Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train strike first day of season. 13:13 - Jul 14 with 6486 viewsSnipper

That’ll hit away fans.

ASLEF drivers to strike at 8 rail companies.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 13:14]
Train strike first day of season. on 13:13 - Jul 14 with 3861 viewsNorthernr

Fucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Train strike first day of season. on 13:39 - Jul 14 with 3682 viewstoboboly

Train drivers at the following companies have voted to strike:

Arriva Rail London
Chiltern Railways
Great Western
LNER
Northern Trains
Southeastern
TransPennine Express
West Midlands Trains

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62166276

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Train strike first day of season. on 13:44 - Jul 14 with 3670 viewsNorthernr

Train strike first day of season. on 13:39 - Jul 14 by toboboly

Train drivers at the following companies have voted to strike:

Arriva Rail London
Chiltern Railways
Great Western
LNER
Northern Trains
Southeastern
TransPennine Express
West Midlands Trains

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62166276

So that's not the West Coast line which we'll use to Blackburn. However...

- if they're running when LNER aren't there's a possiblity Euston and the trains will just be so overrun and rammed that it's not practical to use them.
- If that is the case, will they advise you not to travel and offer refunds? Or will they just shrug and say 'we ran a service mate, you chose not to use it, no refund'
- Even if it does run fine no Northern and no TPE means no service Preston to Blackburn, so there'll be some happy Preston cab drivers, and getting back after will be an ars.
Train strike first day of season. on 14:13 - Jul 14 with 3524 viewsNorthernr

BBC have actually updated/corrected the list. So Avanti/Northern/TPE all appear fine. But you've still got the problem of the East Coast piling onto the West Coast.

Also, Charlton are at Accrington same day...

Arriva Rail London
Chiltern Railways
Great Western
LNER
Greater Anglia
Southeastern
Hull Trains
West Midlands Trains
Train strike first day of season. on 14:14 - Jul 14 with 3511 viewsToast_R

Beam Back at Loftus Road anyone?
Train strike first day of season. on 14:30 - Jul 14 with 3442 viewsBoston

'ere Snips, any update on the Wheeltappers and Shunters committee meeting?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Train strike first day of season. on 19:50 - Jul 14 with 3111 viewsgobbles

Make a week of it! Apparently the cemetery is well worth it.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g580406-Activities-Blackburn_Lancashir
Train strike first day of season. on 08:14 - Jul 15 with 2924 viewsknocker

Now the tossers are going to strike on August 20th when we are at home to rotherham. If that goes ahead be lucky to get 10000.
Login to get fewer ads

Train strike first day of season. on 08:56 - Jul 15 with 2842 viewsEsox_Lucius

Train strike first day of season. on 08:14 - Jul 15 by knocker

Now the tossers are going to strike on August 20th when we are at home to rotherham. If that goes ahead be lucky to get 10000.

I object to your calling them tossers. These are people whose livelihoods are at risk and way down on the payscale compared to the real tossers who are painting them as the bad guys in this dispute. The whole point of a strike action is to cause a disruption otherwise there would be no point.

The grass is always greener.

Train strike first day of season. on 09:23 - Jul 15 with 2788 viewsknocker

Train strike first day of season. on 08:56 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

I object to your calling them tossers. These are people whose livelihoods are at risk and way down on the payscale compared to the real tossers who are painting them as the bad guys in this dispute. The whole point of a strike action is to cause a disruption otherwise there would be no point.

The country is on its knees and they want to add to the worry. Tossers to me and most of the millions affected by their actions. No doubt with a left wing agenda to do as much damage to the government.
Train strike first day of season. on 09:24 - Jul 15 with 2781 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Train strike first day of season. on 08:56 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

Absolutely!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Train strike first day of season. on 09:28 - Jul 15 with 2755 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Train strike first day of season. on 09:23 - Jul 15 by knocker

The country is on its knees and they want to add to the worry. Tossers to me and most of the millions affected by their actions. No doubt with a left wing agenda to do as much damage to the government.

Regrettably I up-ticked your post in error.

The country is in the state it is not because people are exercising their right to protect their livelihoods, but of those higher up the pay scale at the companies they work at, and a totally incompetent government.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Train strike first day of season. on 09:36 - Jul 15 with 2732 viewsknocker

Train strike first day of season. on 09:28 - Jul 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Regrettably I up-ticked your post in error.

