed Bob Hazell!!

The only reason the game was not abandoned was that it was the last game of the season and nothing rode on the result.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wettest football match you've been at on 12:57 - Jul 13 with 1099 viewsTheChef

Wettest football match you've been at on 12:07 - Jul 13 by DWQPR

The only reason the game was not abandoned was that it was the last game of the season and nothing rode on the result.

Ah I see.

Even so, someone could have been seriously injured!

Wettest football match you've been at on 13:15 - Jul 13 with 1079 viewsTGRRRSSS

presumably we lost that day
Wettest football match you've been at on 14:18 - Jul 13 with 1052 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Seville in 2003ish. Beautiful warm Sunday in December, until we went through the turnstiles.

45 minutes later, utterly sopping (wet shoes, socks even my Reg Grundies were wet) and the home side losing 2-0, we left. Stopped on the way back for coffee to warm up as we were twitching more than crack addicts with the cold.

Oh, and Seville came back to win 3-2!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wettest football match you've been at on 14:37 - Jul 13 with 1037 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wolves away, Kev scored a lovely lob, but we lost 2-1 and it should have been called off. Only reason it wasn't was that it was so one-sided the ref thought there'd be a riot if he called it off. They were playing in a swimming pool by the end.

Norwich at home when Bryan Gunn got i think his only win as manager after we gifted them a goal. Club had ru tickets for a quid or something that night and i brought about 20 mates. It bastarded it down, we were awful, they were awful, the rain was a joke. Mates never came back.

Bare bones.

Wettest football match you've been at on 14:57 - Jul 13 with 1024 viewsheadhoops

any port in a storm eh Boston!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:04 - Jul 13 with 1024 viewsdmm

There was a home game a good dozen or so years ago that was called off an hour before kick off but I can't remember who we were playing.

I remember it because I was in the Goldhawk pub when news came through the game was off, and a bunch of supporters stayed in the pub and chatted. I got talking with someone and we suddenly realised we had been at Harvist Road primary school, Kensal Rise together a very long time ago. It was Joe Hylton, who some of you will know.
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:15 - Jul 13 with 1017 viewsloftboy

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:04 - Jul 13 by dmm

There was a home game a good dozen or so years ago that was called off an hour before kick off but I can't remember who we were playing.

I remember it because I was in the Goldhawk pub when news came through the game was off, and a bunch of supporters stayed in the pub and chatted. I got talking with someone and we suddenly realised we had been at Harvist Road primary school, Kensal Rise together a very long time ago. It was Joe Hylton, who some of you will know.

Palace and Watford at home were called off short notice.
Newcastle at home 2010 last game of the season would have been called off any other feat of the season.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024