Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wettest football match you've been at 15:10 - Jul 12 with 7189 viewsTheChef

On the flipside of the hottest one!

QPR: v Barnet I think in 1993 in the League Cup, got drenched at the front of the lower Loft, pitch was totally sodden. Not sure how the game got played and completed!

Other: Vicenza v Bologna, 1997. Stood on an open terrace, started pouring on the first whistle, stopped pouring at the final whistle. I was soaked through but totally worth it to see Roberto Baggio in his pomp and score a beauty.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:12 - Jul 12 with 4246 viewsNorthernr

Barnet hands down, although the walk to Blackpool from the pub last season was really quite something.
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:15 - Jul 12 with 4233 viewsHayesender

Swindon away around 97. They were handing out rain covers with nationwide written across them but they pretty much did fck all.

Took my jeans off when we got back to the pub and hung them on a radiator

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:18 - Jul 12 with 4208 viewsCamberleyR

Spurs at home in 92/93 (the 4-1 game) was pretty wet but it has to be another vote for the Barnet league cup tie.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:19 - Jul 12 with 4203 viewsngbqpr

Cup defeat (natch) at Huddersfield's old ground...83, 84ish...gale force wind and sleet all game, open terrace in the exposed hills...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:20 - Jul 12 with 4200 viewsWokingR

Chelsea away a few years ago.
The one where they put 6 past us and Cisse celebrated like he'd won the world cup all on his own for our consolation.
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:23 - Jul 12 with 4185 viewsJuzzie

Southampton (The Dell) some midweek evening in the 80's. No cover at the away end, I had no umbrella or hat and my jacket was not waterproof, in fact I think it was made of sponge.

Reading at home, walking from White City tube to the ground and there was an absolute deluge which stopped just as we got to the ground. Sat in the upper Loft soaking wet, jeans completely sodden. game got called off due to waterlogged pitch. Amazed i never got pneumonia!
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:25 - Jul 12 with 4168 viewsToast_R

Blackburn away 1999 when we won 2-0. In the uncovered front row of the home end behind the goal (with a lady Rovers fan I'd met in Falaraki that summer) and it absolutely threw it down all day. We won though which was hilarious and I sat there liked a drowned rat with this smug look on my face.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 15:26]
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 4141 viewsloftboy

Back on away 1987, arrived in blue sky, left coat in the car , went through the turnstile at selhurst onto the open terrace and the heavens opened. Went to work on the Monday where I works at a Bejam depot in a cold store, -28, ended up in hospital with hyperthermia.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 4142 viewsJames_Paddocks

Being in the Paddocks means we get drenched at least 3 or 4 times a season.

Blackpool away, pre kick off last season was pretty biblical. Forest away seemed to hammer it down too.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 15:29]
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 4111 viewscharmr

Another mention for Huddersfield away in the cup.

Got beat and felt better when TV said we’d never get out of this division if we played like them.
Wettest football match you've been at on 15:49 - Jul 12 with 4077 viewsDWQPR

That Swindon match was the extremely wet but for me it was Grimsby away at the end of the 82/83 season. That was biblical.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:53 - Jul 12 with 4049 viewsheadhoops

Oxford Away 1986, 3-3 draw, open top away stand and rained non stop.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Wettest football match you've been at on 16:00 - Jul 12 with 4032 viewsthorpebankR

Home to Arsenal when Sansom scored was pretty wet I remember.
Wettest football match you've been at on 16:01 - Jul 12 with 4029 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wasn’t there a run of home games at the start of last season where it p1ssed down? Blackburn and Birmingham come to mind. I thought there were some good photos of the rain cascading off the roof above the loft but couldn’t find any.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wettest football match you've been at on 16:02 - Jul 12 with 4019 viewsMrSheen

Bolton away about four years ago. Began hammering down about 1.30 and kept going until about 7.00.
Wettest football match you've been at on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 4009 viewsHastings_Hoops

Barnet in the league cup… I remember Bradley Allen’s goal celebration for his hatrick… slid on his shins and nearly drowned.
Wettest football match you've been at on 16:09 - Jul 12 with 3991 viewsted_hendrix

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:15 - Jul 12 by Hayesender

Swindon away around 97. They were handing out rain covers with nationwide written across them but they pretty much did fck all.

Took my jeans off when we got back to the pub and hung them on a radiator

We've had a couple of games down there like that, got drenched plus they still haven't put a bloody roof on the away end.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wettest football match you've been at on 16:10 - Jul 12 with 3989 viewshamptonhillhoop

I remember a game in the mid 80's, home to Wolves, stood in the Paddock. Got absolutely drenched. Think we won 2 - 1 but I'm sure Ian Dawes scored a comical own goal
Wettest football match you've been at on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 3964 viewsderbyhoop

At Forest before they covered the Bridgford End. Wind off the Trent. Couldn't decide whether to rain, sleet, hail or snow. Lost 4-0 and police kept us in, to prevent any trouble! All we wanted to do was get in the car and dry out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wettest football match you've been at on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 3960 viewsWatfordR

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:53 - Jul 12 by headhoops

Gets my vote too. Fans in that end sang and bounced around to the point of delirium that afternoon. What an absolute hole the old Manor Ground was.
Wettest football match you've been at on 16:46 - Jul 12 with 3915 viewslightwaterhoop

Wettest football match you've been at on 15:53 - Jul 12 by headhoops

To cap it all one of the windscreen wipers of the car i was traveling in that day broke.The driver had to wind his window down and stick his head out to see where he was going.
Wettest football match you've been at on 17:05 - Jul 12 with 3875 viewsderbyhoop

John McGovern, the ex Derby and Forest captain told me of a visit by Arsenal to the Baseball Ground, which was a notorious mud heap. Bob Wilson, Storey, Charlie George all arrived nine smart club suits. They walked out onto the pitch and then gingerly paddled back to the dressing rooms, with mud up to their knees.
He told me he knew they would win after that. And duly did.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wettest football match you've been at on 17:14 - Jul 12 with 3861 viewsstanistheman

Norwich at home when a mess up involving Delaney, Cerney and some other defender led to conceding the only goal. The wind and the rain were terrible and I left thinking why the £uck did I even bother tonight.
Wettest football match you've been at on 19:01 - Jul 12 with 3767 viewsterryb

Away to Arsenal August 1968. It was boiling hot, standing on the Clock End terracing & then near the end of the match we suffered a torrential downpour.

At least my brother got the inside of his car washed from us sitting on te seats!
Wettest football match you've been at on 20:32 - Jul 12 with 3663 viewsdigswellhoop

stans testimonial
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024