The country is in the state it is not because people are exercising their right to protect their livelihoods, but of those higher up the pay scale at the companies they work at, and a totally incompetent government.

The country is in a mess purely because of a 2 year lockdown. Anyone who thinks that Diane Abbott and her cronies would have done a better job need their head examined.
Train strike first day of season. on 10:37 - Jul 15 with 2563 viewsToast_R

Blackburn Tickets on sale today from 12pm by order of loyalty points.
Train strike first day of season. on 11:22 - Jul 15 with 2500 viewsRangersw12

Train strike first day of season. on 08:14 - Jul 15 by knocker

Blame the "tossers" at the top of the tree not the workers
Train strike first day of season. on 11:30 - Jul 15 with 2472 viewsactonman

Could they not just strike on weekdays thus affecting business and work rather than people trying to enjoy themselves on a Saturday ?
The government won’t give two fiddlers that thousands of footy fans are inconvenienced or have to pay more to get to the football
Train strike first day of season. on 11:33 - Jul 15 with 2458 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Train strike first day of season. on 09:36 - Jul 15 by knocker

The country is in a mess purely because of a 2 year lockdown. Anyone who thinks that Diane Abbott and her cronies would have done a better job need their head examined.

Every country has experienced the issues related to Covid. However, the UK’s issues are structural, deep rooted and pre-date Covid.

Anyone who thinks Johnson, Rees-Mogg et al have done a good job are the type of turkeys who would vote for Christmas.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 12:22]

Train strike first day of season. on 11:53 - Jul 15 with 2415 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They’re talking about striking on the 18th and 20th August now too so might effect some people traveling for the Rotherham game.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Train strike first day of season. on 11:53 - Jul 15 with 2411 viewsNorthernr

Train strike first day of season. on 11:53 - Jul 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

They’re talking about striking on the 18th and 20th August now too so might effect some people traveling for the Rotherham game.

Like I say we're going to be dodging this all winter, and it won't just be the trains.
Train strike first day of season. on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 2341 viewsloftus77

I still cling to the hope that the ASLEF train strike on 30 July will be pulled last minute, or a few days before. They often do.
Train strike first day of season. on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 2290 viewsSheffieldHoop

Just get on with automation, should've been done years ago

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Train strike first day of season. on 12:23 - Jul 15 with 2287 viewsRangersw12

Train strike first day of season. on 11:53 - Jul 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought the Sunderland game could be affected aswell
Train strike first day of season. on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 2242 viewsSnipper

Train strike first day of season. on 12:17 - Jul 15 by SheffieldHoop

So you want technology to take over?

What happens when technology takes over all jobs?

What then for your grandchildren?

Be very careful what you wish for.
Train strike first day of season. on 12:38 - Jul 15 with 2222 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Train strike first day of season. on 12:17 - Jul 15 by SheffieldHoop

In view of the research and resulting material written on the subject of AI, have you considered the massive impact AI will have over the next 5-10 years?

I suspect not, and glib comments potentially indicate a lack of appreciation of the problems that are ahead of us.

The world faces a massive challenge of integrating-in AI at a time when millions of jobs globally will be phased-out. Something of this nature needs careful planning; it requires massive re-training of people to be able to continue working out the rest of their working lives or, face huge economic hardships of losing jobs and not being able to get back into the workforce.

This is a global phenomenon that we’re on the cusp of, and which Covid has, if anything, expedited. It’s a challenge that the majority of workers worldwide are worryingly unaware of. The rail unions, are however, not unaware. They can see this in automated rail systems around the world, and in standing up for their members in terms of current conditions, longer term concerns over job reductions, and concerns over basic safety on the rail system, folks might be better off listening to the issues before rushing to judgment based on their own preconceived ideas, prejudices and, in some cases, ignorance.

Automated trains are coming, but given AI/blockchain technology are so advanced, no one’s job is truly safe. No one!

Train strike first day of season. on 12:47 - Jul 15 with 2188 viewsSheffieldHoop

Train strike first day of season. on 12:31 - Jul 15 by Snipper

So you want technology to take over?

What happens when technology takes over all jobs?

What then for your grandchildren?

Be very careful what you wish for.

Given my current job is to automate tasks that people far more senior and educated than me don't really want to do.....I'll answer simply......Yes.

And by not employing Admin people to do these tasks anymore, we make the budget available to hire more Doctors and Nurses.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024